Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ⭐️ᔕᕼOᑭ ᑭᗩᖇTᑎEᖇᔕᕼIᑭ ᗩᔕᔕOᑕIᗩTIOᑎ (ᔕᑭᗩ)⭐️[APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW]⭐️ωε’яε вαcк !! тнε вεsт ωαү тσ gяσω үσυя sнσρ ⭐️JOIN NOW⭐️27 member shops⭐️ [RSS Feed]
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

⭐️ᔕᕼOᑭ ᑭᗩᖇTᑎEᖇᔕᕼIᑭ ᗩᔕᔕOᑕIᗩTIOᑎ (ᔕᑭᗩ)⭐️[APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW]⭐️ωε’яε вαcк !! тнε вεsт ωαү тσ gяσω үσυя sнσρ ⭐️JOIN NOW⭐️27 member shops⭐️

And you do not have to rank every single candidate, you can just pick for top x amount of candidates.
IggyAndCassie
Scratcher
500+ posts

⭐️ᔕᕼOᑭ ᑭᗩᖇTᑎEᖇᔕᕼIᑭ ᗩᔕᔕOᑕIᗩTIOᑎ (ᔕᑭᗩ)⭐️[APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW]⭐️ωε’яε вαcк !! тнε вεsт ωαү тσ gяσω үσυя sнσρ ⭐️JOIN NOW⭐️27 member shops⭐️

Can someone please upload the images in this project to cubeupload.

Last edited by IggyAndCassie (May 8, 2018 16:07:26)

VIMAYE01
Scratcher
100+ posts

2 questions. Do i need a secretary and a vice president? 2nd: If so, where can i find one

hi..

doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

How do I run?

Go and join my development group Here. Check out my github here. If you want to help with anything just let me know.
Visit The Everthing Shop for all your scratch needs Also visit my programming class to learn to program in scratch or JavaScript or HTML or CSS!By @chaseman3245
RPP-Exploration
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Carrots said I could vote… can I vote for me?

IggyAndCassie
Scratcher
500+ posts

IggyAndCassie’s Speech

The S.P.A is an organisation that aims to support shops and their members. While it is doing an excellent job of this already, I feel there is always room for improvement and that if I were president, this improvement would be much quicker.
For instance, right now only a select few has the power to propose laws at any time other than near elections. I believe this is not fair and this power should be one that any member of the S.P.A has. Note I say that everyone should be able to propose laws, not pass them as that would practically be the S.P.A’s death sentence.
I also have plans to introduce a new program to ensure shops get new members in departments that need them and that if a S.P.A shop shuts down the members that signed up to the program can find a new S.P.A shop to work at as quickly and efficiently as possible.
I hope that your first vote goes to me.

Vote IggyAndCassie!

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IggyAndCassie, I totally agree with your general plan to more evenly distribute plans for suggesting legislature. I've written up a proposition, “Section 11”, which should help accomplish that. However, it doesn't completely remove that power. I allow any member to vote, though, “passing” (or, more
importantly, not passing) a law. I think that's very important, whereas legislative suggestions are not. This mainly stems from my belief that it's more important to protect freedoms rather than adding restrictions, so people must have the power to prevent a law, but maybe not arbitrary power to propose one.

That said, in my proposition, if three members agree a law should be proposed, then such proposition must occur.

Here's my question for you, and one I encountered when trying to propose this myself, what will be the President's job if this law is passed. Maybe the answer “nothing” is fine, and we should abolish the entire system. But maybe the role of the President could become bumping the thread; or activity checks. I think assigning a President with special powers (for example, in my proposition, they count as three people for the purpose of proposing legislation (but not voting on it)) will incentivize more legislation that will protect the freedoms and increase the efficiency of this Association and its members. Do you agree, and if not – why?
ninjito
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey there! When you add my shop to the list, I have an updated banner

The thing:
[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/298906][img]http://i.cubeupload.com/bmswF8.png[/img][/url]

The banner pic:

heyo
*GETS DESTROYED BY HOLLOW KNIGHT BOSS*
bye
IggyAndCassie
Scratcher
500+ posts

jokebookservice1 wrote:

IggyAndCassie, I totally agree with your general plan to more evenly distribute plans for suggesting legislature. I've written up a proposition, “Section 11”, which should help accomplish that. However, it doesn't completely remove that power. I allow any member to vote, though, “passing” (or, more
importantly, not passing) a law. I think that's very important, whereas legislative suggestions are not. This mainly stems from my belief that it's more important to protect freedoms rather than adding restrictions, so people must have the power to prevent a law, but maybe not arbitrary power to propose one.

That said, in my proposition, if three members agree a law should be proposed, then such proposition must occur.

Here's my question for you, and one I encountered when trying to propose this myself, what will be the President's job if this law is passed. Maybe the answer “nothing” is fine, and we should abolish the entire system. But maybe the role of the President could become bumping the thread; or activity checks. I think assigning a President with special powers (for example, in my proposition, they count as three people for the purpose of proposing legislation (but not voting on it)) will incentivize more legislation that will protect the freedoms and increase the efficiency of this Association and its members. Do you agree, and if not – why?
I agree, laws (I can't spell the word you were using) to protect the freedoms of shops and members is very important, I plan to add in two sections if I'm elected as President, one about the S.P.P (the program mentioned in my speech) and one to protect members of shops, if that's not already covered

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

python_megapixel wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

I STILL don't get alternate voting!!!
Please read this explanation which me and hellounicorns2 made about 20 pages back.
I get it i think.

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
VIMAYE01
Scratcher
100+ posts

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I guess what I'm asking is, allowing everybody to propose laws would defeat the point of a President, and therefore dissolve any responsibility for creating new laws. Will laws continue to be proposed without any particular person assigned to do so. In my proposition (of Section 11), I propose that everybody can propose laws, but for them to be voted upon, two other members have to agree. I think this is important, because it gives the President the special status of being able to skip that process; and therefore encourages them to propose laws (because it's their duty). Do you think this is a risk, too?
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jokebookservice1 wrote:

I guess what I'm asking is, allowing everybody to propose laws would defeat the point of a President, and therefore dissolve any responsibility for creating new laws. Will laws continue to be proposed without any particular person assigned to do so. In my proposition (of Section 11), I propose that everybody can propose laws, but for them to be voted upon, two other members have to agree. I think this is important, because it gives the President the special status of being able to skip that process; and therefore encourages them to propose laws (because it's their duty). Do you think this is a risk, too?
I doubt there is much of a risk. If representatives do not like a proposed law then they can just vote it down. Personally, I think the president should be given some more powers. Since anyone can suggest laws, the position of president is not much more than a figurehead.
EDIT: According to the law, all the president can do is formally propose laws and call early elections.

Last edited by Co49 (May 8, 2018 20:22:06)

XxOwl31xX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi, I'm Owl31. Today, I'm here to announce my campaign for President of the SPA. I have a lot of new programs that will be in force if I am elected President. First of all, I am proposing a new program, The Member Replacement Program. If a SPA member shop is closed down, members of that SPA shop can be put into another SPA member shop or join a NSNP shop. Since NSNP is a SPA program, we should be able to work more effectively with these smaller NSNP shops, or at least stimulate some growth.

To make the SPA more efficient, there should be incentives for inter-shop trade deals. If a shop cannot do an order by itself, maybe another shop can step in and complete the order, if a trade deal is completed. My incentives for trade deals can include extra representatives for your Shop, maybe a highlight of your Shop on the SPA front page or something like that. This is what the SPA is all about, forging connections with other Shops to work with them and make the entire program faster and more efficient for all Shops.

Every single Shop has at least one annoying customer who always pressures employees to get things done. With my new proposal, these customers can be easily managed and taken care of. The Human Resources Program is going to make everyone’s lives easier all the way up the corporate ladder, from new employee to owner. Here’s how it works.

The owner of the Shop manages all of the Heads of Departments – including Human Resources. The Director of Human Resources and the Director of Forward Planning (or Growth, depending on Shop owners’ ideas) take care of the normal Shop members, and make sure that they are not being pressured to complete orders by Shop Management. If shop employees are being pressured to complete orders by a specific customer and the order is already in the works, the Human Resources department will talk to the customer and explain the status of the order. Customers who are subsequently offending the Shop in question can be banned from the Shop, reported to the Scratch Team, and orders from this user will not be taken and completed.

What about large Shops, or “department stores?” When I am President, I will take any and all action that is LAWFULLY POSSIBLE to bring back the artisans that have small Shops and let them grow. No monopoly on the Requests forum is worth the risk of losing the creativity of so many.

I will have a Vice President and a Secretary. Please approach me if you would like to do the responsibility.

Owl

There is a madness to my method · It is one thing to be clever, but another to be wise · Determination is the wake-up call to the human will
✧ Defy monotony ∞ Knowledge is a weapon, and I intend to be formidably armed ∞ We are born to be real, not perfect ∞ Beautiful faces are everywhere, but beautiful minds are hard to find ✧ I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours

MasterOfTheTiger
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I am going to write a speech and prepare stuff (I have a lot written already), but I am finding a VP right now.

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger and Coder_Annika's Shop
sig by @myed - get yours here.

MasterOfTheTiger: Owner of MasterOfTheTiger's Shop Triple S, Shop Helpers, and SH Orders.
MasterOfTheTiger: Worker at GlitterStores, Request Shop, +
MasterOfTheTiger: Devoted to the success of Scratch Shops.

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger's shop - I do banners, logos, thumbnails, coding, intros and more here!

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

jokebookservice1 wrote:

I doubt there is much of a risk. If representatives do not like a proposed law then they can just vote it down. Personally, I think the president should be given some more powers. Since anyone can suggest laws, the position of president is not much more than a figurehead.
EDIT: According to the law, all the president can do is formally propose laws and call early elections.
I would agree to restricting owner's rights and redistributing them to the president and his/her cabinet.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

hellounicorns2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jokebookservice1 wrote:

Banner: http://i.cubeupload.com/ICJobR.jpg

Made with CSS

Slogan: Changing the legislation to actually create a fair system which codifies all of its rules and pushes as much power as possible away from “owners” and towards “judges”; and ensuring a smooth and easy voting system (so votes can be held more often, thus allowing change to occur) with my Section 11 proposition. Read my speech for a more detailed view of what I'll do as President

Aaah sorry way too long to be a real slogan!
Cool!

Co49 wrote:

And you do not have to rank every single candidate, you can just pick for top x amount of candidates.
Yes, but it is recommended that you do all 14 .

VIMAYE01 wrote:

2 questions. Do i need a secretary and a vice president? 2nd: If so, where can i find one
Maybe ask some friends or members if your shop?

doodthedoodthedood wrote:

How do I run?
By saying ‘I want to run!’

RPP-Exploration wrote:

Carrots said I could vote… can I vote for me?
Voting opens on June 1.

IggyAndCassie wrote:

IggyAndCassie’s Speech

Nice! The colour is very pleasing . Note: I removed the colour from this post as for some reason it wasn’t closing.

jokebookservice1 wrote:

I don’t really agree. The main platform for presidents is to do the exciting stuff, like proposing laws. I’ll tell you, doing activity checks is very boring and we basically never need bumps (). I will say that more people being able to propose law could turn into flat out chaos, with laws coming in every direction. A system like that may be suitable for a tiny SPA, but we’re nowhere near ‘tiny’ anymore. Just remember, a small change to laws could change the whole association.

ninjito wrote:

Hey there! When you add my shop to the list, I have an updated banner

The thing:
[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/298906][img]http://i.cubeupload.com/bmswF8.png[/img][/url]

The banner pic:
Ive already added your shop with that banner .

GrahamSH wrote:

I get it i think.
Good.

VIMAYE01 wrote:

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/291107/?page=74#post-3092781 I am done with my speech
About to check it out.

jokebookservice1 wrote:

I beg to disagree. Someone who has lots of followers and friends in the association could simply grab them and tell them to simply allow it to be voted on. However, once it gets to the association’s level, it gets thrown back, but that person can keep proposing more laws during that time.

Co49 wrote:

They can also host activity checks, but I won’t go into that. In my opinion, the president (and their vice and deputy) should be given more powers so they aren’t just a ‘figurehead’ with some small extra powers.

XxOwl31xX wrote:

Hi, I'm Owl31.

-snip-

I will have a Vice President and a Secretary. Please approach me if you would like to do the responsibility.
Great speech ! I will comment on the bit about department stores or ‘megastores’ however. Despite common belief, as an owner of a shop that is very big, I will say that owning a large shop isn’t as easy as it looks. We have to find creative ways to get our staff active (it’s not always easy). And then you have the annoying customers. As owner, I am responsible for unhappy customers. In an ideal world all our customers would be happy but a lot of the time we have customers rushing us. Once, we had a customer who expected their order done in 2 hours. Then, they grumbled and said ‘oh, I’ll be nice and give you 4’. Luckily, as shop owner, I quickly took and completed their order, but it does illustrate that we don’t have an easy job.

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

I am going to write a speech and prepare stuff (I have a lot written already), but I am finding a VP right now.
Ok, sounds good!

jromagnoli wrote:

I would agree to restricting owner's rights and redistributing them to the president and his/her cabinet.
Which rights would you redistribute, though? I would be happy the redistribute keeping the member list updated .

Last edited by hellounicorns2 (May 8, 2018 22:18:01)

inactive :​)
myeducate
Scratcher
500+ posts

Advanced Inactivity Notice/Kinda sad yet exciting IRL stuff
b]I might not be as active during the ends of June and July and especially End of August- September
I probably will still be on my schedule of checking Scratch every day.

It's because of some crazy real life stuff.
I am moving schools to a university academy. Yep. Might sound crazy that a 13-year-old (soon 14 :p) got the chance to go to one of the UK's highest ranking academics for technology to study computing.. might be my estimated GCSE computing grade of 9 (A**) lol.

So anyway, this is going to be a really sad, yet exciting few months as I go through the transition period. It'll be had to start to say farewell to my friends of so many years and put aside all the great relationships I've made.
Also some other stuff sprinkled on top of that( bye HM :'( )

2018 is my year of change - and let it go on

INACTIVE
SPA Member and Assosiate - Creator and overlord of ScratchNetwork - 700+ Forum Posts - Web and Desktop Dev - Fluent in VB, PHP and HTML. I'm okay at CSS and Javascript but am still learning. Sig written in PHP using the picture libary. Firebase is fun.

hellounicorns2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

myeducate wrote:

Advanced Inactivity Notice/Kinda sad yet exciting IRL stuff
b]I might not be as active during the ends of June and July and especially End of August- September
I probably will still be on my schedule of checking Scratch every day.

It's because of some crazy real life stuff.
I am moving schools to a university academy. Yep. Might sound crazy that a 13-year-old (soon 14 :p) got the chance to go to one of the UK's highest ranking academics for technology to study computing.. might be my estimated GCSE computing grade of 9 (A**) lol.

So anyway, this is going to be a really sad, yet exciting few months as I go through the transition period. It'll be had to start to say farewell to my friends of so many years and put aside all the great relationships I've made.
Also some other stuff sprinkled on top of that( bye HM :'( )

2018 is my year of change - and let it go on
Woah, that must be very exciting! Good luck!

inactive :​)
doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

How should I put-this?
if YOU want to me to be your vp, just let me know

Go and join my development group Here. Check out my github here. If you want to help with anything just let me know.
Visit The Everthing Shop for all your scratch needs Also visit my programming class to learn to program in scratch or JavaScript or HTML or CSS!By @chaseman3245
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ⭐️ᔕᕼOᑭ ᑭᗩᖇTᑎEᖇᔕᕼIᑭ ᗩᔕᔕOᑕIᗩTIOᑎ (ᔕᑭᗩ)⭐️[APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW]⭐️ωε’яε вαcк !! тнε вεsт ωαү тσ gяσω үσυя sнσρ ⭐️JOIN NOW⭐️27 member shops⭐️ [RSS Feed]