Discuss Scratch

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

I don't write posts very well, so no support.

So? Respectfully, that's your problem. It encourages people to elaborate more so other people can understand what the OP is saying without taking up posts

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”
If your computer can't see images from Cubeupload, that's not my problem
Tired of the limited emojis? Go to Forumoji and get more!
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | 1000th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 7th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.

DangerPuppy10
Scratcher
500+ posts

RecessFailsOffical wrote:

TheEpikGamer211 wrote:

I don't write posts very well, so no support.

So? Respectfully, that's your problem. It encourages people to elaborate more so other people can understand what the OP is saying without taking up posts

DangerPuppy10 wrote:

DangerPuppy10 wrote:

(#29)
For some people, they might not be able to explain it well, or get that many words in because it's just self explanatory. No support.

cactus-cacti wrote:

(#30)
Wouldn’t this just result in:

Topic: Dark Mode
Desc.: ^^ hadehsadhhhdfhhhgfdssdccvhnjjkkkkjnbfdssdgnjmhbvcdfbnmmjbsbvghhejhsbbhsjajhnbbahabhhnnnnjshsnsbsnsnhsnshnshshshsjsjssj

(#23)

RethinkingVoxels wrote:

You can just spam a bunch of unnecessary stuff. No support
King of the page no edits

Yeah, but it encourages people to elaborate more.

Guys, you can explain dark mode into further detail. You can explain a lot into further detail.

From the OP of the Dark Theme suggestion, there are 202 characters, excluding “Hello” and “Techno”.

Techno-CAT wrote:

The dark theme existed in Scratch 1x, but the developers got rid of it in 2x.

Why not re-implement it? Sometimes bright white can be straining to the eyes, hence need for an option to enable a dark mode.

I never talked about dark mode, WHY IS EVERYBODY TALKING ABOUT DARK MODE!?!?!?!?!!?!!??!!?!?!?
Like some other people said, this would encourage people to spam because they just can't explain it any further. Not all ideas need much explaining…do not sue me over dark mode. Sure, you could also put reasoning in there, but what if you don't have any more reasoning. This would also make suggestions harder to make, as it would be quite difficult for some people to make 200 character posts over something like…a hide block (I know this exists it's just an example.) And if people can't meet the 200 character mininum, they either commit spamming, or scrap the idea entirely.
aaaah yes, making it harder to make good suggestions would be AMAZING .

WORSHIP RUBBER DUCK!!!!
I shall

I live in the suggestions sub-forum.

I might move into a 5-star forum!! I think it's called A“bout Scratch”?
YIPPEEEEEE

Workaround chart:

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DangerPuppy10 wrote:

-snip-

Ok, here ya go

The hide block would be a block that can hide the current sprite. It would be in “Looks” because it changes the sprite's appearance. It could be used if you were trying to make the sprite do something later in your project, but not at a designated time.

253 characters

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | 1000th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 7th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

American-Armenian

Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The problem is people can just do this:

Title.
akldfajklfaldksfalkdfjaldksflakjdflkajdlfkjadlkfalkdjflkajdflaksdjflkajflkajdflkajslkdfjasldjflaskfjklsajfal etc.
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

(#45)

Title.
akldfajklfaldksfalkdfjaldksflakjdflkajdlfkjadlkfalkdjflkajdflaksdjflkajflkajdflkajslkdfjasldjflaskfjklsajfal etc.

So many people say the same thing. I'm literally going to add it to the OP now.

I know people can spam text, but it encourages people to elaborate more. People that are *something* enough to not explain their suggestion in less than 200 characters.

Please read through the thread before replying or making an argument.

American-Armenian

EDawg2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I made an incredibly simple suggestion and the OP is 240 characters long (excluding the hyperlink and tags).

EDawg2011 wrote:

According to English grammar, the first letter of the first and last words of a title must always be capitalized; the “Account settings” thing just sticks out like an ugly sore thumb. It can't take more than a few minutes to fix it, can it?
Also, here's a message informing you when your suggestion is below the character requirement.
Your suggestion must be at least 200 characters long (excluding the title). Try explaining it in more depth.

Last edited by EDawg2011 (March 4, 2024 00:13:21)

Please note that I may sometimes make a mistake and give wrong information.

Can you please put this at/near the top of your signature and tell people that tag spam isn't allowed and it manipulates the algorithm, to start a chain and spread the word? https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/747346/?page=1#post-7864829 - Thanks, @EDawg2011.

But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.

(Highlight text + down arrow + shift to see the rest of my signature.)

Help find out who ate @cheddargirl's signature! l me when i accidentally spread misinformation l Platformer Skibidi

<0-0::sensing>//This is Charles; he protects my signature from evil kumquats.
when I'm spawned::events hat//This is the code Charles' brain runs on.
forever
if <[100] > (distance to [an evil kumquat v])> then
delete the evil kumquat::control
end
end

Be moist.

portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More words aren't always needed.

Last edited by portalpower (March 4, 2024 00:30:13)

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
glitcX
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In QaS, this wouldn't be good.

Last edited by Kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

PS4 User/FALL GUYS/YouTuber/Pokémon TCG/♬ Clarinet ♬/Terraria
To order dial the number on your screen. Each sold separately.
Terms apply.

BUY KUMQUAT GUARD NOW!

:)
Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

glitcX wrote:

In QaS, this wouldn't be good.
title specifically said this is for suggestions.

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)

DangerPuppy10
Scratcher
500+ posts

DangerPuppy10 wrote:

-snip-

Ok, here ya go

The hide block would be a block that can hide the current sprite. It would be in “Looks” because it changes the sprite's appearance. It could be used if you were trying to make the sprite do something later in your project, but not at a designated time.

253 characters
Fine. You conviced me with using dark mode and the hide block against me.
But still, no support.

WORSHIP RUBBER DUCK!!!!
I shall

I live in the suggestions sub-forum.

I might move into a 5-star forum!! I think it's called A“bout Scratch”?
YIPPEEEEEE

Workaround chart:

Caramels_Secrets
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm sorry, but no support. Topics that need to be incredibly long like The Official List of Rejected Suggestions would have to close or shorten their words by like, a lot.

Last edited by Caramels_Secrets (March 4, 2024 01:35:42)

Your local Roblox girl.
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 120.0, No Flash version detected.

IT'S xD NOT XD!!!
I'm like Barbie 2.0 lol.
Check out my projects & my studios!
Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Caramels_Secrets wrote:

I'm sorry, but no support. Topics that need to be incredibly long like The Official List of Rejected Suggestions would have to close or shorten their words by like, a lot.
this suggestion is for a minimum requirement, not maximum.

Last edited by Malicondi (March 4, 2024 01:43:07)

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)

Caramels_Secrets
Scratcher
100+ posts

Malicondi wrote:

Caramels_Secrets wrote:

this suggestion is for a minimum requirement, not maximum.
Okay.

Your local Roblox girl.
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 120.0, No Flash version detected.

IT'S xD NOT XD!!!
I'm like Barbie 2.0 lol.
Check out my projects & my studios!
starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I say 100 characters instead

publicly controlled signature! -*I don’t always necessarily endorse or agree with what it says*

———————————————— ꒰ hello there ! ꒱ ————————————————
s͟t͟a͟r͟l͟i͟gh͟t͟ s.her » muslim#freepalestineforumer!has 2100+ forum posts
pakistani ᵎᵎ palestine supporter! cat person 2018 was 6 years ago?!
rounded 1000th postactual 1000th postpython historymy first forum post :D
» order at starpeach city! ৲ join the star bankmy notebookofftopic replies here )
———————————————— ꒰ goodbye ! ^^ ꒱ ————————————————
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

That's too short.

American-Armenian

GlitchedThrough
New Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

That's too short.
You can get a lot of detail in under 100 words without adding in worthless statements that add nothing to the suggestion.
The bare minimum to a suggestion is that it makes sense, so no minimum word count would allow this to remain.

Imagine a good signature
..I'm a hobbyist engineer. IG that's interesting. I also program
I love electricity, and have a good level of knowledge on it.
the_awsome_penguinja
Scratcher
500+ posts

DangerPuppy10 wrote:

DangerPuppy10 wrote:

-snip-

Ok, here ya go

253 characters
Fine. You conviced me with using dark mode and the hide block against me.
But still, no support.
why do you still not support

finally back on scratch

There is definitely a feature on Scratch where if you don't follow me, a penguin will come to your house and eat all your food and blow up your fridge.

THIS IS NOT A LIE

boring triple ninja
QUADRUPLE NINJAAAAAA

The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

Title.

That's spam and that'd get a post removed

Making a counterargument? Look here first!
An evil kumquat ate my first username lol

Call me Sushi!

They/He/It/She in order of preference

A little part of me dies inside when someone says, “He/She” instead of just using they-

Try to refrain from saying, ‘No support’. It comes off as extremely negative. “The forums are for criticism! Don't post it you don't want it!” Agreed. But I never said that you should agree with everyone. No suggestion will ever be perfect
What sounds more constructive?
“No support, people would spam with it”
“This would lead to a lot of spam, since people can't get away from it. Not to mention, it might upset a few people with the way it's implemented”

In #1, you didn't help OP at all. You said you didn't like it, and why. Nothing else. Not even what was causing the issue of spam
In #2, you pointed out the flaws and the root causes of them. Flaws shouldn't always get a suggestion absolutely ignored

And simply supporting doesn't always help either. It's not a voting system, it's improving your ideas. There's going to be cons, there's going to be flaws, and that's the point of the suggestions. No suggestion is ever 100% perfect in any way
Here are some things you can look out for:
-Are there any flaws/cons that haven't been addressed or fixed?
-Is this idea fully flushed out? Or are there some questions you can ask?
-Are there any flaws that you know how to fix or do you know how to flush something out a bit more?
-Is there anyone else who is confused and needs some clarification?

If you don't have to do any of these, then you can move on!

Is a suggestion unable to be added because it's just impossible? Point out why and have them decide what to do next
But still, try not to say ‘no support’
The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

GlitchedThrough wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

That's too short.
You can get a lot of detail in under 100 words without adding in worthless statements that add nothing to the suggestion.
The bare minimum to a suggestion is that it makes sense, so no minimum word count would allow this to remain.
200 isn't that much once you actually type it out. If you care about your suggestion, then you should say more about it, so people will be less confused and it'd be easier to work out problems.

Making a counterargument? Look here first!
An evil kumquat ate my first username lol

Call me Sushi!

They/He/It/She in order of preference

A little part of me dies inside when someone says, “He/She” instead of just using they-

Try to refrain from saying, ‘No support’. It comes off as extremely negative. “The forums are for criticism! Don't post it you don't want it!” Agreed. But I never said that you should agree with everyone. No suggestion will ever be perfect
What sounds more constructive?
“No support, people would spam with it”
“This would lead to a lot of spam, since people can't get away from it. Not to mention, it might upset a few people with the way it's implemented”

In #1, you didn't help OP at all. You said you didn't like it, and why. Nothing else. Not even what was causing the issue of spam
In #2, you pointed out the flaws and the root causes of them. Flaws shouldn't always get a suggestion absolutely ignored

And simply supporting doesn't always help either. It's not a voting system, it's improving your ideas. There's going to be cons, there's going to be flaws, and that's the point of the suggestions. No suggestion is ever 100% perfect in any way
Here are some things you can look out for:
-Are there any flaws/cons that haven't been addressed or fixed?
-Is this idea fully flushed out? Or are there some questions you can ask?
-Are there any flaws that you know how to fix or do you know how to flush something out a bit more?
-Is there anyone else who is confused and needs some clarification?

If you don't have to do any of these, then you can move on!

Is a suggestion unable to be added because it's just impossible? Point out why and have them decide what to do next
But still, try not to say ‘no support’