Discuss Scratch

RickCall12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Crimson & Co's College of Collaboration [Student]

HarryB178 wrote:

Sure! Here is an assignment: (Kind of for games and programming but whatever)

Use a custom block to figure out what costume and stats a clone should be.
E.g. I want to create a clone of a sprite for a battle game and I want them to have different stats but one sprite. I want to be asked what shape I want to create (Square, circle or triangle), and what stat they should have. You will make then a custom block should create what I want based on my input.

TIP: Use a list to hold the stats.

Good luck!
Could you post any assignments on my profile comments section (its easier to find than looking through pages of a forum thread)
HarryB178
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RickCall12 wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

Sure! Here is an assignment: (Kind of for games and programming but whatever)

E.g. I want to create a clone of a sprite for a battle game and I want them to have different stats but one sprite. I want to be asked what shape I want to create (Square, circle or triangle), and what stat they should have. You will make then a custom block should create what I want based on my input.

Good luck!
Could you post any assignments on my profile comments section (its easier to find than looking through pages of a forum thread)

Sure!
k9lego
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

RickCall12 wrote:

Sure!
We could create a project that display's user's assignments. It could contain links to the user's assignment post(s) on the forum.

- Let's Eat  Grandma! This is a hidden advertisement for the Collab Hyper Cloud Inc. :)
- Let's Eat, Grandma!
Commas Save Lives!

Nothing Much here…

If you want to reply to me, please comment with the link to the topic “On my profile page”. thanks. k9lego
HarryB178
Scratcher
1000+ posts

k9lego wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

RickCall12 wrote:

Sure!
We could create a project that display's user's assignments. It could contain links to the user's assignment post(s) on the forum.

It's okay, I don't mind posting it on his profile.
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ahhh! I know I can't be a Tutor, but I know Custom Blcoks so well! XD (A lot of emotions there. )
k9lego
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

k9lego wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

RickCall12 wrote:

Sure!

It's okay, I don't mind posting it on his profile.
That sounds like a better idea. It's more personal if you ask me. - k9lego.

- Let's Eat  Grandma! This is a hidden advertisement for the Collab Hyper Cloud Inc. :)
- Let's Eat, Grandma!
Commas Save Lives!

Nothing Much here…

If you want to reply to me, please comment with the link to the topic “On my profile page”. thanks. k9lego
the_force
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can I enroll

@K13Marie, @Writer and@Novakitty r my cute n sweet little sista HUG ME :D
k9lego
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the_force wrote:

Can I enroll
What course do you want to take? Then one of the tutors will help you. :)
EDIT: Good, you've been helped.

Last edited by k9lego (Sept. 3, 2015 16:43:31)

- Let's Eat, Grandma!
Commas Save Lives!

Nothing Much here…

the_force
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Art and gaming

HarryB178
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the_force wrote:

Art and gaming

Alright, which one do you want to do first?
the_force
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

the_force wrote:

Art and gaming

Art

Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Management Course is learning how to effectively organize and manage a collaboration. Standard Management teaches about how to manage a smaller team within a collaboration while Advanced Management teaches about how to manage a how collaboration along with further ideas. SPeCs in management involve actually managing a real collaboration.

Standard Management
In this course, you can learn about how to manage a small team. Below are all the lessons:

Overview
Lesson One: Learning how to effectively delegate.
Lesson Two: Learning about hiring new members.
Lesson Three: Learning the general points of a collaboration.
Lesson Four: Advertising your collaboration.
Lesson Five: Learning about inactivity in collaborations.

Syllabus
-Delegation
-Hiring
-General Skills
-Advertising
-Inactivity

Criteria
-Delegation Scenario
-Questionnaire
-Hiring
-Creative Scenario (Inactivity System)

Advanced Management
When you have completed the Standard Management Course, you will have the opportunity to complete the advanced course. The assignments and lessons are much longer and detailed here, so there are no deadlines. Below are all the lessons.

Overview
Lesson One: Learning about the different hierarchy types.
Lesson Two: Teaching about the different roles in a collaboration.
Lesson Three: Learning about planning projects and SDLCs.
Lesson Four: Learning about voting in collaborations and how to run them.
Lesson Five: Some general points about collaborations.

Criteria
-Coursework: Making a Fiction Collaboration
-The Structure of Hierarchy and different roles (with explanation and justification)
-Application Form (with explanation and justification)
-Initial Plan (such as advertising with explanation)
-Inactivity Procedure (with explanation and justification)
-Case Studies: Collaborations
Investigating two very different collaborations
-Interview from the Owner
-Essay on features of both collaborations and how they are similar/contrast.
-Essay on forms of hierarchy (matrix, flat, tall about 250 words)
-Motivational Speech (+60 words, just a bit of fun)
-SDLCs Exercise
-Voting Exercise
-General Test

Last edited by Co49 (April 3, 2016 13:12:40)

Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the_force wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

the_force wrote:

Art and gaming

Art

Which branch? General art and drawing or pixel?
the_force
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is there advanced programming I can learn like how custom block works etc

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

the_force wrote:

Can I enroll
Sure, what course?

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Ahhh! I know I can't be a Tutor, but I know Custom Blcoks so well! XD (A lot of emotions there. )
Don't despair! We may look for more tutors if we get much more busy. If you would like to add this course, please see makethebrainhappy or Harry.

I will. XD (I know makethebrainhappy very well. )
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the_force wrote:

A student is doing custom blocks on standard programming. Sorry, but advanced programming is only available to standard graduates of that course.
the_force
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

the_force wrote:

A student is doing custom blocks on standard programming. Sorry, but advanced programming is only available to standard graduates of that course.
Ok

HarryB178
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the_force wrote:

Sure. Let me show you a previous assignment + syllabus: You can work on these for now and just tell me if there are any other topics you want to know.

So custom blocks eh? These are your syllabus to begin with, I'll add more stuff later.

http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Define_()_(block)
http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/()_(Custom_block)

Basically, a custom block is something you can use to speed up your code by making your own scripts. The Scratch Wiki articles above explain them well, so if you want I can create an assignment based on them, otherwise I can give you some more info of other stuff you want to know about them.

Thanks!

Here is an assignment: (Kind of for games and programming but whatever)

Good luck!
Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MajesticB wrote:

I would like to do art please ( drawing stuff )
Just saw your edited post! An assignment is coming your way asap!
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Standard Management - Lesson One - Delegation
-The best way to delegate tasks to members and how to do it effectively.

Imagine you are the manger of a small team in a large collaboration. Your chief gives an assignment and you must ‘delegate’ it to your team. However, there are many factors you must think of when delegating tasks. These include:

Factors to think about
Skill Set
Remember to always refer to the area where you can find your team members skills. Who is good at scripting, art, music and animation? But it is not as simple as that. A programmer might be best in platformers , cloud variables, 3D or AI. An artist might be best at pixel, vector, signatures, backgrounds etc.
E.g. Need to make a sensor? Delegate to the programmers. Need to draw some sprites? Delegate to the artists. Simple stuff.

Skill Level
Everyone has varying experience and skills in their area. Remember to delegate complex tasks to more experienced members and easier tasks to less experienced members. Obviously, if you are just getting easy assignments, then delegate them to all members irrespective of their skill level and experience.
E.g. Need a menu and a enemy AI? delegate the menu to the less experience member and AI to the more experienced member in that area.

Available Time
Think about how busy each member is and how long the task will take. You do not want to end up overloading some members!

Assignment Splitting
Once you have considered these factors above, you can split a assignment into different tasks to delegate. For example:

Chief Executive wrote:

Hi! Please make an enemy AI for the zombies in our new game, Zombie Invasion. The AI needs to be really realistic. We also need a currency and the ability to pay to rebuild a simple barricade. Finally, we need some vector art for the character, just a face but detailed. Cheers!

Think of what this could be delegated into

Chief Executive wrote:

Hi! Please make a enemy AI for the zombies in our new game, Zombie Invasion. The AI needs to be really realistic. We also need a currency and the ability to pay to rebuild a simple barricade. Finally, we need some vector art for the character, just a face but detailed. Cheers!
*Experienced Programmer Task, AI Speciality
*Less Experienced Programming Task
*Experienced Artistic Task, Vector Speciality

Then estimate how long they will take and think “who has the skill and time for each task?” Then there are also some factors about setting the deadline you must think about. Unless it is very little work/urgent, try to set the work over a whole weekend as this gives the member plenty of time to work on the task. After considering all of this, you should know you will be doing what and the deadline.

Delegation
You should write a clear list of members, their task and the deadline on the forum thread. Make sure to make the task in as much detail as possible and label to post ‘ASSIGNMENTS’ or similar in bold and big so that it is obvious. If it gets lost in the thread or some members are less active, consider posting a link to the assignment on their profile. When assignments are not completed, it is usually because the member is inactive (so ask for a response when setting a task, better to be safe than sorry) or they did not know (make it very clear).
But there is more! Before the deadline, be sure to check with members that their tasks are going all right to see if they need any help. Considering drafting in more members to help if they are struggling.

Collect
When all the tasks are done, they may need to be compiled together in one project. However, this depends on the type of collaboration. This is your job to compile the tasks into one project, it makes it easier down the line.

Last Notes
If you doubt you will be able to complete a assignment/part of the assignment because you lack the skills or time, just tell the Chief. It is better to do that so a different team can do it or it can be sources elsewhere (a shop). There is no point wasting time on a task if it will not be used in the final project.

Any questions, just ask!

-Co49