cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You walk to the closet and open it. There are typical supplies in there- q-tips, painkillers, syringes, paper, bandages- what you would expect. But there are a few bottles in the corner of the top shelf that you don’t recognize. Looking up at them, you can see they’re labeled Dedisconol. They emit a smell. A smell you can only describe as bitter. That’s strange. Something about them is familiar.
You flashback to waking up in the dumpster.
It’s hard to tell for sure, but that smell resembles the taste you woke up with.
1 Memory Gained.
This memory is less clear than the others. Fingers enter your mouth. They’re forcing something in. You swallow and black out as a sharp pain digs into your wrist. The taste is incredibly bitter. Your struggle ends there.
You look back up at the closet. There’s nothing else of note inside.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go into the hall.

-Wait for the doctor.

-Take a pill and see what happens.
Turn on the computer
You close the door to the closet and hold down the power button on the computer. It flashes on and you’re presented with a login screen. There’s a list of users, each with a username that seems like it’s made of their first name and the first letter of their last. You see SusanN, AudreyS, JonathanQ… and AustinP. You tap on it and it asks you to enter a password to get into the system. You don’t know the password… or do you?
Now, you’re presented with many choices. And you remember something you saw.
The question is left up to you- what do you try?

-Enter _____.

-Turn off the computer and sit down

-Turn off the computer and go into the hallway.
Enter _____
You enter 5 underscores.
An incorrect password notification pops up on the screen.
Time may be running out, but you can try a few more..

-Try something else (Specify what it is)

-Turn off the computer and sit down.

-Turn off the computer and go into the hallway.
(wait rip i was supposed to enter a password lol…)
Examine?? (maybe there's a clue to the password)
The room remains how you left it. The closet with the mysterious pills is closed. The bed is unmoving. The outside doesn’t seem any different from the last time you looked. It’s strange, but something tells you you already know the password- and not from a memory. It’s like the password is a key to a door, and you found a key before. Maybe they match. But where have you seen a code?
Confusion brews for a second. A noise startles you out of your examination.
“Hello! I’m doct-“ The doctor steps into the room. “What are you doing?”
It’s too late. Now you have a choice.

-Sit down, Turn off the computer, and accept your fate.

-Enter a new password so you’ll know if it works.

-Flee the room into the hallway.
Sit down.
You turn off the computer and sit down on the bed like you were supposed to. The doctor hurriedly logs into his computer and checks around. “What did you do?” He says frantically. You deny doing anything but trying to get in.
“Alright. Please don’t touch anything that’s property of the hospital. Anyways… what seems to be the problem?”
You tell him the truth.
“Doctor, I don’t know who I am. I woke up outside of Henry’s burgers in the dumpster. Everything I remember is too small to count for anything.”
“This sounds like something the psychiatric hospital should deal with, not us.”
“Can’t you do a scan?”
The doctor pauses for a second and thinks. After a bit, he looks back up at you. “Come with me,” He says, grabbing you by the arm and opening the door. He pulls you out into the hallway and you get a chance to look around. On one side is a blue-rimmed door and on the other is red-rimmed door. Could it be the one for your memory?
You don’t have much time to look as the doctor pulls you away, towards the blue door.

-Fight away from him and run for the red.

-Go with him through the blue.

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writings and Ravings of a Lunatic (me!) ^m^

cs156175 wrote:

You turn off the computer and sit down on the bed like you were supposed to. The doctor hurriedly logs into his computer and checks around. “What did you do?” He says frantically. You deny doing anything but trying to get in.
“Alright. Please don’t touch anything that’s property of the hospital. Anyways… what seems to be the problem?”
You tell him the truth.
“Doctor, I don’t know who I am. I woke up outside of Henry’s burgers in the dumpster. Everything I remember is too small to count for anything.”
“Can’t you do a scan?”
The doctor pauses for a second and thinks. After a bit, he looks back up at you. “Come with me,” He says, grabbing you by the arm and opening the door. He pulls you out into the hallway and you get a chance to look around. On one side is a blue-rimmed door and on the other is red-rimmed door. Could it be the one for your memory?
You don’t have much time to look as the doctor pulls you away, towards the blue door.

Examine

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine
The hall is definitely the same one from your memories. Several people sit at their computers in the center. One wall has many doors along it, each one leading to a small room, presumably. The other side has special purpose doors leading to X-ray rooms and MRI scanners. At the end of the hall on one side is the red door from your memory, the one you were called behind, and at the other side is the blue door. You don’t know what the blue door leads to, but you’re going to find out if you don’t make a move soon.
Your examination takes up time and soon enough the blue door opens. Inside of the room is a full-body scanner and a box of electrodes. They record brain activity, you think. The doctor, Dr. Gerald Handem by his name tag, indicates that you should lay down in the scanner. He prepares a syringe and watches you to see if you’ll follow the instruction.

-Lay down in the scanner.

-Run for it through the door.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine
The hall is definitely the same one from your memories. Several people sit at their computers in the center. One wall has many doors along it, each one leading to a small room, presumably. The other side has special purpose doors leading to X-ray rooms and MRI scanners. At the end of the hall on one side is the red door from your memory, the one you were called behind, and at the other side is the blue door. You don’t know what the blue door leads to, but you’re going to find out if you don’t make a move soon.
Your examination takes up time and soon enough the blue door opens. Inside of the room is a full-body scanner and a box of electrodes. They record brain activity, you think. The doctor, Dr. Gerald Handem by his name tag, indicates that you should lay down in the scanner. He prepares a syringe and watches you to see if you’ll follow the instruction.

Run for it.
I feel like we've been playing it kinda safe so far, so I'm curious to see what happens if I rebel
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine

Run for it.
I feel like we've been playing it kinda safe so far, so I'm curious to see what happens if I rebel
The last thing you hear from the doctor is a loud ‘wait!’ Before you’re out. You dash to the red door and push it open, slamming it behind you. This place is just as familiar, but it’s completely different.
Above the doorway a sign reads ‘Halville Government Experimentation Wing’. The sign on the door, one you didn’t notice before, reads ‘Staff Only’. So you’re in a place where only staff are allowed. You turn to the sign next to you.
Chemistry Wing- Left
Administrative Offices- Left
Bathrooms- Left
Janitor- Left
Laboratory- Ahead
Break Room- Ahead
IT- Ahead
Computer Room- Ahead
Cafe- Right
Experimentation Room (Total Clearance Staff Only)- Right
Fire Exit- Right
Basement Exit- Right
You hear footsteps from behind the door. Thankfully, they are somewhat slow- The doctor isn’t the fastest person in the hospital. You have to make a decision, but are you well informed enough?
-Left

-Right

-Ahead

Last edited by cs156175 (June 15, 2018 19:43:03)

Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine

Run for it.
The last thing you hear from the doctor is a loud ‘wait!’ Before you’re out. You dash to the red door and push it open, slamming it behind you. This place is just as familiar, but it’s completely different.
Above the doorway a sign reads ‘Halville Government Experimentation Wing’. The sign on the door, one you didn’t notice before, reads ‘Staff Only’. So you’re in a place where only staff are allowed. You turn to the sign next to you.
Chemistry Wing- Left
Bathrooms- Left
Janitor- Left
Laboratory- Ahead
Break Room- Ahead
IT- Ahead
Computer Room- Ahead
Cafe- Right
Fire Exit- Right
Basement Exit- Right
You hear footsteps from behind the door. Thankfully, they are somewhat slow- The doctor isn’t the fastest person in the hospital. You have to make a decision, but are you well informed enough?
-Left

-Right

-Ahead
Right

Smug scottish ego
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine

Run for it.
Chemistry Wing- Left
Bathrooms- Left
Janitor- Left
Laboratory- Ahead
Break Room- Ahead
IT- Ahead
Computer Room- Ahead
Cafe- Right
Fire Exit- Right
Basement Exit- Right
-Left

-Right

-Ahead
Right
You turn the corner quickly and arrive in a hallway. To your left is an open cafe selling sandwiches in plastic containers and bags of chips. The person at the counter waves at you. “Austin!” He says, and you wave back out of societal obligation. To the left ahead of you and to the right are two doors, both marked ‘exit’ with little symbols next to their names of fire and of stairs. Finally, ahead of you is a large steel door, fingerprint-scanner protected, with a a large sign on it.
The footsteps are quieter, which means the doctor is farther behind.
Note: Examine is an option at any time
-Buy something at the cafe.

-Go to the fire exit.

-Go to the basement exit.

-Try to open the big door.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine

Run for it.
Chemistry Wing- Left
Bathrooms- Left
Janitor- Left
Laboratory- Ahead
Break Room- Ahead
IT- Ahead
Computer Room- Ahead
Cafe- Right
Fire Exit- Right
Basement Exit- Right
-Left

-Right

-Ahead
Right
You turn the corner quickly and arrive in a hallway. To your left is an open cafe selling sandwiches in plastic containers and bags of chips. The person at the counter waves at you. “Austin!” He says, and you wave back out of societal obligation. To the left ahead of you and to the right are two doors, both marked ‘exit’ with little symbols next to their names of fire and of stairs. Finally, ahead of you is a large steel door, fingerprint-scanner protected, with a a large sign on it.

-Go to the fire exit.

Try to open the big door
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine

Run for it.
Chemistry Wing- Left
Bathrooms- Left
Janitor- Left
Laboratory- Ahead
Break Room- Ahead
IT- Ahead
Computer Room- Ahead
Cafe- Right
Fire Exit- Right
Basement Exit- Right
-Left

-Right

-Ahead
Right

-Go to the fire exit.

Try to open the big door
You first try pushing on the door, then pulling. Nothing works. But the finger pad still remains.
It may be a last chance effort, but you put your finger up to it. A green light passes over it, then a red. Finally, it beeps 3 times.
DETECTED: Austin Pancern. Report to room 27. Failure to do so will result in a fine of 1000 dollars minimum.
Slowly, the doors slide open. The only thing you see at first is a sign. It has numbers 1-25 and an arrow pointing left, and numbers 25-50 with an arrow pointing right. You hear footsteps approaching behind you, but the doors have begun to close. You see them come into view but the door slides shut behind you. Banging and several error beeps come from outside. They aren’t getting in.
Now, where to go?

-Left

-Right

Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine

Run for it.
Chemistry Wing- Left
Bathrooms- Left
Janitor- Left
Laboratory- Ahead
Break Room- Ahead
IT- Ahead
Computer Room- Ahead
Cafe- Right
Fire Exit- Right
Basement Exit- Right
-Left

-Right

-Ahead
Right

-Go to the fire exit.

Try to open the big door
You first try pushing on the door, then pulling. Nothing works. But the finger pad still remains.
It may be a last chance effort, but you put your finger up to it. A green light passes over it, then a red. Finally, it beeps 3 times.
DETECTED: Austin Pancern. Report to room 27. Failure to do so will result in a fine of 1000 dollars minimum.
Slowly, the doors slide open. The only thing you see at first is a sign. It has numbers 1-25 and an arrow pointing left, and numbers 25-50 with an arrow pointing right. You hear footsteps approaching behind you, but the doors have begun to close. You see them come into view but the door slides shut behind you. Banging and several error beeps come from outside. They aren’t getting in.
Now, where to go?

-Left

-Right
Right

Smug scottish ego
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine

Run for it.
Chemistry Wing- Left
Bathrooms- Left
Janitor- Left
Laboratory- Ahead
Break Room- Ahead
IT- Ahead
Computer Room- Ahead
Cafe- Right
Fire Exit- Right
Basement Exit- Right
-Left

-Right

-Ahead
Right

-Go to the fire exit.

Try to open the big door
Now, where to go?

-Left

-Right
Right
You go right. Inside the right hallway there aren’t any windows into experiment rooms. Instead, there are many more metal doors, each with their own scanners. Weirdly, each door has a symbol above it… they could have significance. There aren’t any open doors. This is high-security, obviously. The rooms aren’t numbered, which is also strange, because how would you know otherwise which room to go to? Turning around, two of them are labeled, 1 on the left and 2 on the right, but the rest seem up to the person to count. You can’t hear anything going on inside. For now, it’s quiet. Your mind floats back to the symbols.
-Pick a random door.

-Try to count.

Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine

Run for it.
Chemistry Wing- Left
Bathrooms- Left
Janitor- Left
Laboratory- Ahead
Break Room- Ahead
IT- Ahead
Computer Room- Ahead
Cafe- Right
Fire Exit- Right
Basement Exit- Right
-Left

-Right

-Ahead
Right

-Go to the fire exit.

Try to open the big door
Now, where to go?

-Left

-Right
Right
You go right. Inside the right hallway there aren’t any windows into experiment rooms. Instead, there are many more metal doors, each with their own scanners. Weirdly, each door has a symbol above it… they could have significance. There aren’t any open doors. This is high-security, obviously. The rooms aren’t numbered, which is also strange, because how would you know otherwise which room to go to? Turning around, two of them are labeled, 1 on the left and 2 on the right, but the rest seem up to the person to count. You can’t hear anything going on inside. For now, it’s quiet. Your mind floats back to the symbols.
-Pick a random door.

-Try to count.
Count I'm gonna get us killed aren't I

Smug scottish ego
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You tell him the truth.
“Can’t you do a scan?”

Examine

Run for it.
Chemistry Wing- Left
Bathrooms- Left
Janitor- Left
Laboratory- Ahead
Break Room- Ahead
IT- Ahead
Computer Room- Ahead
Cafe- Right
Fire Exit- Right
Basement Exit- Right
-Left

-Right

-Ahead
Right

-Go to the fire exit.

Try to open the big door
Now, where to go?

-Left

-Right
Right
-Pick a random door.

-Try to count.
Count I'm gonna get us killed aren't I
You start to count, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Are there even 50 rooms? You pause to start over, but the footsteps behind you get loud. You attempt to count one last time, but you lose footing as a security guard tackles you. He attempts to restrain you, but you back up against a wall, causing a loud slam noise to vibrate through the walls. It happens again, and again. You almost lose consciousness.
Almost…
Maybe, if you try, you can stay awake…

Everything is dark. The air around you is cold. Your back hurts again, but you still have the memories from the present. Slowly, you sit up. You’re at a desk. An officer sits in front of you.
“You’re awake,” He says, turning on a dim light. “We have some questions to ask you. Your friend Susan told us about what’s been happening. First of all, let’s try to jog your memory the easy way.”
He slides a photo of you, a woman, and a young girl towards you on the desk. You’re wearing a T-Shirt and look a lot younger and less tired than you feel. The first thing that’s noticeable is that you don’t have the tattoo- Normal, because everyone was pointing it out.
“Is this you?” Says the officer.
Assuming it is, you nod. He pulls the image back and substitutes another one. This one is you in a lab coat, with Susan on one of your sides and a guy you don’t know on the other. “Do you recognize this?” He asks.
You start to shake your head but stop. Was this the lab coat memory?
“Maybe.” you answer.
Finally, the officer pulls both photos away. “When we started, there was lots of Dedisconol in your system. Its damage can only be reversed by bringing back memories slowly. Do you remember how it got in there?”
You question things. It was forced into your mouth. But you don’t know how. It’s safer to answer no, and so you do.
The officer nods. Suddenly, his phone rings. He answers it, says yes a few times, and puts it down.
“You’ve been selected for house placement therapy.” He says, standing up and grabbing one of your hands, which you now realize is handcuffed to the other. “Time to go.”

-Follow willingly.

-Struggle to try to get away.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

You start to count, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Are there even 50 rooms? You pause to start over, but the footsteps behind you get loud. You attempt to count one last time, but you lose footing as a security guard tackles you. He attempts to restrain you, but you back up against a wall, causing a loud slam noise to vibrate through the walls. It happens again, and again. You almost lose consciousness.
Almost…

Everything is dark. The air around you is cold. Your back hurts again, but you still have the memories from the present. Slowly, you sit up. You’re at a desk. An officer sits in front of you.
“You’re awake,” He says, turning on a dim light. “We have some questions to ask you. Your friend Susan told us about what’s been happening. First of all, let’s try to jog your memory the easy way.”
He slides a photo of you, a woman, and a young girl towards you on the desk. You’re wearing a T-Shirt and look a lot younger and less tired than you feel. The first thing that’s noticeable is that you don’t have the tattoo- Normal, because everyone was pointing it out.
Assuming it is, you nod. He pulls the image back and substitutes another one. This one is you in a lab coat, with Susan on one of your sides and a guy you don’t know on the other. “Do you recognize this?” He asks.
“Maybe.” you answer.
Finally, the officer pulls both photos away. “When we started, there was lots of Dedisconol in your system. Its damage can only be reversed by bringing back memories slowly. Do you remember how it got in there?”
You question things. It was forced into your mouth. But you don’t know how. It’s safer to answer no, and so you do.
The officer nods. Suddenly, his phone rings. He answers it, says yes a few times, and puts it down.
“You’ve been selected for house placement therapy.” He says, standing up and grabbing one of your hands, which you now realize is handcuffed to the other. “Time to go.”

-Follow willingly.

Follow willingly.
Well, being rebellious didn't quite work out, did it.
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sort of off-topic from what's going on here right now, but this is the lunatic topic, we do whatever lunacy we want (and is allowed on scratch)

(yes i've posted this on another topic because i want as much feedback as i can get)
so i have a favor to ask of yalls
i drew someone recently, and here's a closeup of their eyes:

i have two questions for yalls:
- how old do they look?
- what gender do they look like?

thanks people
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

sort of off-topic from what's going on here right now, but this is the lunatic topic, we do whatever lunacy we want (and is allowed on scratch)

(yes i've posted this on another topic because i want as much feedback as i can get)
so i have a favor to ask of yalls
i drew someone recently, and here's a closeup of their eyes:

i have two questions for yalls:
- how old do they look?
- what gender do they look like?

thanks people
I'd say that's a male around 30

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Almost…

“Maybe.” you answer.

-Follow willingly.

Follow willingly.
The policeman takes you outside and sits you down in a police car with several guards next to it. You pull out and you see the police station slowly going out of view.
It’s hard to keep track of twists and turns. You feel a bit nauseous- There’s no way to know where in town you’re going. You pass by Henry’s burgers on the way, and several other places you barely remember. You find you’ve forgotten your last name again. Austin P something. Austin Pansen? Something similar to that.
You almost drift asleep, and go through your memories. What order would they go in?
But it’s almost too late, because you feel the car stop. It’s outside of a normal house, a standard build. You’re called to stand outside of it.

-Run away.

-Go ring the doorbell.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Almost…

“Maybe.” you answer.

-Follow willingly.

Follow willingly.
The policeman takes you outside and sits you down in a police car with several guards next to it. You pull out and you see the police station slowly going out of view.
It’s hard to keep track of twists and turns. You feel a bit nauseous- There’s no way to know where in town you’re going. You pass by Henry’s burgers on the way, and several other places you barely remember. You find you’ve forgotten your last name again. Austin P something. Austin Pansen? Something similar to that.
You almost drift asleep, and go through your memories. What order would they go in?
But it’s almost too late, because you feel the car stop. It’s outside of a normal house, a standard build. You’re called to stand outside of it.

-Run away.

-Go ring the doorbell.
Ring the doorbell
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Almost…

“Maybe.” you answer.

-Follow willingly.

Follow willingly.

-Run away.

-Go ring the doorbell.
Ring the doorbell
Seemingly having no choice, you walk up to the red door. Is the woman you saw in the image going to open it? What about the little girl you assume is your daughter? Have they been waiting to see you? Do they even know you’re here? Maybe all your memories will come back when you see them, and maybe this will all seem like a bad dream when this is all over. Maybe you’ll be able to look back on this day with your grandkids and laugh about it. But what if you can never go back? What if this doesn’t work?
No point in delaying it any longer. You press the doorbell.
It’s only about 15 seconds, but it’s the longest 15 seconds of your life. You start to wonder if anything will happen, if anyone will answer. This is your moment. Who will it be?
Slowly, the door opens, and you hear a voice say “Hello?”
But it isn’t the voice of a woman or of a child. It’s the voice of a man who looks almost exactly like you.
Scratch that, he looks exactly like you.
He’s wearing the T-Shirt you saw in the image. He has no tattoo on his shoulder. You see his face twist- first into confusion, then into anger.
“Who allowed you to bring him back?” He yells at the police officer.
The police officer steps back. He doesn’t know what’s going on either. Everything seems frantic now.
“They told me he’d been disposed of!”
Blood rushes through your head fast. Fight, flight or freeze response kicks into full gear.

-Freeze and find out what’s going on.

-Run into the house.

-Run away as fast as possible.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Almost…

“Maybe.” you answer.

-Follow willingly.

Follow willingly.

-Run away.

-Go ring the doorbell.
Ring the doorbell
Seemingly having no choice, you walk up to the red door. Is the woman you saw in the image going to open it? What about the little girl you assume is your daughter? Have they been waiting to see you? Do they even know you’re here? Maybe all your memories will come back when you see them, and maybe this will all seem like a bad dream when this is all over. Maybe you’ll be able to look back on this day with your grandkids and laugh about it. But what if you can never go back? What if this doesn’t work?
No point in delaying it any longer. You press the doorbell.
It’s only about 15 seconds, but it’s the longest 15 seconds of your life. You start to wonder if anything will happen, if anyone will answer. This is your moment. Who will it be?
Slowly, the door opens, and you hear a voice say “Hello?”
But it isn’t the voice of a woman or of a child. It’s the voice of a man who looks almost exactly like you.
Scratch that, he looks exactly like you.
He’s wearing the T-Shirt you saw in the image. He has no tattoo on his shoulder. You see his face twist- first into confusion, then into anger.
“Who allowed you to bring him back?” He yells at the police officer.
The police officer steps back. He doesn’t know what’s going on either. Everything seems frantic now.
“They told me he’d been disposed of!”
Blood rushes through your head fast. Fight, flight or freeze response kicks into full gear.

-Freeze and find out what’s going on.

-Run into the house.

-Run away as fast as possible.
Freeze, because I want to know what's going on.
Am I a clone?