Discuss Scratch

-Morni-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Blocks Orientation : Horizontal Blocks!

TopGG wrote:

sharkode wrote:

No support, this suggestion sounds like ScratchJR and it makes the site way too childish, if you want wordless blocks, just use the JR version instead

Please read my previous post. ScratchJr does not have the capabilities the main Scratch interface does. Neither does it have the same blocks.
We just suggested, not forced him to use scratchjr

Last edited by kaj (Yesterday 11:21:05)

❀ -Morni- ❀
TopGG
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Morni- wrote:

TopGG wrote:

sharkode wrote:

No support, this suggestion sounds like ScratchJR and it makes the site way too childish, if you want wordless blocks, just use the JR version instead

Please read my previous post. ScratchJr does not have the capabilities the main Scratch interface does. Neither does it have the same blocks.
We just suggested, not forced him to use scratchjr

I was reading your signature and your best project is hilarious (i hate it, that's the 4th time today.)

⇢ ˗ˏˋ TopGG

== He/Him – ISFP-T – Scorpio – Aussie – MeOwner of Lightspeed Inc. – Certified Furry – Ravenclaw – Colour Fanatic ==

Click Here for my Extended Signature

ocular -/- ScratchStats -|- postpercent -\- ScratchInfo

Generation 365: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your signature in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
#StandWithUkraine

Comment “Shield upgrade!” on my activity hub to give Astrum another layer of protection! Let's make the biggest code block on Scratch!

this is my kumquat guard Astrum. He has 15 layers of shield. (((((((((((((((¬‿¬))))))))))))))):: #000000

Last edited by ScratchCat (Tomorrow, 2027 48:77:16)
VedanshS933
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NOTE : THIS SUGESSTION IS GOING OFF TOPIC. PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. AFTER THIS POST ALL OFF TOPIC POSTS WILL BE REPORTED.

Ya sorry for caps but that was to give attention

Home OS 3.0 Coming Soon!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/880616996/

Post Count - 2000+!
1. Suggestions 1100+ (first time hitting 1000 on a subforum!)
2. Questions about Scratch 250+
3. Advanced Topics 230+
4. New Scratchers 100+
5. Show & Tell 80+
6. Bugs and Glitches 70+

redesigning the signature
-iviedwall-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Myst-- wrote:

Support! I would use this and horizontal blocks do seem more efficient and simple.
Actually, horizontal blocks will make the code hard to read. Imagine you're working on a game and after this feature gets implemented, you have to reread all your codes before continuing to code. The Scratch coding area is shaped like a tall rectangle and horizontal blocks are not suitable for this size.
TopGG
Scratcher
500+ posts

-iviedwall- wrote:

Myst-- wrote:

Support! I would use this and horizontal blocks do seem more efficient and simple.
Actually, horizontal blocks will make the code hard to read. Imagine you're working on a game and after this feature gets implemented, you have to reread all your codes before continuing to code. The Scratch coding area is shaped like a tall rectangle and horizontal blocks are not suitable for this size.

Please read dot point 6 on this post.

⇢ ˗ˏˋ TopGG

== He/Him – ISFP-T – Scorpio – Aussie – MeOwner of Lightspeed Inc. – Certified Furry – Ravenclaw – Colour Fanatic ==

Generation 365: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your signature in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
#StandWithUkraine

Comment “Shield upgrade!” on my activity hub to give Astrum another layer of protection! Let's make the biggest code block on Scratch!

this is my kumquat guard Astrum. He has 15 layers of shield. (((((((((((((((¬‿¬))))))))))))))):: #000000

-iviedwall-
Scratcher
500+ posts

T0RRENT_ wrote:

No support, horizontal blocks are from Scratch Jr, and I think that they are a lot more confusing, so this wouldn't be good for beginners.
ScratchJr is for 5-year-old beginners, they don't know much vocabulary so they need pictures to understand. You are just not getting used to these types of blocks.

But while horizontal blocks are hard-to-read on the current editor and requires double-modification, I do not support.
TopGG
Scratcher
500+ posts

-iviedwall- wrote:

T0RRENT_ wrote:

No support, horizontal blocks are from Scratch Jr, and I think that they are a lot more confusing, so this wouldn't be good for beginners.
ScratchJr is for 5-year-old beginners, they don't know much vocabulary so they need pictures to understand. You are just not getting used to these types of blocks.

But while horizontal blocks are hard-to-read on the current editor and requires double-modification, I do not support.
Again, please read this post

⇢ ˗ˏˋ TopGG

#StandWithUkraine

-iviedwall-
Scratcher
500+ posts

TopGG wrote:

-iviedwall- wrote:

Myst-- wrote:

But still, no support even if it's toggleable.

Toggling every time will take minutes if you're working on a long animation or a huge game.
TopGG
Scratcher
500+ posts

-iviedwall- wrote:

TopGG wrote:

-iviedwall- wrote:

Myst-- wrote:

Toggling every time will take minutes if you're working on a long animation or a huge game.
I don't think i understand. Why would you need to toggle it more than once?

⇢ ˗ˏˋ TopGG

#StandWithUkraine

Autofirejm
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TopGG wrote:

-iviedwall- wrote:

TopGG wrote:

-iviedwall- wrote:

Myst-- wrote:

In case someone wants to make a complex project and has to toggle it between horizontal and vertical

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!

Select and shift+down to see the rest of my siggy
“POSTIE-POST”

comment “siggy shortener” because yes
TopGG
Scratcher
500+ posts

Autofirejm wrote:

TopGG wrote:

-iviedwall- wrote:

TopGG wrote:

-iviedwall- wrote:

Myst-- wrote:

In case someone wants to make a complex project and has to toggle it between horizontal and vertical
But still, why would they need to continuously toggle it? Both modes would use the same blocks with the same functions, it's simply just an alternative layout. I don't see the point in needing to toggle more than once, if not twice.

⇢ ˗ˏˋ TopGG

#StandWithUkraine

-iviedwall-
Scratcher
500+ posts

TopGG wrote:

Autofirejm wrote:

TopGG wrote:

-iviedwall- wrote:

TopGG wrote:

-iviedwall- wrote:

Myst-- wrote:

But still, why would they need to continuously toggle it? Both modes would use the same blocks with the same functions, it's simply just an alternative layout. I don't see the point in needing to toggle more than once, if not twice.
What if they do? People can do anything for literally no reason.
SussyBaka2022
Scratcher
100+ posts

VedanshS933 wrote:

This is different from my Only Icons Blocks Suggestion!

Horizontal Blocks look better in my opinion bit there are none of them. So how is this on the Scratch Wiki?

There can be button to switch to them and we can use them. I know all the blocks since I became a Scratcher and I know it will be difficult for New Scratchers. So we can have the Vertical as default and we can switch to horizontal blocks.

Pls Don't Mention ScratchJr as you have told me about it. ScratchJr is different and Scratch is different. ScratchJr is a app and they some people not want to download it (like me). So pls don't mention ScratchJr, mention something different which is not in the Scratch Family.

Myst-- wrote:

Try Scratch Jr. I’m sure you will like it.

Go to Numberblock 35!
(non nb projects :: #ffc0cf)(internet)(antivirus) :: motion
(ouo :: control)( ònó)(Numberblocks :: #123456)(kumquats :: operators)(saviors (family)(siggy caretaker)(world) :: operators)
Hello, I am a half Malaysian half Singaporean Muslim! I am also an NB fan!
TopGG
Scratcher
500+ posts

See next post.

Last edited by TopGG (Feb. 13, 2022 11:27:43)

⇢ ˗ˏˋ TopGG

#StandWithUkraine

scratchgodo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SussyBaka2022 wrote:

Myst-- wrote:

Try Scratch Jr. I’m sure you will like it.

VedanshS933 wrote:

Pls Don't Mention ScratchJr as you have told me about it. ScratchJr is different and Scratch is different. ScratchJr is a app and they some people not want to download it (like me). So pls don't mention ScratchJr, mention something different which is not in the Scratch Family.

(Thanks to butterfly_cat8 for part of the thumbnail for Cat TV used in this banner.)

Suggest purple things on my profile I can feed to Cat Posts, Cat Comments, Cat Replies or even better the Cat Profile in the link.
kat-coder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VedanshS933 wrote:

This is different from my Only Icons Blocks Suggestion!

Horizontal Blocks look better in my opinion bit there are none of them. So how is this on the Scratch Wiki?

There can be button to switch to them and we can use them. I know all the blocks since I became a Scratcher and I know it will be difficult for New Scratchers. So we can have the Vertical as default and we can switch to horizontal blocks.

Support, this is a great idea for this year’s April Fools joke

-kat-coder

(1000 Posts. (✔::operators)(❌::variables)(❌)(❌)(❌) 5000 Posts! 

Useful Links:

To advertise your Scratch project, Go Here!
To play around with ScratchBlocks, Go Here!
To contact the Scratch Team, Go Here!
To check out my latest Scratch project, Go Here!
IsabellaMadri_gal
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support.It would be nice to have a change.

Hi!I’m active on forums and mostly on Qas (questions about Scratch).I’m determined to get to 100+ posts.

Irl, I’m Chinesse,Swedish and Panamanian.Also I love encanto so that’s why I created this account.
I_LOVE_TO_MAKE_STUFF
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TopGG wrote:

Alright, I'm going to try improving on this suggestion, as it already has my support.
-snip-
They should add this to the OP

press ctrl+shift+down to see my full siggy!
1000th post
Scratch Team, please add targeted links for the forums!

FIRST EVER SCRATCH PROJECT!!!!!!! IT'S HISTORY!
I have a github account! I can make Websites!
People in the suggestions forums:
YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!

Check out The Forum Helpers!
#StandwithUkraine I am Ukrainian, and lots of my family lives there, please pray for Ukraine

Helpful emoji: ███
I_LOVE_TO_MAKE_STUFF
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I_LOVE_TO_MAKE_STUFF wrote:

TopGG wrote:

Alright, I'm going to try improving on this suggestion, as it already has my support.
-snip-
They should add this to the OP

Also:

VedanshS933 wrote:

I feel like the forever loop is confusing…

Also, what does the “reset” block do?

press ctrl+shift+down to see my full siggy!
1000th post
Scratch Team, please add targeted links for the forums!

FIRST EVER SCRATCH PROJECT!!!!!!! IT'S HISTORY!
I have a github account! I can make Websites!
People in the suggestions forums:
YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!

Check out The Forum Helpers!
#StandwithUkraine I am Ukrainian, and lots of my family lives there, please pray for Ukraine

Helpful emoji: ███
ayandhisarmy
Scratcher
100+ posts

i support,it looks neat and i think i have a solution to the say block problem
.  :: #4444FF

// hello there hello there
// hello there hello there v
the text would be shortened,but you can click a dropdown to see more.

no support + dupe + rejected + sus + dont care + didnt ask + illegal + codeless + shut + feddy fazbar + sega + Cease and Desist + alison + gorkamungus

thanks to Aadish_1759 and terrariamods for the front facing cat emoji.
say hello to my….
GIANT KITTEN FORUM ARMY!

the scratch spacecraft ( (=^-^= :: #00ffff) (=^-^= :: #00ffff) (=^-^= :: #00ffff) :: ring) :: hat
(cats!)
(shortened due to signature limit)
we will do stuff on the forums!they are also my kumquat fighters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvw2cNQUuUc <cat on ice
funnny