Discuss Scratch

gdxfor
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

gdxfor wrote:

floppasyay wrote:

What does this mean?

(Special Contributions page)
It's the net bytes by which the contribution altered the page by (basically how many extra characters were added or removed).
For example, (+66) would mean that the article got 66 characters longer after the edit.
floppasyay
Scratcher
500+ posts

gdxfor wrote:

(#4864)

gdxfor wrote:

floppasyay wrote:

What does this mean?

(Special Contributions page)
It's the net bytes by which the contribution altered the page by (basically how many extra characters were added or removed).
For example, (+66) would mean that the article got 66 characters longer after the edit.
Ok, thanks. I thought it was something good or bad depending on the score

Last edited by floppasyay (Feb. 28, 2024 18:32:24)

lo siento si mi grámatica no es buena - aún aprendo | I have tasted mutated kumquats in the Philippines | Want cœl forum emojis? Click here!|

(born in UK but 100% Filipino)
IF YOU USE A NON-PERMANENT WASHABLE MARKER THE SCRATCH TEAM'S EVIL KUMQUATS WILL EAT UP YOUR SIGNATURE.
Aprendo español y tagalo.
Main languages (to learn): Spanish (español), Tagalog (my parent's mother tongue (they speak English as well))
SIGNATURE IN CONSTRUCTION
gabenano500
Scratcher
10 posts

Make the page “Grounded Videos” and add my series “Fleetway Gets Grounded” to the list of Grounded Shows
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gabenano500 wrote:

Make the page “Grounded Videos” and add my series “Fleetway Gets Grounded” to the list of Grounded Shows
We do not create articles about Scratchers and projects

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
Markohan
Scratcher
25 posts

jackson2cypher wrote:

Adzboy wrote:

jackson2cypher wrote:

Zydrolic wrote:

jackson2cypher wrote:

(#4830)
Yeah I know, I liked blue so much better
The wiki has always been purple though.
Yeah but beyond the point the normal scratch was blue
This is the wiki topic
Very interesting…
The wiki have something blue.

Last edited by Markohan (Feb. 29, 2024 03:17:17)

yiottfy
Scratcher
15 posts

Please can you tell me about the request notes for scratch wiki

Adeleke
Purin2022
Scratcher
100+ posts

yiottfy wrote:

Please can you tell me about the request notes for scratch wiki
Please read the section named ‘What to Write in the “Request Notes”’ in this page for the info for it. We cannot provide anymore info than this.

Last edited by Purin2022 (March 3, 2024 11:15:06)

A signature. Me in the wiki.
yiottfy
Scratcher
15 posts

Please I don't understand

Adeleke
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yiottfy wrote:

Please I don't understand
It is your responsibility to read and understand the instructions; one of the purposes of the account request system is to make sure users can read and follow instructions.

Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi everyone,

I have been made aware that the User Verification Project used for signing up has been taken down. I have reached out to the Scratch Team to get clarification on the matter, but cannot give more information at this time due to the private nature of alerts and admin actions.

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have been made aware that the User Verification Project used for signing up has been taken down. I have reached out to the Scratch Team to get clarification on the matter, but cannot give more information at this time due to the private nature of alerts and admin actions.
Update: we have moved it to use another project for now, so people should be able to request accounts again.

yippymishy
Scratcher
100+ posts

My game was featured a few days ago and I got an alert from the Scratch Team with the following text, which I don't think is on the wiki. Is there somewhere on the wiki where I could add this?

Scratch Team wrote:

Hi, there! We have recently featured a project of yours! We feature projects for a variety of reasons, including creative uses of Scratch, unique concepts, thought provoking ideas, and so much more. We really enjoyed seeing what you created, and we think it could be inspiring to others in the Scratch Community, as well! When projects are featured, it can bring a lot of attention to the project and the user who created it, so we wanted to remind you of some options you have once your project appears on the homepage. You are always welcome to turn off commenting on your project should this start to feel overwhelming. Should you notice any mean or disrespectful comments, we encourage you to use the “Report” button to let the Scratch Team know. You should feel empowered to delete any comments on your project, as well. You may also receive comments on other projects you have created or on your profile, but you have the ability to turn off your comments on your profile and/or on individual projects, should you wish to do so. If you have any questions or concerns or would like to remove your project from the featured row of the homepage, you can always reach out to us via our Contact Us link https://scratch.mit.edu/contact-us and let us know. Thank you for sharing your awesome project, and we sincerely hope you enjoy being on the homepage. Scratch On! - Scratch Team

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yippymishy wrote:

My game was featured a few days ago and I got an alert from the Scratch Team with the following text, which I don't think is on the wiki. Is there somewhere on the wiki where I could add this?

Scratch Team wrote:

ST Snipping
That seems like useful info. I'd add it on the Featured Projects page. Do you want me to add it?

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

NotK3ndricAlt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

why was the 28th february wiki wednesday made today it’s the 4th of march

If you see this on my signature, you’ve been infected by the NotK3ndricAlt virus! Put this on the top of your signature and add your name to the list of people who got this virus to help NotK3ndricAlt get more followers.
List of people who got this virus: NotK3ndricAlt

SAVE SCRATCH.
Forum clout (as of 27 Jan 2024): 11943
But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.
Everytime I see the number 2024, I think its 2014 for a millisecond but then realize its 2024.
My browser / operating system: IPad iOS 16.1.1, Safari 16.1, No Flash version detected
Did you know that you can select the text then click on the BBCode tag you want to use and it'll pop up with the BBCode on the text?
Hola, soy NotK3ndricAlt! I speak Spanish and English.
My rentry!
Kids rule! B)
Participated in Scratch Awards 2023
pls plaey https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/928410544/ NOAW!!!M!!M!!M!M!!M!!M!!M!M!M!M!
#Add ForumPost Hearting (click to see suggestion)
Omni Studios Admin
(^v^ :: motion) // Kumquat protector
Hacked block:
when this sprite touches [mouse-pointer v] :: events hat
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NotK3ndricAlt wrote:

why was the 28th february wiki wednesday made today it’s the 4th of march
There were some delays in getting it posted.

MaisiePatti288
Scratcher
32 posts

If you can, can you make an article about me, MaisiePatti288? It's fine if you decline the offer.

~''im in your walls''~
floppasyay
Scratcher
500+ posts

MaisiePatti288 wrote:

If you can, can you make an article about me, MaisiePatti288? It's fine if you decline the offer.

jvvg wrote:

We do not create articles about Scratchers and projects

lo siento si mi grámatica no es buena - aún aprendo | I have tasted mutated kumquats in the Philippines | Want cœl forum emojis? Click here!|

(born in UK but 100% Filipino)
IF YOU USE A NON-PERMANENT WASHABLE MARKER THE SCRATCH TEAM'S EVIL KUMQUATS WILL EAT UP YOUR SIGNATURE.
Aprendo español y tagalo.
Main languages (to learn): Spanish (español), Tagalog (my parent's mother tongue (they speak English as well))
SIGNATURE IN CONSTRUCTION
Markohan
Scratcher
25 posts

jvvg wrote:

Hi everyone,

That's how worst false reporters is. They report something not innapropriate. The User Verification Project even for important things at joining the Wiki. do you think it's weird of they reporting the important project like that? So they report for fun? to being having trouble?
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Markohan wrote:

jvvg wrote:

Hi everyone,

That's how worst false reporters is. They report something not innapropriate. The User Verification Project even for important things at joining the Wiki. do you think it's weird of they reporting the important project like that? So they report for fun? to being having trouble?
All I can say for sure is that the project was taken down by a human Scratch Team member, and not automatically. I have no idea if they just happened to stumble across the project or if it got reported by someone, but it wasn't just removed due to mass reporting. I have already reached out to the Scratch Team to get this sorted out and will report back when I get a response. I cannot comment further on the situation due to the private nature of alerts and Scratch Team actions.

Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is there any way to see your account request if you forgot the request password?

I made an request with a long password, but i'm relatively sure i put in the wrong password or username because i inputted both exactly as i wrote down i did, and it said there was no request with said username and password.

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)