Discuss Scratch

banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Zydrolic wrote:

(#4764)

gatgatcode wrote:

(#4762)
well aren't they the same now?
They aren't, actually - Wiki uses #7953c4 while Scratch uses #855cd6 - A bit darker yet higher contrast color.
i think that was the wrong text colour that you used…

Banana

Banana
——————————————————————————–

Very inactive user who has now become a maker.
If you reply to this post it would be greatly appreciated if you could comment the link to your post on my profile!!!

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

banana439monkey wrote:

(#4767)

Zydrolic wrote:

(#4764)

gatgatcode wrote:

(#4762)
well aren't they the same now?
They aren't, actually - Wiki uses #7953c4 while Scratch uses #855cd6 - A bit darker yet higher contrast color.
i think that was the wrong text colour that you used…

Banana
Lol whoops yeah

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

Purin2022
Scratcher
100+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

JimmyShell79 wrote:

kenny2scratch wrote:

snip
Can I have a page on the scratch wiki?
Of course! You can edit your page at User:USERNAME and make subpages out of it. There are much less restrictions to what you can edit there.
Please do note however that you may not have a main page article (without the User: prefix) about yourself. Also please note that making a userpage requires a wiki account. (which is NOT equal to a Scratch account) All userpages must follow the Community Guidelines.

A signature. Me in the wiki.
Scratch137
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

(#4761)

gdfsgdfsgdfg wrote:

Now we are getting 503 Service Unavailable errors
That should go away fairly quickly. It's part of a mitigation for the 508 errors we were formerly getting, but these should be a lot less frequent and go away much more quickly.
For me, I now seem to be getting 503 errors rather frequently.
I also get a 508 every so often, although it's much less common.
Avo-10
Scratcher
8 posts

The whole scratch stuff is now purple…
BroComanyInc
Scratcher
2 posts

The Scratch Wiki does not have an article with this exact name calledTalk:Series
CodeLearnerSai
Scratcher
100+ posts

On Scratch Wiki:Unblocking, in section “Other requirements to become unblocked,” make these changes:
In addition to writing an appeal meeting the above guidelines, users wishing to be unblocked also should do the following:
  • Maintain good behavior on the Scratch Website
  • Avoid harassing Wiki administrators or others involved in the ban off-Wiki (such as on the Scratch Website)
  • Only discuss the block via the appeals channel and avoid involving other users or bringing it up on the Scratch Website (appeals sent outside the appeals channel will not be accepted)
  • Avoid attempting to use alternate accounts or requesting more accounts to bypass the block
Legend:
removed
added

Last edited by CodeLearnerSai (Dec. 23, 2023 21:01:50)

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I got this error once. I reloaded and it fixed itself, but you may want to think about it.
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

I got this error once. I reloaded and it fixed itself, but you may want to think about it.
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
This is part of some mitigations we've been doing for server issues. Try again later and it usually goes away pretty quickly.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
Knaginb7438
Scratcher
100+ posts

username saving system? what would it do?
ToastRoastBoast
Scratcher
500+ posts

https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Discussion_Forums the fourms isnt down on jan 1 2023 so plz add that on the forums page in scratch wiki

ihfeifiebifbri
SidewaysCoder
Scratcher
100+ posts

ToastRoastBoast wrote:

https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Discussion_Forums the fourms isnt down on jan 1 2023 so plz add that on the forums page in scratch wiki
The time the forums were back up was about 3:00 pm EST too, if this helps.

gatgatcode
Scratcher
100+ posts

i would happily do that if it doesnt take me THREE TRYS TO MAKE AN EDIT before my browser gives up on loading it

Profile!
My browser: MS-Edge
My os: Windows 11
JimmyShell79
Scratcher
74 posts

Purin2022 wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

JimmyShell79 wrote:

kenny2scratch wrote:

snip
Can I have a page on the scratch wiki?
Of course! You can edit your page at User:USERNAME and make subpages out of it. There are much less restrictions to what you can edit there.
Please do note however that you may not have a main page article (without the User: prefix) about yourself. Also please note that making a userpage requires a wiki account. (which is NOT equal to a Scratch account) All userpages must follow the Community Guidelines.
Ok. I tried that before but @kenny2scratch denied it.

Use BBCode for the stuff pls.
<color [#212121] is touching [#ccc696] ?>
I mean, is it? Check it out on the Forums.
Can people at first when they're doing the post, reply, quote or something on the forums and/or doing/changing the signature.
Es ist cool, eingestellt zu haben.
True though
dodo (language is "sussy222")
CodeLearnerSai
Scratcher
100+ posts

On Scratch Wiki:Unblocking, in section “Other requirements to become unblocked,” can someone please make these changes:
In addition to writing an appeal meeting the above guidelines, users wishing to be unblocked also should do the following:
  • Maintain good behavior on the Scratch Website. This is necessary to show that the user can follow the Community Guidelines.
  • Avoid harassing Wiki administrators or others involved in the ban off-Wiki (such as on the Scratch Website)
  • Only discuss the block via the appeals channel and avoid involving other users or bringing it up on the Scratch Website (appeals sent outside the appeals channel will not be accepted)
  • Avoid attempting to use alternate accounts or requesting more accounts to bypass the block
Legend:
removed
added
Purin2022
Scratcher
100+ posts

JimmyShell79 wrote:

-snip-
Ok. I tried that before but @kenny2scratch denied it.
You don't have a Scratch Wiki account so you can't have User:JimmyShell79 on the wiki.

Last edited by Purin2022 (Jan. 2, 2024 13:09:38)

floppasyay
Scratcher
500+ posts

How you delete pictures that you have uploaded? I've just made a file called SignatureLinkNoMobile.png and it seems to be a duplicate. Also, does it matter if it even is a duplicate?

que hiciste!?!? | hey i am entitled here is my comic con PRIORITY pas /j | visit the virtual doge memorial

lo siento si mi grámatica no es buena - aún aprendo | I have tasted mutated kumquats in the Philippines | Want cœl forum emojis? Click here!|

(born in UK but 100% Filipino)
IF YOU USE A NON-PERMANENT WASHABLE MARKER THE SCRATCH TEAM'S EVIL KUMQUATS WILL EAT UP YOUR SIGNATURE.
Aprendo español y tagalo.
Main languages (to learn): Spanish (español), Tagalog (my parent's mother tongue (they speak English as well))
SIGNATURE IN CONSTRUCTION
Purin2022
Scratcher
100+ posts

floppasyay wrote:

How you delete pictures that you have uploaded? I've just made a file called SignatureLinkNoMobile.png and it seems to be a duplicate. Also, does it matter if it even is a duplicate?
You can edit your file by going to the file and click ‘edit source’. Add {{ delete }} without the spaces to mark the file to be deleted. Remember to add a reason by doing {{delete|yourreason}}
(Yes, you can't delete it; only EW+ can do that)
(What's up with the censor today?)

Knaginb7438
Scratcher
100+ posts

YubNubEwok wrote:

Hey there! This sounds super cool! But I have a question that has been on my mind for a while:
If you sign up for a Wiki account or if you get accepted, do you get an email about all of this Wiki stuff?
Revival time!
How often do people from a Wiki get a chance to tell you the status of your account request?
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hidden Blocks - Pen Effects
This section has a few grammar mistakes which I'll underline to cut it short:

About the purple line, pretty sure “However” should be added to the start of that sentence (before “They”) but that's not needed.

And I'm unsure about the “input block” part, but pretty sure block is not needed.

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!