Discuss Scratch

stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

✰ ITopic: Complete List of Rejected Suggestions ✰

PkmnQ wrote:

This is not a sticky anymore.
It was never a sticky, just an ITopic.

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
dave4681
Scratcher
500+ posts

Do you mind if I suggest to improve the terminology of some?
14. Removing Add Everything Studios
There's nothing wrong with these studios, and they only take up a tiny bit of server space. Simply tell the person inviting you that you do not want to add your projects in.

20. Ignore List (Blocking Users)
Ignore lists only bury the problems rather than solve them. If you have a problem, kindly tell the user about it or report the user.

21. Adding Ranks above Scratcher
The New Scratcher status was only created to filter spam. A rank higher than Scratcher will not benefit anyone, and will only cause division among the community.

Auroura_Wolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

To my knowledge you can bump an ITopic any time, right? You can't necropost on them? Hope so

My alt account, where I upload nothing (much like my main account)
I play video games and sometimes do other things. I don't really make anything on Scratch anymore, but I'm relatively active on the Undertale and Deltarune forums.
Click this. Or don't.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut 
aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa
qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
;
-Vuton-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Auroura_Wolf wrote:

To my knowledge you can bump an ITopic any time, right? You can't necropost on them? Hope so
I think so…
Daring_Sailor
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@customhacker You need to add the “ST should not make political views” one to the rejected suggestions.

Last edited by Daring_Sailor (July 2, 2017 13:19:58)

customhacker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yes… Do you have a link to that, or was that suggested and am I being lazy?

❖ Member of the Forum Helpers ❖ Experienced Wikian ❖
❖ Member of the Wiki Warehouse ❖ Owner of Customhacker's Royal Logo and Banner Shop ❖
❖ Member of Unloved Loves ❖ Former Member of the Services Planning Department ❖
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

customhacker wrote:

Scroll down the list of topics (it lasts for ~4 pages as of now) in the suggestions forum and look at the closed topics.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

customhacker wrote:

Scroll down the list of topics (it lasts for ~4 pages as of now) in the suggestions forum and look at the closed topics.

This is the rejection:

Paddle2See wrote:

Please be aware that, while we value your constructive feedback, we are rejecting all suggestions to formalize what the Scratch Team can and cannot promote / construct / feature / etc. We have run the site successfully for 10 years with our current process and are satisfied with it. We recognize that no approach can appeal to everybody so we will continue to use our best judgement.

Please also be respectful to the moderators by not recreating topics that have been closed as resolved.
I've bolded what they actually rejected.

Also, I'll bump these while I'm here:

stickfiregames wrote:

Adding ranks above Scratcher is rejected now.

Also showing when users are banned still need adding.

bigpuppy wrote:

"No more studio activity messages" is now rejected - basically removing studio activity messages entirely is rejected.

jromagnoli wrote:

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/252830/?page=1#post-2592554 Making topics for every rejected suggestion is rejected.

Last edited by stickfiregames (July 2, 2017 17:35:34)

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

;
walkcycle
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rejected suggestion

26. Front page censorship

Paddle2See wrote:

(…) we are rejecting all suggestions to formalize what the Scratch Team can and cannot promote / construct / feature / etc. We have run the site successfully for 10 years with our current process and are satisfied with it. We recognize that no approach can appeal to everybody so we will continue to use our best judgement.
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

walkcycle wrote:

Rejected suggestion

26. Front page censorship

Paddle2See wrote:

(…) we are rejecting all suggestions to formalize what the Scratch Team can and cannot promote / construct / feature / etc. We have run the site successfully for 10 years with our current process and are satisfied with it. We recognize that no approach can appeal to everybody so we will continue to use our best judgement.
Front page censorship already exists, it's called NFE. The rejection is for something else.

;
Smurphy13AWESOME
Scratcher
500+ posts

I get really annoyed when people complain about the 60 second rule. It means your probably just picking random forums to post on to get your post count up. Or, every once in a while, you're lucky, and find one really quick. If that is the case it means your most likely not posting constructive posts. (See sticky…) I know there are a few fast typers that can type a constructive comment fast enough. But if you are doing what you are supposed to on the forum, this should only happen every once in a while, when you find one really quick and read the original post quickly. But even then it would happen rarely and you wouldn't really complain about it. Therefore, I can conclude that most people that complain about the 60 second rule aren't making constructive posts or are just picking random forums to get their post count up…
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

I get really annoyed when people complain about the 60 second rule. It means your probably just picking random forums to post on to get your post count up. Or, every once in a while, you're lucky, and find one really quick. If that is the case it means your most likely not posting constructive posts. (See sticky…) I know there are a few fast typers that can type a constructive comment fast enough. But if you are doing what you are supposed to on the forum, this should only happen every once in a while, when you find one really quick and read the original post quickly. But even then it would happen rarely and you wouldn't really complain about it. Therefore, I can conclude that most people that complain about the 60 second rule aren't making constructive posts or are just picking random forums to get their post count up…
Most certainly not. Some people have things that the C+P which obviously doesn't take a whole minute. There are also bumps. I only post in Suggestions, and I come across the 60 second rule quite often.

Also, speaking of which, why are you posting this here?

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

Smurphy13AWESOME
Scratcher
500+ posts

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

Most certainly not. Some people have things that the C+P which obviously doesn't take a whole minute. There are also bumps. I only post in Suggestions, and I come across the 60 second rule quite often.

What are you copy and pasting that can apply to posts easily found quickly? Yes, I know what bumps are, but would you rather have to wait a whole minute to bump (because who ever heard of patience?) or have your forums plagued by spam? Also, I posted it here because I thought he could add it…
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

What are you copy and pasting that can apply to posts easily found quickly? Yes, I know what bumps are, but would you rather have to wait a whole minute to bump (because who ever heard of patience?) or have your forums plagued by spam? Also, I posted it here because I thought he could add it…
What do you want to add? Also, you need confirmation from the ST for them to add it. This is a list of what the ST has rejected, not just customhacker's opinion.

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

Smurphy13AWESOME
Scratcher
500+ posts

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

What do you want to add? Also, you need confirmation from the ST for them to add it. This is a list of what the ST has rejected, not just customhacker's opinion.
You know how you sometimes put the quotes next to the opinions? That's where I though it could go, it's not completely an opinion, most of it is fact. The stuff about why you're complaining about the 60 second rule. I know every once in awhile anyone can encounter it, but they wouldn't get that irritated…
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sorry this doesn't explain still. What exactly do you want to be added? Removing the 60/120 second rule is already here.

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

You know how you sometimes put the quotes next to the opinions? That's where I though it could go, it's not completely an opinion, most of it is fact. The stuff about why you're complaining about the 60 second rule. I know every once in awhile anyone can encounter it, but they wouldn't get that irritated…
Every once in a while?
I encounter it at least ten times per active forum day, mostly because I can type fast and answer simple questions extremely quickly. It's really easy to navigate the forums so going around and doing this is not a difficult thing to do.

Smurphy13AWESOME
Scratcher
500+ posts

WolfCat67 wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

Every once in a while?
I encounter it at least ten times per active forum day, mostly because I can type fast and answer simple questions extremely quickly. It's really easy to navigate the forums so going around and doing this is not a difficult thing to do.
Maybe you should try putting a little bit more thought into it, reading the replies as you scroll down to get a better understanding of the topic.
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

Every once in a while?
Maybe you should try putting a little bit more thought into it, reading the replies as you scroll down to get a better understanding of the topic.
I do though. It's just you can't expect me to read 20 pages of replies if there are 20 pages.

Smurphy13AWESOME
Scratcher
500+ posts

WolfCat67 wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

Every once in a while?
I do though. It's just you can't expect me to read 20 pages of replies if there are 20 pages.
Just the first page… and it will help pass a minute, it comes down to, would you rather have the freedom to rush through posts and post quickly, or have some topics completely plagued with spams? It can get annoying in certain circumstances, but it is worth it…