Discuss Scratch

sonicfan12p
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crimson & Co's College of Collaboration [Student]

I did do the assignment…but perhaps I forgot to link to it. One moment then…

Comeback time? Maybe?
sonicfan12p
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here it is.

Comeback time? Maybe?
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Advanced Management - Task One - Hierarchy Essay
Please write a 260 word essay on the pros and cons of the flat and tall structures. You can include examples from my lesson but for each point, you must explain why this is good or bad for the collaboration or organisation. (essay must be 260 words or more.)

For example:
Flat Pro: There is more of a sense of creativity and sharing
Creativity - Projects and ideas are more original and members can be a part of the idea process.
Sharing - There is more cooperation within the organisation, which speeds up progress and boosts morale.

Please remember to set it out like an essay and write in your own words. Separate from the essay, please include a link to a collaboration with a tall structure and a collaboration with a flat structure. Because all the assignments in advanced management are quite lengthy, there are no deadlines, just take your time and do a little bit when you can.

Any questions? Just ask!

-Co49

Last edited by Co49 (Jan. 9, 2016 12:34:54)

ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

There are many different reasons why to create a tall structured collaboration. First of all, each person in the management section doesn't have an overload of work they have to do. Responsibility is much more spread out then it is with a flat structure. In tall structured collaborations, people may try and work extra hard to become promoted, and that leads to more activity. The are also some problems that can happen if you decide to use a tall structure. Regular members do not have as much of a say, so they may become tired or the collaboration and leave.Although it is very organized, decision making could take a while because it has to pass through all the sections.
A flat structure can be good for many different reasons. All members of the collaboration get an equal say, like how a democracy works. Decision making is much faster than it is with the tall structure. All it takes is a vote or two. In flat structures, members feel more important because they all have a say in the decision making. There are also many cons and problems that can happen while using a flat structure. The managers may get overloaded with work, because there are not many of them. This problem is generally solved by having the owners/founders of the collaboration create polls. If the votes for something are split evenly (both get the same amount of votes), it may be hard to reach a decision. This is why it is sometimes good to have more management positions.

Tall Structure - Futuristic Infinity

Flat Structure - Scratch Art Shows!

Last edited by ZLGames (Jan. 10, 2016 01:09:45)

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I shall have to resign from Standard Programming….

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Here it is.

Thanks!
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

It's really hard, and I don't understand a word you programmers say.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Aww, I don't even know if we have more than 1 student.

Programming Role-Call!

Programming with Custom Blocks Role-Call!
Crimson19
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

@CrazyGoldfish3

You have to cool it down a bit so people will come back for Advanced Programming, then you can get difficult .

@Writing Students

How's the task going?

CocoaLove
Scratcher
500+ posts

Crimson19 wrote:

@Writing Students

How's the task going?
Mostly good, although I can't say it will be done today, or tomorrow for I am very busy these two days (probably the busiest I will be this whole month…. so ya)

Last edited by CocoaLove (Jan. 9, 2016 19:11:53)

-*CocoaLove's Land of Stories*- “The world is a weird place”-Sigton

dolphin_24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well, now I'm tutoring two students in programming, and we are working on a great project. Thanks Crazy for making the class too hard! XD

Yep, rainbow and MBC. It's coming along well, and you probably never new all the experience I have from my old account!

Last edited by dolphin_24 (Jan. 9, 2016 20:57:16)

ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Advanced Management - Task One - Hierarchy Essay
Finally done!

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/147498/?page=55#post-1718765

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crimson19 wrote:

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

@CrazyGoldfish3

You have to cool it down a bit so people will come back for Advanced Programming, then you can get difficult .
If you do this I shall gladly come back.

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crimson19 wrote:

@CrazyGoldfish3

Okay…

I'll try to take out the harder Programming concepts in there, but not the Order Parts. That whole lesson was pretty much general specifics. XD

dolphin_24 wrote:

Well, now I'm tutoring two students in programming, and we are working on a great project. Thanks Crazy for making the class too hard! XD

Yep, rainbow and MBC. It's coming along well, and you probably never new all the experience I have from my old account!

XD
dolphin_24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Crimson19 wrote:

@CrazyGoldfish3

Okay…

I'll try to take out the harder Programming concepts in there, but not the Order Parts. That whole lesson was pretty much general specifics. XD

dolphin_24 wrote:

XD
XD

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ProfessorMarshmallow
Scratcher
500+ posts

When will the art lessons be continued?

Cazoy
Scratcher
500+ posts

May I do Standard Writting.

“Hey I am a Giant Boss. I like Eating Moms. When The clock Ticks I go Bom!” Monster Z
Crimson19
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cazoy wrote:

May I do Standard Writting.

Yes you may. The last lesson was posted a few posts back.

-Writer-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So what exactly is the assignment for writing

STORIES I The Paper Plane I Bananas I Winter ~ Part One I Winter ~ Part Two I Winter ~ Part Three
(\__/) “The world is a weird place.” -Sigton “MY CAPS BROKE” -Sigton
(='.'= ) “Why did you name your guitar Kyle? I thought that was my nickname!” ZLGames
(“)_(”) “My real name isn't Kyle. It's just what half of Scratch calls me now.” ZLGames | “Bitmap is easy. You just make something in vector then click ‘Convert to Bitmap’ ” - ZLGames (Kyle) | “If you think my jokes are too cheesy, you might be… LAUGHTOSE INTOLERANT!” - BlockWave's signature | “I WUV SPOODERS” - Ducky (Kyle) 1987 | “Someone is talking in your laptop, you should have it checked.” -My mom