Discuss Scratch

ChloeKohli
Scratcher
67 posts

WUT. IS. WRONG. WITH. DA. TAGS. THESE. DAYS.

I couldn’t help but notice that literally every single popular animator is not just tagging their animation with #All and #Animations , but with every single other tag like #Music and #Tutorials AND IT’S DRIVING ME INSANE! C’mon, we have “pancakes be like” IN THE GAMES SECTION! And “Comment Animations” IN THE ART SECTION! This is why I always check popular, not trending. I know several scratchers who do this, but naming them would most likely cause a flame war. WHY AM I THE ONLY SCRATCHER WHO IS CONCERNED ABOUT SCRATCH REPUTATION BEING TAKEN AS NOT A CODING SITE, BUT A SOCIAL MEDIA SITE! Great job you-know-him test. /sarc

• Chloe
  • Girl
  • Autistic + Proud
“You never fail until you stop trying” - Albert Einstein
SavetheAtlantic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More tags = more exposure = more views = more dopamine

Or so the logic goes. I suppose people who plaster their own projects on as many search results as they can like the egotistical maniacs they are fail to consider that people don't search “music” to see Generic Relatable Animation #12895337.
-Valtren-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

most of the people on trending are like that nowadays. try some of the older animators, like sharkyshar or huntedskelly. at least in their day this tag nonsense didn't exist

good god I feel old

Famous quotes:

Za-Chary wrote:

Steve Carell as Scratch Cat yo what the heck bro src

-Rodri wrote:

106809nes wrote:

This is the second-best suggestion I've seen.
Why is it the second-best suggestion I've seen? Well, view this topic to find out!
what in the capitalism, you really had to sneak in an ad lol src

The_Game_ wrote:

From my careful predictions that I have been calculating for 3 whole years, spent thousands of dollars on and have stayed up at night doing; it'll have 1 billion projects. src

wolvesstar97 wrote:

TAGS MUST GO!
THERE IS A SOLUTION: Narwhals! src

WallydogChoppychop wrote:

Scratch cat looked like a mouse src

Za-Chary wrote:

among_us1w2 wrote:

no like in darkrp if you have been warn for failbase class 1 you get warning but if you do failbase class 3 you get warning but next time you break rules you get 5 min jail
This is the greatest slang of All Time. src

More quotes here.
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Yeah, that's a bit of an abuse of the system that will eventually make it useless if it continues. It's also against the Community Guidelines - the part about “being honest”. Furthermore, it's also against the Terms of Use - the part that talks about interfering with the service (3.5). So feel free to link anybody you see doing that to this topic so they become better educated. You may also use the Report button and explain that they are abusing tags.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;