Discuss Scratch

Zytue67
Scratcher
9 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

I made a cloud username list, which decodes the the username etc. So it works, but when I reload the page IT DOES NOT SAVE IT TO THE CLOUD VARIABLE. I tested it on turbowarp to see if it would work on there, and IT DID. So that means something is wrong with scratch's cloud variables. Are they trying to fix this, or is there a fix I can do?

-> project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1020053560/
dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

Zytue67 wrote:

I made a cloud username list, which decodes the the username etc. So it works, but when I reload the page IT DOES NOT SAVE IT TO THE CLOUD VARIABLE. I tested it on turbowarp to see if it would work on there, and IT DID. So that means something is wrong with scratch's cloud variables. Are they trying to fix this, or is there a fix I can do?

You appear to have the classic symptoms of the “broken cloud variable” problem where it is still a cloud variable and updates the cloud history log, but does not load the current value of the variable when starting up the project. This has been an ongoing issue on Scratch, even for new projects during the past several months. To avoid it, rename it after you first create a cloud variable. It is odd, but it is the current state of affairs.

You can likely resolve this by renaming your cloud variable (you can rename it back again afterwards, if you wish). This usually corrects the problem, possibly by re-registering the variable with the cloud server.

I made a thing and it's kind of fun :

Columns3m — Incursion
TheUltimateHoodie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dave3m wrote:

Zytue67 wrote:

You appear to have the classic symptoms of the “broken cloud variable” problem where it is still a cloud variable and updates the cloud history log, but does not load the current value of the variable when starting up the project. This has been an ongoing issue on Scratch, even for new projects during the past several months. To avoid it, rename it after you first create a cloud variable. It is odd, but it is the current state of affairs.

You can likely resolve this by renaming your cloud variable (you can rename it back again afterwards, if you wish). This usually corrects the problem, possibly by re-registering the variable with the cloud server.
except that cloud variable servers are completely down

can somebody give me something to put in my signature
dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

except that cloud variable servers are completely down

They have been back up since Monday,

I made a thing and it's kind of fun :

Columns3m — Incursion
ayaanh6
Scratcher
12 posts

Cloud variables seem to be back up for most people but I'm still having issues with setting cloud variables on my games. Don't really understand what's going on but it seems to be the same problem as last time, and cloud logs are back up again so I can at least see what the problems are.

@ayaanh6, Game Designer & Very Old Scratcher
KROKOBIL
Scratcher
100+ posts

ayaanh6 wrote:

Cloud variables seem to be back up for most people but I'm still having issues with setting cloud variables on my games. Don't really understand what's going on but it seems to be the same problem as last time, and cloud logs are back up again so I can at least see what the problems are.
Try renaming the cloud variables, you can rename them back afterwards.

Magst du in meinem Studio für deutsche Scratcher mitmachen?
ayaanh6
Scratcher
12 posts

KROKOBIL wrote:

ayaanh6 wrote:

I did that, it didn't work for me.

KROKOBIL
Scratcher
100+ posts

ayaanh6 wrote:

KROKOBIL wrote:

ayaanh6 wrote:

did you you backpack them? open the rename window and check if the cloud emoji ☁️ is in the text edit. If so, it is just a normal variable. Tutorial how to fix this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8W6ebLc4Mo4

Magst du in meinem Studio für deutsche Scratcher mitmachen?
Sanumient_Union
Scratcher
26 posts

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 124.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

There's a bug where make that the Cloud variable gets a wrong Value. Here is a test:

(A user had say: *IDK what he say*, but if i watch the cloud on my project, theres the old value and not the most recent.) Help me to fix that problem.

After save the project, he say “AAAAAAAAAAAA”, adding a new effect sound, but after view the most recent comments, Just stay: “AAAAAAAAAAAA” and that cloud variable doesn't add the new comment

My project is called: “Spammy comment” (Made by Me “Sanumient_Union”). Thank you

Before that Purple theme, There was less bugs, but That scratch after add the Purple theme, appears more bugs.

Oh hi. You want to view a public chat or anything else? There is:
Spammy comment Voice Chat
Zytue67
Scratcher
9 posts

dave3m wrote:

Zytue67 wrote:

Thank You, it works now!!! (It is weird though)
Ernestor5
Scratcher
1 post

define 
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sanumient_Union wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 124.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

There's a bug where make that the Cloud variable gets a wrong Value. Here is a test:

(A user had say: *IDK what he say*, but if i watch the cloud on my project, theres the old value and not the most recent.) Help me to fix that problem.

After save the project, he say “AAAAAAAAAAAA”, adding a new effect sound, but after view the most recent comments, Just stay: “AAAAAAAAAAAA” and that cloud variable doesn't add the new comment

My project is called: “Spammy comment” (Made by Me “Sanumient_Union”). Thank you

Before that Purple theme, There was less bugs, but That scratch after add the Purple theme, appears more bugs.
Cloud variables do not support letters.

<Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper | 6000+ Posts>

Credit to -gge for the icons in my signature | I condensed all this code into five lines using [p] tags, idk why

Valeo24
Scratcher
81 posts

Hello - where is the variable option to set it to set it to just “”for this sprite only“”

when I receive [@Valeo24 here v]
repeat (length of [forum])
if <someone has a question> then
set [ post] to [(answer)]
end
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Valeo24 wrote:

Hello - where is the variable option to set it to set it to just “”for this sprite only“”
It only shows if you're in a sprite.

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
Boss_1s
Scratcher
100+ posts

Volcanoscratch wrote:

Hello, I'd like to talk about a very big bug…

⛔ CAUTION THIS IS JUST A THEORY ⛔
Hello, I would like to announce to all scratcheurs that according to a theory, it is now IMPOSSIBLE to go in trend for the simple and good reason that we reached the billion of scratch project… but it is because of this so big number I imagine that it is impossible to go in trend AND,I HAVE A VERY SIMPLE PROOF, go in explore and click on any trend project you will see that their ID is below the billion. I therefore hope that the St will fix this bug which is very restrictive for us like @-Fixo- , @Scratcheurscratch and many others who have recently shared projects and who largely had the stats to be in trends… but it was not the case…

Please scratch team fix this problem…

*Translated in English*

I'am french…
If you would like to report a bug, please create a new topic in the Bugs and Glitches forum instead of posting on an unrelated topic. Thanks!

Do <Highlight+shift+down arrow ::sensing> to see the rest of my signature. ::hat :: events

Generation 11: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your signature in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature

Blocks Scratch should have:
substring [letter#1] [letter#2] [string] ::operators //finds the string between a string
pause [this script v] for (1) seconds ::control
(() or ()::operators)
(() and ()::operators) //same as the boolean, but for reporting
<my boolean ::variables> //only stores true or false
show all variables::variables
hide all variable::variables
show all lists::list
hide all lists::list
…and more!

Alt accounts: @Boss_1sALT(for cloud testing and other stuff), @Boss_1sARCHIVE(Archive of older game versions)

Hi, my name is @Boss_1s!
I'm 12 years old, and I joined Scratch to relearn block coding.
Other projects:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/869604293/ - cool MMO platformer
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/792424859/ - This is my first ORIGINAL game.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/914686250/ - NEW! Remixed an RPG from Griffpatch, though it's pretty boring right now…
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/895107188/ - NEW! Safe chat with anyone on Scratch, whitelist is present
Secret Special Advanced Project (SSAdP): COMPLETED!!! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/946720515/

Predominant Languages:
I speak American English and Chinese.
我說美文和中文。

That's all for my signature, folks! cya!
Volcanoscratch
Scratcher
23 posts

ok sry again…

✦Animator ✂️ Create Games✏️
✦ Passionate about volcanoes
✦⭐️ 1600+/2000 ⭐️
✦NO F4F ❌
✦ #TeamVolcano
bavin2
Scratcher
7 posts

If you backpack a cloud var and put it on a project with 10 cloud vars then you have an 11th cloud var
SCRATCH TEAM FIX THIS
ayaanh6
Scratcher
12 posts

KROKOBIL wrote:

ayaanh6 wrote:

KROKOBIL wrote:

ayaanh6 wrote:

did you you backpack them? open the rename window and check if the cloud emoji ☁️ is in the text edit. If so, it is just a normal variable. Tutorial how to fix this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8W6ebLc4Mo4
Update: I actually didn't have problems with code. It was simply that my IRL testers were all new scratchers, so they didn't affect the cloud variables. After looking at the cloud logs, I saw that people who were scratchers could change records, play count, etc. Problem fixed!

Master-p0st-Scratch
Scratcher
0 posts

Hello, I posted a project on Scratch, but it doesn't come up if I type it in the search box, only when one looks inside my profile.

I have been trying to figure my head around this for about 2 months now. My projects before & after have always been okay, no problems, no nothing. One of my only theories is that because it is such a large game, including many animations, sprites, sounds, blocks, etc, that maybe the Scratch cannot import all of the data into the website for people to see. The only thing that I am questioning is why I see and play the game only in my profile, but not out on the web. It might not sound too bad, but it has been blocking a lot of views, and comments that I could have easily have gotten. Please fix this, it is a devastating glitch, and it needs to be solved as quickly as possible.

Sincerely: Gio
ayaanh6
Scratcher
12 posts

Master-p0st-Scratch wrote:

Hello, I posted a project on Scratch, but it doesn't come up if I type it in the search box, only when one looks inside my profile.

I have been trying to figure my head around this for about 2 months now. My projects before & after have always been okay, no problems, no nothing. One of my only theories is that because it is such a large game, including many animations, sprites, sounds, blocks, etc, that maybe the Scratch cannot import all of the data into the website for people to see. The only thing that I am questioning is why I see and play the game only in my profile, but not out on the web. It might not sound too bad, but it has been blocking a lot of views, and comments that I could have easily have gotten. Please fix this, it is a devastating glitch, and it needs to be solved as quickly as possible.

Sincerely: Gio
I know this is a problem for a different thread, but this is also happening with me. I have a new project called Not-So-Boring Platformer, and it doesn't show up when you search up the keywords. Instead, it shows other platformers with the same name, but with 10-20x less views and less of everything else. You can only access mine via my profile or links. Is this intentional? When you search up my name, my most viewed projects show up first. Not-So-Boring Platformer is my 2nd most viewed project, and it never comes up when you search up my name. What's going on here?