Discuss Scratch

pandasrule4ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writings and Ravings of a Lunatic (me!) ^m^

Do numbers and letters have personalities to you?
Here are mine.

1-♀16, Blonde hair, cheerleader, annoying, popular, straight
2-♂16, Jock, blonde hair, popular, also annoying, straight
3-♀14, Artsy, freckles, short brown hair, always splattered in paint, rebellious, geeky, bi
4-♀14, Bookish, kind of a goody-two-shoes, long brown hair, annoying sometimes, nice, nerdy, straight
5-♀14, Computer geek, shy, black hair with blue tips, always wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans, geeky, bi
6-♀13, Shy, dirty blonde hair, skinny, teased a lot, geeky, straight
7-♀version- 17, Diva, mean, always wearing a red dress that is somewhat breaking dress code, mean, black hair, tan, 99% makeup, straight as can be
♂ version- 28, bandit, rude, black mustache, weird (I don't even know, he's just weird), straight
8-♂ 15, Nerdy, math smart, glasses, neatly combed brown hair, always wearing a blue sweater vest, I dunno what his sexuality is.
9-♂ 15, Loves soccer, super nice, not exactly popular, open-minded, dreamy… DOES NOT like 1,2, or 7 (both genders), likes, 3, 5, 6, 10, longish (for a boy) light brown hair, pan
10-♂ 14, dark, mysterious, nice, shy, likes black, Nico Di Angelo's doppelganger (who got that reference?), gay

What do you think? What are your numbers/letters like?

Do not meddle with the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are a jerk. -Morgan Freeman (he didn't actually say ‘jerk’, but I wanted it on my siggy anyway, so I censored it. )
ArimoTheReindeer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pandasrule4ever wrote:

Here are mine.

3-♀14, Artsy, freckles, short brown hair, always splattered in paint, rebellious, geeky, bi
4-♀14, Bookish, kind of a goody-two-shoes, long brown hair, annoying sometimes, nice, nerdy, straight
5-♀14, Computer geek, shy, black hair with blue tips, always wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans, geeky, bi
7-♀version- 17, Diva, mean, always wearing a red dress that is somewhat breaking dress code, mean, black hair, tan, 99% makeup, straight as can be
♂ version- 28, bandit, rude, black mustache, weird (I don't even know, he's just weird), straight
8-♂ 15, Nerdy, math smart, glasses, neatly combed brown hair, always wearing a blue sweater vest, I dunno what his sexuality is.
9-♂ 15, Loves soccer, super nice, not exactly popular, open-minded, dreamy… DOES NOT like 1,2, or 7 (both genders), likes, 3, 5, 6, 10, longish (for a boy) light brown hair, pan
10-♂ 14, dark, mysterious, nice, shy, likes black, Nico Di Angelo's doppelganger (who got that reference?), gay

(sorry to awkwardly come in out of nowhere)
This is very interesting. I've never associated personalities and traits with numbers before. I might want to see a series about these characters.

I am but a simple cartooning reindeer who loves Fujio Akatsuka.
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pandasrule4ever wrote:

Here are mine.

I assign personalities too, but they're totally different..
1 is 5 years old. He's a good leader, but his age makes it so no one takes him seriously. He can get angry at times.
2 is also 5 years old. She wears pigtails and is like 1, but a bit calmer and kinder.
3 is 6 years old. He loves to tease 2 and 1 and is a trickster, lying to get out of problems.
4 is 10 years old and is often troubled with taking care of 1, 2, and 3. She's kind of moody but has good ideas and is happy around the kids when they behave well.
5 is 13 years old. he's moody and bullies 4, mostly because he doesn't have anything else to do. He can only be his true self around 8.
6 is their mother at the age of 25. She's stressed but remains calm and somehow takes care of her 5 children. She wishes 5 could be happier.
7 is the aunt who left the family a while ago. She's somewhat rich and wishes the kids would learn to be more professional. Hates 6 and tries to forget she exists.
8 is their grandmother, and she's kind like 6 but hardly ever sees them. She likes 5 when no one else really does.
9 is their other grandmother. She's as rich as 7 and is the one who raised 7 to be like she is. She's obsessed with fashion but is kind of ugly anyways.
10 doesn't exist, and 0 is the little infant

pandasrule4ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

ArimoTheReindeer wrote:

pandasrule4ever wrote:

Here are mine.

This is very interesting. I've never associated personalities and traits with numbers before. I might want to see a series about these characters.
Really? I always thought it was just normal for people to do that. That's interesting.

Do not meddle with the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are a jerk. -Morgan Freeman (he didn't actually say ‘jerk’, but I wanted it on my siggy anyway, so I censored it. )
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pandasrule4ever wrote:

ArimoTheReindeer wrote:

pandasrule4ever wrote:

Here are mine.

Really? I always thought it was just normal for people to do that. That's interesting.
Me too..

pandasrule4ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

pandasrule4ever wrote:

Here are mine.

I assign personalities too, but they're totally different..
1 is 5 years old. He's a good leader, but his age makes it so no one takes him seriously. He can get angry at times.
2 is also 5 years old. She wears pigtails and is like 1, but a bit calmer and kinder.
3 is 6 years old. He loves to tease 2 and 1 and is a trickster, lying to get out of problems.
4 is 10 years old and is often troubled with taking care of 1, 2, and 3. She's kind of moody but has good ideas and is happy around the kids when they behave well.
5 is 13 years old. he's moody and bullies 4, mostly because he doesn't have anything else to do. He can only be his true self around 8.
6 is their mother at the age of 25. She's stressed but remains calm and somehow takes care of her 5 children. She wishes 5 could be happier.
7 is the aunt who left the family a while ago. She's somewhat rich and wishes the kids would learn to be more professional. Hates 6 and tries to forget she exists.
8 is their grandmother, and she's kind like 6 but hardly ever sees them. She likes 5 when no one else really does.
9 is their other grandmother. She's as rich as 7 and is the one who raised 7 to be like she is. She's obsessed with fashion but is kind of ugly anyways.
10 doesn't exist, and 0 is the little infant
Yours is like a family, while mine is a bunch of whiny teenagers.

Starsaurus
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Commandant Three (or a piece of it)

Delcamix

the disease took nine more people today. its spreading faster than we can contain it. i fear the troops will not be able to hold up much longer. six of today's fallen were of my elite warriors. we cannot afford more losses. but the Farlanders have us pinned in the valley. normally, the valley would be our friend; today it is not so. the abyss does not take visitors well, even those of its own offspring. i sent Axmelk to find where the Farlanders were, exactly, but he has not returned for three days. he is most likely dead. this emotion, fear, is new; i cannot say i enjoy it.

Entamelus

four cities total have fallen since the Farlanders' push to the sea. it isnt working. nothing is working. they dont take losses the way we do. they dont deliver mercy. they spit on the face of mercy and throw it to the yamik wolves. we have been split three-way now, and the Farlanders are unwilling to compromise. Damus says he saw thirty-two of us executed by knife in front of one of our outposts. this cant be allowed to continue.

Ekb'r

i shouldnt be saying this. its risking all of us. but i must. the entrances have been blown. the cavern is sealed. we cant stay here much longer, but its our last shot at surviving these… things. exploration has been slow and painful, no one is sure where the tunnels end. no one has been down here for millions of years. this… this shouldnt be happening

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/219215/ <=== stories, ideas, poems, etc.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/211523/ <=== the Allergreen Universe

No parking lot is ever full when you're driving a tank!
Idk bout you, but I'd be kinda worried if my soul looked like a giant flaming eyeball. Just sayin.
“When the last machine is built, when the last device is invented, there will always be room for someone to tell a story.” -Hans Zimmer
“Ain't I killed you before…?” -McCree
“i cant think of another quote to add bc its 12:20 AM :3” -me
pandasrule4ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

“Mom, dad?” I say. My stomach is acting like Simone Biles at the Olympics. Twisting, turning.
“Uh huh?”
It does a flip and I jump for the win, “I'm bisexual. I like boys and girls.” I stumble on the landing, but I did it.
“Really?” they ask in unison.
“You think I'm lying?! I just worked up so much courage to tell you!”
“Oh, honey.” Mom strokes my hair.
“Don't feel bad for me!” I half yell.
“How long have you known?” asks Dad.
“A few months.”
“It's okay. We're here for you.”
On a normal basis I would freak out and yell at them not to treat me any differently, but I give them a pass. “I know. I'm fine. Really, I am.” I give them a bear hug. I break away. “Now, I'd like to finish my cheeseburger because it'd be a waste to ignore it.”

This story is partially inspired by my life. I haven't come out as Bi yet to my family, but this is kind of how I predict it being.
I can't work up the guts to do it yet, but I can't wait!

Starsaurus
Scratcher
500+ posts

on Time (a theory cuz i can)

time does not exist as most believe it to. most say time is a river, albeit a complex and winding one, but nonetheless a moving entity. i do not believe it is so.

time, to be described in a way us humans can actually somewhat wrap our heads around, is more like an ocean. to use the earth version, a massive, neverending ocean. every atom is like a boat on this ocean. (what the ocean is made of is i guess events? havent really figured that part out. erhaps Ether maybe.) the “boats”/atoms react to gravity in the same way they do in the third dimension (perhaps the ocean is five-dimensioned?), grouing together into a caravan which moves through time, aka the “timeline”. alt-timelines may happen when these boats somehow split off from themselves and shenanigans go down…?

so there are numerous caravans, methinks. perhaps each caravan is for the most part identical, with the slight differences being enough to shove it in a diferent direction from the others, thereby making it an alt timeline. i dunno. ive never been to the time ocean.

Idk bout you, but I'd be kinda worried if my soul looked like a giant flaming eyeball. Just sayin.
“When the last machine is built, when the last device is invented, there will always be room for someone to tell a story.” -Hans Zimmer
Starsaurus
Scratcher
500+ posts

alien starships

if you think about it, the closest weve gotten to accurately depicted alien spacecraft is the most cliche: the flying saucer. its a directionless craft. while not ideal for anything with an atmosphere, in space its perfect. the only reason human spacecraft are tapered is so they can enter and exit the atmoshpere with efficiency. try launching a giant metal disk with a drag thats three times its force and see how well that works.

however, an even better craft would be a sphere. engines would be evenly dispersed throughout its hull, thereby making 3-dimensional maneuvering more plausable. the center would be the “down”, or perhaps “up”, depending on the size (small craft would need to spin to generate the centripetal(?) force to through things outwards in fake gravity) and mass (a dense core could generate enough gravity to function as “down”). unless you find a planet, the craft wold be perfect for travelling between planets and stars.

if they arent spherical, then theyd probably be geometrically regular then.

SIDE NOTE: ailerons and flaps (yes thats the actual aviation term) are completely useless in space. since it is a void, there is nothing to flow over the wings to make them of any use. the only use would be if their heavy enough to tip them to turn, in which case something is wrong, because space is undirectional, therefore if you turn whichever way is your “up”, then youll just go in circles.

SIDE NOTE CONT.: there is a scene in the original Battlestar Galactica movie where Starbuck and Apollo pull a Top Gun (pull up(?) on flaps(?), stall enough to get behind whever is chasing you) on some Cylon ships. but theyre in space. thats an aerodynamic move, not a… voidodynamic? what would the lack of aerodynamics be called in space? i have no clue. point being it wouldnt work.

SIDE SIDE NOTE: laser guns dont have recoil. recoil is part of Newton's 2nd(?) law, “every action has an equal and opposite reaction” (thats not actually what it says but thats the gist of it. we had to memorize it in seventh grade but that was a while ago. at least i still remember Aufbau's Principle… i think.). lasers are an expulsion of energy, not force. energy has no opposite action. its a ray (the unintened truth to “ray gun”. thats just a thing with people thinking they shot radiation cuz thats what laser were thought to be. i think. dont quote me on that part.) of energy. nuff science on that part.

anyways. basic geometry. ahem… *Hanzo voice*… SIMPLE GEOMETRY. (thanks, Hanzo.) basic geometry. triangles, cubes, etc. polygons, polyhedrons more like actually, etc. um…. where was i going with this. side notes distracted me

SIDE SIDE NOTE AGAIN: plasma guns, however, do. plasma has mass, therefore it has force. therefore it has recoil. however, plasma by definition is so energized, if contained, it would probly fly out once let free without much effort. that is provided it doesnt explode in the container, cuz thats what contained energy does, if its volatile enough.

back to geometric crud. 8th grade, i summon thee: arise!

it aint happening.

well thats my thing for today.

yes this is what i do with my time. i think about why stuff is and isnt cuz i can.

pandasrule4ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

This is the story I'm writing. It takes place in about 2250. It's on Earth where there is one city called Terra covering most of the planet. There is a small ‘town’ on the outskirts of Terra made up of Demihumans. The town, Demihaven, will raise the Demihuman children, who have DNA alterations to make them stronger than normal humans, and when they are old enough, they will go into Terra and mix with the human race, strengthening it. Zoe, a young Demihuman, begins to question Terra, Demihaven and sets out to find what ‘utopia’ really is, and if it's possible.
It's not finished yet, but I'd love some advice.

pandasrule4ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump.

Starsaurus
Scratcher
500+ posts

pandasrule4ever wrote:

This is the story I'm writing. It takes place in about 2250. It's on Earth where there is one city called Terra covering most of the planet. There is a small ‘town’ on the outskirts of Terra made up of Demihumans. The town, Demihaven, will raise the Demihuman children, who have DNA alterations to make them stronger than normal humans, and when they are old enough, they will go into Terra and mix with the human race, strengthening it. Zoe, a young Demihuman, begins to question Terra, Demihaven and sets out to find what ‘utopia’ really is, and if it's possible.

aight, well, considering Terra means Earth, that name makes sense. but i think since youre talkin a city COVERING Terra, and the like… idk, “second birthplace” of mankind, Gaia would be a more fitting name. Gaia is “the mother”, the “spirit of Earth', ”mother of Earth“, etc. so it holds a slightly bit more symbolic name. also, a suggestion on Demihaven, idk if this is exactly the kind of sci-fi youre doing, but if you look at how the Pure (thats what im just going to call norma humans. you can use it if you want) kinda shoved the Demis to the outskirts of all civilization, and how Terra (the city) is covering a majority of the lanet, it would make a bit more sense for DemiHAVEN to be on Luna, the moon. like theres probly hundreds, maybe thousands, of Demihuman slums and ghettos around Terra, just by nature of the people it seems, but the Demihaven seems like it would be a Liberia-type city on Luna, where they go to kinda escape it all, i guess? or maybe where the Gaians (”Terran" means human, or inhabitor of Earth, so i guess that would also be fitting i guess, for either race) kinda shove Demis to get them out of their hair. but like, most cities in history with -Haven at the end are some sort of Liberia-type situation, so maybe it was their choice? just lookin at it from all angles here. sorry f any of this is confusing

Starsaurus
Scratcher
500+ posts

pandasrule4ever wrote:

Bump.
might i add that otherwise, thats a pretty legit idea ya gots there

cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm working on this concept for a reserve/town called Nightly. In the world it takes place in, Magicals (fantasy creatures like mermaids, spirits, fairies, e.t.c) are a discriminated race treated poorly by most humans. They're segregated in pretty much everything, from schools to houses. Anyways, there are no reserves for them.
But when a human falls in love with a mermaid (and has a daghter with her) he sees the struggles they go through, and he starts a jumpstarter (this world's version of kickstarter) campaign to raise the money for a reserve for the magicals, a place with no humans allowed. Over time he gains the money and he decides on a small forest area in Colorado to build the town. About a year later 10 magicals live in the town, and the concept follows their story..

pandasrule4ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

Starsaurus wrote:

pandasrule4ever wrote:

aight, well, considering Terra means Earth, that name makes sense. but i think since youre talkin a city COVERING Terra, and the like… idk, “second birthplace” of mankind, Gaia would be a more fitting name. Gaia is “the mother”, the “spirit of Earth', ”mother of Earth“, etc. so it holds a slightly bit more symbolic name. also, a suggestion on Demihaven, idk if this is exactly the kind of sci-fi youre doing, but if you look at how the Pure (thats what im just going to call norma humans. you can use it if you want) kinda shoved the Demis to the outskirts of all civilization, and how Terra (the city) is covering a majority of the lanet, it would make a bit more sense for DemiHAVEN to be on Luna, the moon. like theres probly hundreds, maybe thousands, of Demihuman slums and ghettos around Terra, just by nature of the people it seems, but the Demihaven seems like it would be a Liberia-type city on Luna, where they go to kinda escape it all, i guess? or maybe where the Gaians (”Terran" means human, or inhabitor of Earth, so i guess that would also be fitting i guess, for either race) kinda shove Demis to get them out of their hair. but like, most cities in history with -Haven at the end are some sort of Liberia-type situation, so maybe it was their choice? just lookin at it from all angles here. sorry f any of this is confusing
No, thanks! I like your constructive criticism. The name Terra comes from the founder of the city, King Terrance. And ‘Demihaven’ is designed to make it seem like a utopia, not the honest truth.

Starsaurus
Scratcher
500+ posts

pandasrule4ever wrote:

Starsaurus wrote:

pandasrule4ever wrote:

No, thanks! I like your constructive criticism. The name Terra comes from the founder of the city, King Terrance. And ‘Demihaven’ is designed to make it seem like a utopia, not the honest truth.

Aight! That's totally ok, I'm just here to help ^m^

Starsaurus
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Lunan and the Terran

Kabuck sat on the ground, staring at Terra through the glass of his helmet. In three days, that will be his new home. The barren, uneventful life of a Frontiersman will be over… whether he wanted it or not. He was only 15, and could not make his own decisions. His parents had to do that. If he so much as tried to distance himself, he would be accused of sabotaging the colonization efforts. Or some other reason the Lunar Committee came up with. So far as they were concerned, the Lunans' little settlement was still under Terran jurisdiction. So they made the rules.

Blurgh. I had an idea for this. I waited too long tho

P-Code
Scratcher
500+ posts

pandasrule4ever wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

pandasrule4ever wrote:

Here are mine.

-snip-

-snip-
Yours is like a family, while mine is a bunch of whiny teenagers.

Warning: Random person that discovered this topic posting:

Your numbers and letters have personalities? Neat! Have you seen this studio?

Welp since this is a writing topic…

Writing,
I'm not sure what to write,
So I'll write this poem.

P - C O D E