Discuss Scratch

DatOneLefty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

PonyoPenguin wrote:

After three years, all of my VPNs have been taken. Press F to pay respects
like, your school's firewall blocked them all?

Scratch data available at ScratchDB (Status)

PonyoPenguin
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

DatOneLefty wrote:

PonyoPenguin wrote:

After three years, all of my VPNs have been taken. Press F to pay respects
like, your school's firewall blocked them all?

I'm pretty sure. All the Chrome extensions have stopped working. I had Opera and Tor installed, then my computer got locked down and I had to take it to the technology administrator, who removed Opera and Tor.

do what makes you happy.
'cause at the end, who's there?
you.
donutmaster400
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

Our computers are chromebooks.

CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

Generalstarwars333 wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

I actually added a password to an ipad so it would be my private one, but forgot it so now we're all locked out of it!
I'm sure the teachers are real happy 'bout that.
LOL
what's even worse is it's stuck on a vid made by a guy who I can't find his youtube acc
IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN MY LAST HOPE OF REMEMBERING!
Oh come on, you locked everyone out of a school iPad and your concern is a YouTube video?

See, this is why schools like mine don't let you do anything with the school computers, even if it's just changing the color of the menus…

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

favorite quote: “A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.”
star sign: cancer
lachlanatbakewell
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

CellularData wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

I actually added a password to an ipad so it would be my private one, but forgot it so now we're all locked out of it!
LOL
what's even worse is it's stuck on a vid made by a guy who I can't find his youtube acc
Oh come on, you locked everyone out of a school iPad and your concern is a YouTube video?

See, this is why schools like mine don't let you do anything with the school computers, even if it's just changing the color of the menus…
no, that's none of my concern, I just really wanted to find out who the guy was.

Just a weirdo who chills here from time to time.
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

CellularData wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

LOL

I mean, we're technically not supposed to do stuff like change the backgrounds, but they no longer have the slideshow gizmo for the desktop, and my 4,756 picture slideshow needs to go somewhere, soooooo

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

CellularData wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

LOL

no, that's none of my concern, I just really wanted to find out who the guy was.
Not to mention that adding a password to make it “my private one” is just the worst idea ever, it's literally school property why are you trying to lock the school out of it

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

favorite quote: “A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.”
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

CellularData wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

CellularData wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

LOL

Not to mention that adding a password to make it “my private one” is just the worst idea ever, it's literally school property why are you trying to lock the school out of it
I think some guy does it in a book somewhere. Ender's Game comes to mind for some reason even though I know it's not the one… Maybe Ready Player One? I'm not sure, but I've definitely seen it somewhere. He was probably trying to imitate that.

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

I found a square-screened IMB Computer that runs windows vista basic. Never got to use it though.

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.
I mostly play Fortnite, Minecraft, the Touhou Project series and Terraria

Oh, you won’t see this without a ctrl+shift+down.
People need better thumbnails.
Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

CellularData wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

CellularData wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

LOL

I think some guy does it in a book somewhere. Ender's Game comes to mind for some reason even though I know it's not the one… Maybe Ready Player One? I'm not sure, but I've definitely seen it somewhere. He was probably trying to imitate that.
Yeah I don't think it was Ender's Game, weren't they all assigned computers anyway? I know he set up extra levels of defenses so nobody could hack him but he wasn't trying to make it his personal one

GipyDanger
Scratcher
1 post

School Computers

I personally think that my school went crazy on the blocking
iamagrocerybag
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

GipyDanger wrote:

Yeah, our school even blocked some educational sites.

“Man those were some good tacos.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

PC specs: Ryzen 5 1600 (12 nm), 16GB DDR4, Asus Prime B450M-A, 1TB WD Blue, 240GB Crucial BX500, PowerColor RX 570
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

GipyDanger wrote:

don't we all

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

DaEpikDude wrote:

GipyDanger wrote:

don't we all
some schools literally do not care and block nothing and dont actually stalk everything you do and it just blows my mind

also apparently my school is disbanding its computer labs and replacing them with sets of chromebooks teachers can borrow???? i mean i guess this is good but i always liked going down to the computer lab

good thing im not going to this school next year, but the high school might end up doing that too eventually

edit: i looked this up and people apparently hate computer labs???

Last edited by CellularData (May 18, 2018 15:42:38)

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

CellularData wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

GipyDanger wrote:

don't we all
some schools literally do not care and block nothing and dont actually stalk everything you do and it just blows my mind

also apparently my school is disbanding its computer labs and replacing them with sets of chromebooks teachers can borrow???? i mean i guess this is good but i always liked going down to the computer lab

good thing im not going to this school next year, but the high school might end up doing that too eventually

I never had to use a computer lab since my county is glorious and gets everyone computers, but I imagine that having computers in your room so you can do the teaching there instead of having to go to a computer lab and probably wait on someone else to finish up would be preferable to most people.

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

CellularData wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

GipyDanger wrote:

don't we all

Computer labs were a thing that existed in primary school for me (that's K-6 btw because it's different in Australia) but we got our own laptops in high school (7-12)

I'm kind of indifferent to them, but I probably prefer just having my own thing so like yeah

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

Oh my school gets like zero funding so we have no hopes of getting independent laptops. We just have chromebooks that the teachers can BORROW for their classroom.

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Earlier in the school year, the computers had a really-easy-to-get-through blocking system for certain sites like youtube.com, all you needed to do was reload the page multiple times and it would give you access to the site. I've tried to go on youtube.com recently and now it's impossible to get through, looks like the school district found out about it, welp.

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

EeveeLegends wrote:

Earlier in the school year, the computers had a really-easy-to-get-through blocking system for certain sites like youtube.com, all you needed to do was reload the page multiple times and it would give you access to the site. I've tried to go on youtube.com recently and now it's impossible to get through, looks like the school district found out about it, welp.
You could try running it through google translate. Just set it to translate from spanish to english and put the link in there and it might work.

Hans5958
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

EeveeLegends wrote:

You could try running it through google translate. Just set it to translate from spanish to english and put the link in there and it might work.
I don't think you can open YoutTube on Google Translate. Also, I never tried it.

Actually, what's the point of blocking YouTube? My school doesn't block it, even we sometimes got a noisy library because of it.

Just an ordinary Scratcher who makes projects and surfs the forums.
Main accountAlternative accountMain account projectsAlternative account projectsMain website (GitHub) • 398 posts as of 20 June 2021

Google for my posts: ZjpZ867tgFSohdGEMaeyXSvAQSyXk5Ew • Google users, please click this link to see the full post.