Discuss Scratch

DJLENZ
Scratcher
23 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

everyone i am trying to create a high score using cloud variable to create a high score but it is not working

when green flag clicked
if <
(foo) > (☁ score)> then
set [(☁ score) v] to (foo)

end

Last edited by DJLENZ (Nov. 11, 2023 14:23:16)

VIBEGIRL623
Scratcher
4 posts

hellpp i just wanna do longest answer wins
“⚠️ Lobbies are currently non-functional due to a problem in Scratch's cloud variables. This is a Scratch issue, and I am unable to resolve it. Kindly refrain from asking me to fix it and consider reaching out to the Scratch Team.”

(thats what @ Scratchfangs put)
vegim6_
Scratcher
9 posts

NMario84 wrote:

“Technically”, there's nothing wrong with the “NEW” cloud variable data.

What the Scratch Team doesn't understand is, the cloud data history logs do NOT display from the current server, but instead are running an infinite load time loop, which defeats the purpose of the data logs.

Yeah!

And since 60% of advanced cloud projects use scratchattach, and since SA checks the cloud history logs (that are NOT WORKING), all of those projects cant get any cloud info.

vegim6_
“Just a scratcher that likes to mess with cloud data stuff.”

(☁ scratchattach)
(☁ cloud projects)
(python)
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I thought something like ScratchAttach wasn't even allowed to be used on Scratch to begin with… Isn't that why one of the users had got banned in the first place?

Some time ago, there was this one user named Mildly-Weird who used ScratchAttach to display and spammed inappropriate content on Scratch projects, which was taken care of weeks later. But I don't think that has affected what is happening now. Just that whatever happened now is whatever Scratch Team did with cloud data.

On unrelated note, I think I know what happened to (at least) half of the Scratch Team. I read somewhere that they went to develop under a new studio to work on mobile coding software for kids similar to Scratch. Though it's seems to be mostly run by some of the former Scratch MIT crew, which may explain they don't even care about the cloud data services anymore, while we have a different crew in MIT working behind Scratch.
^ Though it's just a theory.
27xz
Scratcher
52 posts

Really unsure as to whether ST will or will not see this with how many messages they get but here goes:

I recently released this project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/924703283/

One of the parts of the project is the ability to save data to the cloud such as total points for a team. However, after I completed an action which I know edits cloud data and which has been proven to edit cloud variables in testing, nothing happened to the cloud data. I also haven't been able to edit cloud data in a separate project (https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/891223505/) for at least a week or so as well. When will cloud data be fixed?

Potatoes are good. Game dev is good. Potatoes in game dev is remarkable.
Trycky11
Scratcher
2 posts

my cloud variable seems to be not working and the cloud monitor isn't working ether I've tried everything remaking the variable renaming it everything i could find to do

Edit: Here's The Project https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/890575989/

Last edited by Trycky11 (Nov. 16, 2023 16:15:42)

Trycky11
Scratcher
2 posts

The Post Above Above me seems Like My Same Problem

i said above 2 times

Last edited by Trycky11 (Nov. 19, 2023 23:37:52)

The_Sound_Legend
Scratcher
69 posts

Jakachu812 wrote:

Trycky11 wrote:

The Post Above Above me seems Like My Same Problem
That's because its your post
he meant above his post, my lord…
The_Sound_Legend
Scratcher
69 posts

bro half of the projects cloud variables dont work so when I get wr's it just restarts it and then also for some of my games it doesnt work. When I try to check the cloud logs it won't even allow me because it gets stuck loading. Please fix this ST…..its been going on for a bit now….
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The_Sound_Legend wrote:

bro half of the projects cloud variables dont work so when I get wr's it just restarts it and then also for some of my games it doesnt work. When I try to check the cloud logs it won't even allow me because it gets stuck loading. Please fix this ST…..its been going on for a bit now….

They don't work for a reason, and Scratch Team doesn't care about old cloud data projects. Just move on, an create new cloud data projects.
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NMario84 wrote:

The_Sound_Legend wrote:

They don't work for a reason, and Scratch Team doesn't care about old cloud data projects. Just move on, an create new cloud data projects.
Does this mean I can no longer complain about 3.0 in the nfed cloud project

NMario84 wrote:

I thought something like ScratchAttach wasn't even allowed to be used on Scratch to begin with… Isn't that why one of the users had got banned in the first place?
It could've been the fact the user spammed inappropriate content, I would've thought they wouldn't allow ScratchAttach to be mention there then.

:D: 2.0 is 11 years old!!!! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018259409/
Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Fun_Cupcake_i81: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/850535211/
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @ straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
vegim6_
Scratcher
9 posts

NMario84 wrote:

The_Sound_Legend wrote:

even if i do scratchattach still doesn't work,

vegim6_

(☁ scratchattach)
(☁ cloud projects)
(python)
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

vegim6_ wrote:

NMario84 wrote:

The_Sound_Legend wrote:

That’s because it tries getting from the cloud logs which broke.

:D: 2.0 is 11 years old!!!! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018259409/
Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Fun_Cupcake_i81: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/850535211/
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @ straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
vegim6_
Scratcher
9 posts

medians wrote:

vegim6_ wrote:

NMario84 wrote:

The_Sound_Legend wrote:

That’s because it tries getting from the cloud logs which broke.
yes.. i know already… i went over that in #1673 and reiterated why in #1676.

vegim6_

(☁ scratchattach)
(☁ cloud projects)
(python)
vegim6_
Scratcher
9 posts

VIBEGIRL623 wrote:

“⚠️ Lobbies are currently non-functional due to a problem in Scratch's cloud variables. This is a Scratch issue, and I am unable to resolve it. Kindly refrain from asking me to fix it and consider reaching out to the Scratch Team.”

Posts like these are not helpful (all they say is “fix this”, and provides nothing), and we also can't fix this issue (just like what you quoted from @Scratchfangs said), because this is an issue with Scratch's infrastructure, not the projects themselves. I do see that this is your first post on the discuss forums (welcome, by the way!), just please gather context and contribute on other posts that you'll make in the future.

Last edited by vegim6_ (Nov. 22, 2023 04:18:49)

vegim6_

(☁ scratchattach)
(☁ cloud projects)
(python)
aDude_Guy
Scratcher
83 posts

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 119.0.0.0, No Flash version detected
That's a lie, one sec:
My browser / operating system: Windows 11, Chrome 119.0.0.0, No Flash version detected
At, https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/924399087/
The “data” cloud variable works like a local variable.
I checked all of the code 104857180 times and yep, its a cloud variable!
Also, i cant check the cloud history

Seriously, Try it!
Have 2 devices on the project
Send a Number (only numbers work)
On the other end, you get 0!

Ignore this, it somehow fixed itself!

Last edited by aDude_Guy (Nov. 22, 2023 14:47:23)

@aDude_Guy, games/animations/random stuff My secret code:hihihihihihihi
when green flag clicked
forever
if <sprite = [kumquat police v]> then
point in direction of (kumquat v)
move (houses destroyed) steps
else
if <sprite = [kumquat v]> then
point in opposite direction of (kumquat police v)
if < see house?> then
destroy house with damage (100)
end
end
end
aDude_Guy
Scratcher
83 posts

vegim6_ wrote:

VIBEGIRL623 wrote:

Posts like these are not helpful (all they say is “fix this”, and provides nothing), and we also can't fix this issue (just like what you quoted from @Scratchfangs said), because this is an issue with Scratch's infrastructure, not the projects themselves. I do see that this is your first post on the discuss forums (welcome, by the way!), just please gather context and contribute on other posts that you'll make in the future.
what he is doing is LITTERALY THE POINT OF THE FORUM
like UR SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!

@aDude_Guy, games/animations/random stuff My secret code:hihihihihihihi
when green flag clicked
forever
if <sprite = [kumquat police v]> then
point in direction of (kumquat v)
move (houses destroyed) steps
else
if <sprite = [kumquat v]> then
point in opposite direction of (kumquat police v)
if < see house?> then
destroy house with damage (100)
end
end
end
adrianb4078
Scratcher
15 posts

ok so i have a game and i am using a high score cloud variable and so right now the high score is 20900 but if i use a “set high score to 20901” and then refresh the page it goes back to 20900 does anyone know why this is happening? its happening with some of my other games aswell? plz help
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

adrianb4078 wrote:

ok so i have a game and i am using a high score cloud variable and so right now the high score is 20900 but if i use a “set high score to 20901” and then refresh the page it goes back to 20900 does anyone know why this is happening? its happening with some of my other games aswell? plz help

You need to rename or add/make a new cloud variable to “fix” the current issue, as cloud variables made before August maintenance got broken.
SuperStar9389
Scratcher
33 posts

ID(for the scratch team cause they can access it):

Var Effected:
War Zone

So I was working on like an r/place but with vars instead of images
and I called it a day and when i got out of editor..
BOOM!
the list went blank
i reset the var and the same thing happened
i showed the var (i seperated it into a list)
and it revealed that the var was blank!

it's a cloud var so it isn't a client bug it's A SERVER BUG!

pls fix

Last edited by SuperStar9389 (Nov. 23, 2023 11:32:37)