Discuss Scratch

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

TheAdriCoolManDude wrote:

My school doesn't allow us to play the dinosaur game. How sad.
How'd they manage to do that without like fething over all of google?

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
TheAdriCoolManDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Generalstarwars333 wrote:

No, if you are caught laying the Dinosaur Game, your in trouble.

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

I'm not even gonna go into all the reasons that's stupid.

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
TheAdriCoolManDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Me too. If you have no Wi-Fi, but class has to go, just play the dinosaur game, it won't make you dumber.

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Me too. If you have no Wi-Fi, but class has to go, just play the dinosaur game, it won't make you dumber.
I was thinking more about the reasons for banning that specific game. Like, were kids turning off their internet to play that one game? Surely, there must have been better options available.

TheAdriCoolManDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

I was thinking more about the reasons for banning that specific game. Like, were kids turning off their internet to play that one game? Surely, there must have been better options available.
No, it was just the wi-fi was never working, so they then the dinosaur game was on the screen.

iamagrocerybag
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

The school provided Chromebooks sucks so bad, so I just decided to use my laptop at home to drive most of my school related work. Now, I can't really use my laptop at school since we have a policy agreement called 1:1 where the students are allowed to take home Chromebooks and use them to do homework and such. But I digress. There's a bunch of reasons why I don't like using the Chromebooks. Such as the stupid iBoss SSO Integration filter blocking educational sites; even the ones my teacher assigns. Plus, my laptop is way faster even without an SSD.

“Man those were some good tacos.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

PC specs: Ryzen 5 1600 (12 nm), 16GB DDR4, Asus Prime B450M-A, 1TB WD Blue, 240GB Crucial BX500, PowerColor RX 570
PonyoPenguin
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

iamagrocerybag wrote:

stupid iBoss SSO Integration filter

YEP. iBoss is the same thing I'm dealing with here. Actual news sites/resources for teachers are blocked but I can find any game I want on an “unblocked games” site. Makes sense to me.

do what makes you happy.
'cause at the end, who's there?
you.
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

PonyoPenguin wrote:

“unblocked games” site.
Be careful, some have not very nice games on them.

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

owlannaelsa wrote:

PonyoPenguin wrote:

“unblocked games” site.
Be careful, some have not very nice games on them.

Remember “Can I Eat It?”

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
happyland440
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

There's a policy in Chrome called “allowDinosaurGame”. My district has it set to false.

Primary PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 (EVGA FTW Hybrid), 16GB Trident Z RGB DDR4, ASUS X470-I, Corsair 280X, running at 1920x1080 144hz

Laptop: Intel Core i7 4700MQ, NVIDIA Geforce GT 740M, 12GB of ram, 1600x900 resolution, running Ubuntu 16.10 in VirtualBox 4096MB RAM.
iamagrocerybag
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

PonyoPenguin wrote:

iamagrocerybag wrote:

stupid iBoss SSO Integration filter

YEP. iBoss is the same thing I'm dealing with here. Actual news sites/resources for teachers are blocked but I can find any game I want on an “unblocked games” site. Makes sense to me.

+1 Same problem. I tried doing research for something and when I found a reputable source, it said “prohibited manufacturing content.” Like, how am I supposed to obtain my resources if the “manufacturing content” is prohibited?

“Man those were some good tacos.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

PC specs: Ryzen 5 1600 (12 nm), 16GB DDR4, Asus Prime B450M-A, 1TB WD Blue, 240GB Crucial BX500, PowerColor RX 570
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

I have learned that my school district blocked all of the extensions you can download in google chrome, also they also blocked youtube in Microsoft Word.

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

EeveeLegends wrote:

I have learned that my school district blocked all of the extensions you can download in google chrome, also they also blocked youtube in Microsoft Word.

My school doesn’t block YouTube and Chrome Extensions at all, but they do block Twitter which is annoying because one time my science teacher found a news article with a video about some kids from my school but I couldn’t watch the video because it was on Twitter and thus was blocked.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

My school doesn’t block YouTube and Chrome Extensions at all, but they do block Twitter which is annoying because one time my science teacher found a news article with a video about some kids from my school but I couldn’t watch the video because it was on Twitter and thus was blocked.
that's why teachers need to download videos beforehand

SoftAndWet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Social media sites being blocked isn't exactly something you should be complaining about.

pls add

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

SoftAndWet wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Social media sites being blocked isn't exactly something you should be complaining about.
Yeah, they're blocked for a reason. Imagine if the school didn't block it, it would be somewhat chaotic.

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

EeveeLegends wrote:

SoftAndWet wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Yeah, they're blocked for a reason. Imagine if the school didn't block it, it would be somewhat chaotic.
What I want to know is how you would even get to youtube from microsoft word in the first place.

TheAdriCoolManDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Imagine if your school blocked Microsoft Word…

SoftAndWet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

EeveeLegends wrote:

SoftAndWet wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

What I want to know is how you would even get to youtube from microsoft word in the first place.
Looks like someone isn't a Word pro.

pls add