1000+ posts

School Computers

RandomCatz4Life wrote:

fphiladelphia wrote:

RandomCatz4Life wrote:

fphiladelphia wrote:

Generalstarwars333 wrote:

fphiladelphia wrote:

we have chromebooks, and they installed catch-on to them.
Catch-on?
yeah, it is a extension that tracks what you are doing constently. We can't remove it.
that must suck
lol, it does. They usually remove stuff like it after a month or so though.
Good, it would be torture for me since any free second I have I go on scratch or cool math games (that's the only unblocked game website, why is my school system so smart?)
How'd they block google sites? I thought you had to block all of google for that to work or something.

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
blue-circle
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

tiktakturtle wrote:

our school have banned cool math games on their computers
OMG SAME AT MY SCHOOL
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Roblox site is banned at my school, even though you need special software to play Roblox and we can't download software on computers, thus not allowing us to play Roblox.
iamagrocerybag
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

Our district thought it was okay to install a “sleep mode” extension that disables internet activity from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. While I knew about the “sleep mode” thing, I wasn't aware that it was from 10:00 PM. That's when I found out when I was doing my work. Also, this extension had been installed for the elementary and middle schools. I'm guessing they did this because the students are always up at night on their Chromebooks, and their internet activity gets sent to the district's servers. The district probably got tired of reporting their internet activity to the administrator, so they decided to disable their internet activity at 10:00 PM.

It has been like 30 minutes since my internet was enabled.

“Man those were some good tacos.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

PC specs: Ryzen 5 1600 (12 nm), 16GB DDR4, Asus Prime B450M-A, 1TB WD Blue, 240GB Crucial BX500, PowerColor RX 570
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

at my school screens are recorded and saved for later

i love jellyfish
braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

RandomCatz4Life wrote:

fphiladelphia wrote:

RandomCatz4Life wrote:

fphiladelphia wrote:

fphiladelphia wrote:

we have chromebooks, and they installed catch-on to them.
Catch-on?
yeah, it is a extension that tracks what you are doing constently. We can't remove it.
that must suck
lol, it does. They usually remove stuff like it after a month or so though.
Good, it would be torture for me since any free second I have I go on scratch or cool math games (that's the only unblocked game website, why is my school system so smart?)
How'd they block google sites? I thought you had to block all of google for that to work or something.
Nope - they can explicitly block sites.google.com and still allow google.com and so on

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Maria_Chan wrote:

I recently transitioned from Middle to High. In middle school, we could bring our own laptops, but it had to be Apple. Apple was really easy to hack. I simply blocked the remote desktop, made the administrator/root users unable to access anything except the dictionary, and used a VPN workaround to access sites to which then I would continue to pirate stuff like Photoshop, aftereffects, etc etc. Now I have a $100 chromebook (seriously my headphones cost that much -_-). But I got a phone now so I can just use that instead.
If it's YOUR laptop, they can't exactly be force-installing remote control software and stuff like that. They don't own the machine, and so it could be construed as theft when they took control of it. That's why schools in my area ban all personal devices.

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

iamagrocerybag wrote:

No, 28 minutes & 31 seconds
(see the blue banner of your post fore more time info)

Last edited by owlannaelsa (Feb. 22, 2018 15:19:30)

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

I'm going to unfollow this topic to keep my blood pressure at a reasonable level.

Visit the website of Andrew Sun!

iamagrocerybag
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

owlannaelsa wrote:

iamagrocerybag wrote:

No, 28 minutes & 31 seconds
(see the blue banner of your post fore more time info)

Ok, I just woke at that time. It was approximately 30 minutes, I was close.

PC specs: Ryzen 5 1600 (12 nm), 16GB DDR4, Asus Prime B450M-A, 1TB WD Blue, 240GB Crucial BX500, PowerColor RX 570
alpha344
New to Scratch
11 posts

School Computers

blue-circle wrote:

tiktakturtle wrote:

OMG SAME AT MY SCHOOL

Lol same here
iamagrocerybag
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

At my school, they blocked the word ‘meme’.

owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

YAY 2048 ISN'T BLOCKED

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

alpha344 wrote:

blue-circle wrote:

tiktakturtle wrote:

OMG SAME AT MY SCHOOL

Lol same here
Same here had to find another website with 2048 on

SkittyGirl_
Scratcher
28 posts

School Computers

Some things are blocked on our school computers (some are for a good reason,some are not)and i can get around it by installing a free vpn thingy on chrome store.One thing that bothers me than we cant pair blue tooth devices and for my headphones that are Bluetooth had to use a cord to use it with my computer,We cant access settings and cant change our desktop background (probably because a background for a middle schooler's computer might be something “inappropriate”).There was a PSA earlier this week that he principal announced we cant play PC games on our computer,Basically Minecraft,Roblox,Super Smash Bros Crusade,A Hat in Time,FNAF,you name it. They probably put the files of the game on a flash drive and inserted it on their computer and that is why I there some times I see kids playing Minecraft In Theater Class.

Last edited by SkittyGirl_ (March 7, 2018 15:32:42)

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

The computers at my college (which shares a campus and network with the high school next to it) have both internet explorer and chrome installed but chrome doesn't work on some computers. They also updated their site blocker recently and for a few days they had pinterest blocked, which we have school accounts for.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
lachlanatbakewell
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

I actually added a password to an ipad so it would be my private one, but forgot it so now we're all locked out of it!

Just a weirdo who chills here from time to time.
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

I actually added a password to an ipad so it would be my private one, but forgot it so now we're all locked out of it!
I'm sure the teachers are real happy 'bout that.

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
lachlanatbakewell
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

I'm sure the teachers are real happy 'bout that.
LOL
what's even worse is it's stuck on a vid made by a guy who I can't find his youtube acc
IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN MY LAST HOPE OF REMEMBERING!

Just a weirdo who chills here from time to time.
PonyoPenguin
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

After three years, all of my VPNs have been taken. Press F to pay respects

do what makes you happy.
'cause at the end, who's there?
you.