Discuss Scratch

among_us1w2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

no support 1k posters use less than 200

dont just say “dont ban evade” or “wrong topic” for a question. answer it, and THEN tell them that this is the wrong topic or not to ban evade. giving just “rejected” and putting the college essay that is TOLORS is not enough. Explain! dont just use ctrl-c ctrl-v! even if it is not what some people want, explain the rejection! answer the question! the forums are not a place to repeat others, they are a place to innovate! anyway who wants to minimod?

scratchers on the forums from 10-500 posts have at most, a 7 short sentence span for replies. if you cant keep your posts in this range, then dont act suprised when someone asks for simplified version
bag randomizer for good games
experience the true chicken nuggies theft simulator : gobo | story
(Removed by Moderator - People with a TV head for a profile picture cannot discuss about the heart and soul of art) /j
OwO :: #44bd8d
^-^ :: #44bd8d
cactus-cacti
Scratcher
100+ posts

RecessFailsOffical wrote:

portalpower wrote:

This will just encourage spam. If people want to say stuff, they'll say it in the op.

wdym

your post is saying something negative and positive abt the suggestion….

also how does it encourage spam?
it might make people have to say unnecessary things because their suggestion is very simple

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cactus-cacti wrote:

portalpower wrote:

This will just encourage spam. If people want to say stuff, they'll say it in the op.

wdym

it might make people have to say unnecessary things because their suggestion is very simple

that's… not true.

i literally explained
hide

AND

dark mode,

the two simplest features in more than 200 characters.

it's not that much to ask for.

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”
If your computer can't see images from Cubeupload, that's not my problem
I'm kinda active now on the forums, but let's hope and pray they give us computers this year lol
I ACTUALLY REACHED 1000+ POSTS
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

among_us1w2 wrote:

no support 1k posters use less than 200

are 1k posters in suggestions?

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”
I'm kinda active now on the forums, but let's hope and pray they give us computers this year lol
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.

cactus-cacti
Scratcher
100+ posts

i literally explained
hide

AND

dark mode,

It really is. Not everyone can extend their post that much.

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cactus-cacti wrote:

i literally explained
hide

AND

dark mode,

..and how?

try me

American-Armenian

Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why overcomplicate the suggestion? If the suggestion only needs a single sentence, or even just the title why add more characters. Often times a short one or two sentence is much easier to read and understand, compared to a paragraph or 2.

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)

ilovestories
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support.
Some suggestions don't need that much.
If someone doesn't understand, then they can just ask.

In my opinion, AI is the most disputed topic on Scratch. I'm not kidding. This topic about adding AI to Scratch got 5 pages of posts in 2 hours, all of it full of AI arguments. People even got to insulting each other. It's crazy.
cactus-cacti
Scratcher
100+ posts

cactus-cacti wrote:

i literally explained
hide

AND

dark mode,

..and how?

try me
I wasn't thinking a specific example, but just that some users might not be able to expand their posts.

GlitchedThrough
New Scratcher
1000+ posts

cactus-cacti wrote:

portalpower wrote:

wdym

that's… not true.

i literally explained
hide

AND

dark mode,

And you can literally explain both in under 200 characters

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, web dev, electrical engineer, etc
DangerPuppy10
Scratcher
500+ posts

Let's add an AC sprite!

(not in post -Oh, I don't have enough characters!)

a;lksnglka;sjgl;sjgl;askjgd;lsdjg;lsdjg,s v./,ms;lgnsdlg;sld;fh,j,fgsldjgls;kjfgs;..adfkaljdflkajs;k ankg;an;dfsja;kfdja;sldfj,asjf;lasjf;lskajfa;skfj;askhfna,snv,hsneifuarh;lawkj;lajsg;lakhsofjkl;aj

(not in post - Good!)

less active on forums (for now)
(also, vote for a piece to be made in a monopoly game im making https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/35438513 )

I shall

Workaround chart:

starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DangerPuppy10 wrote:

Let's add an AC sprite!

a;lksnglka;sjgl;sjgl;askjgd;lsdjg;lsdjg,s v./,ms;lgnsdlg;sld;fh,j,fgsldjgls;kjfgs;..adfkaljdflkajs;k ankg;an;dfsja;kfdja;sldfj,asjf;lasjf;lskajfa;skfj;askhfna,snv,hsneifuarh;lawkj;lajsg;lakhsofjkl;aj

(not in post - Good!)
We should add an ac sprite. This could be cool for a lot of projects, such as projects that show a bedroom, because bedrooms have ACs. Anyways, new sprites always spark creativity in new scratchers so they can create new projects. So adding this would spark creativity among many.

Bam, 279 characters.

———————————————— ꒰ hello there ! ꒱ ————————————————
s͟t͟a͟r͟l͟i͟gh͟t͟ s.her » muslim#freepalestineforumer!has 2100+ forum posts
pakistani ᵎᵎ palestine supporter! cat person 2018 was 6 years ago?!
rounded 1000th postactual 1000th postpython historymy first forum post :D
» order at starpeach city! ৲ join the star bankmy notebookofftopic stuff here )
the forums kitaesthetic notes tutmy fpcastarchatscratch - the journey
———————————————— ꒰ goodbye ! ^^ ꒱ ————————————————
cactus-cacti
Scratcher
100+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

DangerPuppy10 wrote:

Let's add an AC sprite!

(not in post - Good!)
We should add an ac sprite. This could be cool for a lot of projects, such as projects that show a bedroom, because bedrooms have ACs. Anyways, new sprites always spark creativity in new scratchers so they can create new projects. So adding this would spark creativity among many.

Bam, 279 characters.
That elaboration is unnecessary.

GlitchedThrough
New Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

DangerPuppy10 wrote:

Let's add an AC sprite!

(not in post - Good!)

Bam, 279 characters.
And that doesn’t make @DangerPuppy10’s version any less valid.

YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, web dev, electrical engineer, etc
portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cactus-cacti wrote:

portalpower wrote:

wdym

that's… not true.

i literally explained
hide

AND

dark mode,

There is nothing to say about it past the basic function. The only difference between your extra descriptions and keyboard spam is that yours is grammatically correct. Also if you genuinely expect people to read the entirety of a 6 page topic before posting, then you're delusional.

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ok, ok.. check this out.

(this is without my suggestion)

Title “new block”

“we should add a block that lets you invert colors”

that needs elaboration.

American-Armenian

GlitchedThrough
New Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ok, ok.. check this out.

(this is without my suggestion)

Title “new block”

“we should add a block that lets you invert colors”

that needs elaboration.
If someone can’t understand “Invert colors” then they can never comprehend the forums.
“Invert colors”
Well, presumably, we can assume that this is the stage colors. We can also assume it has a modifiable target, that is, you select what is inverted.
But, fine, I’ll bite.
“I suggest a block that lets us invert a sprites colors.”
Anyone can understand this no problem, and it is a really realistic
Also, if we’re going based off what we can do while we’re really trying individually, then i suggest the minimum be raised to 2000 words. I mean, i can write a whole essay on any topic in waaayyy over 2000 words, so really, that should be the minimum!
Ignore the fact that that’s my ability, and the fact that I’m assuming from what i;m capable of. Also ignore the fact that not all suggestions need this level of an OP. Just look at the fact that i can write a few suggestions at this length. And lets assume my capability is the baseline of the average forumers, without looking at many factors.

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

American-Armenian

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Now that I think coming back to this suggestion, I really think that this isn't a big problem, except that the issue bringing overcomplicating the forum topic posting algorithim and making very vague and short posts as the OP. I stongly don't agree with this at all, and it won't prevent spam how you want it to.

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)