Discuss Scratch

EDawg2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

Here's a suggestion I made with only 129 characters (excluding the BBCode tags and small bottom text).

EDawg2011 wrote:

Barely anyone knows that tag spam isn't allowed. (Tag spam projects can stay up for a really long time, even if they're popular.)

Please note that I may sometimes make a mistake and give wrong information.

Can you please put this at/near the top of your signature and tell people that tag spam isn't allowed and it manipulates the algorithm, to start a chain and spread the word? https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/747346/?page=1#post-7864829 - Thanks, @EDawg2011.

But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.

(Highlight text + down arrow + shift to see the rest of my signature.)


Help find out who ate @cheddargirl's signature! l me when i accidentally spread misinformation l Platformer Skibidi





<0-0::sensing>//This is Charles; he protects my signature from evil kumquats.
when I'm spawned::events hat//This is the code Charles' brain runs on.
forever
if <[100] > (distance to [an evil kumquat v])> then
delete the evil kumquat::control
end
end











Be moist.















RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

EDawg2011 wrote:

(#81)
Here's a suggestion I made with only 129 characters (excluding the BBCode tags and small bottom text).

EDawg2011 wrote:

Barely anyone knows that tag spam isn't allowed. (Tag spam projects can stay up for a really long time, even if they're popular.)

kay ill fix it

I think the ST should make an announcement about tag spamming because a lot of people don't know tag spamming is allowed, and projects that include tag spamming stay up for a long time, regardless or not if they are popular.


224 characters.

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”.
If your computer can't see images from Cubeupload, that's not my problem
You are reading the post of someone who isn't active on the forums very much (until August 2024) :*(
I ACTUALLY REACHED 1000+ POSTS
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.


GlitchedThrough
New Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

RecessFailsOffical wrote:

EDawg2011 wrote:

(#81)
Here's a suggestion I made with only 129 characters (excluding the BBCode tags and small bottom text).

EDawg2011 wrote:

Barely anyone knows that tag spam isn't allowed. (Tag spam projects can stay up for a really long time, even if they're popular.)

kay ill fix it

I think the ST should make an announcement about tag spamming because a lot of people don't know tag spamming is allowed, and projects that include tag spamming stay up for a long time, regardless or not if they are popular.


224 characters.
Forcing your standards onto another isn't a great thing to do.
That ain't fixing it. That's rewriting it. The original statement was enough. And it's not a great idea to assume everyone can write in the same way as you can. So, rather then acting like your standards are Gospel, accept others write differently then you do.
You can understand their post. You can understand your post.
Their post, in fact, it better as it's less clutter, thus more accessible.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, web dev, electrical engineer, etc
TheUltimateHoodie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

GlitchedThrough wrote:

-snip-
And it's kinda racist to assume everyone understands English Grammer properly, to a tee, or to assume all languages would require 200 characters to get a point across.
Racist? I would have used the word “disrespectful”. If anything, it would have been racist to assume that some races use incorrect grammar…

can somebody give me something to put in my signature
GlitchedThrough
New Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

GlitchedThrough wrote:

-snip-
And it's kinda racist to assume everyone understands English Grammer properly, to a tee, or to assume all languages would require 200 characters to get a point across.
Racist? I would have used the word “disrespectful”. If anything, it would have been racist to assume that some races use incorrect grammar…
I'm not saying all, I'm saying English is the world's most difficult language to learn.
There's a reason many people who it isn't their first language say it when they start to type something, because English grammar in itself is the most difficult grammar in the world.
Maybe disrespectful a old be better. But most native English speakers don't even know Grammer that well, I included, so accusing all know it is a terrible idea.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, web dev, electrical engineer, etc
Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

GlitchedThrough wrote:

Their post, in fact, it better as it's less clutter, thus more accessible.
What more needs to be said? More characters isn't always better, why read a paragraph or an essay on a simple suggestion that could be understood in 1-2 sentences?

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)


GlitchedThrough
New Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

Malicondi wrote:

GlitchedThrough wrote:

Their post, in fact, it better as it's less clutter, thus more accessible.
What more needs to be said? More characters isn't always better, why read a paragraph or an essay on a simple suggestion that could be understood in 1-2 sentences?
The rest was more or less trying to send a point.
Both options are valid, but the initial was fine, no, great as it was.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, web dev, electrical engineer, etc
The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

Okay- I finally am gonna reply to this- I don't even know where to start….

GlitchedThrough wrote:

1. Here, I can't respond to the whole post cuz phone, but lemme ask you this.
If someone can create a post you can understand and is grammatically correct in under 200 characters, why require them use more then 200 characters?
And it's kinda racist to assume everyone understands English Grammer properly, to a tee, or to assume all languages would require 200 characters to get a point across.
It can also make discussion less accessible to individuals with ADD, such as myself, as we have difficulties writing even 200 characters if it's required of us.
You provided 4 posts with more then 200 characters while conveniently leaving out posts with under 200 which still work well, which seems to be your argument, many suggestions can be expressed in above 200 characters, without nothing the possibility of a successful post being made within under 200 words.
The source provided, 8, was from the same post you had created. No offense to Za-Chary, but I don't believe he had worked on the development. It had been noted to sound off at the
begining and end of sounds the effect was applied.
For 12, yes it is. Any web dev who has ever worked with a server knows how to do it. This ain't simply a static HTML document I'm talking about, real scalable websites shot down by Egress limits on Replits. Scratch's back end can be easily reproduced with a good enough machine, in fact, without the source code.
And, answer this question. How do you propose they implement this? DjangoBB is 10 year old abandon ware

You ignored one of my points- doesn't matter if we can understand it and if it's grammatically correct if no one understands why you want that suggestion or what it's use is.

This is an english forum. Is it racist to write a long post because some people won't understand it? Besides, you can have both. Add a TL;DR or suggest that the OP does. People can also ask in the replies for things to be explained

I have ADHD, and it's quite the opposite for me. I love elaboration. In fact, I don't understand most short suggestions. I love it when everything is explained. Besides, that makes it sound like any post with too many characters is ableist/racist- (I'm not saying you're saying that, I'm saying it IMPLIES that)

Those weren't an example for “200+ posts are the only ones that work!” That was an example for, “200+ posts are understandable and can have a lot of discussion” because you implied that it would be too complicated for some people.

I would like a source, but this is no longer relevant to the suggestion. If you wanna debate it, lemme know on my profile.

Again, I'd disagree, but I am more limited on my knowledge of HTML. If you wanna discuss it, do it on my profile

Can't you inference how their gonna implement it? Besides, OP can't tell the web devs how to make their own website /j
Reports on projects already have a character minimum, They could probably borrow some code from there.


Making a counterargument? Look here first!
An evil kumquat ate my first username lol

Call me Sushi!

They/He/It/She in order of preference

A little part of me dies inside when someone says, “He/She” instead of just using they-

Try to refrain from saying, ‘No support’. It comes off as extremely negative. “The forums are for criticism! Don't post it you don't want it!” Agreed. But I never said that you should agree with everyone. No suggestion will ever be perfect
What sounds more constructive?
“No support, people would spam with it”
“This would lead to a lot of spam, since people can't get away from it. Not to mention, it might upset a few people with the way it's implemented”

In #1, you didn't help OP at all. You said you didn't like it, and why. Nothing else. Not even what was causing the issue of spam
In #2, you pointed out the flaws and the root causes of them. Flaws shouldn't always get a suggestion absolutely ignored

And simply supporting doesn't always help either. It's not a voting system, it's improving your ideas. There's going to be cons, there's going to be flaws, and that's the point of the suggestions. No suggestion is ever 100% perfect in any way
Here are some things you can look out for:
-Are there any flaws/cons that haven't been addressed or fixed?
-Is this idea fully flushed out? Or are there some questions you can ask?
-Are there any flaws that you know how to fix or do you know how to flush something out a bit more?
-Is there anyone else who is confused and needs some clarification?

If you don't have to do any of these, then you can move on!

Is a suggestion unable to be added because it's just impossible? Point out why and have them decide what to do next
But still, try not to say ‘no support’
LP372
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

i agree with you, but 200 is a bit too high, i'd reccomend 100-150 characters

Projects I want people to see:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018171720
GlitchedThrough
New Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

You ignored one of my points- doesn't matter if we can understand it and if it's grammatically correct if no one understands why you want that suggestion or what it's use is.
But you don’t need to know why they want it. You need the details on what they want. And, its not always much they need to type to explain it.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

This is an english forum.
It’s a general use forum. The idea its exclusively for English speakers is a misconception.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Is it racist to write a long post because some people won't understand it?
It’s racist to say everyone can speak English well.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Besides, you can have both. Add a TL;DR or suggest that the OP does. People can also ask in the replies for things to be explained
Most forumers see 30 words, and go off the title with a TLDR.
In my suggestions I’ve always had to regurgitate information because people didn’t read the 100 word OP. I’ve seen people ignore clear cut information in 100 character OP’s
And i know for a fact, personally, i can’t write much if i have to write a lot.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

I have ADHD, and it's quite the opposite for me. I love elaboration. In fact, I don't understand most short suggestions. I love it when everything is explained.
Cuz you’re everyone with ADHD.
Plenty of people with it have a tough time focusing, me included when I’m not interested. And, if someone wants suggest something, but they don’t have a complete vision, or they want feedback on it, or they simply can’t explain things well, what shall they do?

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Besides, that makes it sound like any post with too many characters is ableist/racist- (I'm not saying you're saying that, I'm saying it IMPLIES that)
What I’m implying is its ableist to require a minimum number of characters with the knowledge that not everyone can type that much if they’re required to.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Those weren't an example for “200+ posts are the only ones that work!” That was an example for, “200+ posts are understandable and can have a lot of discussion” because you implied that it would be too complicated for some people.
No, they are, by definition, solely to push your argument.
Of course they’ll fit in with a narrative you have, they’re basic human biases. It’s kinda like confirmation bias, because you see examples fitting your opinion, that means your narrative is correct.
However, to provide examples in my support: Ban YT Links in tiMAC has only 3 characters in the OP, the title describes it well.
Replace the * symbol with some larger version is very obvious what it means, only thing that isn;t is it referencing the ST, which adding in, would be still under 200 characters.
Allow new scratchers to create a limit of 3 studios is a perfect example of what I’m talking about- under 200 characters and it has all important information.
As i have proven, you can make a good post in under 200 characters. You can even make it with just the title.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

I would like a source, but this is no longer relevant to the suggestion. If you wanna debate it, lemme know on my profile.
The source is right above Za-Chary’s post.
If tou mean proof he wasn’t a developer, i am 99% sure he’s talked about it on his profile.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Again, I'd disagree, but I am more limited on my knowledge of HTML. If you wanna discuss it, do it on my profile
HTML is the least important part of web development. Give anyone the W3Schools tutorial, and they can develop the front end.
The thing that makes a site dynamic is the backend. This isn’t HTML, it has to be a Turing complete language.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Can't you inference how their gonna implement it?
Yeah, and i don’t need to know. But, according to you, readers should know. And, I’m a reader.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Besides, OP can't tell the web devs how to make their own website /j
Ah, yes.
You and i are totally the OP.
And you totally didn’t say that mentioning tips on including it can be important.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Reports on projects already have a character minimum, They could probably borrow some code from there.

Python is not backwards compatible. Python 3 code won’t all work in Python 2.
DjangoBB is Python 2.
Scratch-WWW is NodeJS, Python3, and a few other langues/libs.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, web dev, electrical engineer, etc
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

LP372 wrote:

(#89)
i agree with you, but 200 is a bit too high, i'd recommend 100-150 characters

Not really. I was able to explain the hide block and dark mode (separately) in more than 200 characters. I think the limit is fine for such simple things.

*recommend, it happens to me a lot

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”.
If your computer can't see images from Cubeupload, that's not my problem
You are reading the post of someone who isn't active on the forums very much (until August 2024) :*(
I ACTUALLY REACHED 1000+ POSTS
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.


GlitchedThrough
New Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

RecessFailsOffical wrote:

LP372 wrote:

(#89)
i agree with you, but 200 is a bit too high, i'd recommend 100-150 characters

Not really. I was able to explain the hide block and dark mode (separately) in more than 200 characters. I think the limit is fine for such simple things.

*recommend, it happens to me a lot
Going based off your experience alone isn’t great when there’s plenty of others who have done similar already, with less characters.
As i linked above, plenty of great suggestions are under 200 characters.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, web dev, electrical engineer, etc
The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

Okay- I physically can't reply to any more of your replies. It. Is. Rotting. My. Brain. Maybe you do need less than 200 characters because you are literally ignoring everything I am saying-

GlitchedThrough wrote:

Snip

1. Exactly. You do need the details!

2. Anyone who makes a suggestion in a different language is usually directed to a different forum

3. Great point! So even if there is less characters, that doesn't mean people will read it anyway, so it doesn't matter if there is more!

4. Dude- I am not even joking, you are being the biggest hypocrite right now. You grouped everyone with ADHD into one group, “They can't elaborate more” I never said that everyone with ADHD was like me, I said that grouping everyone like that would be incorrect, because people are different.I used myself as an example

5. Ah, so it's ableist to have a minimum requirement for reporting projects. It's also ableist to have a cap on comments because I have difficulty expressing my thoughts into less than 500 characters sometimes. (No, I do not actually believe this. A simple cap/limit is not ableist. Having a hard time typing long posts doesn't mean that people would be ableist if they set a minimum. Even if I need more or less words to express myself, this doesn't mean that there shouldn't be things set in place. This still helps prevent trolls, it's encouragement to think more about your post, and if more time is put into writing it, it could be a lot easier to understand)

6. It was my example. You can't decide what my example was about. Besides, aren't those links used to push your argument as well? It's literally the whole point of an example. I never mentioned that short posts do poorly, all I said was that long posts do good too.
If it was truly hard to understand posts with more words, then posts with a lot of words should do poorly? Right? Then why is the opposite true?
And for the links you sent:
1. That one has hardly any discussion. Besides, I don't know what TIMAC is, they could explain. They could add more. Whats the issue with youtube links? (I am not asking for you to explain what the suggestion is about, those are just questions they can ask themselves and add to the OP)
2. Again, not much discussion. Doesn't match with the example I gave. And that can be added upon more with the simple question, why? What would it add? What is the use of this? (Again, not asking you to answer those)
3. But why? Why do we need to? To prevent spam? What spam are we preventing? Is making studios a lot considered spam? (Again, not asking you to answer those)


7. Talk to me on my profile, I told you that this was irrelevant.

8. refer back to 7

9 & 10. That was a joke. I was using your logic. Multiple times you yourself said that inferencing was enough and the devs tell people how to implement things. Adding notes are important. And why is OP “forbidden” (I know they aren't actually forbidden) from suggestion where it goes, but people replying can say whatever?

11. Okay, so then they can write new code for it. It's not hard to add a minimum. Just check if it's too low, then don't allow them to post it

Again, I'm not replying to this, I can't anymore. It's rotting my brain.

Making a counterargument? Look here first!
An evil kumquat ate my first username lol

Call me Sushi!

They/He/It/She in order of preference

A little part of me dies inside when someone says, “He/She” instead of just using they-

Try to refrain from saying, ‘No support’. It comes off as extremely negative. “The forums are for criticism! Don't post it you don't want it!” Agreed. But I never said that you should agree with everyone. No suggestion will ever be perfect
What sounds more constructive?
“No support, people would spam with it”
“This would lead to a lot of spam, since people can't get away from it. Not to mention, it might upset a few people with the way it's implemented”

In #1, you didn't help OP at all. You said you didn't like it, and why. Nothing else. Not even what was causing the issue of spam
In #2, you pointed out the flaws and the root causes of them. Flaws shouldn't always get a suggestion absolutely ignored

And simply supporting doesn't always help either. It's not a voting system, it's improving your ideas. There's going to be cons, there's going to be flaws, and that's the point of the suggestions. No suggestion is ever 100% perfect in any way
Here are some things you can look out for:
-Are there any flaws/cons that haven't been addressed or fixed?
-Is this idea fully flushed out? Or are there some questions you can ask?
-Are there any flaws that you know how to fix or do you know how to flush something out a bit more?
-Is there anyone else who is confused and needs some clarification?

If you don't have to do any of these, then you can move on!

Is a suggestion unable to be added because it's just impossible? Point out why and have them decide what to do next
But still, try not to say ‘no support’
GlitchedThrough
New Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Okay- I physically can't reply to any more of your replies. It. Is. Rotting. My. Brain. Maybe you do need less than 200 characters because you are literally ignoring everything I am saying-
Maybe you could explain it.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

1. Exactly. You do need the details!
And the details are not equal to why they want it, correct?

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

2. Anyone who makes a suggestion in a different language is usually directed to a different forum
And people who do that rather then posting the translation are simply post farmers.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

3. Great point! So even if there is less characters, that doesn't mean people will read it anyway, so it doesn't matter if there is more!
So it doesn’t matter if there’s less, correct?

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

4. Dude- I am not even joking, you are being the biggest hypocrite right now.
Hmm… maybe you could relate above?

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

You grouped everyone with ADHD into one group, “They can't elaborate more” I never said that everyone with ADHD was like me, I said that grouping everyone like that would be incorrect, because people are different.I used myself as an example
No. What I’m saying is some of us have a tough time doing such. I never said “everyone with ADHD has the same experience”, i said “some people with ADHD have a tough time meeting minimums.”

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

5. Ah, so it's ableist to have a minimum requirement for reporting projects.
The difference is where projects can have hundreds of thousands of sprites, assets, audios, so on. A forum post, you don’t need say “The sprite Jackie Chan’s 15th costume is the creators face”, you can simply explain it in the titles.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

It's also ableist to have a cap on comments because I have difficulty expressing my thoughts into less than 500 characters sometimes.
And here, you’re able to make more comments.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

(No, I do not actually believe this. A simple cap/limit is not ableist.
But a minimum can potentially be, under certain circumstances.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Having a hard time typing long posts doesn't mean that people would be ableist if they set a minimum.
The difference is, in this case, many people, such as me, can’t get out a statement if we need so many characters in it.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Even if I need more or less words to express myself, this doesn't mean that there shouldn't be things set in place.
Right, maximums. You can always add comments. But you can never go under minimums.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

This still helps prevent trolls, it's encouragement to think more about your post, and if more time is put into writing it, it could be a lot easier to understand)
120 second rule, 60 second rule, filter bot, ST, 2/30 second rule:

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

6. It was my example. You can't decide what my example was about.
That’s exactly what it was about. Proving your point, to which i pointed it out and countered.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Besides, aren't those links used to push your argument as well?
Pushing to keep a status quo is much different than pushing for change.
If the current system works, it works.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

It's literally the whole point of an example. I never mentioned that short posts do poorly, all I said was that long posts do good too.
And you should provide counter arguments.
“This post under 200 characters doesn’t work…”
If you wish to push for change, prove why the current system doesn’t work.
Don’t prove why the new one might work.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

If it was truly hard to understand posts with more words, then posts with a lot of words should do poorly? Right? Then why is the opposite true?
The opposite isn’t true. Shorter posts work.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

And for the links you sent:
1. That one has hardly any discussion. Besides, I don't know what TIMAC is, they could explain. They could add more. Whats the issue with youtube links? (I am not asking for you to explain what the suggestion is about, those are just questions they can ask themselves and add to the OP)
Then obviously, your lack of first hand experience means you shouldn’t discuss it.
Someone who has used Things I’m Making and Creating will know and provide good examples.
And if someone, that is an individual who doesn’t know what it is, wishes to be constructive, its an easy look at the front page and context clues.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

2. Again, not much discussion. Doesn't match with the example I gave.
Of course. We have opposite opinions.
And good suggestions are some of the least discussed suggestions. If its good, no one will talk about it.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

And that can be added upon more with the simple question, why?
Simple, one could conclude it being on accessibility.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

What would it add? What is the use of this? (Again, not asking you to answer those)
One looking at Scratch’s goal of accessibility would probably make the connection.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

3. But why? Why do we need to? To prevent spam? What spam are we preventing? Is making studios a lot considered spam? (Again, not asking you to answer those)
One looking at how it was before 3.0 would see it, and go “Yeah, this makes sense.”
Every question you’d have for the OP is stuff which is only recently relèvent. It wasn’t at the time of its creation.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

7. Talk to me on my profile, I told you that this was irrelevant.

8. refer back to 7
It is all relèvent, as you said that users should mention it.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

9 & 10. That was a joke. I was using your logic. Multiple times you yourself said that inferencing was enough and the devs tell people how to implement things. Adding notes are important. And why is OP “forbidden” (I know they aren't actually forbidden) from suggestion where it goes, but people replying can say whatever?
The OP is rarely informed on web development.
Users can easily battle it out.

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

11. Okay, so then they can write new code for it. It's not hard to add a minimum. Just check if it's too low, then don't allow them to post it
Do you think changing DjangoBB is as simple as writing a few lines of Python?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, web dev, electrical engineer, etc
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

bump

Last edited by RecessFailsOffical (March 13, 2024 18:52:49)


highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”.
If your computer can't see images from Cubeupload, that's not my problem
You are reading the post of someone who isn't active on the forums very much (until August 2024) :*(
I ACTUALLY REACHED 1000+ POSTS
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.


RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

bump

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”.
If your computer can't see images from Cubeupload, that's not my problem
You are reading the post of someone who isn't active on the forums very much (until August 2024) :*(
I ACTUALLY REACHED 1000+ POSTS
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.


RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

bump

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”.
If your computer can't see images from Cubeupload, that's not my problem
You are reading the post of someone who isn't active on the forums very much (until August 2024) :*(
I ACTUALLY REACHED 1000+ POSTS
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.


portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

This will just encourage spam. If people want to say stuff, they'll say it in the op.

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature



















idk what to put here.
-greats-
Scratcher
78 posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

mumu245 wrote:

No support. Not everyone can make mockups, and not everyone has an exact vision for their suggestion.

Also, you can circumvent it…

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque tristique sollicitudin lorem non laoreet. Quisque nec dui urna. Quisque rutrum, odio a interdum feugiat, nulla mi dapibus velit, non porta magna lectus eu neque. Nunc varius, mauris at efficitur posuere, massa nunc tincidunt mauris, nec pellentesque risus diam vel erat. Duis at dolor quam. Donec hendrerit nibh massa. Aenean euismod non arcu sed placerat. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Praesent varius lorem egestas iaculis condimentum. Quisque lacinia diam vel turpis mollis, ut ultricies arcu congue. Nulla facilisi. Pellentesque vel dui ut orci fermentum feugiat. Nullam eget ipsum purus. Phasellus sit amet eros dapibus, mattis sem eget, facilisis turpis. Sed elementum mi non enim vehicula laoreet. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia curae;

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc interdum, augue quis volutpat egestas, lectus ipsum molestie quam, eget semper ex velit vel velit. Suspendisse leo tellus, sollicitudin at congue vel, euismod vel elit. Donec at enim tristique, pulvinar diam a, eleifend magna. Phasellus at magna ut erat ultrices facilisis. Quisque urna felis, molestie in neque eget, sodales porttitor felis. Nulla ultrices imperdiet lacinia. Integer egestas tempor pulvinar. Integer eu cursus ligula, quis consectetur eros. Fusce venenatis tempor mi.

Pellentesque fringilla a tellus vel tristique. In dui turpis, pretium sit amet orci interdum, porttitor dignissim lacus. Sed facilisis, erat aliquam laoreet tristique, sapien quam ullamcorper ante, at tristique metus sapien scelerisque mi. Morbi vitae elit sapien. Etiam sodales, magna vel consequat pharetra, neque lectus finibus orci, a convallis lacus leo convallis lorem. Donec blandit arcu eget diam dignissim consectetur. Maecenas a lobortis lacus, ac faucibus elit. Sed eu laoreet velit. Sed vitae pulvinar est, faucibus interdum sapien.

Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Duis neque leo, aliquam at orci eu, suscipit malesuada eros. Integer aliquam eleifend enim sed posuere. Praesent convallis rhoncus posuere. Phasellus eu luctus elit. Fusce nec gravida magna, ac pulvinar dui. Pellentesque in mi nec magna tincidunt consequat. Vestibulum volutpat massa ut ipsum vehicula tincidunt. Donec congue lectus vitae scelerisque mollis. Duis consectetur lorem quis ligula rhoncus, ac pellentesque est egestas. In fringilla eros orci, vel euismod tortor convallis maximus. Maecenas a ultricies velit. Curabitur sollicitudin magna at erat auctor laoreet. Aliquam lobortis magna nec enim euismod, vel convallis mauris posuere. Cras sed orci sit amet ligula dictum tempor.

Mauris ut nisl at diam dapibus rhoncus non ut nibh. Morbi a elit convallis, sollicitudin massa eget, condimentum libero. Donec iaculis suscipit commodo. Donec sed leo sollicitudin, tristique libero ut, venenatis purus. Sed vel dui sodales, tempor sapien quis, eleifend dui. Sed porttitor nunc porta urna molestie porta. Nulla et mauris eget purus aliquam malesuada.

just put zero-width-non-joiners then it wont even show up: ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌ ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌ << notepad said 168 chars

Moved to @-hexacactus-
Only using this on forums because my new one is still New Scratcher status
JAM on top of
CREAM then the
SCONE
(but sultana ones are fine on their own)

Music that you literally have no control of

(Unshared due to bugs)

If you want to see an old atom from a year ago
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minimum requirement for characters/words on OPs in the suggestions forum

portalpower wrote:

This will just encourage spam. If people want to say stuff, they'll say it in the op.

wdym

your post is saying something negative and positive abt the suggestion….

also how does it encourage spam?

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”.
If your computer can't see images from Cubeupload, that's not my problem
You are reading the post of someone who isn't active on the forums very much (until August 2024) :*(
I ACTUALLY REACHED 1000+ POSTS
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.


Powered by DjangoBB