Discuss Scratch

cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writings and Ravings of a Lunatic (me!) ^m^

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

People are pulling out of the parking lot. Strangely, Susan is still in her car, talking to someone on the phone. Nate wears the standard Henry’s burgers uniform, as do all of the other servers. There’s a door to the back where the kitchen and maintenance rooms are. There are 3 cameras, for security purposes most likely. Your tattoo is still there.

-Follow Susan in her car.

-Ask Nate some more questions.

-Go somewhere else to look.
Follow Susan in her car
You go out to see where Susan’s going, leaving a confused Nate behind in the store. Susan doesn’t seem to be any closer to leaving the parking lot. You probabaly know her, as you know from the memory, so you could fake remembering things and get a ride to wherever you wanted. You could tell her you don’t have memories and ask her questions- maybe she would know more than Nate. Or you could just wait and follow her car when she leaves. Even otherwise, you could ask her where she’s going and go there on the bus later. You have a lot of options. She puts her phone down. If you want to make a move, now is your chance.

-Fake remembering things and go to where you want in her car.

-Tell her the truth and see what happens.

-Follow her car.

-Ask her where she’s going.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

People are pulling out of the parking lot. Strangely, Susan is still in her car, talking to someone on the phone. Nate wears the standard Henry’s burgers uniform, as do all of the other servers. There’s a door to the back where the kitchen and maintenance rooms are. There are 3 cameras, for security purposes most likely. Your tattoo is still there.

Follow Susan in her car
You go out to see where Susan’s going, leaving a confused Nate behind in the store. Susan doesn’t seem to be any closer to leaving the parking lot. You probabaly know her, as you know from the memory, so you could fake remembering things and get a ride to wherever you wanted. You could tell her you don’t have memories and ask her questions- maybe she would know more than Nate. Or you could just wait and follow her car when she leaves. Even otherwise, you could ask her where she’s going and go there on the bus later. You have a lot of options. She puts her phone down. If you want to make a move, now is your chance.

-Follow her car.

Tell her the truth.
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Follow Susan in her car

-Follow her car.

Tell her the truth.
You run up to the car from the sidewalk.
“Susan, wait!”
The engine has started, but Susan keeps the car where it is so you can approach her. She opens the door as you approach and smiles, waving hello to you. “Austin! It’s great to see you here.” She says, turning off the car. “Funny we should meet up so soon after splitting apart, right?”
Splitting apart? Has she seen you earlier today? That means you couldn’t have been in the dumpster for very long. Or maybe ‘soon’ refers to a different period of time. Either way, she looks happy to see you. It almost makes you not want to go through with telling her the truth…
But it’s not enough.
As you try to think of the words to say, she looks at your shoulder. “I like the tattoo,” she says happily. “When did you get it?”
You sigh.
“I don’t know. I can’t remember anything.”
“What happened?”
“I woke up in a dumpster outside of here with no memories. I can’t even remember my last name.”
She blinks.
“Are you messing with me? Is this serious?”
“Yes. I have no memories.”
“No joke?”
“No. Susan, could you tell me ab-“
Without warning, Susan grabs you by the hand and pulls you into the seat beside her. She presses a button and the doors close. “We’re going to the hospital,” she says. Before you can object, she hits the gas and you back out of the parking lot.

-Object to it and ask her to take you somewhere else.

-Play it off like you were joking.

-Take physical action.

-Go to the hospital with her.

Last edited by cs156175 (June 13, 2018 19:24:22)

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

“Susan, wait!”
The engine has started, but Susan keeps the car where it is so you can approach her. She opens the door as you approach and smiles, waving hello to you. “Austin! It’s great to see you here.” She says, turning off the car. “Funny we should meet up so soon after splitting apart, right?”
Splitting apart? Has she seen you earlier today? That means you couldn’t have been in the dumpster for very long. Or maybe ‘soon’ refers to a different period of time. Either way, she looks happy to see you. It almost makes you not want to go through with telling her the truth…
But it’s not enough.
As you try to think of the words to say, she looks at your shoulder. “I like the tattoo,” she says happily. “When did you get it?”
You sigh.
“What happened?”
“I woke up in a dumpster outside of here with no memories. I can’t even remember my last name.”
She blinks.
“No joke?”
Without warning, Susan grabs you by the hand and pulls you into the seat beside her. She presses a button and the doors close. “We’re going to the hospital,” she says. Before you can object, she hits the gas and you back out of the parking lot.

-Take physical action.

go to the hospital with her (also can we examine as well as take an action? If so I'd like to do that)

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

“Susan, wait!”
But it’s not enough.
You sigh.
“What happened?”
She blinks.
“No joke?”

-Take physical action.

go to the hospital with her (also can we examine as well as take an action? If so I'd like to do that)
(Originally examine was going to be an action that does one of 4 things:
-Gives you new options
-Gives you information about where you should go
-Spends some time, thus taking away an option. Ie if you examine when Susan is in the parking lot you can’t get into her car because it’ll go away in the time you’re examining it, and examining while the waiter is there will cause a delay because he leaves while you’re looking
-Does nothing in some cases
So you can in this case because you made that choice, but you can’t always)
You look around. The car has 4 doors, none of which are unopenable. There’s also an opening that allows you to get into the trunk and open it from the inside. There’s enough space between the two seats that you could climb out if you wanted to. But you aren’t going to because you’re going to the hospital. The seats are light brown and there’s a glovebox with a label saying it contains an airbag. Susan’s two bags are on the seats in the back, which look like they can fold down. Your own seat has a lever that can push it up or down. The windshield has wipers and there’s a blackout screen for hot days sitting rolled up in the trunk.
You turn around, snapping out of your examination, and find that you’re almost parked at the hospital. Susan must have been going above speed limit to get here so fast. Before you know it, the door is open and you’re pulled out into the parking lot. Susan, careful not to let go of your arm, climbs out over your seat. As she slides her hand down, you remember the red marks on your wrist, which were starting to heal but now are sore again.

-Yell to get someone to help you.

-Struggle physically.

-Go in with her.

Last edited by cs156175 (June 13, 2018 19:47:55)

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

-Gives you new options
-Spends some time, thus taking away an option. Ie if you examine when Susan is in the parking lot you can’t get into her car because it’ll go away in the time you’re examining it, and examining while the waiter is there will cause a delay because he leaves while you’re looking
You look around. The car has 4 doors, none of which are unopenable. There’s also an opening that allows you to get into the trunk and open it from the inside. There’s enough space between the two seats that you could climb out if you wanted to. But you aren’t going to because you’re going to the hospital. The seats are light brown and there’s a glovebox with a label saying it contains an airbag. Susan’s two bags are on the seats in the back, which look like they can fold down. Your own seat has a lever that can push it up or down. The windshield has wipers and there’s a blackout screen for hot days sitting rolled up in the trunk.
You turn around, snapping out of your examination, and find that you’re almost parked at the hospital. Susan must have been going above speed limit to get here so fast. Before you know it, the door is open and you’re pulled out into the parking lot. Susan, careful not to let go of your arm, climbs out over your seat. As she slides her hand down, you remember the red marks on your wrist, which were starting to heal but now are sore again.

-Struggle physically.

-Go in with her.
Go in with her

Last edited by TheRealNetherBefore (June 14, 2018 06:07:26)

*Drinks ketchup*
G'thorpax the Unspoken
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

-Gives you new options

-Struggle physically.

-Go in with her.
Go in with her
She pulls you in and sits you down in a chair in the waiting room. At the desk, she appears to be talking to a receptionist. She pulls out a card and holds it up. Instantly, the receptionist nods and comes out from behind the desk, walking over to you and grabbing your arm. Somewhat tired, you go with her. Instead of the typical door you see many others going into, you are taken to a door marked ‘Urgent Clearance Section’.
Inside, Susan opens a door and sits you down on a bed. She leaves, closing the door behind her. Something is familiar about this place. This entire hospital, actually. You look around, trying to remember what it could be.
1 Memory Gained!
Slowly, a memory comes back. You stand in a doorway with a red border around it, looking down a hallway with several rooms on the side. People are being wheeled back and forth through them. Someone beckons you from behind and you follow.
Back in the present, no one has come to your room yet. You could go and make a run for it. But something tells you you shouldn’t, that it’s too dangerous out there. Maybe you should stay and wait for help. Will they even be able to help?
You look around at the empty room.
-Go out into the hallway.

-Stay here and wait.

-Make a run for it and leave the hospital.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

-Gives you new options

-Struggle physically.

-Go in with her.
Go in with her
She pulls you in and sits you down in a chair in the waiting room. At the desk, she appears to be talking to a receptionist. She pulls out a card and holds it up. Instantly, the receptionist nods and comes out from behind the desk, walking over to you and grabbing your arm. Somewhat tired, you go with her. Instead of the typical door you see many others going into, you are taken to a door marked ‘Urgent Clearance Section’.
Inside, Susan opens a door and sits you down on a bed. She leaves, closing the door behind her. Something is familiar about this place. This entire hospital, actually. You look around, trying to remember what it could be.
1 Memory Gained!
Slowly, a memory comes back. You stand in a doorway with a red border around it, looking down a hallway with several rooms on the side. People are being wheeled back and forth through them. Someone beckons you from behind and you follow.
Back in the present, no one has come to your room yet. You could go and make a run for it. But something tells you you shouldn’t, that it’s too dangerous out there. Maybe you should stay and wait for help. Will they even be able to help?

-Stay here and wait.

Examine
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

-Gives you new options

-Struggle physically.

-Go in with her.
Go in with her
1 Memory Gained!

-Stay here and wait.

Examine
The room is a standard doctors’ office. There’s a poster of the human body of the wall, several containers of bandages, and several tools for checking vitals hanging in the wall. The computer, which is off, is labeled ‘property of the Haville Government Hospital’. So this isn’t a normal hospital, is it?
Outside of the door is a desk where several people on their computers sit. You can see a blue door right across from you, but the hallway is long and there are two doors on either end, you remember. There’s a clock showing that it’s about noon.
If the memory serves you correctly, the hallway outside could be a match for the one you were in when you were called back. But you would have to go outside to check for sure, and that’s risky because someone might see you. The computer could let you look some stuff up, but there’s no garuntee you’ll be able to get on. Maybe you could look in the closet- it doesn’t appear to be locked, but what interesting things would you possibly find in there?

-Wait until the doctor comes.

-Open the closet.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go out into the hall.

EDIT: In case anyone’s wondering, there is a solution! If anyone wants to guess as we gain more information, feel free to. I won’t reply to them or give any hints, but I’m curious if it eventually starts being guessable without the story continuing.

Last edited by cs156175 (June 14, 2018 23:44:57)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

-Gives you new options

-Struggle physically.

-Go in with her.
Go in with her
1 Memory Gained!

-Stay here and wait.

Examine
The room is a standard doctors’ office. There’s a poster of the human body of the wall, several containers of bandages, and several tools for checking vitals hanging in the wall. The computer, which is off, is labeled ‘property of the Haville Government Hospital’. So this isn’t a normal hospital, is it?
Outside of the door is a desk where several people on their computers sit. You can see a blue door right across from you, but the hallway is long and there are two doors on either end, you remember. There’s a clock showing that it’s about noon.
If the memory serves you correctly, the hallway outside could be a match for the one you were in when you were called back. But you would have to go outside to check for sure, and that’s risky because someone might see you. The computer could let you look some stuff up, but there’s no garuntee you’ll be able to get on. Maybe you could look in the closet- it doesn’t appear to be locked, but what interesting things would you possibly find in there?

-Open the closet.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go out into the hall.

EDIT: In case anyone’s wondering, there is a solution! If anyone wants to guess as we gain more information, feel free to. I won’t reply to them or give any hints, but I’m curious if it eventually starts being guessable without the story continuing.
Open the closet.

A solution to what?

also, 100 PAGES YEE
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

-Gives you new options

-Struggle physically.

-Go in with her.
Go in with her
1 Memory Gained!

-Stay here and wait.

Examine

-Open the closet.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go out into the hall.

Open the closet.

A solution to what?

also, 100 PAGES YEE
A solution to the mystery of the story! Everything has an explanation.
You walk to the closet and open it. There are typical supplies in there- q-tips, painkillers, syringes, paper, bandages- what you would expect. But there are a few bottles in the corner of the top shelf that you don’t recognize. Looking up at them, you can see they’re labeled Dedisconol. They emit a smell. A smell you can only describe as bitter. That’s strange. Something about them is familiar.
You flashback to waking up in the dumpster.
It’s hard to tell for sure, but that smell resembles the taste you woke up with.
1 Memory Gained.
This memory is less clear than the others. Fingers enter your mouth. They’re forcing something in. You swallow and black out as a sharp pain digs into your wrist. The taste is incredibly bitter. Your struggle ends there.
You look back up at the closet. There’s nothing else of note inside.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go into the hall.

-Wait for the doctor.

-Take a pill and see what happens.

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

You walk to the closet and open it. There are typical supplies in there- q-tips, painkillers, syringes, paper, bandages- what you would expect. But there are a few bottles in the corner of the top shelf that you don’t recognize. Looking up at them, you can see they’re labeled Dedisconol. They emit a smell. A smell you can only describe as bitter. That’s strange. Something about them is familiar.
It’s hard to tell for sure, but that smell resembles the taste you woke up with.
1 Memory Gained.
This memory is less clear than the others. Fingers enter your mouth. They’re forcing something in. You swallow and black out as a sharp pain digs into your wrist. The taste is incredibly bitter. Your struggle ends there.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go into the hall.

-Wait for the doctor.

Turn on the computer

*Drinks ketchup*
G'thorpax the Unspoken
Rhodare
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remember back when this forum was just for Star to share his Sci-fi ideas? XD

Check out my pixel landscape :D https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/115561401/
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rhodare wrote:

Remember back when this forum was just for Star to share his Sci-fi ideas? XD
ah the memories
:')

and then it turned into a lunatic stampede…
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

1 Memory Gained.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go into the hall.

-Wait for the doctor.

Turn on the computer
You close the door to the closet and hold down the power button on the computer. It flashes on and you’re presented with a login screen. There’s a list of users, each with a username that seems like it’s made of their first name and the first letter of their last. You see SusanN, AudreyS, JonathanQ… and AustinP. You tap on it and it asks you to enter a password to get into the system. You don’t know the password… or do you?
Now, you’re presented with many choices. And you remember something you saw.
The question is left up to you- what do you try?

-Enter _____.

-Turn off the computer and sit down

-Turn off the computer and go into the hallway.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1 Memory Gained.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go into the hall.

-Wait for the doctor.

Turn on the computer
You close the door to the closet and hold down the power button on the computer. It flashes on and you’re presented with a login screen. There’s a list of users, each with a username that seems like it’s made of their first name and the first letter of their last. You see SusanN, AudreyS, JonathanQ… and AustinP. You tap on it and it asks you to enter a password to get into the system. You don’t know the password… or do you?

-Enter _____.

Enter _____
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1 Memory Gained.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go into the hall.

-Wait for the doctor.

Turn on the computer

-Enter _____.

Enter _____
You enter 5 underscores.
An incorrect password notification pops up on the screen.
Time may be running out, but you can try a few more..

-Try something else (Specify what it is)

-Turn off the computer and sit down.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1 Memory Gained.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go into the hall.

-Wait for the doctor.

Turn on the computer

-Enter _____.

Enter _____
You enter 5 underscores.

(wait rip i was supposed to enter a password lol…)
Examine?? (maybe there's a clue to the password)
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1 Memory Gained.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go into the hall.

-Wait for the doctor.

Turn on the computer

-Enter _____.

Enter _____
You enter 5 underscores.

The room remains how you left it. The closet with the mysterious pills is closed. The bed is unmoving. The outside doesn’t seem any different from the last time you looked. It’s strange, but something tells you you already know the password- and not from a memory. It’s like the password is a key to a door, and you found a key before. Maybe they match. But where have you seen a code?
Confusion brews for a second. A noise startles you out of your examination.
“Hello! I’m doct-“ The doctor steps into the room. “What are you doing?”
It’s too late. Now you have a choice.

-Sit down, Turn off the computer, and accept your fate.

-Enter a new password so you’ll know if it works.

-Flee the room into the hallway.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

1 Memory Gained.

-Turn on the computer.

-Go into the hall.

-Wait for the doctor.

Turn on the computer

-Enter _____.

Enter _____
You enter 5 underscores.

The room remains how you left it. The closet with the mysterious pills is closed. The bed is unmoving. The outside doesn’t seem any different from the last time you looked. It’s strange, but something tells you you already know the password- and not from a memory. It’s like the password is a key to a door, and you found a key before. Maybe they match. But where have you seen a code?
Confusion brews for a second. A noise startles you out of your examination.
“Hello! I’m doct-“ The doctor steps into the room. “What are you doing?”
It’s too late. Now you have a choice.

-Sit down, Turn off the computer, and accept your fate.

-Enter a new password so you’ll know if it works.

-Flee the room into the hallway.
Sit down.