Discuss Scratch

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

Too many times on the Scratch forums have I seen a perfectly fine suggestion get shot down because it was “rejected by the Scratch Team.” This doesn’t make any sense to me because:
  1. The Rejected Suggestions sticky isn’t even made by a Scratch Team member. I know this because I tried looking up “is za-chary a scratch team member” on Google and no sources I looked at said “yes.” This user is clearly not a Scratch Team member, not even in disguise, so I don’t see what makes them so special. For all we know, the sticky could just be a list of things that that user doesn’t want to see in Scratch.

  2. Out of all the Scratch Team members that actually do the “rejecting,” it is none other than @Paddle2See. I’m pretty sure his job is just to close forum topics. He doesn’t even contribute in making Scratch updates, so why should he get to say whether an idea is rejected? I think that @mres, creator of Scratch, should be the one to reject any suggestions. After all, the entire language and website are HIS creations.

  3. There are 44 “rejected” suggestions, and counting. That seems like a lot. I could understand maybe 5 or 6 rejected suggestions, but 13 is too much, let alone 44. The Scratch Team seems like they just enjoy rejecting any random suggestions that they see, and this is an abuse of power. This is why I have to make all my suggestions at 2:00am, because @Paddle2See is sleeping at that time and can’t reject my topics.

  4. The wonderful, all-powerful Scratch Community guidelines don’t even state that people can’t suggest rejected suggestions, so people should be allowed to do so without getting yelled at. If this is really an issue, then they should add “Don’t Suggest Rejected Suggestions” to the Community Guidelines. In fact, it should be at the top of that page, if it’s so important.

Therefore, I think the Rejected Suggestions topic should be unstickied, and then closed, so no one has to deal with it. In particular, all of these rejected suggestions were unfairly “rejected,” and I plan on explaining why EVERY single one of them NEEDS to be un-rejected. I see absolutely no downsides to this suggestion.

By the way, before you say that I’m trying to suggest rejected suggestions, I looked through the entire list, and I did not see “Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky” on it. This means that this is NOT a rejected suggestion, so I can suggest it, and you all can’t say otherwise.

1. Blacklisted chat projects with cloud variables
Okay, let’s start here. I don’t understand why this was rejected, because it just makes it harder to make chat projects with cloud variables; that must have been an unintended side effect. You guys don’t understand how difficult it is to make chat projects with normal variables.

Plus, why are blacklists banned but not whitelists? The Scratch Team is forcing upon us their ideals that we should use standard printer paper to make our grocery shopping lists rather than any form of construction paper. I think construction paper is okay to use, and using printer paper is just conforming to society!

2. Private messaging
Private messaging absolutely needs to be on Scratch. A lot of times I see a project and it’s actually really good, and I want to tell the user that. But I can’t do it on the project page or on the creator’s profile, because then everyone will see it and think I’m a sissy for complimenting someone. I see absolutely no downsides to private messaging; I think we can trust the entire world not to use this function inappropriately. And if they do, the Scratch Team can moderate it. “The Scratch Team currently does not have the resources to moderate it” is not an excuse because they can just hire more people, it’s that easy. If they run out of money, they can hire the younger users on Scratch and just not pay them. I’m sure a lot of Scratchers would be thrilled to be on the Scratch Team.

3. Disable “See inside” or restrict sharing
Here’s the problem with this one. A lot of times when I make a project, I steal sprites from other users and proceed to not give credit. And then other users try to remix my project and so they are directly stealing the sprites, as well. Like, I worked hard to steal those sprites, and now you’re not going to give me credit for the sprites you stole? Like????? What kind of website is this where I can’t steal without stealing?

The excuse given for restricting sharing so only some people see it is not logical, either. Did you know that approximately 97.426% of Scratch users get only 1 view a week? I know this because I made it up. That’s insane. Those users should be given the option to restrict sharing, because they’re not going to get any more or less views either way. In addition, I want to be able to restrict my projects so only I can see them. There is currently no way for me to share a project and then prevent people from seeing it. I want my followers to know that I’m sharing projects, but I don’t want them to see the projects. This isn’t breaking the Community Guidelines because no one will be able to see my project anyway, even if it’s inappropriate.

4. Dislike button or a project rating system
See, but banning this also has a major drawback. Have you ever been front-paged? It’s annoying. You get so many messages and approximately 52.779% of them are just people spamming “946 died by mars.” Who really cares if you died by Mars? With a dislike button, I could dislike my own projects, and then create like 44 alternate accounts and keep disliking my own projects. That way I can never get front-paged again. And the Scratch Team won’t have a problem with my alternate accounts because I’m not using them to gain popularity. Capeesh?

5. Remove the 60 Second Rule
They most certainly should remove the 60-second rule, in favor of a better rule. I want them to make a 604,800-second rule. For those of you who are terrible at math, that means a 1-week rule. First of all, if spam is such a problem, then this would definitely cut down on spam amongst all users, and you can’t really argue with me about that. Moreover, this would cut down on the amount of “mini-modding” (see #28), because why would anyone want to waste their weekly post on something like “Please don’t necropost” instead of something more constructive? Furthermore, I think this would apply to Scratch Team members too, so we don’t result in quite as many rejected suggestions.

6. Delete or edit your comments on other users' projects
This should be implemented because sometimes I comment on someone’s project “good job” but then I change my mind a couple days later. I guess I get into the heat of the moment when I comment that sort of stuff, and then I end up regretting it. I should be able to delete that comment from someone else’s project before more people get the idea that I actually like the project.

7. 3D Scratch
I gotta say, I was completely distraught to see that this was a rejected suggestion. I was working on a project called “Devastating Donut Dash”, a two-dimensional side-scrolling game where you collect donuts raining from the sky. Basically the premise is that the main character enjoys donuts, and hates seeing them on the floor, so you have to run to pick them up or else they’ll fall and go splat and the character will cry and be sad. Anyway it’s like one of those iPhone games where there’s like a shop and you can buy different powers like faster speed, higher jump, and a donut magnet. I’m putting a donut magnet in it because I think that sounds funny.

My point is that I cannot call this game “Devastating Donut Dash” because there are three D’s in the title, and such a thing is rejected, thanks to this suggestion. I was gonna use this project to get front-paged, too. Now I have to call it something boring like “Super Donut Dash.”

8. “Broadcast received” boolean block
No excuse for this one, either. Computer programming was designed to be as confusing and ambiguous as possible, and Scratch should be no exception to this. After all, Python is confusing because you have to indent for no reason. Java is confusing because you have to use semicolons and curly braces for no reason. C++ is confusing because there are two pluses in the name of the language for no reason, making it look like a teacher was writing some kid’s report card whilst half-asleep. Don’t even get me started on Malbolge; you can’t tell me that wasn’t designed to be confusing.

9. Game badges or achievements
This could not possibly be a rejected suggestion. Isn’t the “Scratcher” status an achievement of some kind? As a matter of fact, so is the “Scratch Team” rank. That’s basically saying “I’m on the Scratch Team and you’re not,” which could be very demotivating for some users. Plus, what stops Scratch Team members from bullying Scratchers about their rank? This already happens because the Scratch Team acts like they’re more important than us because of this rank; it’s not like they run the website or anything. Anyway, since this sort of achievement system exists, this contradicts the idea that no achievements may be allowed on Scratch. Therefore this cannot be a rejected suggestion, and should be removed from the list, if anything.

10. Changing usernames
One of the best things about the “Suggestions” forums is that it’s basically a ballot box. Don’t believe me? Why else would people say “support” or “no support” all the time? Anyway, it must be true that popularity of a suggestion causes it to be implemented. Since that’s the case, then changing usernames should be implemented, because literally everyone wants to change their username. They can’t even create a new account because alternate accounts aren’t allowed on Scratch (or at least, that’s what a lot of people think, and so if people think that, then such accounts aren’t allowed on Scratch).

This would not be confusing for the Scratch community because everyone would be aware that they exist. It also would not be hard on any servers because anyone who uses this website would know that you can change your username, whether they are a restaurant waiter/server or not. It wouldn’t be hard on the Scratch Team to follow what a user is doing, because they can just click the “Follow” button on a user.

11. Off-topic or miscellaneous section on the forums
If one used to exist, why did they get rid of it? It was obviously once okay, and I don’t think the morals of society have changed since then. Therefore it should still be on the website. People can be so offended these days.

12. A 13+ version of the Scratch website
This absalootly NEEDS to happen. You see, I am a very very SMART human bieng, and aproximatly 99.999% of all Scratchers cannot match my supreem level of inteligents. I know this statistik because I made it up. I got a 144 IQ from online tests, and that makes me a genius. I know that because I looked up “144 iq” on Bing and it said i was a genious. Anyway, the reason we NEED a 13+ version of the Scratch website is so smaᴙt people like me can talk to each other in piece without anyone else trying to interupt our conservation. The younger people NEED to stay in skool until they are 13 years old or up! Affter alll, I kno thatt I an won off the SMARTEREST peeple on Skracth. so yeah give us a 13+ website plox ty

13. Digital currency or money blocks
This is easy to debunk. If this is rejected, then why is Mattcoin allowed, hmm? Also I could consider loves to be some sort of currency because I am wasting my time and energy to show support for your “red is bad” platformer. As a result, if digital currency cannot exist on Scratch, then neither should Mattcoin or loves.

Also, I think money blocks should exist so players can receive money from the creator. That way you can advertise your project like “If you win my platformer, you can get 5 dollars!” I see absolutely no problems with this system, especially since the project would be free to play (i.e. not cost money to play, for those of you who don’t know what “free” means).

14. Ban minor remixes
Umm excuse me? Like????? If you don’t want to make a 13+ version of Scratch (see #12), then WHY would you make it ILLEGAL for minors to remix projects? According to my favorite web browser, a minor is “a person under the age of full legal responsibility.” That means people under 18, or maybe 21, I dunno. The point is, Scratch claims to be all about remixing projects, and how it’s SO important to keep remixing for the ideals of Scratch, but most people can’t even remix a project now because they are banning remixes made by minors? This rejected suggestion is BAD. Either get rid of remixing, or make a 13+ version of the website, or just let ANYONE remix a project! HECKING GEEZ

15. Add a rank above Scratcher or remove the New Scratcher status
Well, they already added a rank above Scratcher: it’s called “Scratch Team”. Since they already added a rank above Scratcher, this contradicts the idea that they should not add any ranks above Scratcher. Therefore this cannot be a rejected suggestion and should be removed, or at least renamed to say “Adding a rank above Scratch Team”. But I disagree with this, too. They should add a rank called “Griffpatch is Following Me”, because it’s a really easy way to see if @griffpatch is following a user, and clearly that’s a much more rare event than being on the Scratch Team. In fact, then they could add an even higher rank called “Scratch Team and Griffpatch is Following Me”, if both criteria apply to you. I see no downsides to this idea.

Oh wait, that might make it seem like the Scratch Team is following you. In that case, rename the rank to “Griffpatch is following me and I am on the Scratch Team”.

They should also change the New Scratcher status to the “Noob Scratcher” status because they’re noob. To summarize, here’s the list of ranks:

Noob Scratcher
Scratcher
Scratch Team
Griffpatch is Following Me
Griffpatch is following me and I am on the Scratch Team

16. Adding users to work on projects
Well, I’m sure not going to try to ask someone to collaborate with me if they’re not alive. How could the Scratch Team promote collaboration if they’re saying with this rejected suggestion that it’s not allowed? “Live editing” refers to working with real people. I’m not going to program a robot that can collaborate with me. If I wanted to waste my energy doing something like that, I would instead use it on writing this post.

17. Remove restrictions on Five Nights at Freddy's projects
I was not a fan of reading this. I can’t believe this is rejected. I was this close to finishing my studio called “Fluffy Nimble Agreement Fuzzy”, where I put in projects that have the letter E in the title, but then I thought “oh, wait, I bet this combination of letters is rejected”. I looked it up, and sure enough, any projects or studios with the letter combination FNAF are banned from Scratch. In that case, why don’t we ban all projects that can be abbreviated “PM”? This would eliminate “Paper Minecraft” by @griffpatch, and even though it’s the most loved project, loves don’t matter in Scratch anyway. Plus, if we’re supposed to be banning “PM’ing” (see #2), then obviously Paper Minecraft, and all Paper Mario games, should be banned from Scratch.

18: Remove restricted image hosts or add your own websites
I mean, let’s be honest, what’s stopping me from uploading inappropriate images anyway? It would be so easy to do — technology is nowhere near advanced enough to be able to detect which pictures are inappropriate. Computers can’t even read words, like on a Captcha. I could upload it to cubeupload, and then post it on a Scratch forum before cubeupload notices it’s inappropriate. By the time they take it down, it’s already on Scratch. Then everyone will see it and be scarred for life, and all @Paddle2See can do about it is close the topic, but he can’t remove my post. (Think about it, if he could remove posts, then why doesn’t he remove any posts that have rejected suggestions? Hmm…) The only person who can change it is me, by editing the project. So the @Paddle2See will be FORCED to ASK me to take it down “to save the children”. And you know what I’m gonna do? I’m gonna say NO. Hee hee >;D

19: Remove the phone number censor
But what if I wanted to contact the Scratch Team for something? How are they supposed to get my phone number so they can call me? I want to ask @cheddargirl a question, specifically. But the comments on her profile are closed? Like????? Now how am I supposed to report inappropriate content on Scratch? (And don’t say “do it on @Paddle2See’s profile”, because his only job is to close forum topics.) The best solution would be to call the Scratch Team. I mean, it’s not like you can ignore a phone call.

20: Remove “add everything” or “invite everyone” studios
What do you mean “These studios are not against the Community Guidelines”? They break every single rule in the Community Guidelines!
  1. Be respectful: An Add Everything studio is not respectful because it’s like saying “You can add any random projects you want, I don’t care.” See that? They don’t care about your projects! They just think people make random terrible projects, and they are not held to a certain prestige that other studios have.

  2. Be constructive: In no way is an Add Everything studio constructive. “Constructive” means that you are aiming to serve a useful purpose. Add Everything studios do not serve a useful purpose. As already mentioned, they exist to tell users that their projects don’t matter.

  3. Share: This guidelines states that you must give credit to everything. No Add Everything studio that I’ve seen has given credit to every project in the studio. People might end up thinking that the studio owner made the projects in these studios when in fact they did not.

  4. Keep personal info private: Those who make an Add Everything studio have their username clearly displayed as the owner. This is public information, and so everyone can tell that this user is making an Add Everything studio, which should be private information since such a studio is obviously against the guidelines. I’m not sure why anyone would want the fact that they made an Add Everything studio to be made public.

  5. Be honest: Add Everything studios are not honest because they claim to “Add Everything” when this is clearly not the case. There are 3 million projects shared on Scratch, and no studio on Scratch contains all 3 million projects. I know this because I made a project recently that was not added to any studios. This is deceiving the community; you cannot argue with me on this one.

  6. Help keep the site friendly: I think all of the above reasons provide a sufficient explanation as to why Add Everything studios are not friendly, especially since they are already marked NFE (i.e. “Not For Everyone”, for people out there who are at Noob Scratcher rank).

And what do you mean “They are already marked NFE anyway”? If it’s marked NFE, then clearly it’s “Not For Everyone”. This means that it is not appropriate for all ages, and should be removed from the website. Are you telling me that if I create a project that has a bunch of swear words in it, the Scratch Team will mark it NFE, and then oh boy problem solved? No, they’ll likely ban the project! Everything is either appropriate or not appropriate, there is no in-between. So, the Scratch Team should remove the NFE rating and just ban everything that deserves such a rating.

21: Ban “follow for follow” (f4f)
The reasoning for this one makes no sense. It is all wrong. “It’s not enforceable” is simply not true. How do you stop people from asking for f4f? Put it in the Community Guidelines. That’s like asking “How would you stop people from swearing?” You could even blacklist the term f4f via the Bad Word Detector. Saying that it’s “essentially harmless” also isn’t true. Saying “if you don’t want to participate in f4f, just politely decline” is like saying “if you don’t want to get insulted, then just ignore insults.” We all know that ignoring a bullying problem is a terrible idea. Therefore we obviously need to ban f4f, or at least come up with better reasoning as to why it’s okay.

22: Blocking users
This is a really important feature we need. With it, I can block the Scratch Team and then I won’t be able to get any alerts from them. Those who also choose to do so would be able to join me in a world filled with mature projects that can’t be banned by the Scratch Team (because we blocked them). Therefore we may simultaneously satisfy those who want a 13+ version of the website (see #12). Those who do not want to see inappropriate projects can just block those who make them, so they don’t have to see their projects. In addition, if this feature was in Scratch 1.4, then it was once okay, and again, the morals of society have not greatly changed. As a result, there is no reason that this needed to be removed. In fact, I once made a topic that provided a perfectly valid solution here. I made this topic over 3 months ago, and it wasn’t implemented yet. WHY, Scratch Team?????

23: “When stop sign clicked” hat block
As mentioned before, computer programming is supposed to be confusing (see #8). Plus, the stop sign is useless anyway. If I really wanted to stop a project, I could quit out of my browser window; it’s that easy! A second green flag (in the form of a red stop sign) would open up much more possibilities and secrets within games and animations.

24: Ban voice acting
See, if voice acting wasn’t banned, then I would be allowed to do voice acting. But I don’t want to do any voice acting. Therefore the Scratch Team should ban voice acting so I can’t do any voice acting on Scratch. ‘Nuff said.

25: Ban projects with no coding
Just do it, come on Scratch Team.

26: Show when users are banned
Nah, we need to show not only when users are banned, but also why they were banned. This would definitely help others realize what the issue was so they make sure not to repeat it and get banned. In fact, we could make “Banned” a rank below “New Scratcher” (don’t worry, I checked, and “Adding a rank below New Scratcher” is not rejected, so you can’t argue against this), and if you hover your mouse over the rank, it would say “Banned due to mentioning Discord” or “Banned for saying swear words such as ****” (where the asterisks would spell out the bad word that they said). Then people can see it and think “Oh, I better not say that stuff then.” This would especially help if the Scratch Team bans someone unfairly for no reason, because let’s be honest, that happens a lot; it’s about 24.680% of all bans, and I know that because I made it up. This way people scroll over the “Banned” rank and see “Banned for no reason”, so they know the Scratcher was unfairly banned and that they should spam the Scratch Team via “Contact Us” to force them to unban the user.

27: Remove studio activity messages
Honestly messages in general are pointless, so while removing studio activity messages, we should remove every single message system. After all, if I want to know if people are loving and commenting on my projects, I could just go to the project itself and look. I don’t really care about getting comments on a project that I made 5 years ago, so why should I be getting notifications for such a thing? Removing loves and favorites notifications is even better because then users would be forced to make a spreadsheet or some other log detailing all of their projects and how many loves they have. Indeed, this would especially be helpful to see data for all projects at a glance, which is something that Scratch actually does not currently have. All these reasons could also be perfectly applicable to studios.

28: Moderate mini-mods
Yes. This needs to happen because otherwise people will attempt to reject my suggestions. Anyone who says “no support” is a mini-mod because moderators tend to shut things down with no apparent reason. And if enough people say “no support,” then @PaddleToSea will swoop in and close and reject my suggestion, even though that’s not his job. After all, we all know that the Suggestions forum is a ballot box. Why else would people say “support” or “no support”?

29: Scratch Team members should not post political views
I agree with this one — in fact, no one should be able to post political views. According to the Community Guidelines, “Scratch welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.” But Scratch doesn’t necessarily welcome people of all political backgrounds! Ah, ha! Gotcha! As a result, either the Scratch Team should add this to the list, or refrain from posting any political views. If they do share political views, then that is like the Scratch Team advocating one specific political party, and that means the opposite party is not welcomed on Scratch since it does not say otherwise in the Community Guidelines.

30: Bring back the Discuss tab
The Scratch Team has it all wrong here. Not only should they bring back the Discuss tab, but they should replace all four of the tabs at the top of the Screen with Discuss, so there are four Discuss tabs. This would emphasize that Scratch is about talking about your code, rather than merely making code. Indeed, Discuss is actually more important than all of these features combined:
  1. Create: Everyone can talk, but not everyone can create a Scratch project. Therefore I think people should be introduced to the discussion forums so they can actually talk about what Scratch is and how to use it before creating a project. Plus, you can already create a new project via the “+ New Project” button in “My Stuff”, so the “Create” button is actually rather redundant and useless.

  2. Explore: Can’t we already “explore” projects via everything in the front page and the search bar? These features arguably display more possibilities for projects than Explore ever could. Plus, “Trending” and “Popular” need to be removed anyway since Scratch isn’t about popularity. And “Recent” also needs to be removed; after all, the “Recently Shared” tab on the front page was removed, and the “Recent” page is pretty much the same thing, yet it’s still okay for some reason? Plus, the Explore tab renders the “Show and Tell” forums useless.

  3. Ideas: Why would you join Scratch if you don’t have any ideas? Plus, this renders the “Project Ideas” forums useless.

  4. About: Why are you on Scratch if you don’t know what it is? There’s a link at the bottom of the website about this, anyway. Plus, this renders the “New Scratchers” forums useless.

How come no one’s talking about how they removed the “Tips” tab? I thought there used to be one after they unfairly removed Discuss. Are they going to remove the Create tab eventually, too? If they do, they better put a Discuss tab in its place.

31: Remove the Suggestions forum
Just get rid of this. The reason I’m making this post in the first place is because the Scratch Team rejected so many ideas, and the ones they didn’t reject, they just didn’t implement it. I’ve seen at least 10 suggestions with 10 pages of comments each that all say “Support” and yet the Scratch Team doesn’t listen. Five days later I look and they’re still not implemented for some reason? Like????? Plus, the Scratch Team already removed the “Scratch 3.0 Beta” forums, which was practically the Suggestions Forums 2. Why remove this and not the Suggestions forums is beyond my comprehension, and I have a 144 IQ from online tests (see #12).

Also, you can’t say “there have been a number of suggestions made in this forum that have since been implemented.” If that was true, then name 10,000 suggestions that were implemented. After all, that’s “a number,” all right. I don’t think 10,000 suggestions have been added to the Scratch website, believe me -_-

#RemoveTheSuggestionsForumsOnceAndForAllForTheGoodOfTheScratchWebsite
#RemoveTheSuggestionsForumsOnceAndForAllForTheGoodOfTheScratchWebsite
#RemoveTheSuggestionsForumsOnceAndForAllForTheGoodOfTheScratchWebsite

32: Add an “invite all” button for studios
They need to make an “invite all” button so all Scratchers on the website can get my notification. Then I can make them be curator of my “invite everyone” studio, and then I can finally fulfill my dream of having the studio with the most managers on Scratch. Now, you might think that this would contradict my explanation of #20, but I actually will be playing a trump card here and cast my explanation for #22. If I make this studio, and then block the Scratch Team, my studio won’t be marked NFE because I blocked the Scratch Team. Therefore I can still fulfill my dream while blocking that Scratch Team.

33: Ban a certain franchise
Honestly, I don’t like Star Wars, mostly because I haven’t seen it. As a result, Star Wars is inappropriate to me, and so I should be able to report it. In fact, all Star Wars projects should be removed so I don’t have to see them, due to spoilers. Thanks to this, now I know that Darth Man is the one guy’s dad.

Along the same logic, the following franchises should be banned (as well as some stuff I just don’t like): Kirby (Star Allies specifically), any Pokémon from Generation IV or VII, Hy-Vee, Star Trek, Fortnite, the word fortnight, forts, knights, Growtopia, Nintendo Virtual Boy, Diet Pepsi, Cherry Pepsi, any other flavor of Pepsi except the regular kind, Gobo, Nano, Pico, the Suggestions forums, the Weierstrass M-test, the flying squirrel suit from New Super Mario Bros. U, Five Nights at Candy’s, One Night at Flumpty’s, Garfield after 2010, cashews, Discord, and Clarence Blamburger.

34: Remove character limits on comments
Hey, some of us actually WANT to read Wikipedia articles on Scratch! In this way, it’s like the Scratch Team is limiting our knowledge. Removing the character limits will increase the knowledge of the community, allowing them to make 100% pen projects (see #38), and it would sort out all the users with laggy computers who weren’t smart enough to buy a better computer.

35: Show exact post count of other users
…but you already put in a new rank for those with 1000+ posts. Okay. First of all. FIRST OF ALL. I thought you said you DIDN’T want ranks above Scratcher (see #15). Now you’re telling me that there’s a 1000+ posts rank? That is above the Scratcher rank because not all Scratchers have it! Plus, this is saying “this user has exactly at least 1000 posts”, which contradicts the fact that this is a rejected suggestion. If anything, it should only say “this user may or may not have posted before”, so everyone is on the same fair level. And, if you see a post by that user, you could believe (or at least have strong suspicions) that they might have possibly posted on the forums before.

36: Notifications for viewing projects
Okay, @DD-8861 had a brilliant idea for this one. See, I made some projects like 7 years ago that are really bad and cringe-worthy. I have no idea, though, if people still actually view these dumb projects. With such a notification system, I could see if people still view these projects, and then promptly unshare them if they do. I don’t want to unshare them right now for sentimental and religious reasons. As a result, I need to know that people are still viewing these projects, so this system absolutely must be placed in place. Plus, if everyone gets hundreds of views each day just for project views, they’ll feel more famous, and as we all know, Scratch is all about popularity.

37: Delete inactive accounts
But this would be so cool! For instance, @Dhilly hasn’t really been active in like, a week. Rather than delete his account, the Scratch Team should give it to me. Then BAM — instant popularity! After all, popularity is the only thing that matters on Scratch. If you’re going to use Scratch, you may as well make the commitment to always being active, always.

I mean, I quit Scratch for like 3 years, but that’s beside the point.

38: Remove the 50 MB project size limit
Actually, you should remove this, in favor of a 50 KB project size limit. This would further encourage efficient programming among kids, and I suspect it would cause a dramatic increase in 100% pen projects, leading to an overall smarter and more efficient community. Plus, this has zero harm done to the Scratch Team, because they’re not wasting money on any more space — in fact, they’re saving money on this stuff, so they can use it to hire more moderation to include private messaging systems in Scratch (see #2). I see absolutely ZERO downsides to this suggestion.

39: Show when users are online
But you can see when users are online if they comment. This is an indication that they are online. This contradicts the fact that this should be a rejected suggestion, so either remove it from the sticky or remove the ability to post comments and projects altogether. Geez I dunno guys I’m just getting tired of writing this post you guys make me do so much work around here gosh like I have to write this and then respond to your comments and then I have a thing called school and it’s all just like ugh I mean you know what I mean right come on guys you guys are forum helpers you guys should relate to this stuff right I mean come on guys you guys are forum helpers you guys should relate to this stuff right I mean come on guys okay you know what that’s it description over that it I’m done I’ve had it with you it’s over that’s the last straw.

40: Remove the location feature
Yes, this should be done. If this wasn’t removed, then it would be possible to share not only my country, but also my state, city, house address, and the time that I eat breakfast. I think this data is accessible via the .json files within the Scratch website .mp3 cookies, mostly because I made it up. This contradicts the part of the Community Guidelines that says, and I quote, “Don’t share your address or else you’ll get banned from Scratch for a random amount of time from 1 day to 3 years.” So yeah, remove the location feature. It doesn’t really need to exist.

41: Set the editor to look like older versions of Scratch
You know what my favorite version of Scratch was? The Scratch 3.0 beta. That’s right, everything in the 3.0 editor that happened before Scratch 3.0 was actually released. I liked how there weren’t so many confusing extensions. The sound editor was obviously much better because it was simpler, and less complicated. The occasional glitches that you’d find would help kids learn that there may be unintentional bugs in your program, so you can never, ever be perfect when coding something. This would also satisfy the Scratch Cat’s coolness factor, as some guy last year suggested that the Scratch Cat needed to be 20% cooler; well, it was in the beta version. This version of Scratch contained just enough blocks and features that makes it better than 1.0, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, and 3.0 combined.

#3.0BetaForScratch
#3.0BetaForScratch
#3.0BetaForScratch

42: Revert back to older versions of Scratch
But Scratch 1.4 was the best website, and no one can disagree with that. After all, there was no online editor. Everyone was forced to get the offline editor, and this would make it so that no one has to argue about which editor to put online. Also, to remix a project, you had to download it, so that can decrease the willingness of people to remix projects, thereby decreasing the amount of copying and stuff. Also, there was no backpack, so people wouldn’t be able to copy stuff very easily anyway. Also, there were no profile comments, so then no one can spam me with advertising or “feedback” requests. Also, only 3 projects were featured at any time rather than 20, so no one gets to hog all the glory. Also, “studios” were called “galleries,” and I like that word better. Also, popular Scratchers like @thesuperguidegames and @scratchU8 that no one remembers were all on Scratch 1.4, so if we switch the website to that, then they are guaranteed to come back. Also, the entire website looked like it was made in the 1990s, and that was funny. Also, @Paddle2See and @cheddargirl both had better signatures for their forum posts back then, and now they’re both boring. Also, anyone could put up any project tags they wanted, even “waffles”, even if they didn’t create the project, and that was pretty rad. Also, it had a Discuss button, I think; and that was a really good idea (see #30). Anyway, it looks like 1.4 website: 11, 3.0 website: 0. Let’s be honest, the 2.0 website wasn’t that great, either.

43: Increase the 300 clone limit
Who’s @Harakou, and why do they get to reject Suggestions? I thought that was supposed to be @mres’s job. It can’t be @Paddle2See’s job; he just closes forum topics. It can’t be @cheddargirl’s, either; her job is to keep comments closed on her profile.

I can’t believe they’re not even willing to increase the limit to 302. I was making a project called “Devastating Donut Dash”, remember? You can see #7 for details. Anyway, I needed to change the name to “Super Donut Dash”. And I thought about adding some other modes in there. There’s an arcade mode which I talked about in #7, and there will be a money mode that allows you to win money (see #13), and a 302 donut mode, where I put 302 donuts on the screen and you have to guess which one’s better. But I can’t even do that because Scratch does not allow 302 clones. Don’t just tell me to use 300 clones, because that’s not the same.

44: Text-based coding in Scratch
How is Scratch supposed to be an “introductory coding language” if they can’t even introduce you to real coding languages? Like????? They should just get rid of the blocks because no one uses those professionally anyway. Plus, the blocks have text on them anyway, so this is a contradiction that no one can use text to code Scratch (maybe you could code with your eyes closed then or something, I dunno). Oh yeah, and you do have to type some stuff into blocks, further contradicting the fact that this is rejected for some reason. Also, syntax errors do exist in Scratch because I can just try to divide by 0 and then either something or nothing will happen.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook
XxShazammxX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

i AgReE wItH aLl Of ThEsE!
remove the relected suggestions/d!
and that Zacheri,or whatever hus name i ksm, isnt-k evn=mie an schrat htea me bbrg uin dighise!

edit; i linked this to ceebee and they said they'd remove the rejected suggestions! yes!




































ham

Last edited by XxShazammxX (April 1, 2019 04:09:43)


Happy to help!

(Unless I'm the one asking for help )
E_Equals_EmCeCube3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

Support!

4141

RULES:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Baba Is You, anyone?
ME NOT WITHOUT SCRATCH IS [ YOU ]
POWERED ME FEELING [ INSPIRED ] MAKE PROJECT
ALL FEELING [ BEST ] IS GROUP AND [ MOIST ]
OFTEN ME AND SCRATCHTEAM FOLLOW GROUP
NOT ME SEEING SIGNATURE AND NOT FEELING [ CONFUSED ] IS [ POWER ]
NOT POWERED PROJECT NOT FEELING [ MOIST ] IS [ DEFEAT ]
PROJECT NOT WITHOUT LOVE IS [ WIN ]


☆★☆☆☆★★☆☆★☆★★☆★★☆★★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★★★☆★☆★★☆★★★☆☆★★☆☆★☆☆☆☆★☆☆☆☆☆☆★★★☆★☆☆☆★★☆★☆☆☆☆★★☆☆★☆★☆☆★☆☆☆☆☆☆★★★☆☆★★☆★★☆☆★☆★☆★★☆☆☆★★☆★★★☆☆★☆☆★★☆☆★☆★☆★★★☆★☆☆☆☆★☆☆☆☆☆☆★★☆☆☆★★☆★★☆★★★★☆★★☆☆★☆☆☆★★☆☆★☆★☆☆★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆★☆★★☆★☆☆★☆☆☆☆☆☆★☆★★☆★★☆☆★☆★★★★☆★★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★★★☆★☆★★★☆★☆☆☆☆★☆☆★★★☆★★★☆☆★★☆☆★☆☆☆☆☆☆★★☆★☆☆☆☆★★☆☆★☆★☆★★★☆☆★☆☆★★☆☆★☆★☆☆★☆☆☆☆☆☆★★★☆☆★★☆★★☆★★★★☆★★☆★★☆★☆★★☆☆★☆★☆★★★☆★★★☆★★☆★☆☆☆☆★★☆☆★☆★☆★★★☆☆★☆☆★★☆☆★☆★☆☆★☆★★★☆☆☆★☆★★★☆☆☆★☆★★★☆
54329
Scratcher
500+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

REPORTED TO BE STICKIED AND THE OTHER ONE REMOVED!!!!












not really

Click Here To Get Free Loves, Favorites and Follows!!!
(Not edited by moderator - don't impersonate a moderator by adding this moderation since a moderator didn't moderate to add this moderation in.)

;
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

This is most definitely an April fools topic.

Tea. Chocolate.
zafzaf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

SUPPORT 67489793827593275295785 VFGDSHVFvgudzisggduisfvgzSISidbvhjsaoisc

“that's life, goofball, sometimes you lose people. sometimes you lose people you care about. and you never see them again. and the worst part is, you never even get a chance to apologize to them for letting them down.”

give me an internet so I can feel better about myself



Riddle_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

Began reading it..

was confused…

got to the part where you said you stole sprites and all that junk…

fell out of my chair

and giggled


by @athenenocturna
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

BUMP
Less than 24 hours later on the first page, what better way to celebrate the occasion?

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook
Truck11111
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

SuPpOrT!














not

Last edited by Truck11111 (April 1, 2019 13:23:20)


sufferin' succotash!
mars is pretty neat, cool that is
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

Truck11111 wrote:

SuPpOrT!














not
YOU MEAN YES SUPPORT

SAY YES SUPPORT RIGHT NOW

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook
clawthirtythree
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

Stryder7x should make a video on this

“Being on Scratch crashes P*per M*rio”

Out of all sites, Scratch is clearly the
the
the best site to go on.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

these topics have gone too far lol

bottom text
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

You have my support.

This is the best April Fools suggestion I've seen.

Last edited by PrincessPandaLover (April 1, 2019 14:29:12)

NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

support for reasons stated in OP.

Robby_Blue
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

I totaly disagre with numbr 12. what if you're're younger that 13 but still hav 165 IQ. I tried aa lie detecdor on scratch, i said i has a IQ of over 200 and it said i sayed the trut.

Check out my project showing user's stats
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

Robby_Blue wrote:

I totaly disagre with numbr 12. what if you're're younger that 13 but still hav 165 IQ. I tried aa lie detecdor on scratch, i said i has a IQ of over 200 and it said i sayed the trut.
Then obviously you are 13 or older!

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

SUPPORTT T

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
-Accio-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

Supprot for reasons stated in the OP

Hi There! I'm -Accio-

Potterhead | Ravenclaw | Forum Helper | SDS Curator | Science | Math

NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

-Accio- wrote:

Supprot for reasons stated in the OP
duplicate

NilsTheBest wrote:

support for reasons stated in OP.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the Rejected Suggestions Sticky

NilsTheBest wrote:

-Accio- wrote:

Supprot for reasons stated in the OP
duplicate

NilsTheBest wrote:

support for reasons stated in OP.
Thanks for the link! It does look like this is a duplicate topic so I'll close it to keep the conversation all in one place.

Please use the existing topic in the link above.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile