Discuss Scratch

Purin2022
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Knaginb7438 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Hey there! This sounds super cool! But I have a question that has been on my mind for a while:
If you sign up for a Wiki account or if you get accepted, do you get an email about all of this Wiki stuff?
Revival time!
How often do people from a Wiki get a chance to tell you the status of your account request?
What do you mean?

Zydrolic wrote:

Hidden Blocks - Pen Effects
This section has a few grammar mistakes which I'll underline to cut it short:

About the purple line, pretty sure “However” should be added to the start of that sentence (before “They”) but that's not needed.

And I'm unsure about the “input block” part, but pretty sure block is not needed.
I will fix those once the wiki is back up.
Edit: Should be fixed now. Also, ‘block’ doesn't need to be in plural because it's referring to a single block.

Last edited by Purin2022 (Jan. 3, 2024 20:40:27)

A signature. Me in the wiki.
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Purin2022 wrote:

Knaginb7438 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Hey there! This sounds super cool! But I have a question that has been on my mind for a while:
If you sign up for a Wiki account or if you get accepted, do you get an email about all of this Wiki stuff?
Revival time!
How often do people from a Wiki get a chance to tell you the status of your account request?
What do you mean?

Zydrolic wrote:

Hidden Blocks - Pen Effects
This section has a few grammar mistakes which I'll underline to cut it short:

About the purple line, pretty sure “However” should be added to the start of that sentence (before “They”) but that's not needed.

And I'm unsure about the “input block” part, but pretty sure block is not needed.
No worries, I got it

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Purin2022 wrote:

(#4789)
Currently it appears to be back up though loads slow. I guess it's not the same for logged in users then.
Thank you though!!

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi
- This account's usage is irregular

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

Purin2022 wrote:

(#4789)
Currently it appears to be back up though loads slow. I guess it's not the same for logged in users then.
Thank you though!!
Purin, you missed one, and we were editing at the same time lol. Don't worry I fixed it

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

Purin2022
Scratcher
100+ posts

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 120.0.0.0, No Flash version detected
The wiki servers are very temperamental recently - it's either loading very slowly, or worse, a 503 or 508.

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Purin2022 wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 120.0.0.0, No Flash version detected
The wiki servers are very temperamental recently - it's either loading very slowly, or worse, a 503 or 508.
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 120.0.0.0, Flash 32.0 (release 0)
Same. Very annoying.

(flash version is ruffle)

Markohan
Scratcher
26 posts

Is there is more update (more version to change 3.0) for this Scratch? are they still discussing? Thanks!
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Markohan wrote:

Is there is more update (more version to change 3.0) for this Scratch? are they still discussing? Thanks!
This goes in the Suggestions forums, and no, ST has said that there is no need, except forums, which is being considered.

Knaginb7438
Scratcher
100+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

Markohan wrote:

This goes in the Suggestions forums, and no, ST has said that there is no need, except forums, which is being considered.
Oooooh, 4.0 forums. We have been stuck on 3.0 to 3.66 (3.66 is offline and is the latest version of Scratch, so is 3.29.1) 4.0 forums would be good. But only 3.0 has forums.

Last edited by Knaginb7438 (Jan. 7, 2024 20:50:44)

subjectnamehere
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Knaginb7438 wrote:

(#4795)

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

Markohan wrote:

Oooooh, 4.0 forums. We have been stuck on 3.0 to 3.66 (3.66 is offline and is the latest version of Scratch, so is 3.29.1) 4.0 forums would be good. But only 3.0 has forums.
scratch forums are still on 2.0
we don't have 3.0 yet

uwu
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

subjectnamehere wrote:

Knaginb7438 wrote:

(#4795)

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

Markohan wrote:

scratch forums are still on 2.0
we don't have 3.0 yet
that is what I meant, and that is what I interpreted OP's question as.

YakovR
Scratcher
15 posts

I suggest that you add a page about how to find the cosine similarity between two words
SidewaysCoder
Scratcher
100+ posts

This appeared when I logged in to my account while signed out. I don't know what I did to trigger this issue, but I was able to login just fine after. Does anyone know why this would happen?

I know it's one of those things that happens, but I'm genuinely curious.

tron36591
Scratcher
100+ posts

SidewaysCoder wrote:

(#4799)

This appeared when I logged in to my account while signed out. I don't know what I did to trigger this issue, but I was able to login just fine after. Does anyone know why this would happen?

did you try looking it up?

hi, I am tron36591 but you can call me Tron!
I like animating, forums and coding!
(scroll down)

this is what I want to be and a moderator
check out my studious!
I like collabs and scratchy

this guy here is bob he eats evil kumquats
(0_0)
(0_0)
(0_0)
bobcat0701
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SidewaysCoder wrote:

I’ve had the same issue. Although I’m only having it on my phone and iPad not my pc. Are you on a mobile device?

| bobcat0701/Caleb | He/they | Speedrunner | Professional Short Person (5'1") |
| Forumer | Nintendo collector | Bisexual |

| Notebook/The Ramblings of a Mad Man | Photography | Wiki Userpage/Better About Me | Give Me Internets |

Here's an expanded about me I guess:

-Caleb/bobcat0701 He/They
-Bisexual
-Nintendo Collector
-Professional short person
-Speedrunner
-Pasta addict

Some accomplishments;
100 forum posts (January 2021)
500 forum posts (February 2021)
1000 forum posts (February 2022)
Joined TFH (October 2023)
Promoted to TFH manager (December 2023)
Tied for second place in TFH host election (April 2024)

Current primary devices (I have a few more that I collect)
Phone: Blue Titanium iPhone 15 pro
Tablet: Purple iPad mini 6th generation
Computer: Cheap HP laptop thing
Gaming Systems: Wii U deluxe set, Black new 3ds xl, White Nintendo Switch oled
Music player: Pink ipod nano 6th generation

Random personal stuff about myself that isn't above:
Ethnicity and religion:
I'm ethnically Ashkenazi Jewish and italian. In terms of religion I'd consider myself agnostic.

Politics:
I'd consider myself a centrist typically I lean left but I also hold some opinions that could be considered right leaning. Overall I'd say I'm Libertarian.

Knife rant:
Spending lots of money on carving knives has never made sense to me I've used the same $20 Morakniv since 2018 and as long as I sharpen it regularly it is still sharp enough for carving and basically any other task. I'm sure I'm the only person on the forums who cares about any of that but thanks for reading I guess.

If you're down here comment “forumers be like” on my profile

gdxfor
Scratcher
100+ posts

YakovR wrote:

I suggest that you add a page about how to find the cosine similarity between two words
It's a little too specific for an entire article, specially considering I've never heard of it
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YakovR wrote:

This seems too specific to belong on the Scratch Wiki.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
SidewaysCoder
Scratcher
100+ posts

bobcat0701 wrote:

I’ve had the same issue. Although I’m only having it on my phone and iPad not my pc. Are you on a mobile device?
This issue only happened on my phone iirc.
My browser / operating system: iPhone iOS 17.2.1, Safari 17.2, No Flash version detected

Also yes I know there is no Wiki account linked to this username. My Wiki account is not under this username.

-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi. I'm asking to be added to the list of Spanish translators- but I don't want my last name to be included because of safety issues. Is it alright to use the name “Facundo B.”?

Gracias.

Last edited by -Expo (Jan. 9, 2024 21:24:40)

Scroll down / desplazarse hacia abajo | El español está abajo :D | Gib internet

Hello, I'm @-Expo! I'm a veteran Scratcher and member of the Scratch translation team who has been on Scratch ever since I was four (a long time ago!) In real life, I am a proffesional footballer for the Asociación de Fútbol Argentino and Brighton. I'm a huge Huge FC Barcelona Fan and loyal subject to Rosario Central. I use scratch for coding, making friends, and helping people out. I hope you enjoy my projects!

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
Purin2022
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Expo wrote:

Hi. I'm asking to be added to the list of translators- but I don't want my last name to be included because of safety issues. Is it alright to use the name “Facundo B.”?

Gracias.
Done.