Discuss Scratch

dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

Please note that I haven't done any extensive testing other than a couple of my own projects in saying this, but we may be experiencing another server blip. I noticed that the cloud data history log for my projects is once again stalled and my projects that had been working are not currently loading recent cloud updates. I have not yet tried applying any changes to my cloud variables; I'll wait to see if the history logs load first.

You may wish to have a look at your projects if this might affect you. Hopefully it resolves soon, if it happens to be widespread (I don't know).
I am not aware if there was any maintenance planned for this weekend, but I don't see any announcement about that possibility.

I made a thing and it's kind of fun :

Columns3m — Incursion
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dave3m wrote:

Please note that I haven't done any extensive testing other than a couple of my own projects in saying this, but we may be experiencing another server blip. I noticed that the cloud data history log for my projects is once again stalled and my projects that had been working are not currently loading recent cloud updates. I have not yet tried applying any changes to my cloud variables; I'll wait to see if the history logs load first.

You may wish to have a look at your projects if this might affect you. Hopefully it resolves soon, if it happens to be widespread (I don't know).
I am not aware if there was any maintenance planned for this weekend, but I don't see any announcement about that possibility.
Hold on, do you mean that the logs don't show anything new at all, or that the cloud variables go back to previous values after refreshing? The latter has been going on for a while.
Edit: (There's no cloudmonitor button for me due to the scratchr2 userstyle so I had to go to the url for the monitor xD) For me the cloud logs don't load again, and go back to 0 after refreshing. Also, the value on this project reverted to 0 too (just like this project did a while back):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/910460015/ (so this project is now broken along with the other projects)

Last edited by medians (May 12, 2024 01:47:49)

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

I mean that the logs are currently only showing a static spinny-cursor and no history for the project's variables (as has occurred before to herald problems).
Also that my projects are currently not loading recent updates from the Cloud when reloading the project (and had been working yesterday).

Previously, broken projects would not load data upon loading the project but could still see updates when they occurred while the project was already running. I just tested this with my already-broken 2024 test project and it won't even see concurrent updates at the moment.

My earlier test project from the prior downtime in October 2023 was working up until yesterday, but is today not loading recent updates from the cloud.

Columns3m — Incursion
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dave3m wrote:

I mean that the logs are currently only showing a static spinny-cursor and no history for the project's variables (as has occurred before to herald problems).
Also that my projects are currently not loading recent updates from the Cloud when reloading the project (and had been working yesterday).

Previously, broken projects would not load data upon loading the project but could still see updates when they occurred while the project was already running. I just tested this with my already-broken 2024 test project and it won't even see concurrent updates at the moment.

My earlier test project from the prior downtime in October 2023 was working up until yesterday, but is today not loading recent updates from the cloud.
I saw that, I just tested it and edited my post. The newer of the projects that I linked was working prior to this, which wasn't like the other test projects I had made, but now it has the same bug as the older project that I linked.

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
KROKOBIL
Scratcher
100+ posts

dave3m wrote:

I also have this problem. It looks like my profile picture but in blue . Yesterday the logs worked for me and a few months ago they didn't work for a long time.
Cloud variables don't update either.

Magst du in meinem Studio für deutsche Scratcher mitmachen?
TimMcCool
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cloud variables are down entirely. The browser is not establishing a connection to Scratch's clouddata websocket (it tries to connect to the websocket a few times, but the connection closes immediately). It's also not possible to connect to the websocket using external scripts (you'll get a 502 Bad Gateway error).
This means no cloud variables can be set at all and all cloud games / cloud projects are not working.

Clouddata logs are also down, the API returns a 502 Bad Gateway error: https://clouddata.scratch.mit.edu/logs?projectid=0&limit=100&offset=0

Developer of scratchattach, the most popular Python Scratch API wrapper
philipaj
Scratcher
13 posts

griff patch's mincraft-ish mmo isnt working
jmdzti_0-0
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cloud variables are just not working rn.
When I try to open https://scratch.mit.edu/cloudmonitor/projectID/ it just loads infinitely.

─ BREAKING NEWS
The evil kumquats have rebelled and now they don't just eat signatures.
NOW THEY EAT YOUR «MY STUFF» AND OTHER 2.0 UI PAGES! triple click for more info. /j I just wanted to make fun of the bug. ngl would be funny to see people put this on their signatures. please fix this
Creator of The music finders shop, where you can get your favorite songs, without having to download from pesky websites! Highlight+shift+down to see more of my signature

My posts
My forum identifier:
uNnqYgxb7K

Keep on being creative :)

Extra emojis

redspacecat
Scratcher
100+ posts

The clouddata logs api url shows 502 bad gateway

Highlight and do Shift + Down Arrow to see the rest of my signature.
Click Here To Get A Scratch 4.0 Sneak Peak!

You should probably know that I don't actually use forbidden word, I just use this bookmarklet to upload to the assets server. I wonder who else knows what forbidden word is.

You got TROLLED
ScratchGranddad
Scratcher
10 posts

The Before the error I was on Minecraftish mmo Weird glitched blocks were everywhere With text that said water
ayaanh6
Scratcher
12 posts

Cloud is Completely Down
I've been developing a platformer that is supposed to track the world record for fastest time, least deaths after game beaten, etc. but for some reason the cloud variables only change whenever I beat the record. I've asked other people to try, and on their client side it shows that it is changed, but after reloading it goes back to the last cloud data log that I made. The cloud logs are also completely down. I tried making a basic project testing cloud variables but even that doesn't work. The only way to permanently set cloud variables is by going into code and setting/changing the variable, meaning only project creators can change cloud stats.
It seems like this is a widespread problem, as people are complaining about this on this forum and all cloud projects don't work. For some reason, a few days ago on my platformer only one of the cloud variables worked (the amount of times someone beat the game) but not the world records. 2 days ago all the variables stopped working. When I could still see the logs, it seems as though whenever someone's game (besides mine) set the cloud variables to something else, the moment they reloaded or someone else started the game, it got reset to the last time I set the variable. I haven't done a very good job at explaining this but I hope this gets fixed soon nevertheless.

Last edited by ayaanh6 (May 12, 2024 22:31:11)

@ayaanh6, Game Designer & Very Old Scratcher
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yep, here we go again. Yes Cloud Variables are completely broken AGAIN! If what happened when they broke them in August last year after an innocent Maintenance Weekend, is anything to go by, it could be as long as 6 months before they fix it! and nobody in the Scratch Team reads this thread any more, so they probably don't even know yet!
pekgroup
Scratcher
1 post

So me and my friend tryed playing griffpathces massive multiplayer platformer and it shows that we were playing alone even though when we enter for 1 second it showed that 14 people were playing its probably a new glitch in the cloud variable system but IDK we tryed many different online games that we knew worked and we both looked at our profiles and it said we were a scratcher please help.
dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Cloud history logs appear to be back up and at least one of my projects is once again loading updates from the cloud, including updates recorded 2 days ago. My older test project from 2023 is continuing to work normally as of today.

[I expect that all of my projects that I expect to work normally now are, but I haven't tested them all, yet.
My 2024 test project that I left broken from January 2024 remains broken.]

Columns3m — Incursion
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

dave3m wrote:

The Cloud history logs appear to be back up and at least one of my projects is once again loading updates from the cloud, including updates recorded 2 days ago. My older test project from 2023 is continuing to work normally as of today.

[I expect that all of my projects that I expect to work normally now are, but I haven't tested them all, yet.

Yep, appears to be fixed again! Surprisingly quick turnaround for the fix this time. Suspect your broken Jan 24 test project that's still broken, is because they didn't properly fix everything after the August 23 Maintenance disaster weekend. But in all likelihood you could fix that one by simply renaming all the Cloud Variables. Trouble is of course that all Cloud Variable projects created by no longer Active Scratchers will remain permanently broken.
ayaanh6
Scratcher
12 posts

Update: I just did a test on another project and cloud seems to be working/saving again. Cloud logs are back, and multiplayer games work.

@ayaanh6, Game Designer & Very Old Scratcher
dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

gregatku wrote:

dave3m wrote:

… But in all likelihood you could fix that one by simply renaming all the Cloud Variables.

Oh, I am well aware and regularly advise others of the same.

I deliberately leave this project as it was when I created it, as an example of what to expect following the last cloud disruption. It serves as an easily testable example of how cloud variables can update to the cloud, have their changes noticed when the project is running, but not update when first loading the project. Renaming the variables would certainly restore them (but no longer serve as an example).

Columns3m — Incursion
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

dave3m wrote:

gregatku wrote:

dave3m wrote:

… But in all likelihood you could fix that one by simply renaming all the Cloud Variables.

Oh, I am well aware and regularly advise others of the same.

I deliberately leave this project as it was when I created it, as an example of what to expect following the last cloud disruption. It serves as an easily testable example of how cloud variables can update to the cloud, have their changes noticed when the project is running, but not update when first loading the project. Renaming the variables would certainly restore them (but no longer serve as an example).

Makes sense!
SCLF-Xingshu
Scratcher
22 posts

TimMcCool wrote:

Cloud variables are down entirely. The browser is not establishing a connection to Scratch's clouddata websocket (it tries to connect to the websocket a few times, but the connection closes immediately). It's also not possible to connect to the websocket using external scripts (you'll get a 502 Bad Gateway error).
This means no cloud variables can be set at all and all cloud games / cloud projects are not working.

Clouddata logs are also down, the API returns a 502 Bad Gateway error: https://clouddata.scratch.mit.edu/logs?projectid=0&limit=100&offset=0
Not really, Tim. There isn't servers, you need to run forever the project to create a server ! But you cannot run a project forever !

certified scratcher @greenFlag::sensing :: hat
SCLF-Xingshu
Mon profil | Dragon v1.2 (new updates)

Aussi, demandez-moi pour être sponsor de mon prochain jeu

Fluffygamer_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SCLF-Xingshu wrote:

(#1839)

TimMcCool wrote:

Not really, Tim. There isn't servers, you need to run forever the project to create a server ! But you cannot run a project forever !
Wait… What ? How do you even think we could chat or save projects if there were no servers ?

BREAKING NEWS
The evil kumquats have rebelled and now they don't just eat signatures.

NOW THEY EAT YOUR «MY STUFF» PAGE AND OTHER 2.0 UI PAGES !
Credit to @jmdzti_0-0

BLOCKS ARMY :
((0) - (0)) //  This is Zero. He protects my signature from evil kumquats

------(:-:)------ :: pen //  This is Bumpa. She bumps my topics when necessary. She also have a few skills at fighting since Zero taught her.

(O(w :: variables)O :: sensing) // This is Dogee. He helps me doing projects

('-' :: list) // This is Little. She verify that evil kumquats aren't coming.

° ° :: #0055ff //  This is 2S. He is the best animator I never seen on scratch. His account is Scratcheurscratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Scratcheurscratch)

when green flag clicked :: cap //  This is Soja. I don't know if it's a boy or a girl but who cares ? Soja often draw thumbnails for my projects.