Discuss Scratch

Markohan
Scratcher
25 posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

banana439monkey wrote:

prankers-team wrote:

(#4841)

Markohan wrote:

Is Scratch Wiki is made by MIT? Or it's made by a Scratcher? Or it's made with Scratch Teams?
No it isn't made by the scratch team or MIT it was made by a group of scratchers (correct me if I'm wrong) Then the scratch team notice this Wiki and love it so much that they put the scratch Wiki in the community tab at the bottom of scratch
it's a bit more complicated than that
LukeTek created the original scratch programming wiki on wikia
Lucario621, JSO and andres moved the wiki (by creating a new one) to an mit hosted server
the backend remains in the st's custody until 2018 when we took control of it (and by we, i mean jvvg, ken and mtwoll)
so now we have custody of the wiki (as scratchers)

Banana
Ooh. one more question. since the 2008. Scratch is still first generation? (Scratch 1)
jackson2cypher
Scratcher
19 posts

Zydrolic wrote:

jackson2cypher wrote:

(#4830)
Yeah I know, I liked blue so much better
The wiki has always been purple though.
Yeah but beyond the point the normal scratch was blue
jackson2cypher
Scratcher
19 posts

Okay…
Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jackson2cypher wrote:

Zydrolic wrote:

jackson2cypher wrote:

(#4830)
This is the wiki topic

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wiki down

prankers-team
Scratcher
9 posts

Markohan wrote:

banana439monkey wrote:

prankers-team wrote:

(#4841)

Markohan wrote:

Is Scratch Wiki is made by MIT? Or it's made by a Scratcher? Or it's made with Scratch Teams?
No it isn't made by the scratch team or MIT it was made by a group of scratchers (correct me if I'm wrong) Then the scratch team notice this Wiki and love it so much that they put the scratch Wiki in the community tab at the bottom of scratch
it's a bit more complicated than that
LukeTek created the original scratch programming wiki on wikia
Lucario621, JSO and andres moved the wiki (by creating a new one) to an mit hosted server
the backend remains in the st's custody until 2018 when we took control of it (and by we, i mean jvvg, ken and mtwoll)
so now we have custody of the wiki (as scratchers)

Banana
Ooh. one more question. since the 2008. Scratch is still first generation? (Scratch 1)
Well no the scratch we use is 3.29.1 (correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited by prankers-team (Feb. 20, 2024 01:11:37)

46goldencoins
Scratcher
45 posts

hey, if you heard of me, make sure you post me on the scratch wiki (& i'm not forcing you or anything, because a good guy like me would never force anybody or anything, please remember that!).
46goldencoins
Scratcher
45 posts

46goldencoins wrote:

hey, if you heard of me, make sure you post me on the scratch wiki (& i'm not forcing you or anything, because a good guy like me would never force anybody or anything, please remember that!).
Oh!, i almost forgot!, if you don't feel like posting me on scratch wiki, that's ok! every body hates or likes something!, but remember!, it's all in the good.
gdxfor
Scratcher
100+ posts

46goldencoins wrote:

I can't find your username on the Scratch Wiki, what's the account you use on the Wiki?
floppasyay
Scratcher
500+ posts

46goldencoins wrote:

46goldencoins wrote:

Oh!, i almost forgot!, if you don't feel like posting me on scratch wiki, that's ok! every body hates or likes something!, but remember!, it's all in the good.
This is just the rules, but you cannot advertise anyone on any on the Srcath Wiki pages except your talk page / own page if you have an account AFAIK.

lo siento si mi grámatica no es buena - aún aprendo | I have tasted mutated kumquats in the Philippines | Want cœl forum emojis? Click here!|

(born in UK but 100% Filipino)
IF YOU USE A NON-PERMANENT WASHABLE MARKER THE SCRATCH TEAM'S EVIL KUMQUATS WILL EAT UP YOUR SIGNATURE.
Aprendo español y tagalo.
Main languages (to learn): Spanish (español), Tagalog (my parent's mother tongue (they speak English as well))
SIGNATURE IN CONSTRUCTION
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gdxfor wrote:

46goldencoins wrote:

I can't find your username on the Scratch Wiki, what's the account you use on the Wiki?
You need to request an account to edit on the Scratch Wiki. If your request is accepted, then you will have the same username as the associated Scratch account.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch's Domains —> Assets
This subdomain stores assets used by Scratch projects, and is sometimes used as an Image Host.
The part after the comma should probably be removed as it isn't usable anymore.

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

Scratch's Domains —> Assets
This subdomain stores assets used by Scratch projects, and is sometimes used as an Image Host.
The part after the comma should probably be removed as it isn't usable anymore.
Done.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

(#4856)
Done.
Thank you!!

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

jackson2cypher
Scratcher
19 posts

Adzboy wrote:

jackson2cypher wrote:

Zydrolic wrote:

jackson2cypher wrote:

(#4830)
This is the wiki topic
Very interesting…
EDALIA24680
Scratcher
2 posts

Hi! I was typing something but the page suddenly changed and it said to try again in a few minutes but everything that I had typed was not saved. I retyped everything but it happened again. Can you tell me why this happened?

Last edited by EDALIA24680 (Feb. 24, 2024 06:27:10)

Catcake52
Scratcher
14 posts

Thanks
ii-kxiko
Scratcher
20 posts

Help I can’t post the verification code!
floppasyay
Scratcher
500+ posts

What does this mean?

(Special Contributions page)

Last edited by floppasyay (Feb. 28, 2024 17:22:51)

lo siento si mi grámatica no es buena - aún aprendo | I have tasted mutated kumquats in the Philippines | Want cœl forum emojis? Click here!|

(born in UK but 100% Filipino)
IF YOU USE A NON-PERMANENT WASHABLE MARKER THE SCRATCH TEAM'S EVIL KUMQUATS WILL EAT UP YOUR SIGNATURE.
Aprendo español y tagalo.
Main languages (to learn): Spanish (español), Tagalog (my parent's mother tongue (they speak English as well))
SIGNATURE IN CONSTRUCTION
gdxfor
Scratcher
100+ posts

floppasyay wrote:

What does this mean?

(Special Contributions page)
It's the net bytes by which the contribution altered the page by (basically how many extra characters were added or removed).

Last edited by gdxfor (Feb. 28, 2024 17:48:55)