Crimson & Co's College of Collaboration [Student]

@CrazyGoldfish3
Well done, you passed that section.

@MicroWolf
Good work, you passed that section.

@ZLGames
Gap Fill: All correct, well done!
SDLC:
-The Spiral method is unsuitable for smaller projects (try swapping the two circular methods)
-You suggested the waterfall model for a project which requires flexibility but waterfall models do not cope well with change
Categories:
e, this would fit into the design section
m, a low level design (low concept) is actually a very detailed design
Test sheet, a document containing the tests that you will carry out and the results
High concept (high level design) is a design overview of the whole system identifying key components
I would place the control set-up in design, I think.

@Mega
SDLC: All correct.
Categories:
-I would probably put high concept under design
f, This is actually writing the code
m, a low concept is a very detailed design
e, beta testers

@Class I
Great attempt, that is probably my first assignment that focuses on more of a test rather than explanations. I probably should have explained high and low concepts before. But still great response, just edit them a bit and we can move on to the final lesson.
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@Class I
Would you like a lesson on voting? Is there anything else you think should be covered before we move on to the two big pieces?
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lillyina18909 wrote:

Certified collaborator course
Okay, so this a short course that certifies you as a good collaborator. What kind of area are you best/most interested in> (Programming, art). Please be specific.
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This sounds like an amazing idea! I'm kinda in the need of some Custom Block knawledge…

Can I take “Standard Programming with Custom Blocks”?

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Standard Management Course - Questionnaire Scenario #2
You are the leader of a collaboration which has recently fallen inactive. You have rebooted but abandoned your last project because of little progress and it is all a mess. You have organised everything but you think your team are lacking motivation. Your task is to write a survey for your members to motivate them with at least six questions. You might want to:
-Show that you value your member's opinions
-Show that you value your member's ideas during decision process making (hint hint).
-Resolve the current inactivity crisis (re-organisation?)

Be creative!
Any questions, just ask!
-Co49

Deadline: 1/03/2016
Whoa what why huh ugh I was busy…

Anyway.

Recently, our wonderful collaboration has fallen inactive. As a result, I am going to set our previous project off on a ‘to do later’ list. I need everyone's opinions on how to revive the collab properly… so I have formulated a survey of six short answer questions. If you do not finish this survey or reply saying you are unable to do so within two weeks, you will be cut.

1. Why do you think our collab fell inactive?
  2. What measures should we take to avoid this happening again?
  3. Should we cull the horde and cut some members?
  4. Were there any issues in the old collab that you would like amended?
  5. Should we partner with shops and other collaborations?
  6. Lastly, what should our new project be?

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MathlyCat wrote:

This sounds like an amazing idea! I'm kinda in the need of some Custom Block knawledge…

Can I take “Standard Programming with Custom Blocks”?

Yep! I'll find and BUMP up the Lesson 1 soon.
Invisblemario
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can I take “Standard Programming with Custom Blocks” also?

Hi!
when green flag clicked
forever
if <(you meet me) = [true]> then
say [Hi!]
end
end
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Invisblemario wrote:

Can I take “Standard Programming with Custom Blocks” also?

Yep.
MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

@Class I
Would you like a lesson on voting? Is there anything else you think should be covered before we move on to the two big pieces?
I'd love to read it, even though I'm not Class I.

Under Reconstruction
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

@Class I
Voting would be good, lots of Shops/Collabs have voting problems.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

@Class I
That would be extremely helpful.

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
sonicfan12p
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Standard Management Course - Questionnaire Scenario #2
You are the leader of a collaboration which has recently fallen inactive. You have rebooted but abandoned your last project because of little progress and it is all a mess. You have organised everything but you think your team are lacking motivation. Your task is to write a survey for your members to motivate them with at least six questions. You might want to:
-Show that you value your member's opinions
-Show that you value your member's ideas during decision process making (hint hint).
-Resolve the current inactivity crisis (re-organisation?)

Be creative!
Any questions, just ask!
-Co49

Deadline: 1/03/2016
Alright guys, I'm going to ask you all a few questions before we get restarted. Be specific, because this is important! Your input will help determine what steps we take from here. We're all in this together, so your opinion is just as important as mine!

What type of project should we make and why?
Should we redo our chain of command? If so, how?
Should we replace the current managers/leaders? Why or why not?
Do we need to hire more people?
Should we reduce or increase the size of our teams, or keep them the same?
Should we find a new way to consolidate our work, such as a collaboration account?
Have the tasks delegated to you been within your ability to complete, in terms of skill and/or time?
Are there any other ways you can think of to improve the way we do things here?

Last edited by sonicfan12p (March 2, 2016 06:48:10)

Comeback time? Maybe?
ProfessorMarshmallow
Scratcher
500+ posts

I can't wait until the new art tutor is figured out!

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When does the custom blocks class start??

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
SashaGeorge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi!
Can I take a course in Standard Management?
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

@ZLGames
SDLC:
-The Spiral method is unsuitable for smaller projects (try swapping the two circular methods)
-You suggested the waterfall model for a project which requires flexibility but waterfall models do not cope well with change
Categories:
e, this would fit into the design section
m, a low level design (low concept) is actually a very detailed design
Test sheet, a document containing the tests that you will carry out and the results
High concept (high level design) is a design overview of the whole system identifying key components
I would place the control set-up in design, I think.

@Mega
SDLC: All correct.
Categories:
-I would probably put high concept under design
f, This is actually writing the code
m, a low concept is a very detailed design
e, beta testers

@Class I
Great attempt, that is probably my first assignment that focuses on more of a test rather than explanations. I probably should have explained high and low concepts before. But still great response, just edit them a bit and we can move on to the final lesson.
E has nothing to do with testing….and isn't Design making different parts of the project and putting them together, or is it just art?

Edited.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
LegusScratcher
Scratcher
500+ posts

Could I sign up for two courses? If so I would like to take Standard Management and Standard Programming.

“When people tell me to stop procrastinating. I tell them perfection can never be rushed.” - Best procrastination quote 2017
MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

Co49 wrote:

-snip-
E has nothing to do with testing….and isn't Design making different parts of the project and putting them together, or is it just art?

Edited.
Isn't Design the development of concepts, ideas and later systems, before they are actually programmed/art created?

Under Reconstruction
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MicroWolf wrote:

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

Co49 wrote:

-snip-

Edited.
Isn't Design the development of concepts, ideas and later systems, before they are actually programmed/art created?
No, according to the lesson, it's creating individual pieces of the project.