Discuss Scratch

dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

colinmacc wrote:

Leiferde wrote:

I wrote to support because I haven't been able to evaluate my cloud variables for a long time. They answered me that there are currently no problems. Now that I'm reading something different here, I'm irritated.

Really? That's ridiculous. They're so obviously broken.
I'll send an email to contact us too.

No one ever responded to the message that I sent.

I made a thing and it's kind of fun :

Columns3m — Incursion
lZXTVhCSVlr
Scratcher
13 posts

dave3m wrote:

colinmacc wrote:

Leiferde wrote:

I wrote to support because I haven't been able to evaluate my cloud variables for a long time. They answered me that there are currently no problems. Now that I'm reading something different here, I'm irritated.

Really? That's ridiculous. They're so obviously broken.
I'll send an email to contact us too.

No one ever responded to the message that I sent.
i think cloud variables do work, its only the cloudmonitor that's not working
(my theory, (could be wrong))

Last edited by lZXTVhCSVlr (Oct. 10, 2023 14:53:39)

colinmacc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So I re-ran my test of a month ago with a new project, and now the cloud variable works as expected. No renaming required.

But the variable in the original project is still broken.

Sample Projects

NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Whatever the case is, cloud data is, and will forever be broken!
That is all.

They might as well remove the cloud feature entirely at this point. It would stop users from attempting to create all these unmoderated chat rooms and cloud based paint/art projects, which I suspect was the majority issue.
There was at one point some ppl using python scripts to hack cloud data projects to do dirty things, which also could have broke cloud data.
Haywardlee
Scratcher
3 posts

Why cloud variable no work when there’s no people in game?
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It would be interesting if they had a camera or something so we could see what's going on behind the scenes of whatever Scratch Team has left after the outages of Cloud Data projects that can't be.helped for whatever reason. Its obvious they don't even pay attention to these forums any more anyway.

I guess this is what happens when you manage a coding platform that is completely free, and dedicated to kids all over the world. No money, no proper company management.
ohwowanaccount16
Scratcher
17 posts

NMario84 wrote:

It would be interesting if they had a camera or something so we could see what's going on behind the scenes of whatever Scratch Team has left after the outages of Cloud Data projects that can't be helped for whatever reason. Its obvious they don't even pay attention to these forums any more anyway.

I guess this is what happens when you manage a coding platform that is completely free, and dedicated to kids all over the world. No money, no proper company management.
i guess what you said “No money, no proper company management.” is just proof we live in a society.

oh, hello!
ohwowanaccount16
Scratcher
17 posts

Haywardlee wrote:

Why cloud variable no work when there’s no people in game?
its because cloud variables are broken.

Last edited by ohwowanaccount16 (Oct. 12, 2023 02:18:54)

oh, hello!
sumiyuwa
Scratcher
100+ posts

クラウドデータの履歴の読み込みが異常に長く見れません
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sumiyuwa wrote:

Translated (JPN –> ENG):

Cloud data history takes an abnormally long time to load and cannot be viewed.

Isn't this an English only forum? There is a Forum Section specifically for other languages.

Also, everyone is already aware of the cloud loading. There's nothing they can do about it because of all what we know, they could have lost the engineers.

Last edited by NMario84 (Oct. 14, 2023 02:55:13)

sumiyuwa
Scratcher
100+ posts

NMario84 wrote:

sumiyuwa wrote:

Translated (JPN –> ENG):

Cloud data history takes an abnormally long time to load and cannot be viewed.

Isn't this an English only forum? There is a Forum Section specifically for other languages.

Also, everyone is already aware of the cloud loading. There's nothing they can do about it because of all what we know, they could have lost the engineers.

That's right.
We'll just have to wait a while.
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheFarmy wrote:

sdg1 wrote:

FlippyCatFan wrote:

what did you add to the cloud variables? I cant read ur mind.

No feature additions - it's just code cleanup and performance tweaks.
Yo cloud lists ain’t working buddy

As previously stated before, NO “OLDER” projects cloud variables have been working.
The cloud data logs seem to be referencing a site which no longer works (or something), which is why it keeps “loading forever”.

Only new projects created POST site maintenance is where cloud data works. I have no clue why Scratch Team decided this option, but it is what it is.
redhorse26_1
Scratcher
23 posts

Cloud monitor is broken and cloud variables only save if the project creator changed it.
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NMario84 wrote:

medians wrote:

Well I guess rip 10 years of cloud projects lol

Yea. Pretty much……. All leaderboards….. All High Scores….. All Speedrun records….. All cloud pixel art paintings…

ALL of it IRRELEVENT Because of decisions with execution of cloud data servers, as well as engineering layoffs.
Wow… that's very disappointing. That would've been cool to check out in older versions of scratch. Too bad I missed it already.

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I kind of wonder if this “method” they're using to render OLD cloud data projects useless in order to “clean up” unmoderated projects such as cloud art. Considering these are “technically” not allowed, and that there have been some inappropriate stuff going on with these cloud projects months ago.

Or maybe they really just don't care about old cloud data projects. Life goes on.
Blockbit_Banker
New to Scratch
4 posts

I think that they just take a really long time to update, an upwards of 5 minutes maybe? (my theory)
TestCA1EB
Scratcher
68 posts

Blockbit_Banker wrote:

I think that they just take a really long time to update, an upwards of 5 minutes maybe? (my theory)
youre a new scratcher so it wouldnt even affect you until you got to scratcher status but no, i dont think its just delayed

I am TestCA1EB and I have a signature.
when green flag clicked
forever
say [Scratch Is Yes]
end
kyrasingh2
Scratcher
27 posts

well this is cool
Blockbit_Banker
New to Scratch
4 posts

TestCA1EB wrote:

Blockbit_Banker wrote:

youre a new scratcher so it wouldnt even affect you until you got to scratcher status but no, i dont think its just delayed
ok well how do we fix it
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No one in the Scratch Community outside of Scratch Team can do anything about it….. It's only the Scratch Team and/or their (paid, then laid off) engineers that worked on the cloud data.

We either do the "wait and see if they (eventually) fix it", or just accept the fact that older projects pre-cloud data maintenance service will remain broken for all time.

Though the only thing we CAN do for ourselves is just create new projects using the updated cloud data servers. Nothing we can do about old data at this point.

Last edited by NMario84 (Oct. 18, 2023 04:39:53)