Discuss Scratch

Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crimson & Co's College of Collaboration [Student]

f_deruvo wrote:

I found your lesson very usefull, just I see you focus on important collalboration aspects and less on some specific tools to make it, like a calendar, or your “Scratch job center project”, https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/31501668/

Also I did a draft concept-map on collaboration that is more Scratch-studio-tools oiented (if you wish to use/update it)
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/98348458/
Bye

That concept map is brilliant! I drop a link in one of my management lessons if that is alright?

lillyina18909 wrote:

I need

Certified Collaborator Course
The Standard Management Course
Which one first?

16luongl1 wrote:

Is the Class D assignment on hierarchy coming soon?
There is not a lesson on hierarchy in standard management, but the next assignment will be posted today.
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Class D - Standard Management
A new lesson and assignment have been posted in the studio. You all should have completed two assignments already and read three lessons. This brings it up to three assignments and four lessons, leaving one assignment and one lesson. Then you can graduate from standard.

Class I - Advanced Management
The assignment will be posted today.
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Great! Now I'll actually read the lesson!

Last edited by MegaByteCorporations (Feb. 26, 2016 21:27:25)

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Standard Management Course - Questionnaire Scenario #2
You are the leader of a collaboration which has recently fallen inactive. You have rebooted but abandoned your last project because of little progress and it is all a mess. You have organised everything but you think your team are lacking motivation. Your task is to write a survey for your members to motivate them with at least six questions. You might want to:
-Show that you value your member's opinions
-Show that you value your member's ideas during decision process making (hint hint).
-Resolve the current inactivity crisis (re-organisation?)

Be creative!
Any questions, just ask!
-Co49

Deadline: 1/03/2016

By survey do you mean like multiple questions? (Probably sounds silly. )
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Yes, with at least six questions.
lillyina18909
Scratcher
100+ posts

Co49 wrote:

f_deruvo wrote:

I found your lesson very usefull, just I see you focus on important collalboration aspects and less on some specific tools to make it, like a calendar, or your “Scratch job center project”, https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/31501668/

Also I did a draft concept-map on collaboration that is more Scratch-studio-tools oiented (if you wish to use/update it)
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/98348458/
Bye

That concept map is brilliant! I drop a link in one of my management lessons if that is alright?

lillyina18909 wrote:

I need

Certified Collaborator Course
The Standard Management Course
Which one first?

16luongl1 wrote:

Is the Class D assignment on hierarchy coming soon?
There is not a lesson on hierarchy in standard management, but the next assignment will be posted today.

Certified collaborator course
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Yes, with at least six questions.

Alright. Here it is, then.

- Did you like the idea of our last project?
- What do you feel is the main issue with our System?
- Should we go under some form of reform?
- What form of advertisement should we go in?
- Since I'd really like to hear from you guys, I'd also like to know, how active are you on a scale from 1-10?
- What else could we do to increase the efficiency of what we do?
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

Co49 wrote:

Great! Now I'll actually read the lesson!
Woops! Meant to say “lesson” that happens a lot when I have multiple things on my mind.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Advanced Management - SDLC Assignment Part One
Gap Fill
Alpha testing is a form of _____ testing carried out by the ____ while beta testing is a form of _____ testing carried out by ______.

Users independent of the developing team, internal, developers, external

Specification Requirements >> _____ >> _____ >> Testing >> Evolution (maintenance)

Selecting the right SDLC
Below are some examples of collaborations and the project that they have chosen with a little information about them. You must choose a SDLC from the list below and give a justification of why it suits their project and collaboration.

Example: “I would select a Waterfall Model because their project is very short term and the requirements are known and unlikely to change a great deal.”

Options (Each SDLC matches to a scenario)
-Waterfall Model
-Cyclical Model
-Spiral Model
-Big Bang Model
-Incremental Model

1. Two friends working on a very small project, a simple jumping platform game.
2. A medium sized collaboration working on a platform fighter game. It is short term and a sequel to another game so the collaboration knows exactly what they are doing.
3. A medium sized collaboration working on a fairly large OS system but the requirements are a bit vague as they want to add content as they come up with it. It is a short term project.
4. A large sized collaboration working on a large OS system but the requirements may change and are vague. It is a long term project.
5. A collaboration is working on a project that requires flexibility. The manager wants to produce code quickly which must be easily tested. It must be easy to manage and it is very short term, it must be developed very quickly.

Categories
Please place these actions in to the following categories:
1. Requirement Specification
2. Design
3. Implementation
4. Testing
5. Evolution

a. Creating concept art for a game
b. Drafting the control setup
c. Releasing the game to a beta group
d. Integrating all the separate pieces of code together
e. Creating an overview flowchart of the project
f. Writing a unit of the code
g. Making a test sheet
h. Adding to the code based on feedback
i. Deciding briefly, what the project should do
j. Planning a high concept
k. Adding in extra features after release
l. Fixing bugs that beta testers’ found
m. Planning a low concept

ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Gap Fill
Alpha testing is a form of internal testing carried out by the members of the collab while beta testing is a form of external testing carried out by people independent of development team.

Specification Requirements >> Design >> Implementation >> Testing >> Evolution (maintenance)

Selecting the right SDLC
Below are some examples of collaborations and the project that they have chosen with a little information about them. You must choose a SDLC from the list below and give a justification of why it suits their project and collaboration.

Example: “I would select a Waterfall Model because their project is very short term and the requirements are known and unlikely to change a great deal.”

-Waterfall Model ✓
-Cyclical Model ✓
-Spiral Model ✓
-Big Bang Model ✓
-Incremental Model ✓

1. Two friends working on a very small project, a simple jumping platform game. Big Bang Model, becuase it is a very quick, simple project.
2. A medium sized collaboration working on a platform fighter game. It is short term and a sequel to another game so the collaboration knows exactly what they are doing. Incremental Model, becuase becuase they know exactly what they are doing and it is short term.
3. A medium sized collaboration working on a fairly large OS system but the requirements are a bit vague as they want to add content as they come up with it. It is a short term project. Spiral Model, becuase the requirements are vague, and they want to add more things as they go.
4. A large sized collaboration working on a large OS system but the requirements may change and are vague. It is a long term project. Cyclical Model
5. A collaboration is working on a project that requires flexibility. The manager wants to produce code quickly which must be easily tested. It must be easy to manage and it is very short term, it must be developed very quickly. Waterfall Model, becuase they want to create a product quickly, and it is short term.

Categories
1. Requirement Specification, b, e, i, m
2. Design, a
3. Implementation, d, f
4. Testing, c
5. Evolution, h, k, l

a. Creating concept art for a game ✓
b. Drafting the control setup ✓
c. Releasing the game to a beta group ✓
d. Integrating all the separate pieces of code together ✓
e. Creating an overview flowchart of the project ✓
f. Writing a unit of the code ✓
g. Making a test sheet Huh? Whats a test sheet?
h. Adding to the code based on feedback ✓
i. Deciding briefly, what the project should do ✓
j. Planning a high concept What does this mean?
k. Adding in extra features after release ✓
l. Fixing bugs that beta testers’ found ✓
m. Planning a low concept ✓
Just reserving this post for my to post my response.

All the red is my responses. I am still adding more.

The blue is where I have questions, or need clarification.

Last edited by ZLGames (Feb. 27, 2016 00:14:45)

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Standard Management Course - Questionnaire Scenario #2
You are the leader of a collaboration which has recently fallen inactive. You have rebooted but abandoned your last project because of little progress and it is all a mess. You have organised everything but you think your team are lacking motivation. Your task is to write a survey for your members to motivate them with at least six questions. You might want to:
-Show that you value your member's opinions
-Show that you value your member's ideas during decision process making (hint hint).
-Resolve the current inactivity crisis (re-organisation?)

Be creative!
Any questions, just ask!
-Co49

Deadline: 1/03/2016
I am @16luongl1, but I'm switching to this account for easier spelling. Please update the course accordingly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I've had to do something like this previously… so.

My answer:
Rebooting – Questionnaire
Unfortunately our collaboration has fallen inactive. We are going to reboot – but before that we will reorganize. I need your commitment. I need your activity. I need your involvement, expertise, your skills. Your support. That's why this questionnaire is also an all call – respond within a week or be cut. We can't afford to die again, guys.

In order to reorganize and therefore ensure that our rebooted collaboration will be successful, please fill out this questionnaire so that we can take in your opinions and suggestions, and use them. Your input is important – your input will lead us away from failure… again.

1. Why do you think the collaboration fell inactive?
  2. How could the collaboration's management and leadership be improved?
  3. If not the same answer as the above question, how could the organization of the collaboration be improved?
  4. How could we improve the productivity of the collaboration?
  5. How could we enforce activity and completion of assigned tasks?
  6. Should we hire anymore members, and if so, what kind of people should we look for?
  7. How could we improve communication within the collaboration?
  8. Should we rename the collaboration, and if so, what should we call it?
  9. In what other ways could we prevent inactivity?
  10. Do you have anything else to add?

Under Reconstruction
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

/\Very well worded.

MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZLGames wrote:

-snip-
Categories
1. Requirement Specification, b, e, i, m
2. Design, a
3. Implementation, d, f
4. Testing, c
5. Evolution, h, k, l

a. Creating concept art for a game ✓
b. Drafting the control setup ✓
c. Releasing the game to a beta group ✓
d. Integrating all the separate pieces of code together ✓
e. Creating an overview flowchart of the project ✓
f. Writing a unit of the code ✓
g. Making a test sheet Huh? Whats a test sheet?
h. Adding to the code based on feedback ✓
i. Deciding briefly, what the project should do ✓
j. Planning a high concept What does this mean?
k. Adding in extra features after release ✓
l. Fixing bugs that beta testers’ found ✓
m. Planning a low concept ✓
-snip-

I don't take Advanced Management, but wouldn't b. Drafting the control setup fall under Design? I'd put g. under Testing (a test sheet is essentially a review/evaluation of a testing), but I'm not sure about high concept – I think that's Design, but I'm not sure, it could be Design Spec. Same question low concept.

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

/\Very well worded.
Thanks!

Last edited by MicroWolf (Feb. 27, 2016 12:18:58)

Under Reconstruction
ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MicroWolf wrote:

I don't take Advanced Management, but wouldn't b. Drafting the control setup fall under Design? I'd put g. under Testing (a test sheet is essentially a review/evaluation of a testing), but I'm not sure about high concept – I think that's Design, but I'm not sure, it could be Design Spec. Same question low concept.
You are probably right. These aren't my final answers, I'm still working.

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Gap Fill
Alpha testing is a form of internal testing carried out by the developers while beta testing is a form of external testing carried out by users independent of the developing team.

Specification Requirements >> Design >> Implementation >> Testing >> Evolution (maintenance)

Selecting the right SDLC

-Waterfall Model
-Cyclical Model
-Spiral Model
-Big Bang Model
-Incremental Model

1. Two friends working on a very small project, a simple jumping platform game. I would choose the Big Bang model, because it is good for small games that don't have large teams(usually with only two people working on the project.).
2. A medium sized collaboration working on a platform fighter game. It is short term and a sequel to another game so the collaboration knows exactly what they are doing. =I would choose a waterfall model, because it is easy to manipulate and is good for fixed requirements, and since this project is a sequel, they know what they need.
3. A medium sized collaboration working on a fairly large OS system but the requirements are a bit vague as they want to add content as they come up with it. It is a short term project. I would choose the Cyclical Model, because it is good for projects without a full set of requirements, and these guys don't know what they need.
4. A large sized collaboration working on a large OS system but the requirements may change and are vague. It is a long term project. I would choose Spiral Model, because it is good for projects with vague requirements.
5. A collaboration is working on a project that requires flexibility. The manager wants to produce code quickly which must be easily tested. It must be easy to manage and it is very short term, it must be developed very quickly. I would choose the Incremental Model, because it creates code quickly and is easily tested.

Categories
1. Requirement Specification i
2. Design a b f m j
3. Implementation d
4. Testing c g
5. Evolution e h k L

a. Creating concept art for a game
b. Drafting the control setup
c. Releasing the game to a beta group
d. Integrating all the separate pieces of code together
e. Creating an overview flowchart of the project
f. Writing a unit of the code
g. Making a test sheet
h. Adding to the code based on feedback
i. Deciding briefly, what the project should do
j. Planning a high concept
k. Adding in extra features after release
l. Fixing bugs that beta testers’ found
m. Planning a low concept

Last edited by MegaByteCorporations (March 3, 2016 21:18:52)

Invisblemario
Scratcher
100+ posts

Could I become a student again? (Standard Programming)

Hi!
when green flag clicked
forever
if <(you meet me) = [true]> then
say [Hi!]
end
end
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Invisblemario wrote:

Yes, you can, but I will have to release the Lesson. It is a very hard thing to put myself up to.
Invisblemario
Scratcher
100+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Invisblemario wrote:

Yes, you can, but I will have to release the Lesson. It is a very hard thing to put myself up to.
When will that be?

Hi!
when green flag clicked
forever
if <(you meet me) = [true]> then
say [Hi!]
end
end
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts