Discuss Scratch

ImmortalJelly13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

I am honestly surprised that its allowed but the word password should not be allowed in names.
I am saying this because lately I have seen many account named MyPasswordIs this accounts can be potentially harmful and most be stopped.

Last edited by ImmortalJelly13 (Aug. 17, 2023 03:22:10)


Does anyone have Garlic? Because I need to ward those pesky Kumquats away.
Be high contrast
Luckiest Person On Scratch™
Forumer/ Former Griffpatcher
Griffpatch wrote:
Hello Fellow Scratchers! Im Griffpatch!




YOU CANT SEE ME







































































you wasted your time looking at my signature.

























I really dislike the word ‘pog’ I don't know why…

















#EndHashtags







I got like 100 posts a day when I started foruming






You have reached the end of my signature now I promise you their is no more…






#SaveAmogus










THE END…








List:
@Nuclear_Melon
@Medians
@BrowserGamez
@CodingPileOfDirt
@TheRailWayNoob87
@11Hashay
@RickAstley (Never Gonna give you up)
@DragonMasterD71
@Zydrolic
@WindowsAdmin
@Fan0Nintendo_64
@EngineerRunner
@AZBIDABOI
@lolhappygir15
Ask to be on the above list on my profile comments
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

eh their accounts are just trolls. i don't think normal people would put their password on their usernames.
Also you can still type your password on the comments.

ImmortalJelly13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

bump

Does anyone have Garlic? Because I need to ward those pesky Kumquats away.
Be high contrast
Luckiest Person On Scratch™
Forumer/ Former Griffpatcher
Griffpatch wrote:
Hello Fellow Scratchers! Im Griffpatch!




YOU CANT SEE ME







































































you wasted your time looking at my signature.

























I really dislike the word ‘pog’ I don't know why…

















#EndHashtags







I got like 100 posts a day when I started foruming






You have reached the end of my signature now I promise you their is no more…






#SaveAmogus










THE END…








List:
@Nuclear_Melon
@Medians
@BrowserGamez
@CodingPileOfDirt
@TheRailWayNoob87
@11Hashay
@RickAstley (Never Gonna give you up)
@DragonMasterD71
@Zydrolic
@WindowsAdmin
@Fan0Nintendo_64
@EngineerRunner
@AZBIDABOI
@lolhappygir15
Ask to be on the above list on my profile comments
-Valtren-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

eh their accounts are just trolls. i don't think normal people would put their password on their usernames.
Also you can still type your password on the comments.
I agree. This suggestion likely won't help much, as one could easily put their password in literally any other text device on the website. And I've rarely seen anyone who uses their username to reveal their password.



Famous quotes:

Za-Chary wrote:

Steve Carell as Scratch Cat yo what the heck bro src

-Rodri wrote:

106809nes wrote:

This is the second-best suggestion I've seen.
Why is it the second-best suggestion I've seen? Well, view this topic to find out!
what in the capitalism, you really had to sneak in an ad lol src

The_Game_ wrote:

From my careful predictions that I have been calculating for 3 whole years, spent thousands of dollars on and have stayed up at night doing; it'll have 1 billion projects. src

wolvesstar97 wrote:

TAGS MUST GO!
THERE IS A SOLUTION: Narwhals! src

WallydogChoppychop wrote:

Scratch cat looked like a mouse src

Za-Chary wrote:

among_us1w2 wrote:

no like in darkrp if you have been warn for failbase class 1 you get warning but if you do failbase class 3 you get warning but next time you break rules you get 5 min jail
This is the greatest slang of All Time. src


More quotes here.
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

If you are wanting to prevent a person from having the same username as their password by having it check to see if the password and username are the same, then sure, as that would promote account security without being too annoying.

However, If you are wanting passwords to be unable to be used by anyone as a username, then that would be both counterproductive (you can figure out a password very easily, the hard part is the username) and very annoying, as people would likely be faced with lots of “Sorry, usernames can't be the same as passwords.”

Last edited by DarthVader4Life (Aug. 16, 2023 16:43:47)


Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
ImmortalJelly13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

DarthVader4Life wrote:

If you are wanting to prevent a person from having the same username as their password by having it check to see if the password and username are the same, then sure, as that would promote account security without being too annoying.

However, If you are wanting passwords to be unable to be used by anyone as a username, then that would be both counterproductive (you can figure out a password very easily, the hard part is the username) and very annoying, as people would likely be faced with lots of “Sorry, usernames can't be the same as passwords.”
no I mean accounts named MyPasswordIs

Does anyone have Garlic? Because I need to ward those pesky Kumquats away.
Be high contrast
Luckiest Person On Scratch™
Forumer/ Former Griffpatcher
Griffpatch wrote:
Hello Fellow Scratchers! Im Griffpatch!




YOU CANT SEE ME







































































you wasted your time looking at my signature.

























I really dislike the word ‘pog’ I don't know why…

















#EndHashtags







I got like 100 posts a day when I started foruming






You have reached the end of my signature now I promise you their is no more…






#SaveAmogus










THE END…








List:
@Nuclear_Melon
@Medians
@BrowserGamez
@CodingPileOfDirt
@TheRailWayNoob87
@11Hashay
@RickAstley (Never Gonna give you up)
@DragonMasterD71
@Zydrolic
@WindowsAdmin
@Fan0Nintendo_64
@EngineerRunner
@AZBIDABOI
@lolhappygir15
Ask to be on the above list on my profile comments
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

ImmortalJelly13 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

If you are wanting to prevent a person from having the same username as their password by having it check to see if the password and username are the same, then sure, as that would promote account security without being too annoying.

However, If you are wanting passwords to be unable to be used by anyone as a username, then that would be both counterproductive (you can figure out a password very easily, the hard part is the username) and very annoying, as people would likely be faced with lots of “Sorry, usernames can't be the same as passwords.”
no I mean accounts named MyPasswordIs
So the first thing, then.

Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

ImmortalJelly13 wrote:

no I mean accounts named MyPasswordIs
People would simply name their account “HereIsMyPassword”

No longer using the forums unless necessary.

Really, stop with the “support/no support” thing. I don't care if you give a reason. If you have a reason you don't need to add this to your post in the first place. Stop acting like your opinion makes a difference. It doesn't. Opinions were never the point. The point is whether or not it's a good suggestion. If you can give a good reason at why this is a good idea or point out a flaw, do it, but don't take sides.
This is not sarcasm.
supernavo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

Elijah999999 wrote:

ImmortalJelly13 wrote:

no I mean accounts named MyPasswordIs
People would simply name their account “HereIsMyPassword”
Or create an account called WhyLoggingMeOut, add their password to their AM, and claim their friend told them it's against the rules to NOT share their password.





Workaround: griffpatch
when gf clicked
forever {
crush downwards::grey cap
when gf clicked
}@loopArrow::control cap

when gf clicked
crush inwards{
when gf clicked
}::grey cap

when @greenFlag cli‎cked
move (10) steps
I'm the dumb suggestions guy. Remember run blocks on blocks?
This signature has been restored from a backup.
(Note to self, if you ever lose the submit button, make your own!)
sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

supernavo wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

ImmortalJelly13 wrote:

no I mean accounts named MyPasswordIs
People would simply name their account “HereIsMyPassword”
Or create an account called WhyLoggingMeOut, add their password to their AM, and claim their friend told them it's against the rules to NOT share their password.
Just ban them when found it's not that hard

Over the years, I've outgrown this website, so this is a mostly inactive account. I might come back from time to time to mess around, but don't count on it. Bye.
VedanshS933
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

Who reveals their password through a username?



Home OS 3.0 Coming Soon!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/880616996/

Post Count - 2000+!
1. Suggestions 1100+ (first time hitting 1000 on a subforum!)
2. Questions about Scratch 250+
3. Advanced Topics 230+
4. New Scratchers 100+
5. Show & Tell 80+
6. Bugs and Glitches 70+

redesigning the signature
ImmortalJelly13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

VedanshS933 wrote:

Who reveals their password through a username?
troll counts and ban speed runners

Does anyone have Garlic? Because I need to ward those pesky Kumquats away.
Be high contrast
Luckiest Person On Scratch™
Forumer/ Former Griffpatcher
Griffpatch wrote:
Hello Fellow Scratchers! Im Griffpatch!




YOU CANT SEE ME







































































you wasted your time looking at my signature.

























I really dislike the word ‘pog’ I don't know why…

















#EndHashtags







I got like 100 posts a day when I started foruming






You have reached the end of my signature now I promise you their is no more…






#SaveAmogus










THE END…








List:
@Nuclear_Melon
@Medians
@BrowserGamez
@CodingPileOfDirt
@TheRailWayNoob87
@11Hashay
@RickAstley (Never Gonna give you up)
@DragonMasterD71
@Zydrolic
@WindowsAdmin
@Fan0Nintendo_64
@EngineerRunner
@AZBIDABOI
@lolhappygir15
Ask to be on the above list on my profile comments
VedanshS933
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

ImmortalJelly13 wrote:

VedanshS933 wrote:

Who reveals their password through a username?
troll counts and ban speed runners

ok….
wat do u mean by ban speed runners



Home OS 3.0 Coming Soon!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/880616996/

Post Count - 2000+!
1. Suggestions 1100+ (first time hitting 1000 on a subforum!)
2. Questions about Scratch 250+
3. Advanced Topics 230+
4. New Scratchers 100+
5. Show & Tell 80+
6. Bugs and Glitches 70+

redesigning the signature
ImmortalJelly13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

VedanshS933 wrote:

ImmortalJelly13 wrote:

VedanshS933 wrote:

Who reveals their password through a username?
troll counts and ban speed runners

ok….
wat do u mean by ban speed runners
they are people who make account and time how long it takes them to get banned usually by trying to get past the filter getting the account hacked spamming or insulting people

Does anyone have Garlic? Because I need to ward those pesky Kumquats away.
Be high contrast
Luckiest Person On Scratch™
Forumer/ Former Griffpatcher
Griffpatch wrote:
Hello Fellow Scratchers! Im Griffpatch!




YOU CANT SEE ME







































































you wasted your time looking at my signature.

























I really dislike the word ‘pog’ I don't know why…

















#EndHashtags







I got like 100 posts a day when I started foruming






You have reached the end of my signature now I promise you their is no more…






#SaveAmogus










THE END…








List:
@Nuclear_Melon
@Medians
@BrowserGamez
@CodingPileOfDirt
@TheRailWayNoob87
@11Hashay
@RickAstley (Never Gonna give you up)
@DragonMasterD71
@Zydrolic
@WindowsAdmin
@Fan0Nintendo_64
@EngineerRunner
@AZBIDABOI
@lolhappygir15
Ask to be on the above list on my profile comments
Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Disallow The Word Password In Usernames

VedanshS933 wrote:

wat do u mean by ban speed runners
Somebody who wants to test the ST's reflexes is the grossest possible way.

No longer using the forums unless necessary.

Really, stop with the “support/no support” thing. I don't care if you give a reason. If you have a reason you don't need to add this to your post in the first place. Stop acting like your opinion makes a difference. It doesn't. Opinions were never the point. The point is whether or not it's a good suggestion. If you can give a good reason at why this is a good idea or point out a flaw, do it, but don't take sides.
This is not sarcasm.

Powered by DjangoBB