Discuss Scratch

yiottfy
Scratcher
15 posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

@jvvg Please I want to write the request notes by my please I have written it without someone helping me

Adeleke
ianyourgod
Scratcher
4 posts

Hi! I am trying to use the scratch oauth hosted on the wiki, but on the last step (the get request with the encoded access token), I'm getting a 500 error. Can anyone help me with this?

Penguinmod developer, svelte enjoyer, backend lover, teenager.
i_forgor_01
Scratcher
8 posts

squirtle_Gray wrote:

We need something that talks about the weird skibidi mario take over
no

<((coding) + (me)) = [funny animations]>
i_forgor_01
Scratcher
8 posts

Melindanjos wrote:

when stop clicked
make this a hat block and add it here on scratch
That would cause a lot of problems. There would be no way to stop the project completely, since every time you try to, it just runs the script.

Last edited by i_forgor_01 (March 25, 2024 16:50:20)

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i_forgor_01 wrote:

Melindanjos wrote:

when stop clicked
That would cause a lot of problems. There would be no way to stop the project completely, since every time you try to, it just runs the script.
Workarounds already exist that as you said, make the project impossible to stop, and they don't cause problems. However, an official way to do this is not in the interest of the scratch team as per “The Official List of Rejected Suggestions”:
1.2 “When stop sign clicked” hat block
This block would allow users to click the stop sign to run a script. However, the stop sign is designed to stop all the scripts in the project. With this block in place, more scripts will start when you want the project to stop, thus defeating the purpose of the stop sign. Regardless, there are workarounds for this block using the timer or ghost effect blocks; these can be found in this post.

This suggestion extends to any block that causes a script to be run as a result of the stop sign being clicked, not just the specific hat block below. For more information, see this post.

New!
jayz33
Scratcher
98 posts

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- wrote:

i_forgor_01 wrote:

Melindanjos wrote:

when stop clicked
Workarounds already exist that as you said, make the project impossible to stop, and they don't cause problems. However, an official way to do this is not in the interest of the scratch team as per “The Official List of Rejected Suggestions”:
1.2 “When stop sign clicked” hat block
This block would allow users to click the stop sign to run a script. However, the stop sign is designed to stop all the scripts in the project. With this block in place, more scripts will start when you want the project to stop, thus defeating the purpose of the stop sign. Regardless, there are workarounds for this block using the timer or ghost effect blocks; these can be found in this post.

This suggestion extends to any block that causes a script to be run as a result of the stop sign being clicked, not just the specific hat block below. For more information, see this post.
WHY DO I ALWAYS FIND YOU EVERYWHERE I GO?????

Last edited by kaj (Yesterday 00:00:00)
jackson2cypher
Scratcher
19 posts

i_forgor_01 wrote:

Can you make an article on Scratch Classmate? I found a file online on one of the MIT websites called this, and I wasn't able to view it. However, I'm sure somebody can download it, and if they can, I want an article explaining the mystery of Scratch Classmate, because the article doesn't exist yet. Thanks!
What is with to your pfp?
Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

I keep getting this error: 503 Service Unavailable

The service you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes.

If this continues, please let us know in the Wiki forum topic.

(Request URI: /w/index.php?title=Scratch_Wiki_talk:Community_Portal&action=submit)

Hello, I like to do coding.
My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

i_forgor_01
Scratcher
8 posts

jackson2cypher wrote:

i_forgor_01 wrote:

Can you make an article on Scratch Classmate? I found a file online on one of the MIT websites called this, and I wasn't able to view it. However, I'm sure somebody can download it, and if they can, I want an article explaining the mystery of Scratch Classmate, because the article doesn't exist yet. Thanks!
What is with to your pfp?
?

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mahdir2111 wrote:

The service you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes.

(Request URI: /w/index.php?title=Scratch_Wiki_talk:Community_Portal&action=submit)
We've been dealing with some server issues. I'm looking into it.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
-MANDOFANCOMICS-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Does anyone know why images on scratch forums aren't working?

I'm working on the deadpool movie, the wiccan comic series, and some one shots.

han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-MANDOFANCOMICS- wrote:

They seem to work for me. Wheee aren’t they working?

<Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper | Almost to 6000 Posts! | Please be aware I may mistype things, my wrist is fractured>

Credit to -gge for the icons in my signature | I condensed all this code into five lines using [p] tags, idk why

-MANDOFANCOMICS-
Scratcher
500+ posts

han614698 wrote:

-MANDOFANCOMICS- wrote:

They seem to work for me. Wheee aren’t they working?
I can't see the images in your or my signature. did scratch make a change, or is my computer just misfunctioning??

I'm working on the deadpool movie, the wiccan comic series, and some one shots.

lilacsonbaby
Scratcher
4 posts

yiottfy wrote:

@jvvg Please I want to write the request notes by my please I have written it without someone helping me

aww thats so bad
lilacsonbaby
Scratcher
4 posts

jvvg wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

We've been dealing with some server issues. I'm looking into it.

mabey in this year it will work
lilacsonbaby
Scratcher
4 posts

guys what are you talking about i litrally don't understand seriously what are you all talking about
Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can I create a subpage of my user page for a studio

Hello, I like to do coding.
My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lilacsonbaby wrote:

guys what are you talking about i litrally don't understand seriously what are you all talking about
Join the wiki, you'll learn there.

God, the server issues are bad. Next thing you'll tell me is that there's a web crawler that ignores the robots file again.

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

GalaxyBoy14169
Scratcher
47 posts

Last Forum now!

Knaginb7438
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi I know I haven't been here for a while but what about if people make unofficial platforms. For example, fitting Scratch Editor into a HTML file. I managed to do this via putting some iframe code (this is different from just putting in the link by the way). So could someone make an article about unofficial platforms for Scratch?

Last edited by Knaginb7438 (March 30, 2024 20:37:10)