Discuss Scratch

dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

Master-p0st-Scratch wrote:

Hello, I posted a project on Scratch, but it doesn't come up if I type it in the search box, only when one looks inside my profile.

ayaanh6 wrote:

I know this is a problem for a different thread, but this is also happening with me.
The Scratch website is just that egregiously delayed when indexing new projects or profiles to be searchable. This is a known, longstanding, and common issue. It took many months for my projects to become visible when searching, and that was a couple of years ago. It doesn't have to do with the complexity of the project.

I made a thing and it's kind of fun :

Columns3m — Incursion
ayaanh6
Scratcher
12 posts

dave3m wrote:

Master-p0st-Scratch wrote:

Hello, I posted a project on Scratch, but it doesn't come up if I type it in the search box, only when one looks inside my profile.

ayaanh6 wrote:

I know this is a problem for a different thread, but this is also happening with me.
The Scratch website is just that egregiously delayed when indexing new projects or profiles to be searchable. This is a known, longstanding, and common issue. It took many months for my projects to become visible when searching, and that was a couple of years ago. It doesn't have to do with the complexity of the project.
I know this is off topic but the Not-So-Boring platformer just got taken down for being ‘innapropriate’??? Scratch Team WHAT?!?!?!?! It's not even innapropriate in ANY way…

@ayaanh6, Game Designer & Very Old Scratcher
ahgfi
Scratcher
1 post

is it OK to post works that will crash the site on Scratch?

Last edited by ahgfi (May 24, 2024 22:25:30)

LuvUrDogs
Scratcher
1 post

Hello! I have a question with cloud variables; for one of my projects, https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/977967715, I used cloud variables to make a world record system. (I used the same code for a different project and It worked.) However, with this project whenever someone gets a new world record it saves, but whenever you refresh the page it just goes back to the previous world record. (Basically it's not updating for some reason.) Can you help? If not, do you know someone who can? Thank you!
ayaanh6
Scratcher
12 posts

LuvUrDogs wrote:

Hello! I have a question with cloud variables; for one of my projects, https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/977967715, I used cloud variables to make a world record system. (I used the same code for a different project and It worked.) However, with this project whenever someone gets a new world record it saves, but whenever you refresh the page it just goes back to the previous world record. (Basically it's not updating for some reason.) Can you help? If not, do you know someone who can? Thank you!
The most common reason for this is because the people that save the new world record are registered as “New Scratchers”, and only “Scratchers” have the ability to save cloud variables. This is also disabled for non signed-in users. Another reason is that you might have backpacked the cloud variables, which changes them into normal variables with the cloud emoji Infront. Usually, it's just the fact that the user is a New Scratcher. To become a scratcher, the person in question has to post comments, love & fav, post projects, and be on scratch actively. You'll get a notification on your profile when the scratch team thinks you're ready. By the way, I can't access your project, but it might be a problem with project code (I would check if I had access).

@ayaanh6, Game Designer & Very Old Scratcher
KROKOBIL
Scratcher
100+ posts

LuvUrDogs wrote:

Rename the cloud variables (you can rename them back afterwards).

Magst du in meinem Studio für deutsche Scratcher mitmachen?
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ayaanh6 wrote:

LuvUrDogs wrote:

The most common reason for this is because the people that save the new world record are registered as “New Scratchers”, and only “Scratchers” have the ability to save cloud variables. This is also disabled for non signed-in users. Another reason is that you might have backpacked the cloud variables, which changes them into normal variables with the cloud emoji Infront. Usually, it's just the fact that the user is a New Scratcher. To become a scratcher, the person in question has to post comments, love & fav, post projects, and be on scratch actively. You'll get a notification on your profile when the scratch team thinks you're ready. By the way, I can't access your project, but it might be a problem with project code (I would check if I had access).
No, try any newer cloud project or cloud project from before the August maintenance:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1023408307/

KROKOBIL wrote:

Does not work (same for deleting) all the time from what I have seen, though did when I tried in my newest project (well renaming)
Though it should not even happen in the first place
Edit: Try creating a new project, it happens, but rename the var

Last edited by medians (May 24, 2024 21:48:51)

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
Histroyguy
Scratcher
7 posts

I tried to make a game where you click a button and it would be saved for the next person but it didn't work. I've also heard that it hasn't been working since 2013.
CyberBear101
Scratcher
3 posts

Hello everyone. I don't know if I'm necroposting. If I am, I'm terribly sorry. The problem is, i made a high score on my cookie clicker game and a high score player to display the player who beat it in game. But the problem is, when I broke the high score on my alt account to see if the high score works for all the people, it was displayed in the game but on the see data page, it doesn't show it. I waited for about a week…. I'll send a link to my game down below if anyone can help me. Thanks!

CyberBear101

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1025507199/

p.s My alt was a new scratcher account. Is that a reason??

Last edited by CyberBear101 (May 29, 2024 08:18:32)

Hi! I'm an 11 year old boy living in Australia. I love coding but I suck at it. Even for scratch, I need tutorials… Check me out!
gem1001
Scratcher
100+ posts

CyberBear101 wrote:

Yes. New Scratchers can't use cloud variables.

Hey look, rock climbing time!

_
/_
  /
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/_
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/
/_
  /
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/_
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/
|_
  /
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/_
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/
|_
  /
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/_
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/
\_
  /    Wow, you've come a long way. Have a seat.
 / Also fun fact: Scratch 2 only ever existed because HTML5 didn't come out on time.
|
|
┌┤
MasterLocke86
Scratcher
1 post

I was having a problem with the cloud variables getting messed up and corrupting my leaderboard. I have removed them from the code for now.

The problem is that every once in a while, the username “sdfdsgfxg” changes the data value to “890858479”

I thought it might be someone messing around but now I think it must be a BOT or some bug, because its been going on for a while every few days.

Does anybody know what this is? Can it be stopped?
neguchi_SMM2
Scratcher
10 posts

Now the newly created cloud variable is not working.

pen機能を神だと思っているscratch歴1年くらいの新参者です。
最近はオンラインゲームの作成にハマっています。
gem1001
Scratcher
100+ posts

MasterLocke86 wrote:

I was having a problem with the cloud variables getting messed up and corrupting my leaderboard. I have removed them from the code for now.

The problem is that every once in a while, the username “sdfdsgfxg” changes the data value to “890858479”

I thought it might be someone messing around but now I think it must be a BOT or some bug, because its been going on for a while every few days.

That's not a bug. Cloud variables can only store numbers.

Hey look, rock climbing time!

_
/_
  /
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/_
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/
/_
  /
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/_
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/
|_
  /
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/_
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/
|_
  /
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/_
 /
/_
  /
 /
/
|
 \
 /
/
\_
  /    Wow, you've come a long way. Have a seat.
 / Also fun fact: Scratch 2 only ever existed because HTML5 didn't come out on time.
|
|
┌┤
MasterLocke86
Scratcher
1 post

gem1001 wrote:

MasterLocke86 wrote:

That's not what I meant. If you check out my game and look at the cloud data, you will see the username sdfdsgfxg and the data value 890858479 every few days for the last month. I don't think this is someone doing this, it must be a bot or a bug. I've found this in other people's cloud data as well.

Last edited by MasterLocke86 (June 1, 2024 16:35:45)

KROKOBIL
Scratcher
100+ posts

neguchi_SMM2 wrote:

CyberBear101
Scratcher
3 posts

gem1001 wrote:

CyberBear101 wrote:

Yes. New Scratchers can't use cloud variables.

Tysm! I was worried I did something wrong!

Hi! I'm an 11 year old boy living in Australia. I love coding but I suck at it. Even for scratch, I need tutorials… Check me out!
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KROKOBIL wrote:

neguchi_SMM2 wrote:

Why not just make the cloud variables work in the first place though?

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
TheUltimateHoodie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MasterLocke86 wrote:

gem1001 wrote:

MasterLocke86 wrote:

That's not what I meant. If you check out my game and look at the cloud data, you will see the username sdfdsgfxg and the data value 890858479 every few days for the last month. I don't think this is someone doing this, it must be a bot or a bug. I've found this in other people's cloud data as well.
maybe sdfdsgfxg is just being annoying

can somebody give me something to put in my signature
KROKOBIL
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

The account sdfdsgfxg doesn't exist so it shouldn't be able to set cloud variables.

TheUltimateHoodie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KROKOBIL wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

The account sdfdsgfxg doesn't exist so it shouldn't be able to set cloud variables.
wait isnt he the one with the scratch cat pfp? i remember him
edit: i searched it up and 2 people called him a hacker

Last edited by TheUltimateHoodie (June 3, 2024 06:12:45)

can somebody give me something to put in my signature