Discuss Scratch

ArjunGupta2012
Scratcher
17 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 118.0.0.0, No Flash version detected
Cloudmonitor feature not working…

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(This is not related to anything above the line)

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/851929492/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/746563269/

Please add these projects to your studios, this project can inspire others to make more than small projects, please feature this project in your profile
and check out Creation Studio ( https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/28449712 )
Blockbit_Banker
New to Scratch
4 posts

NMario84 wrote:

No one in the Scratch Community outside of Scratch Team can do anything about it….. It's only the Scratch Team and/or their (paid, then laid off) engineers that worked on the cloud data.

We either do the "wait and see if they (eventually) fix it", or just accept the fact that older projects pre-cloud data maintenance service will remain broken for all time.

Though the only thing we CAN do for ourselves is just create new projects using the updated cloud data servers. Nothing we can do about old data at this point.

NMario84 wrote:

No one in the Scratch Community outside of Scratch Team can do anything about it….. It's only the Scratch Team and/or their (paid, then laid off) engineers that worked on the cloud data.

We either do the "wait and see if they (eventually) fix it", or just accept the fact that older projects pre-cloud data maintenance service will remain broken for all time.

Though the only thing we CAN do for ourselves is just create new projects using the updated cloud data servers. Nothing we can do about old data at this point.
noooo! ill do anything!!! ill even donate more or smh? why must the ST do this??????
BayArea34562
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Blockbit_Banker wrote:

noooo! ill do anything!!! ill even donate more or smh? why must the ST do this??????
They are very lazy. I doubt the “we are a non-profit and understaffed so we can't do anything” excuse is true.
DevTAS
Scratcher
57 posts

scratch’s code is made in scratch

HallucinatingDev (or devtas)
decent scratcher, platformer enjoyer

omg is that the cologne plushie

certified geometry dasher
american
DevTAS
Scratcher
57 posts

just because your “non-profit and understaffed” doesnt give you the reason to delete 10+ years WORTH of scratch history and disappoint thousands of scratchers (who dont get a voice on anything!)

please grow and change as a company

Last edited by DevTAS (Oct. 18, 2023 23:11:16)

american
DevTAS
Scratcher
57 posts

people who don’t seem to have a voice on something and have to sit and follow harsh guidelines

that reminds me of a certain area of land that fell in 1991

american
ohwowanaccount16
Scratcher
17 posts

kyrasingh2 wrote:

well this is cool
SORT OF NECROPOSTING ALERT!!!

oh, hello!
mas6y6
Scratcher
100+ posts

Well the scratch team emailed me that it's out of their control

Hi i am mas6y6 i am the maker and owner for Scratch Cloud

Its a Scratch in Scratch Project

======
The Cloud Web has been discontinued
curlyfry1burn
Scratcher
2 posts

Hi guys

Is it just my computer or is this a thing, whenever I change sprite my scratch project freezes for a couple of seconds
has this happened to any of you guys?

Follow me!

at 10000 followers I will post something HUGE!!!
colinmacc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mas6y6 wrote:

Can you post the message here?

Sample Projects

medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mas6y6 wrote:

How??
Also, I just created a new project, and I was able to increase the variable, but the cloud monitor isn't even loading. But my old project doesn't appear to change at all, I might have to just create a new update then and do whatever that method was:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/718253352/

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mas6y6 wrote:

Out of their control, huh? Well, I guess that is “somewhat” better than nothing.

Though honestly, maybe they shouldn't have cloud data available if this is just too much for them to handle. Maybe perhaps an alternate source besides cloud data that is maybe easier to handle?
-Cool-Toons-
Scratcher
50 posts

E

Hello it -Cool-Toons- Here!
  • I'm Really Good Animator!
Click On My Profile Picture And Being So Cool!
Have a Great Day!

My Profile!
TestCA1EB
Scratcher
68 posts

if cloud variables do ever get fixed that means that they still care and so i would be kind of annoyed if cloud lists didnt make it

I am TestCA1EB and I have a signature.
when green flag clicked
forever
say [Scratch Is Yes]
end
red_courier
New to Scratch
2 posts

when ever i connect a repeat block to a define hat the repeat block defaults to 1 no matter what the digit is
define 
repeat ()

end
TestCA1EB
Scratcher
68 posts

red_courier wrote:

when ever i connect a repeat block to a define hat the repeat block defaults to 1 no matter what the digit is
define 
repeat ()

end
this is the wrong forum for that

when green flag clicked
forever
say [Scratch Is Yes]
end
red_courier
New to Scratch
2 posts

TestCA1EB wrote:

red_courier wrote:

define 
repeat ()

end
the point is if i need a custom block to repeat a section of its code let's say five times. the number of times it will be done is will always default to one.
the problem amplifies when the custom block is needed for use in other custom blocks.
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

red_courier wrote:

TestCA1EB wrote:

red_courier wrote:

define 
repeat ()

end
the point is if i need a custom block to repeat a section of its code let's say five times. the number of times it will be done is will always default to one.
the problem amplifies when the custom block is needed for use in other custom blocks.

Dude, it is STILL the wrong forum to post this.

I suggest you to look at Help with Scripts if you have an issue about coding something, or if its an actual bug, then create a new topic in bugs section. Do NOT de-rail this topic please.

Last edited by NMario84 (Oct. 21, 2023 02:27:27)

TestCA1EB
Scratcher
68 posts

NMario84 wrote:

red_courier wrote:

TestCA1EB wrote:

red_courier wrote:

define 
repeat ()

end

Dude, it is STILL the wrong forum to post this.

I suggest you to look at Help with Scripts if you have an issue about coding something, or if its an actual bug, then create a new topic in bugs section. Do NOT de-rail this topic please.
^^^

when green flag clicked
forever
say [Scratch Is Yes]
end
mas6y6
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ok everyone here is the email

Hi i am mas6y6 i am the maker and owner for Scratch Cloud