Thought so xD

Sigton

juliemin888
Scratcher
100+ posts

Crimson & Co's College of Collaboration [Student]

Crimson19 wrote:

juliemin888 wrote:

Hello! I am the head of Ripples of Wonder, and I am here to further discuss on our partnership. (ok, I can't talk so professionally sooooo)
Could you please re-write what you wrote in my shop with simpler words? I did understand many of it, but I would like to have it simpler so I may confirm what I have read.

(this may be directed at Crimson19)

We'd like to advertise your shop on our front-page as a partner and in exchange, people who try to attain higher positions (such as a manager) need a degree from here. It's a win-win situation as you have better workers and we have more customers .
Sorry for the late reply!
This sounds great! I will make a few edits to my shop and the partnershop is confirmed!

(pun intended)
RickCall12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Doing the programming and gaming courses, was there another lesson?
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RickCall12 wrote:

^

Sigton

HarryB178
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

RickCall12 wrote:

^

Sigton

Makethebrainhappy happy gave an assignment to someone. Check his profile comments. Sorry guys for the inactivity, I have a busy life.
the_force
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm ready for another lesson

@K13Marie, @Writer and@Novakitty r my cute n sweet little sista HUG ME :D
sonicfan12p
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the_force wrote:

Comeback time? Maybe?
HarryB178
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the_force wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

the_force wrote:

Thanks guys, and I'm really sorry but I can't tutor you any longer. I'm sorry but I will have to stop being a tutor here.
the_force
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

the_force wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

the_force wrote:

Thanks guys, and I'm really sorry but I can't tutor you any longer. I'm sorry but I will have to stop being a tutor here.
ok lol does that mean i get my credentials faster

@K13Marie, @Writer and@Novakitty r my cute n sweet little sista HUG ME :D
anonymouskid
Scratcher
90 posts

Could I please start my course? I am trying to do management. Thank you!

AnonymousKid Table of Contents

Official Studio / Profile / Official Add Everything Studio
Follow, Love, and Favorite! And please don't bully. Also, click this and help encourage others to stop animal testing here

AnonymousKid is awesome!!!!!!!

Wanna chat with the ScratchCat? Check this out!
If you like that then go to this!

Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

the_force wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

the_force wrote:

Oh, thank it a shame

anonymouskid wrote:

Could I please start my course? I am trying to do management. Thank you!
Sorry but I thought that you were doing a certified collab course. I'll put you down for management but unfortunately there is a bit of a waiting list.
anonymouskid
Scratcher
90 posts

Oh, Ill do that instead for management. Thank you!

AnonymousKid Table of Contents

Official Studio / Profile / Official Add Everything Studio
Follow, Love, and Favorite! And please don't bully. Also, click this and help encourage others to stop animal testing here

AnonymousKid is awesome!!!!!!!

Wanna chat with the ScratchCat? Check this out!
If you like that then go to this!

Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

anonymouskid wrote:

Oh, Ill do that instead for management. Thank you!
Okay, you need a speciality though for us to test you in (programming, art or music.)
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Standard Management - Lesson Three - General Collaborative Skills

Common Structures of Collaborations
All collaboration structures are different, however here is one hierarchy of a collaboration. Many collaborations have set-ups similar to this but not all.

Leader
There is usually one leader per collaboration. They tend to have the last say and are responsible for the overall running of the collaboration.
Executives
Executives are members trusted by the leader and are responsible for helping the leader run the collaboration. They often have the power to hire and dismiss members. May be known as Deputy Chief, Assistant Executive and Co-leader.
Managers
Managers tend to have less power than executives and may not be able to hire and dismiss members. They are responsible for running teams within the collaboration.
Worker
Although the workers have the least power, they make up the backbone of a collaboration.

Standard Structure Similar to the hierarchy above.
Democratic Variant Similar to the hierarchy above, but members are allowed to vote on some decisions.
Community Variant This collaboration tends to be between a few friends on scratch who have equal say in decisions about the collaboration.
Massive Variant This collaboration has many members. They usually have several layers of teams and departments with many levels to the hierarchy.

Keeping Active
A collaboration is like a car. You need to keep it running so it can carry on and become a well functioning collaboration

Steering
This is the management and organisation. Ensure that there are always clear instructions and that all the members work together well. Make you you set goals, like milestones, you that you can keep on track and always have something to do.
Parts
These are the members. Ensure when members are inactive you have another member of the same skill set so that you can carry on without much delay.
Fuel
This is the tasks and assignments to do. Make sure that the fuel suits the engine (delegating the rights tasks to the right people). A lack of fuel means the car stops (see below). Tasks doesn't have to be assignments of such, it could just be a discussion or updates.
Heat
This is motivation and activity and is the most important factor! Without the heat, the fuel would not burn so the parts would not work and the steering would render useless. Without motivation, the tasks would not get done so the members would fall inactive and the management would render useless. Always make sure that your team is motivation by making real progress and making a plan for the future. See below for ways to motivate a team and keep morale up.

Cold Starts
When activity reaches rock bottom, you should consider rebooting. Make sure you do it quickly because the longer you leave it, the harder it is for the collaboration to reboot properly. Too many cold starts may also be bad for the collaboration so avoid getting into these situations by trying to keep the collaboration active. But if you do have to reboot try to make an all call (get all members to reply so you know who is active) and then start with a solid plan (or motivational speech )

Morale and Motivation
You need to keep your collaboration's morale high! You can do this by:
-Give regular updates (at least weekly) on the progress made and what needs to be done
-Make polls to see what members want or think of the collaboration
-Get the members to have a say in what project you make next, a bit of democracy (not only do this make members feel happy thta they have had a say but they will also be working on a project that they want to)
-Also think of ideas to expand the collaboration (e.g. new members, new positions, new signature, studio, next project etc.) This is great for motivation.
-If you are a manager, executive or leader in a collaboration and you are inactive or do your fair share of the collaboration's work then your members will not be motivated at all! If you are setting an example and being a role model, your members will have a higher morale.
-Make your members feel proud to join the collaboration. Make sure they are credited, put on the first post and invited to curate the collaboration's studio.
-Offering promotions to experienced members will also help!

Organisation
Write a list down of things you need to do to keep organised. It really helps!

Amy questions? Just ask
-Co49

Last edited by Co49 (Sept. 16, 2015 15:03:18)

Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Standard Management Course - Questionnaire Scenario #2
You are the leader of a collaboration which has recently fallen inactive. You have rebooted but abandoned your last project because of little progress and it is all a mess. You have organised everything but you think your team are lacking motivation. Your task is to write a survey for your members to motivate them with at least six questions. You might want to:
-Show that you value your member's opinions
-Show that you value your member's ideas during decision process making (hint hint).
-Resolve the current inactivity crisis (re-organisation?)

Be creative!
Any questions, just ask!
-Co49

Deadline: 1/03/2016

Last edited by Co49 (Feb. 26, 2016 20:58:29)

dolphin_24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If you guys need help, I can teach coding, standard management, and more.

Scratch_Hairstyles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Oh, I guess no-one was going to set me a very SIMPLE!! art assignment!
Nevermind x

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When's the next programming assignment?

Sigton