Discuss Scratch

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

➡ The Bug Squishers 2.0 ⬅ ⚙ Code, art, music, and more! ⚙

flamekeeper700 wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

I've been reflecting over my 2020-2021 self in the forums. I'm going to be harsh: If I made my shop back then, I would refuse service to myself. I was, and not exaggerating, a pain to deal with. I do have some leeway with myself. That was 3-4 years ago, and I have matured a lot, and it was my first experience with the forums. But if someone would to look at my posts, especially oldest to newest, my (Beep)ery would be on full display. I don't actually swear, it's for comedic effect And I don't want that to be a first impression of me. Maybe I can ask ST to clear out all of my posts on the topic (it was one of the emerald shops)
I doubt anyone is digging for your posts from 3 years ago or more dude, and yeah you should get a lot of leeway for stuff you did 3-4 years ago because, lets be honest here considering the ages of people on scratch, that was a sizeable portion of your life ago
Heck anything since 2022 is half dead my memory. School was a blip and this school year I swapped to in-person

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

flamekeeper700
Scratcher
100+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

flamekeeper700 wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

I've been reflecting over my 2020-2021 self in the forums. I'm going to be harsh: If I made my shop back then, I would refuse service to myself. I was, and not exaggerating, a pain to deal with. I do have some leeway with myself. That was 3-4 years ago, and I have matured a lot, and it was my first experience with the forums. But if someone would to look at my posts, especially oldest to newest, my (Beep)ery would be on full display. I don't actually swear, it's for comedic effect And I don't want that to be a first impression of me. Maybe I can ask ST to clear out all of my posts on the topic (it was one of the emerald shops)
I doubt anyone is digging for your posts from 3 years ago or more dude, and yeah you should get a lot of leeway for stuff you did 3-4 years ago because, lets be honest here considering the ages of people on scratch, that was a sizeable portion of your life ago
Heck anything since 2022 is half dead my memory. School was a blip and this school year I swapped to in-person
I was a uh, different, person after covid, I've been in-person since I was able to and imma be honest I messed up myself so bad trying to socialize lol
just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

flamekeeper700 wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

I would really hope not… That would be a dedicated stalker lol

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
flamekeeper700
Scratcher
100+ posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

flamekeeper700 wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

yea real dedicated lol
do you remember THIS!?
when green flag clicked
repeat (10)
move (10) steps
end
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

flamekeeper700 wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

flamekeeper700 wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

yea real dedicated lol
do you remember THIS!?
when green flag clicked
repeat (10)
move (10) steps
end
What?? I don't remember that.
Also I try to do background checks (I really only go off if someone has been banned before from a shop, and even then it depends.) but I only go off from the past year

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

Also I try to do background checks (I really only go off if someone has been banned before from a shop, and even then it depends.) but I only go off from the past year
That, my friend, is creepy.

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

Oh well I won't do it then
Edit: Oh yeah I don't search myself I ask in the application form. I kinda panicked lol

Last edited by co0lcr34t10ns (May 20, 2024 17:33:37)

depresso-boiyo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

Edit: Oh yeah I don't search myself I ask in the application form. I kinda panicked lol
i do background checks now for new members trying to join my shop. I have trust issues so its fair. sometimes I go undercover with an alt

TGS banner made by co0lcr34t10ns
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

depresso-boiyo wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

i do background checks now for new members trying to join my shop. I have trust issues so its fair. sometimes I go undercover with an alt
I wonder what undeterminstic does, and if they're less strict

depresso-boiyo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

probably. though i specifically do it for people i don't recognize as normal people on forums. say if undeterministic applied to join my shop, i wouldn't background check bc I know they are a trustworthy user. however if tries to join and they are new with no experience, I'll do a little digging to make sure they are a good person. I only just started doing this tho ever since.. certain incidents arose

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Heck fake severe thunderstorm warnings that raise my anxiety

flamekeeper700
Scratcher
100+ posts

I didn't realize anyone did background checks for scratch shops lol

also idk how much I missed recently, I've been working on making games in an online graphing calculator for the fun of it and that combined with notifications not working isn't that great for keeping track of forums

depresso-boiyo wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

probably. though i specifically do it for people i don't recognize as normal people on forums. say if undeterministic applied to join my shop, i wouldn't background check bc I know they are a trustworthy user. however if tries to join and they are new with no experience, I'll do a little digging to make sure they are a good person. I only just started doing this tho ever since.. certain incidents arose

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

flamekeeper700 wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

flamekeeper700 wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

yea real dedicated lol
do you remember THIS!?
when green flag clicked
repeat (10)
move (10) steps
end
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I wanna see if I should apply for banners. Gimme a prompt and I will make it

depresso-boiyo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

actually yeah I'll give you one. lemme make an order form real quick

Order Type: Banner
Order Details: I would like a banner big enough to fit in my signuature, please make it related to TGS Make it luau themed please (refer to the current TGS banner if your stuck) , animated if possible. doesn't have to be.
Time Zone: GMT-5
Other: for @co0lcr34t10ns to use as practice. i will use it, at the very least as a placeholder till I finally make the actual banner lol.

no codeoword..?

Last edited by depresso-boiyo (May 21, 2024 18:14:47)

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

depresso-boiyo wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

Order Details: I would like a banner big enough to fit in my signuature, please make it related to TGS Make it luau themed please (refer to the current TGS banner if your stuck) , animated if possible. doesn't have to be.
Other: for @co0lcr34t10ns to use as practice. i will use it, at the very least as a placeholder till I finally make the actual banner lol.

no codeoword..?
Got it. Give me some time

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

depresso-boiyo wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

no codeoword..?
Got it. Give me some time
Made it a signature button to fit the prompt. Enjoy

flamekeeper700
Scratcher
100+ posts

Last edited by flamekeeper700 (May 22, 2024 13:10:57)

depresso-boiyo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

I asked for a banner lol but ty anyway! I'll go fill out the review form now (if there is one)

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

depresso-boiyo wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

I asked for a banner lol but ty anyway! I'll go fill out the review form now (if there is one)
You said to fit in signature so I thought this would be good