Discuss Scratch

DesuNyaa
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

if you want to get to the system 32 folder right click on internet explorer and click show file location

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Recently, the Chromebooks at my school have been installed with

SECURLY

Yep, that devil software that only the school IT will love. It blocks any website that it finds “distracting” in some sort of way. I can't access Coolmathgames (I'm aware it's not a math game site) and Mope.io anymore and have to resort to unblocked game websites, even when I'm done with class work. Securly blocks the Sonic the Hedgehog and Nintendo (but not Play Nintendo) websites just because they're about video game series. It blocks Mario Wikia, but not Sonic Wikia.

Securly sets the Google Image usage right filter to only “Labeled for reusable with modification” which means I have to use trash images of my favorite characters and memes.

Worst of all, Securly tracks your data, such as your browsing history and keylogs, and sends them to your parents. Such invasion of privacy. If you log into Chrome with your school account, it will install itself and there's no way to delete it. Fortunately, I use Firefox, which Securly requires complex certificate whatever to work.

I hope my schools dumps Securly later.

Last edited by PrincessPanda_test_ (Oct. 5, 2018 22:29:43)

TheAdriCoolManDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

SECURLY

Yep, that devil software that only the school IT will love. It blocks any website that it finds “distracting” in some sort of way. I can't access Coolmathgames (I'm aware it's not a math game site) and Mope.io anymore and have to resort to unblocked game websites, even when I'm done with class work. Securly blocks the Sonic the Hedgehog and Nintendo (but not Play Nintendo) websites just because they're about video game series. It blocks Mario Wikia, but not Sonic Wikia.

Securly sets the Google Image usage right filter to only “Labeled for reusable with modification” which means I have to use trash images of my favorite characters and memes.

Worst of all, Securly tracks your data, such as your browsing history and keylogs, and sends them to your parents. Such invasion of privacy. If you log into Chrome with your school account, it will install itself and there's no way to delete it. Fortunately, I use Firefox, which Securly requires complex certificate whatever to work.

My school sadly blocks YouTube. The only YT vids I can watch is Khan Academy.

SoftAndWet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

I use Firefox
Woo!

pls add

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

SECURLY

Why does it block Mario Wikia but not Sonic Wikia?
Is EarthBound Wikia blocked

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

why is this topic still active

bottom text
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Soooo… I discovered that the school computers give students no access to the Task Manager. I found this out when Photoshop crashed when I was working on something and I was trying to close the software but I couldn't use Task Manager.

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

EeveeLegends wrote:

Soooo… I discovered that the school computers give students no access to the Task Manager. I found this out when Photoshop crashed when I was working on something and I was trying to close the software but I couldn't use Task Manager.

Did you use that glitch to get Photoshop for free?
When I was in sixth grade a boy in my math class did that to get Photoshop on the STEAM room computers

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

EeveeLegends wrote:

I misread "Task Manager' as ‘Taiko No Tatsujin’.

Last edited by owlannaelsa (Oct. 6, 2018 15:04:59)

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

nickeljorn wrote:

SECURLY

Are the Taiko & Zedd wikias blocked

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
TheAdriCoolManDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

owlannaelsa wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SECURLY

Are the Taiko & Zedd wikias blocked
are the nothing wikis blocked

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

When I was in sixth grade a boy in my math class did that to get Photoshop on the STEAM room computers
No, all of the school computers have photoshop

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Oh.
How do they pay for that?

modedii
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Oh.
How do they pay for that?
They probably have some sort of package. I'm pretty sure my school district has it too.

I'm Modedii
———————————–
“Analyse what feelings are made of, hey!
Try to see through everything, hey, give it a try…”

———————————–
modedii
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

modedii wrote:

1a3c5e7g9i wrote:

modedii wrote:

Our school is giving out Chromebooks, and they're not for anything but schoolwork. Let's be honest, you could probably just delete the history and get away with anything. Not to mention, if you can get your hands on an encrypted browser or something along thse lines, you're set for life.
We used to be able to delete the history, but that was patched quickly. ;-;
honestly, most of the kids in my grade probably don't even know that you HAVE a history page, so I think we're good
UPDATE: They're actually just windows computers, and the teachers probably don't care enough to monitor them, so yeah. I haven't tried anything funky, though.
Edit: Well, I doodle in Google Drawings in class sometimes, but that's it.

Last edited by modedii (Oct. 7, 2018 19:56:56)

I'm Modedii
———————————–
“Analyse what feelings are made of, hey!
Try to see through everything, hey, give it a try…”

———————————–
pearlheart24
Scratcher
93 posts

School Computers

our school uses GO GAURDIAN(yay!). currently can't get on:
most Youtube videos
Shootem.io
Build.io
coolmathgames.com (they let the ELEMENTARY on that so yeah
scratch (only during 2nd period tho)
i'm pretty sure that wikipedia is banned too.

Last edited by pearlheart24 (Oct. 8, 2018 12:26:08)

I have moved to @SizzlingAsh
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

My school got a new system this year that blocks way more stuff, including the search results for “unblocked”, which is a neat bit of work, even with me being on the receiving end of said piece of work. They also blocked google play music(on which I have like $200+ of music because I feel morally obligated to pay for music instead of downloading illegally from sketchy websites in slavic languages), and through correspondence with my principal it seems they're going with a “Why should we NOT block this” philosophy instead of a “Why SHOULD we block this” philosophy, which sucks. They've also done the same thing with images that princesspandatest's school did, setting them to only stuff labeled for reuse with modification. My brother searched “b emoji” and got a hammer and sickle. Makes sense.

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
TailsFanV51
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

I'm in a new grade, I use a school computer every weekday at lunch
It uses Windows 10, and I haven't found a blocked site yet. Not even Scratch is blocked.
I use Chrome btw

Last edited by TailsFanV51 (Oct. 8, 2018 17:05:10)

Come check out Sonic LUX, my Sonic thing!
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Earthbound, Zedd (is that right), and Nothing Wikia are not blocked by Securly.

UPDATE: My school is apparently using the free version of Securly, which only supports Chromebooks. It can only block sites and set usage rights image filter, so I'm reassured. Whatever you do, DO NOT LOG INTO YOUR HOME ACCOUNT ON A SECURLY CHROMEBOOK!
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

TailsFanV51 wrote:

I'm in a new grade, I use a school computer every weekday at lunch
It uses Windows 10, and I haven't found a blocked site yet. Not even Scratch is blocked.
I use Chrome btw
Why would they block scratch? It is an educational website. It literally ends with .mit.EDU. EDU as in EDUcation. And the mit stands for Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a university. This entire website is a glorified, overdone college website. Why would they block a college website? And it is also a huge educational tool for teaching kids about how to code and stuff. Them blocking scratch would be like blocking…heck…I dunno. Google or something. It would be like declaring the library off limits to all students and burning its contents. It would not make any sense. Also, if you have not found a blocked site yet, I do not think you have been trying very hard.

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC