Discuss Scratch

engineerlife_mods
New to Scratch
1 post

Report cloud data glitches here

FOUND CLOUD DATA GLITCH!!!, IF YOU BACKPACK A SCRIPT CONTAINING A COULD VARIABLE THEN USE IT AN ANOTHER PROJECT VARIABLE CONSIDERED A CLOUD BUT DOESN'T SAVE TO CLOUD -(This is written in a shocked tone :0 )
mistbelive
Scratcher
100+ posts

sdg1 wrote:

As you may seen in today's announcement, we deployed a new version of the Cloud Data server. Most of this is code reorganization, and some performance improvements, so there may be a few glitches in this new version. Please report in this thread if you face any glitches. Remember to include information about your operating system, browser, and a link to your project.

Also, I know that some people have reported slowdown of Cloud variable updates recently. Please report those here as well, especially if you used to get faster speeds, but now Cloud variable updates lag significantly.

[Updated 08/30/2013: Based on your reports, I fixed a bunch of problems. Thanks, and keep more of these reports coming in (still working on the glitches that have been already reported, and are still not fixed). For a list of what changed, check out this forum post: http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/14722/ ]

Note from Paddle2see - In February of 2018, an update was done to Cloud variables that limits the length of them to 256 characters, as well as a few other restrictions. Please see this post for more information. This should not be reported as a bug. Thanks!
its not loading!!!!

crashed
mistbelive
Scratcher
100+ posts

engineerlife_mods wrote:

FOUND CLOUD DATA GLITCH!!!, IF YOU BACKPACK A SCRIPT CONTAINING A COULD VARIABLE THEN USE IT AN ANOTHER PROJECT VARIABLE CONSIDERED A CLOUD BUT DOESN'T SAVE TO CLOUD -(This is written in a shocked tone :0 )
uhh that might not be a bug?

qoute me if im wrong

crashed
pearlygirly2012
Scratcher
40 posts

fries09 wrote:

So this may have been covered, but I dont have 3 hours to look through this page. Projects use cloud data, but don't show the box thing where you can see the data. Is this a bug? Or am I just smooth brained.
umm this also happens with me lol

okay hiya! i am pearly call me that for short lol
-
i ENJOY reading manga! i like jjk (jujutsu kaisen) .
-
go check out my projects!
-
:3
dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

pearlygirly2012 wrote:

fries09 wrote:

So this may have been covered, but I dont have 3 hours to look through this page. Projects use cloud data, but don't show the box thing where you can see the data. Is this a bug? Or am I just smooth brained.
umm this also happens with me lol

If your project does not have the “Cloud Variables: See Data” button, it could be that your cloud variables were deactivated or turned into regular variables. When this happens, they may still have a “Cloud” symbol in the variable name but it has become part of the variable's name.

Check if the cloud symbol is actually a character in your variable name(s). If it is, you will need to remake your cloud variable(s) and update your project to use the new variable(s).

(This is separate from the cloud history log not displaying when you press the button.)

I made a thing and it's kind of fun :

Columns3m — Incursion
TheMowmans
Scratcher
52 posts

When I try to get the cloud data from a project using the API, I get a return of None. I have tried both with and without the cloud emoji, and re typed the project ID over and over again. Any possible fixes? The service I was using is Scratchattach and my browser is the latest chrome version. I used Windows NT 11. This has been a problem for awhile.

@TheMowmans
Professional scratch-api-is-broken complainer
wvzack
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheMowmans wrote:

When I try to get the cloud data from a project using the API, I get a return of None. I have tried both with and without the cloud emoji, and re typed the project ID over and over again. Any possible fixes? The service I was using is Scratchattach and my browser is the latest chrome version. I used Windows NT 11. This has been a problem for awhile.
Unfortunately there is no fix for this problem (I to have it ) This is because the data logs are down so the cloud api is down. I think that it may be that the st maybe is doing this because a lot of cloud games are being exploited (check the scratchattach thread in advanced topics).

Likes: Programing (python scratch Lua c++ I am bad at c++ a) Aiviation (B787 Queen of the sky F35) Mountain Biking and Messing around with computers (not a gamer at all)
My projects I am most happy with also the few “polished games I have:
cs2411269
Scratcher
2 posts

I have been working on an online game using cloud variables. To test this, I used 2 different computers on my account to test it to make sure the cloud variables work. I had the cloud variables shown in the corner to monitor them. When I tested this, one computer would say that a cloud variable was a number and the other computer would say that the same cloud variable was a different number! For some reason, the cloud variables were not the same on both computers! I don't think it is a problem with my computer or internet, so what is wrong? Please help quickly.
dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

cs2411269 wrote:

To test this, I used 2 different computers on my account to test it to make sure the cloud variables work. I had the cloud variables shown in the corner to monitor them. When I tested this, one computer would say that a cloud variable was a number and the other computer would say that the same cloud variable was a different number!

It would probably be best to post a new topic, possibly in the Help with Scripts forum, linking a shared project showing your problem. I'm not saying that it isn't the cloud framework causing your issue, but we won't know without context.

There could be a variety of issues causing what you are seeing. Scratch cloud updates can at times be delayed, which might make two projects load updates at different times or load/calculate different updates if the value is also changing. The project itself might also be slow to update the cloud, causing its own delay publishing updates. There could be other issues with the code or cloud variables (especially if they got disabled, such as when trying to store text).

I would check if the values you are seeing could be related to the project using a saved value (the value last saved in the project) and not the loaded value from the cloud.

Is this related to Super Mario for Scratch 4 Online Alpha? @atexrod1 recently mentioned having a problem with slow player updates (as well as encoding problems) in the project you recently favourited. I am not familiar with the project, but that may exacerbate the issue you noticed if you happen to be remixing or working on this project.

Columns3m — Incursion
atlasaurinko
Scratcher
20 posts

For me the cloud data history never loads.
ThemeAndReality
Scratcher
13 posts

Cloud data history is working again for me - I just tried it for my projects and it comes up looking correct. Does anyone else see it working too?

Try out my games…

…and See Inside afterwards!
wvzack
Scratcher
100+ posts

ThemeAndReality wrote:

Cloud data history is working again for me - I just tried it for my projects and it comes up looking correct. Does anyone else see it working too?
YAAAAAY (sorry it’s. Just that I can make something that I wanted to)

Likes: Programing (python scratch Lua c++ I am bad at c++ a) Aiviation (B787 Queen of the sky F35) Mountain Biking and Messing around with computers (not a gamer at all)
My projects I am most happy with also the few “polished games I have:
dave3m
Scratcher
100+ posts

I see it on my project again, today.
It wasn't working a few days ago.

Columns3m — Incursion
adrianb4078
Scratcher
15 posts

oh, wow, its finally fixed, i can see the cloud data logs now
NMario84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oh wow…. After MANY MONTHS of inactivity. THEY FINALLY FIXD THE CLOUD DATA HISTORY LOGS?????

Great Job Scratch Team.

(It seems they they (DO) care a little bit after all.)

Also, a small note. Older cloud based projects (posted before August) STILL don't work, but that is to be expected. But none of these projects will ever be updated because Scratchers who made the projects have moved on.

Last edited by NMario84 (Jan. 20, 2024 23:04:42)

DORGLUK
Scratcher
6 posts

bro this is horrible it kept on deleting my project on its own that is so wired i was like what in the world?IK like in other games nothing loke this happen except on here it an'it cool

Last edited by DORGLUK (Jan. 20, 2024 16:27:47)

srutututupeczekdrutu
Scratcher
50 posts

Last edited by srutututupeczekdrutu (Jan. 20, 2024 16:39:22)

-FlamingFire-12
Scratcher
100+ posts

In my friend's game,when I beat the high score,It did not display when I rebooted my computer.

wait until <When a scratch project crashes my computer just for reporting it for being inappropriate>
SCREAM
-WhiteTheTiger-
Scratcher
1 post

I have an issue where when the page is reloaded the cloud variable is not saving
happy_7832
Scratcher
13 posts

just wanted to know but… whats cloud data?

@happy_7832