Discuss Scratch

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

So, what is this collaboration exactly?
Inspired by similar creations, I aim to create a pre-made fantasy world of sorts with which anyone on scratch can do what they like: roleplays, games, stories- you name it, users can do it. This world will be an expansive creation, essentially being all the worldbuilding for a story in a nice little package. The intended genre for the world as of now is fantasy as I feel this allows everyone who will be contributing the most creative freedom.

What do we have so far?
We currently have a wiki under works, being produced by clarence122. So far contributors have decided this will be a medieval fantasy world and have begun work on the species inhabiting it.
The Elvish anguage is here.

How can I use this in one of my works?
Currently, you can't as there is not enough detail for you to really work with. In future, you can use the setting as you please but must credit the world and everyone involved- a handy post containing all collaborators usernames will be made for you to link to.

This sounds great- sign me up!
If you would like to apply to be an official collaborator and have your work credited, fill out the form below. You do not have to stay for the whole duration of the worlds creation and can in fact leave the team and still have your work credited, however, you must let everyone know if you are going to leave or be be absent for large periods of time.

Application form:
Name: this is what other collaborators will call you
Activity: roughly describe how active you are on scratch
Job: describe what contributions you would like to make, this could be general worldbuilding, something specific (e.g character creation) or a talent of yours you would like to apply to the project (e.g mapmaking)
Examples: provide a link to something you've made before that shows you can do your job

Current members:
Nether (myself)
clarence112
Pearl
Willa
Tetro
Crimson
Nathan
113226
This is what other collaborators will call you
Strix
calulord
Blurry
Homeuser3

Last edited by TheRealNetherBefore (March 10, 2019 08:55:45)


*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
PearlPlatypus2048
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

I'd love to work on this! =:3 If there's anything in particular I could do, please let me know!

Last edited by PearlPlatypus2048 (Nov. 21, 2018 21:05:54)


] -UnTa/DelRu theorist since 2018, also working on this medieval fantasy thingy
-As of 2/12/2019 I use hex color 184040 for my posts, and when it's this color (14d1cd) it's a link somewhere
status: “unexpected communism” describes my entire sense of humor
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

I'd love to work on this! =:3 If there's anything in particular I coud do, please let me know!
Well, If you fill out the application form you can definitely help out! What kind of stuff are you good at?

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
clarence112
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

Application form:
Name: clarence112
Activity: 99.9̅9̅9/10
Job: worldbuilding/mapmaking, I already have a few ideas
Examples: I can't really post a link to a D&D game I'm DMing (what with it being an entirely IRL thing), but I can at least prove I'm good at drawing stuff.

I'M the evil kumquat!
Want to help out with world building? Click here!
OH, DID U GET THE BROOM CLOSET ENDING? THEB ROOM CLOSET ENDING WAS MY FAVRITE!1 XD
Check out Byte, my W.I.P. scratch-inspired pygame IDE
620 posts as of Nov 7, 2019, 11:56 AM EST




.
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

clarence112 wrote:

Application form:
Name: clarence112
Activity: 99.9̅9̅9/10
Job: worldbuilding/mapmaking, I already have a few ideas
Examples: I can't really post a link to a D&D game I'm DMing (what with it being an entirely IRL thing), but I can at least prove I'm good at drawing stuff.
Welcome to the team, clarence112! Go ahead and post your ideas!

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
clarence112
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

How's this?

The dwarven kingdom:
The dwarven kingdom is the homeland of the two races of dwarves. They used to be only one race, but long-term separation due to lifestyle choices has lead to minor physical differences. The two races have their own rules, rulers, and territory, but are still united as one country.
Mountain dwarves:
Slightly taller than the other race of dwarves. Very mechanically inclined, nearly everything in their half of the kingdom is powered by steam. Their creations and buildings tend to be made from brass and oil-soaked wood.
Cavern dwarves:
Slightly wider than the other race of dwarves, and have larger beards. They spend most of their time underground, their half of the kingdom is the largest exporter of raw minerals and wrought armor/weapons. Their structures tend to be built into rock, and usually are made from plain wood and wrought iron.

I'M the evil kumquat!
Want to help out with world building? Click here!
OH, DID U GET THE BROOM CLOSET ENDING? THEB ROOM CLOSET ENDING WAS MY FAVRITE!1 XD
Check out Byte, my W.I.P. scratch-inspired pygame IDE
620 posts as of Nov 7, 2019, 11:56 AM EST




.
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

clarence112 wrote:

How's this?

The dwarven kingdom:
The dwarven kingdom is the homeland of the two races of dwarves. They used to be only one race, but long-term separation due to lifestyle choices has lead to minor physical differences. The two races have their own rules, rulers, and territory, but are still united as one country.
Mountain dwarves:
Slightly taller than the other race of dwarves. Very mechanically inclined, nearly everything in their half of the kingdom is powered by steam. Their creations and buildings tend to be made from brass and oil-soaked wood.
Cavern dwarves:
Slightly wider than the other race of dwarves, and have larger beards. They spend most of their time underground, their half of the kingdom is the largest exporter of raw minerals and wrought armor/weapons. Their structures tend to be built into rock, and usually are made from plain wood and wrought iron.
Sounds pretty good!
So, do you think this should be some kind of medieval fantasy style thing with your typical cast of species then?

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
clarence112
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

clarence112 wrote:

How's this?

The dwarven kingdom:
The dwarven kingdom is the homeland of the two races of dwarves. They used to be only one race, but long-term separation due to lifestyle choices has lead to minor physical differences. The two races have their own rules, rulers, and territory, but are still united as one country.
Mountain dwarves:
Slightly taller than the other race of dwarves. Very mechanically inclined, nearly everything in their half of the kingdom is powered by steam. Their creations and buildings tend to be made from brass and oil-soaked wood.
Cavern dwarves:
Slightly wider than the other race of dwarves, and have larger beards. They spend most of their time underground, their half of the kingdom is the largest exporter of raw minerals and wrought armor/weapons. Their structures tend to be built into rock, and usually are made from plain wood and wrought iron.
Sounds pretty good!
So, do you think this should be some kind of medieval fantasy style thing with your typical cast of species then?
Yeah, but maybe we should have a few original species mixed in.

I'M the evil kumquat!
Want to help out with world building? Click here!
OH, DID U GET THE BROOM CLOSET ENDING? THEB ROOM CLOSET ENDING WAS MY FAVRITE!1 XD
Check out Byte, my W.I.P. scratch-inspired pygame IDE
620 posts as of Nov 7, 2019, 11:56 AM EST




.
Marshmallowfish
Scratcher
100+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

How would you fit this into a Scratch game?

—Marshmallowfish
(Newborn Harp Seal)
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

Marshmallowfish wrote:

How would you fit this into a Scratch game?
Basically, once this gets going, a user could basically use the world we've made as the setting for their game which would save them a lot of time.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
PearlPlatypus2048
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

I'd love to work on this! =:3 If there's anything in particular I could do, please let me know!
Well, If you fill out the application form you can definitely help out! What kind of stuff are you good at?
Name: My username, or Pearl or 2048 for short
Activity: I'm on almost everyday, however I procrastinate a lot…
Job: I don't know yet, but I'm good at art and could help with some general ideas and providing feedback!
Examples:I'm sorry, I don't have any examples, but I know I can help with this!

Last edited by PearlPlatypus2048 (Nov. 21, 2018 21:02:01)


] -UnTa/DelRu theorist since 2018, also working on this medieval fantasy thingy
-As of 2/12/2019 I use hex color 184040 for my posts, and when it's this color (14d1cd) it's a link somewhere
status: “unexpected communism” describes my entire sense of humor
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

I'd love to work on this! =:3 If there's anything in particular I could do, please let me know!
Well, If you fill out the application form you can definitely help out! What kind of stuff are you good at?
Name: My username, or Pearl or 2048 for short
Activity: I'm on almost everyday, however I procrastinate a lot…
Job: I don't know yet, but I'm good at art and could help with some general ideas and providing feedback!
Examples:I'm sorry, I don't have any examples, but I know I can help with this!
That's fine, I'm going to be generous and let you in.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

Ok Guys! So we've decided so far that we're going to make a medieval fantasy world with a lot of the typical creatures from that genre. What kind of creatures would you like to have in the world that already exist in the genre, and what ones are you uninterested in? We've already decided on dwarves, but what others do we want?
Personally, I'd definitely want Orcs. I'd also like elves however I'm not particularly fond of the typical fantasy elf look and would personally like to spruce it up a bit rather than just using the default. What do you guys think?

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
PearlPlatypus2048
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

Ok Guys! So we've decided so far that we're going to make a medieval fantasy world with a lot of the typical creatures from that genre. What kind of creatures would you like to have in the world that already exist in the genre, and what ones are you uninterested in? We've already decided on dwarves, but what others do we want?
Personally, I'd definitely want Orcs. I'd also like elves however I'm not particularly fond of the typical fantasy elf look and would personally like to spruce it up a bit rather than just using the default. What do you guys think?
How about some bunny dragons?

] -UnTa/DelRu theorist since 2018, also working on this medieval fantasy thingy
-As of 2/12/2019 I use hex color 184040 for my posts, and when it's this color (14d1cd) it's a link somewhere
status: “unexpected communism” describes my entire sense of humor
clarence112
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

Ok Guys! So we've decided so far that we're going to make a medieval fantasy world with a lot of the typical creatures from that genre. What kind of creatures would you like to have in the world that already exist in the genre, and what ones are you uninterested in? We've already decided on dwarves, but what others do we want?
Personally, I'd definitely want Orcs. I'd also like elves however I'm not particularly fond of the typical fantasy elf look and would personally like to spruce it up a bit rather than just using the default. What do you guys think?
How about some bunny dragons?
I'm working on dragons right now, ill find a way to fit them in. They sound way too adorable to pass up.

I'M the evil kumquat!
Want to help out with world building? Click here!
OH, DID U GET THE BROOM CLOSET ENDING? THEB ROOM CLOSET ENDING WAS MY FAVRITE!1 XD
Check out Byte, my W.I.P. scratch-inspired pygame IDE
620 posts as of Nov 7, 2019, 11:56 AM EST




.
PearlPlatypus2048
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

clarence112 wrote:

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

Ok Guys! So we've decided so far that we're going to make a medieval fantasy world with a lot of the typical creatures from that genre. What kind of creatures would you like to have in the world that already exist in the genre, and what ones are you uninterested in? We've already decided on dwarves, but what others do we want?
Personally, I'd definitely want Orcs. I'd also like elves however I'm not particularly fond of the typical fantasy elf look and would personally like to spruce it up a bit rather than just using the default. What do you guys think?
How about some bunny dragons?
I'm working on dragons right now, ill find a way to fit them in. They sound way too adorable to pass up.
thanks =:3

] -UnTa/DelRu theorist since 2018, also working on this medieval fantasy thingy
-As of 2/12/2019 I use hex color 184040 for my posts, and when it's this color (14d1cd) it's a link somewhere
status: “unexpected communism” describes my entire sense of humor
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

clarence112 wrote:

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

-snip-
How about some bunny dragons?
I'm working on dragons right now, ill find a way to fit them in. They sound way too adorable to pass up.
Seconding the bunny dragons here, that sounds like a great idea!
Is everyone fine if I come up with orcs?

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
clarence112
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

clarence112 wrote:

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

-snip-
How about some bunny dragons?
I'm working on dragons right now, ill find a way to fit them in. They sound way too adorable to pass up.
Seconding the bunny dragons here, that sounds like a great idea!
Is everyone fine if I come up with orcs?
im fine with it

I'M the evil kumquat!
Want to help out with world building? Click here!
OH, DID U GET THE BROOM CLOSET ENDING? THEB ROOM CLOSET ENDING WAS MY FAVRITE!1 XD
Check out Byte, my W.I.P. scratch-inspired pygame IDE
620 posts as of Nov 7, 2019, 11:56 AM EST




.
PearlPlatypus2048
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!

clarence112 wrote:

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

clarence112 wrote:

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

-snip-
How about some bunny dragons?
I'm working on dragons right now, ill find a way to fit them in. They sound way too adorable to pass up.
Seconding the bunny dragons here, that sounds like a great idea!
Is everyone fine if I come up with orcs?
im fine with it
same

] -UnTa/DelRu theorist since 2018, also working on this medieval fantasy thingy
-As of 2/12/2019 I use hex color 184040 for my posts, and when it's this color (14d1cd) it's a link somewhere
status: “unexpected communism” describes my entire sense of humor
clarence112
Scratcher
500+ posts

Help to Create an Ambitious Free Fantasy Setting for all Scratch Users!


I may or may not be working on a wiki for this >:3
Side note: this is my first ever website.
You can't view it yet as I haven't done any port-forwarding, but when it goes live the URL will be http://clarencecraft.ddns.net:8000/the-world/home.html

Last edited by clarence112 (Nov. 25, 2018 15:55:32)


I'M the evil kumquat!
Want to help out with world building? Click here!
OH, DID U GET THE BROOM CLOSET ENDING? THEB ROOM CLOSET ENDING WAS MY FAVRITE!1 XD
Check out Byte, my W.I.P. scratch-inspired pygame IDE
620 posts as of Nov 7, 2019, 11:56 AM EST




.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile