Discuss Scratch

Auroura_Wolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

✰ ITopic: Complete List of Rejected Suggestions ✰

*ahem* snip it maybe?
Also, bump

My alt account, where I upload nothing (much like my main account)
I play video games and sometimes do other things. I don't really make anything on Scratch anymore, but I'm relatively active on the Undertale and Deltarune forums.
Click this. Or don't.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut 
aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa
qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
;
Smurphy13AWESOME
Scratcher
500+ posts

Auroura_Wolf wrote:

*ahem* snip it maybe?
Also, bump
The thing with spammers is, they don't have patience, they won't wait a minute, it is a pretty affective shield. And if we snip, there will be people waiting, and spamming. It's just the thought of a minute, if it was 50 seconds spammers wouldn't be scared because it doesn't really seem to be important. A minute though, will discourage spammers and block it…
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This looks like a rejection although I'm not sure what for - something to do with garbage collection? Or it might just be for changes in general that make Scratch harder to use.

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ranks above Scratcher are rejected - see jvvg’s topic:
15. Adding a Rank Above Scratcher

DaSpudLord wrote:

Scratch is not a place for people to worry about ranks. The New Scratcher rank only exists to filter spam, and since it only takes 2 weeks to get a promotion, bullying and separation is minimal. Additionally, this would divide the community between those who have a high rank and those who have a low rank, and there would be lots of bragging and bullying coming from users of higher ranks.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Should we add “Editing Comments”? This was rejected by Harakou-
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1939992/

Harakou wrote:

Unfortunately this doesn't make it all that much easier on us, becuase it still requires piecing together context from potentially huge comment chains. It makes the job of actually implementing it all the harder, too.

Comments simply aren't designed as longer thoughts that might need to be edited over time, like forum posts, so the actual need for editing seems to be limited to fixing mistakes and abusing the system. You're limited in space as it is, so adding thoughts via another comment is common as it is - and this reflects what comments are intended to be. If you really are concerned about typos, try reviewing your comment before posting.

–DGC
Scratcher since Aug. 2015 +++ Fire Alarm Enthusiast +++ College student studying fire protection engineering
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bringing back the Discuss button is now rejected:
Paddle2See wrote:
Thank you for all the feedback. The Scratch Team has discussed the proposals but is not planning on putting the Discuss button back in the navigation bar, for the reasons put forth in the original announcement.

For experienced forum users, you may want to make browser bookmarks to help you get to the forum sections you use frequently. Other options include using some of the home-made tools that creative Scratchers have constructed (browser extensions, userscripts, etc.) that can restore the Discuss button to the navigation bar.

To help direct newer Scratchers to the forums, the Scratch Team plans to gradually add links to specific sections of the forums on various Scratch pages where they make sense. The Scratch Team will continue to monitor site usage to see if Scratchers are finding the helpful sections of the forums they need to. You can also help by making Scratch projects and studios to educate other Scratchers about the useful features of the forums and how to find and use them. We'll continue to explore various ways to publicize the forums.

Some of you have expressed concerns about the future of the forums. Right now, the Scratch Team’s development priorities are focused on getting Scratch 3.0 ready. At some point in the future, though, we do want to evaluate what we can do to ensure that the incredibly important and helpful functions that the forums provide are happening in a way that works for both new and veteran Scratchers. We recognize how vital the forums are to many communities, and that they do important things like helping Scratchers with scripts, connecting people around the world with other Scratchers who speak their language, and welcoming new Scratchers to the community. Our goals for the future are to make sure these things keep happening, and that more Scratchers participate in these activities.

“Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.” -Jane Goodall
Smurphy13AWESOME
Scratcher
500+ posts

bigpuppy wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:
Thank you for all the feedback. The Scratch Team has discussed the proposals but is not planning on putting the Discuss button back in the navigation bar, for the reasons put forth in the original announcement.

For experienced forum users, you may want to make browser bookmarks to help you get to the forum sections you use frequently. Other options include using some of the home-made tools that creative Scratchers have constructed (browser extensions, userscripts, etc.) that can restore the Discuss button to the navigation bar.

To help direct newer Scratchers to the forums, the Scratch Team plans to gradually add links to specific sections of the forums on various Scratch pages where they make sense. The Scratch Team will continue to monitor site usage to see if Scratchers are finding the helpful sections of the forums they need to. You can also help by making Scratch projects and studios to educate other Scratchers about the useful features of the forums and how to find and use them. We'll continue to explore various ways to publicize the forums.

Some of you have expressed concerns about the future of the forums. Right now, the Scratch Team’s development priorities are focused on getting Scratch 3.0 ready. At some point in the future, though, we do want to evaluate what we can do to ensure that the incredibly important and helpful functions that the forums provide are happening in a way that works for both new and veteran Scratchers. We recognize how vital the forums are to many communities, and that they do important things like helping Scratchers with scripts, connecting people around the world with other Scratchers who speak their language, and welcoming new Scratchers to the community. Our goals for the future are to make sure these things keep happening, and that more Scratchers participate in these activities.
Okay, everyone. This is a sad day, we-the forum users-have been officially outlawed. Other Scratchers will not know about us, for they have no clue that Scratch has forums. But we must continue to use the forums to show that New Scratchers should know!
walkcycle
Scratcher
500+ posts

78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bigpuppy wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

What the??!???!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!? After all that time, they reject adding the discuss button? At least we have isOnline.

This deserves a support project!

Last edited by 78ch3 (Aug. 2, 2017 20:41:52)

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.
I mostly play Fortnite, Minecraft, Call of Duty and Rainbow 6 Siege

Oh, you won’t see this without a ctrl+shift+down.
People need better thumbnails.
Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
walkcycle
Scratcher
500+ posts

78ch3 wrote:

What does?
Smurphy13AWESOME
Scratcher
500+ posts

walkcycle wrote:

i don't feel like an outlaw
I do, then again, I usually am. But think about it some of us spend a lot of time here, and New Scratchers won't get to be here… I don't know but it seems to me we are trapped knowing and using the forums without others knowing about it and it feels like that that's the easiest way to describe it…
78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

walkcycle wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

What does?
The Discuss Button

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.

Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll be asking Paddle2See if “Removing character limit on comments” is rejected. I'll be making the reason why later

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

I'll be asking Paddle2See if “Removing character limit on comments” is rejected. I'll be making the reason why later
It was removed because people were posting large stories and entire wiki articles. We could at least expand it to 600.

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Removing 500 character comment limit? I asked Paddle2See if it's rejected and he says,

Paddle2See wrote:

Oh, yeah, there would have to be some kind of limit. Who knows what huge blocks of text would get dumped into the servers if the limit were removed

Here's for the explanation;

A limit is a pretty effective way to prevent spam, and the server space would probably be increased greatly without a limit.

for some reason I accidentally swiped “alien” instead of “spam” for a moment. silly phone

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My suggestion was an opacity tool/airbrush in the scratch editor?

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.

duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

girlsruless wrote:

My suggestion was an opacity tool/airbrush in the scratch editor?
Why are you saying this here?

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bigpuppy wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

No we should not.

This is because Scratch Team is finding another place to put quick access to Forums, such as the front page.

Also we even declared that it shouldn't be rejected.

No.

A few internet communication companies want to corrupt the internet by getting rid of net neutrality. Stop Them!
Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Removing Negative Emojis
Despite many users using these negative emojis in an offensive way, emojis were used to show the expression of a user. Besides, removing an emoji from an angry post doesn't really effect the feeling of it.

Doing this is just like forbidding users to type words because users could be able to type the f-word, the c-word, the b-word, and etc. But we already have a filter that detects this.

Removing Suggestions Forum Due To Complaints
Many users complain that Scratch Team rejects and never adds features that are suggested, and never reads any suggestions, even if it has lots of support in it. However, the Scratch Team is to decide whether it would harm the community or not, and make something that isn't against their rules.

(SOURCE)

A few internet communication companies want to corrupt the internet by getting rid of net neutrality. Stop Them!
Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Text Communication With Voice
Some systems allow people to say something, and the system detects the voice and finds out the words the person said, and reports it.

However, this would be a problem on Scratch, because this site is for all ages. Systems for communications might accidentally report any words that you didn't say, and even worse, inappropriate words you didn't say. This could cause flame wars and conflict, even though the user never meant to say these lines.