braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crimson & Co's College of Collaboration [Student]

ZLGames wrote:

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

LegusScratcher wrote:

How do I sign up for a class?
You ask for a class, and the Tutor of that class will either accept or deny you.
I'll correct you:

The tutor will either accept or accept you.

You cannot be denied for joining a course.
Well, the tutor can choose not to take you in a class at that time

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll reply to everything very soon.
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Did I say it could be in Forums? Probably, though I prefer it to be more privatized so other students don't look right at it.

Also, for those Programming Students who thought I was going to release the Lesson, sorry, but it turned out Saturday was an extremely busy day for me.
MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Am I allowed to take two courses at once? By which I mean something like a SPeC

Under Reconstruction
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@braxbroscratcher
Well done, you passed that section.

@sonicfan12p
Great work, you passed that task.

@Class I
I'll do a lesson on voting then.

@MegaByteCorporations
e. Creating an overview flowchart of the project (sorry, I made a mistake, it should be design)
The design stage includes making the details of the project and how it will work. Code for the main project is not written here though.

@ProfessorMarshmallow and rainbow_waves
We are going through reorganization, so hopefully the new art tutor will be decided very soon.

@SashaGeorge
Sure, I'll send you some links soon!

@MicroWolf
You need to complete an advanced degree before moving onto a SPeC in that field.
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

@MegaByteCorporations
e. Creating an overview flowchart of the project (sorry, I made a mistake, it should be design)
The design stage includes making the details of the project and how it will work. Code for the main project is not written here though.

Okay, that makes sense.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
f_deruvo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Co49 wrote:

@f_deruvo

First Assignment: Yep, well done, you passed this section.

Second Assignment: Just read what I wrote in red below to correct your answer.
Answers (Hiring Scenario #2)
Username: Joe123 (reject)
> I suggest this course to learn management Good
Username: none (I can see from code what he did't wrote)
> I would motivate to join Could you explain this is a bit more detailed please?
He didn't write information, I feel he has not interest in project. I try to understnd why he missed to complete the form.

Username: FrostyNight6 (accept)
> Great works. Thamks to join us. Please add a longer justification
His work is good and he is used to work in group and scratcher likes him or his work.

Username: PaintyHappy (accept)
> Great works. Thamks to join us.
Username: VectorTractor
> Great works. Thamks to join us.
There is only one space for an artist so you must chose between PaintHappy and VectorTractor and please say why
I ask who has more time for this project, and I give trust to both. But I look who is best with vector graphics too.

Third Assignment: This was great! Well done.

Adv: Guess-who (game) - Marrakech (game) - Info-map (tool)
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

For custom blocks lesson:

Clicky Here!

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
f_deruvo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Co49 wrote:

f_deruvo wrote:

I found your lesson very usefull, just I see you focus on important collalboration aspects and less on some specific tools to make it, like a calendar, or your “Scratch job center project”, https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/31501668/

Also I did a draft concept-map on collaboration that is more Scratch-studio-tools oiented (if you wish to use/update it)
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/98348458/
Bye

That concept map is brilliant! I drop a link in one of my management lessons if that is alright?

OK I enjoy if you use it.
I would add a collaboration task "information system design" to make it simple and working as much as possible.

An idea is to use the remix.tree more. when a new project start we could make two emply childs (graphics and coding)
You have to see this as an upside-down tree.
developing stuff may be added at the same time for the project..

This is anoher way to keep a connenction that will be used by tester, project manager , etc…

Last edited by f_deruvo (March 8, 2016 14:23:08)

braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also, is there advanced custom blocks stuffs? Because I would be interested in teaching that…

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

@MicroWolf
You need to complete an advanced degree before moving onto a SPeC in that field.
Got it. I'm waiting for the last lesson!

Under Reconstruction
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@f_deruvo
That is great! Well done you passed that section.

Class D
A new lesson and assignment have been posted.
f_deruvo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Standard Management - Creative Scenario #4

Now, an easier assignment to finish off your course. You are told by your Chief Executive to create a system for inactivity. This should include:
1. How members can take leave (Is there a limit? Is there a form?)
2. What is the warning system and processes for inactivity (Are there official warnings? Or something more friendly? Include at what criteria too such as one month without posting for something).

Your response should be as if you are writing back to your Chief. Explain why you chose to design something in a specific way. It doesn't have to be too long.

It's not easy, as we are not paid for activity and we can't do meeting face to face (to trust each other).
Not all members have the same motivation. But I suppose we trust a little after some time.
I create a studio for chat and I promise I remove the studio after the chat (or he can create and remove).
I try to understand if it'a a matter of time (no problem) or if he miss something like credit/feedback/responsability/satisfation
then I keep a private table were I write if he feel ok or not.

1. member can leave with a simple comment
2. warning system is an informal request comment on his most recent project (if stalled more than a week) for 3 times . and the above personal chat.
3. should be nice to implement a reporting system (python) that check stalled projects

So if I pass this, I can ask for another course (or join in a collaboration)? What do you think about?
Is there a list of active collaborations, I can read about and learn more about how they works? Thanks very much

—————————————————————————————————————————-
..advertising
Join this long term collab . @classroom16 or give your idea as supporter.

Last edited by f_deruvo (March 9, 2016 10:50:40)

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Class D
A new lesson and assignment have been posted.

Got it!

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Also, is there advanced custom blocks stuffs? Because I would be interested in teaching that…

If there is, it will most likely be me teaching it.

MathlyCat wrote:

For custom blocks lesson:

Clicky Here!

Cool! I'll check it out when the time is up.
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Now, an easier assignment to finish off your course. You are told by your Chief Executive to create a system for inactivity. This should include:
2. What is the warning system and processes for inactivity (Are there official warnings? Or something more friendly? Include at what criteria too such as one month without posting for something).

Your response should be as if you are writing back to your Chief. Explain why you chose to design something in a specific way. It doesn't have to be too long.

Good Luck! Once you have done this, you can get your certificate!

-Co49

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Hello Chief!
After some careful thought, I've done what you asked, and now have a foolproof inactivity system. First of, let's look at Leave. Obviously, this is necessary, and I've created a form for it, so that we will be more efficient with these matters:

Username:
Expected Time to be Gone:
Reason:
Other:

This allows for us to know who we are losing, for how long, and why. We will keep track of it on a list, that will be put on the FP, and will give each member a week extra when they go on Leave, in case something happened. That brings us to our next thing: Dealing with Inactivity. There are 2 scenarios: 1) A member is long overdue from their leave, or 2) A member has just gone somewhere away from the Shop/Collaboration. What we will do then, for Scenario 1, is give them a friendly reminder on their Profile. This is if they are 3 days over the week extra we give them. Then, if they don't respond for a week, we give them a warning, this one still relaxed. Another 5 days fly by, and we give a final, urgent warning. If this warning is not responded to in at least 5 days, we sign the User up for Release, in which we use this form:

Username:
Reason Released:
Result:

and notify the user of their Release. The Result box stands for what the outcome will be, ex: Can't join until 2 weeks pass. If we are in Scenario 2, then we follow the same process, except notify them 1 1/2 weeks after they were last seen posting.

I hope you enjoy this, and thanks- CrazyGoldfish3

Great Lesson, by the way!

Last edited by CrazyGoldfish3 (March 9, 2016 01:04:40)

MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Good Luck! Once you have done this, you can get your certificate!

-Co49
Yay!
But you call this an easier assignment? It required the most work.

I've finished the task set, [name of chief here].

System for Inactivity

Taking Leave
Members can choose to take leave whenever they want, as there is no way to control when or when not they are busy outside of Scratch. As such, there is no limit to the number of members on leave, as long as they fill in the appropriate form, which is below:
Username:
Length of leave:
Reason for leave:

Inactivity
Every two or three weeks, an all call will be posted on the forum topic. Those who haven't replied, who aren't on leave, will be marked as inactive.
Those who fail to complete their assignments and do not post on the forum topic will also be marked as inactive. This will be done by coloring their username red on the members list.

When a member is marked as inactive, the following procedure will be followed:
  1. A query on the forum thread (in the case of an all call, a list of members who have not responded)
  2. After two days, an informal query on their profile, and notification to the chief/owner of the collaboration
  3. After three days, a formal warning on both the thread and on their profile.
  4. After four days, a formal, final warning on both the thread and on their profile.
  5. After three days, dismissal.

Thanks.

Last edited by MicroWolf (March 11, 2016 08:42:10)

Under Reconstruction
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thanks for the three new assignments, they'll be marked shortly.
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3, MicroWolf and f_deruvo
Congratulations, you have all passed Standard Management! Certificates shall be posted.

@f_deruvo

f_deruvo wrote:

So if I pass this, I can ask for another course (or join in a collaboration)? What do you think about?
Is there a list of active collaborations, I can read about and learn more about how they works? Thanks very much
No problem! Whatever you feel like doing. I'd suggest joining a collaboration as it is the best way to learn about these things. There is a directory list on the collaboration section although this is outdated. Surf the request section for shops or the collaboration section for collabs and just find one that is active and that you like the sound of. Some collaboration guides are here and here. If you want to know how collaborations work, I suggest joining one.
k9lego
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A while back I signed up for the customer service course. Are you still doing it?

Last edited by k9lego (March 14, 2016 02:24:36)

- Let's Eat  Grandma! This is a hidden advertisement for the Collab Hyper Cloud Inc. :)
- Let's Eat, Grandma!
Commas Save Lives!

Nothing Much here…

If you want to reply to me, please comment with the link to the topic “On my profile page”. thanks. k9lego
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

CrazyGoldfish3, MicroWolf and f_deruvo
Congratulations, you have all passed Standard Management! Certificates shall be posted.

Amazing! Thanks!