Discuss Scratch

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

➡ The Bug Squishers 2.0 ⬅ ⚙ Code, art, music, and more! ⚙

Hey, I'm gonna be leaving. Sorry for the inconvenience. Just really busy with Soundwave Productions, my own shop building on the sly, life, school, and SWC. Bye, everyone! I might come around occasionally to bump with a little comment…

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
Retired founder of Soundwave Productions click me, fufu~
Co-owner of The Glow Shop click me, fufu~
Co-owner of Ville de L'Art click me, fufu~
——
ı|ı|ı Script SWC July '24 ı|ı|ı
♕ Classical SSC May '24 ♕
⸙ Epistolary SWC March '24 ⸙
just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

(#381)
Hey, I'm gonna be leaving. Sorry for the inconvenience. Just really busy with Soundwave Productions, my own shop building on the sly, life, school, and SWC. Bye, everyone! I might come around occasionally to bump with a little comment…
Goodbye Blau. You'll always be welcome to rejoin.

Last edited by just-a-hriday (April 10, 2024 01:41:44)

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

just-a-hriday wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

(#381)
Thanks, man. See ya.

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
Retired founder of Soundwave Productions click me, fufu~
Co-owner of The Glow Shop click me, fufu~
Co-owner of Ville de L'Art click me, fufu~
——
ı|ı|ı Script SWC July '24 ı|ı|ı
♕ Classical SSC May '24 ♕
⸙ Epistolary SWC March '24 ⸙
Mithil_S
Scratcher
21 posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

just-a-hriday wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

(#381)
Thanks, man. See ya.
Bye
flamekeeper700
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Peace dude, good luck with everything
just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

(#381)
You will be missed.
ilovestories
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Order Type: Code.
Order Details: I want a system that encrypts and decrypts strings of text, numbers, and symbols.
Time Zone: Central.
Other: I can't find a codeword, hope there isn't one.

Last edited by ilovestories (April 10, 2024 15:44:32)

Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ilovestories wrote:

Order Details: I want a system that encodes and decodes strings of text, numbers, and symbols.
Encoding and decoding how? Into numbers, or letters, or some other form?

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)

ilovestories
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Malicondi wrote:

ilovestories wrote:

Order Details: I want a system that encodes and decodes strings of text, numbers, and symbols.
Sorry, I meant encryption/decryption. It's for save codes, and I don't want people to cheat.

ItBeJC
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ilovestories wrote:

Malicondi wrote:

ilovestories wrote:

Sorry, I meant encryption/decryption. It's for save codes, and I don't want people to cheat.
MINE

EDIT: Can you put a list of the characters you need encoded into a project and send it to me?

Last edited by ItBeJC (April 10, 2024 15:50:08)

Game Is Game.

My King Message:
King like Kendrick, Drake took the L;hotline bling I'm like Rod Wave cuz I sing but I'm black yea we got a brotha as a king I needa queen like elizabeth can't be broke or else I might choke yea I'm with the times I'm woke yea I speak and I spoke I'm Light Yagami cuz' I write a note yea my life is an anime, spiderman and aunt may, this ain't no game no I do not play yea like the mando this is the way and I could freestyle like this all day cuz i got that crown and this golden ring cuz I'm king. –>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–> {Shift + Down Arrow To See The Gang}

Da Gang: (There's no order, just a list so don't take any offense)
@OneTapTK
@kanomaster
@Mrhaxalot123
@depresso-boiyo
@-YourLocalPhantom
@TheGl1tchedDrag0n
@-GaIaxy_cat- (spelled with capitol i and not a lowercase L)
@glitcX
@MistaLOD
@TeslaDummy
@-cloudcoding-
@kinosaurs515
@semisupervised
@-The_Destroyer-
@iiucandyfloss
@xxxxxxx-70
@just-a-hriday
undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ilovestories wrote:

Malicondi wrote:

ilovestories wrote:

That is physically impossible. You cannot make it uncheatable, it just isn't possible because if you encrypt say a score in a clicker game, so n -> F(n). And a decryption function x -> G(x) where G(F(n)) is n. This makes sense, but because scratch is open source somebody could easily calculate F(score we want) and use that save code

yes
ilovestories
Scratcher
1000+ posts

undeterminstic wrote:

That is physically impossible. You cannot make it uncheatable, it just isn't possible because if you encrypt say a score in a clicker game, so n -> F(n). And a decryption function x -> G(x) where G(F(n)) is n. This makes sense, but because scratch is open source somebody could easily calculate F(score we want) and use that save code
I just want it to be harder to.

undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ilovestories wrote:

undeterminstic wrote:

For every save code you could calculate sha-256 inverse of the score, although sha-256 inverse takes forever, but it could still work.

yes
ilovestories
Scratcher
1000+ posts

undeterminstic wrote:

ilovestories wrote:

undeterminstic wrote:

For every save code you could calculate sha-256 inverse of the score, although sha-256 inverse takes forever, but it could still work.
???

undeterministic
Scratcher
500+ posts

ilovestories wrote:

undeterminstic wrote:

ilovestories wrote:

undeterminstic wrote:

???
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66607696/reverse-sha-256-sigma0-function-within-complexity-of-on

ItBeJC
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@ilovestories can you send me a list of characters you want to be encoded?

Game Is Game.

My King Message:
King like Kendrick, Drake took the L;hotline bling I'm like Rod Wave cuz I sing but I'm black yea we got a brotha as a king I needa queen like elizabeth can't be broke or else I might choke yea I'm with the times I'm woke yea I speak and I spoke I'm Light Yagami cuz' I write a note yea my life is an anime, spiderman and aunt may, this ain't no game no I do not play yea like the mando this is the way and I could freestyle like this all day cuz i got that crown and this golden ring cuz I'm king. –>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–> {Shift + Down Arrow To See The Gang}

@OneTapTK
@kanomaster
@Mrhaxalot123
@depresso-boiyo
@-YourLocalPhantom
@TheGl1tchedDrag0n
@glitcX
@MistaLOD
@TeslaDummy
@-cloudcoding-
@kinosaurs515
@semisupervised
@-The_Destroyer-
@iiucandyfloss
@xxxxxxx-70
@just-a-hriday
depresso-boiyo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ItBeJC wrote:

(you can't claim code orders btw)

TGS banner made by co0lcr34t10ns
ilovestories
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ItBeJC wrote:

I think I just need numbers and ".".
Maybe do - too, because I can't remember what all the codes I have use.

Last edited by ilovestories (April 10, 2024 16:01:53)

ItBeJC
Scratcher
1000+ posts

depresso-boiyo wrote:

ItBeJC wrote:

(you can't claim code orders btw)
Oops I forgot
I'm used to the GlowShop.
Ok so just numbers, period, and dash.

Last edited by ItBeJC (April 10, 2024 16:51:45)

Game Is Game.

My King Message:

@OneTapTK
@kanomaster
@Mrhaxalot123
@depresso-boiyo
@-YourLocalPhantom
@TheGl1tchedDrag0n
@glitcX
@MistaLOD
@TeslaDummy
@-cloudcoding-
@kinosaurs515
@semisupervised
@-The_Destroyer-
@iiucandyfloss
@xxxxxxx-70
@just-a-hriday
Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ilovestories wrote:

I think I just need numbers and ".".
Maybe do - too, because I can't remember what all the codes I have use.
Would this work? It encodes the characters provided into binary, which makes it harder to hack, but it's never truly impossible to make a unhackable savecode.

Edit: Also the project explains how it works inside.

Last edited by Malicondi (April 10, 2024 17:18:39)

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)