Discuss Scratch

st19_galla
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

st19_galla wrote:

Hey Paddle2see! Im just going to make it easier on you.
I would curate projects like these
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/16146560/ - question games. Games that ask questions and it changes by how you answer (like Choose your own adventure books)
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/16201219/ - a platformer game. It is very fluid with good graphics
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/10593285/ - It is a fun game that is sort of addicting and is very fun to play
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/15171113/ - A really good tutorial! *Note* I will not curate this project dont worry! Way to popular already. Just an example
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/16234476/ - This game is pretty fun! It is hard enough to not get through it easy but easy enough to want to keep playing *Note* same note as above.
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11523769/ - I would also curate simulations. This game also gives you the feature of customizing *Note* Same note as above.
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/14635540/ - This project is very cool. You can adjust it and do whatever you want with it! Like Bead studio *Note* Same note as above.
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/14302038/ - This is another platforming project. I think they are fun!
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/16188128/ - This project is amazing. It has very complicated coding and I could totally tell they spent A LOT of time on it! *Note* Same note as above.
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/16491059/ - This project is very fun. Another platforming. I would also curate games with wall jumping as I think that is a unique feature!
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/14777574/ - This game I would not curate. I just want to tell you that I would curate good 3d games. *Note* Same note as above.
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/12410145/ - This project I would not curate. Im just telling you that I would curate projects with complex cloud data such as saving games, multiplayer etc.
Also Paddle2see I wont necasarily curate these projects, I'm just giving you some examples
I think I gave you enough examples as to what I would curate. I hope you find you can trust me in the position as curator! Thanks sooooo much!
~JT
Wow… I think i'm obsessed with smiley faces… oops.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ | I'ᗰ ᔕT19_Gᗩᒪᒪᗩ! | ᑎEᗯ TO ᔕᑕᖇᗩTᑕᕼ? ᐯIᔕIT TᕼE ᗯEᒪᑕOᗰIᑎG ᑕOᗰᗰITTEE! |
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀| ᗩ GᑌIᗪE TO (ᑎOT) ᑎEᑕᖇOᑭOᔕTIᑎG! | ᐯIᔕIT TᕼE ᔕᑕᖇᗩTᑕᕼ ᗯIKI ᖴOᖇ ᗩᑎY ᑫᑌEᔕTIOᑎᔕ! |

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ This signature is looking a bit… вℓυє, why don't we add a bit of яє∂?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Đ₳Ɽ₦, ₳₦ ɆVłⱠ ₭Ʉ₥QɄ₳₮ ł₴ Ɇ₳₮ł₦₲ ₥Ɏ ₴ł₲₦₳₮ɄⱤɆ!
artemisrules
Scratcher
15 posts

Dear Scratch Team,

Why I'm even posting on this forum:

I would like to apply for a curator position on the Scratch homepage. There are a multiplicity of incredible projects on Scratch that haven't even been acknowledged, and I would love the ability to lead some incredibly talented programmers on their next steps to success. I'm curious and impartial, and I know talent when I see it!

If I was given the privilege, I would definitely curate:

-Projects involving education
-Smooth and well-thought-out animations
-Stories that convey important and beautiful messages
-Projects that evidently took a lot of effort to make!

Circumstances:
I think that it's pointless curating projects that have already been featured or noticed, so I won't curate those projects if I happen to be given the incredible opportunity. Projects with low amounts of hearts and favorites will be the ones that I lift from the shadows and place under a spotlight.

Please consider my offer. I'd love to play a huge part in getting the most talented animators on Scratch noticed and appreciated.

All the best,
artemisrules

Last edited by artemisrules (Jan. 13, 2014 04:21:27)

This is the best signature of all time. No, really. Don't be fooled by how lame it looks, it's really fantastic. Just check out this happy face.

Pretty great, huh?
artemisrules
Scratcher
15 posts

Excuse me for asking, but when will I find out if I've been appointed as a curator? I worked for a very long time on my essay and am anticipating results.

This is the best signature of all time. No, really. Don't be fooled by how lame it looks, it's really fantastic. Just check out this happy face.

Pretty great, huh?
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

artemisrules wrote:

Excuse me for asking, but when will I find out if I've been appointed as a curator? I worked for a very long time on my essay and am anticipating results.
There's no fixed schedule - we will leave you a comment if you are selected. Thanks so much for taking the time to apply.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
flareburst
Scratcher
5 posts

i have months of experience on scratch, and i have enjoyed programming and looking at other people's projects, and i know what a ‘good’ project is, so i think i would be good as a curator. i know a few awesome projects that need some more attention. i have been curated twice, and i know how good it feels when your unknown project gets attention! some people work really hard on something and only get a couple of views. so that's why i want to try for curator! i have also realized that there are mostly games on the curator row, and I'll curate all types of projects! from music, to animations, to simulations. i would be really happy if i was a future curator! thanks!

Last edited by flareburst (Jan. 14, 2014 20:39:43)

var10wiz
Scratcher
1 post

Hello Scratch team-

I would like to apply for the curator position. I am a fairly new Scratcher as you can see if you look at my projects. I like making games and playing others. I think I have good taste to curate nice games. To give you an idea of what I would curate, I have included some examples (they are my own games but I won't curate my own games, I just want to show what type of games I will curate):
Ninja Run
Ninja Escape 3

Please take this application into consideration.

Regards,
var10wiz
Webkinz38824
Scratcher
38 posts

Hi Scratchteam! I hope that you can choose anytime, so if I don't get to be a curator these next 2 weeks, I can still be one in, say, a month.
I would curate projects that I think EVERYONE at EVERY time should like. I would check to see the project, then apply it to opinions of other Scratchers. I would not only curate games, but animations,stories, and more! I would ONLY curate projects people will love, not the popular projects people already love. Let's just hope that people will have the same opinions as me on these games… *ahem* I WOULD NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES do the following:
  • Curate my own projects
  • Curate projects with little or no work
  • Curate projects that are remixed & didn't change anything within the remix
  • Curate projects without anything except for maybe
    when green flag clicked
    move (10) steps

Therefore, I think I would be a good curator. I would be the Great Curator! I wouldn't even complain when somebody else took the responsibility of being curator of Scratch projects. Thanks for reading this speech.

when green flag clicked
say [Scratch is amazing!] for (2) secs
go to [mouse-pointer v]

end
Scratchter03
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello Scratch Team!

I would like to apply for the Homepage curator job! As curator, I would NOT under ANY circumstances put the following on featured:

* Use remixes that don't give credit to the original programmer or change nothing
*Programs that have little to no effort
*Use my projects

I would put:

*Ones that I think the community will enjoy
*Games that have lots of effort put into them
*Remixes that: Give credit to the original programmer and change many features

In conclusion, I think I would be a good person for the job, and I hope that you will consider my application !
Sincerely, Scratchter03

Scratch on!:o

So the kumquat army is taking over Scratch, eh? Well, there is a prophecy…

There is one who was chosen by the Scratch Team…
That will defend from the-

*Prophecy eaten by evil Kumquat*

; <——- Also a member of the Semicolon Preservation Society! :)
D-Man9293
Scratcher
52 posts

Hello Scratch Team! (please don't be frustrated, but I'm applying again) Anyway, If anyone deserved to be on the front page, it would be everybody! All people deserve to get their projects on the front page, and all people want to have their projects on the front page! I would never curate projects with:
  • Inappropriate language (swearing)
    Extreme violence (cartoony things with no blood I would curate)
    Bullying or rudeness to other Scratchers
    Making fun of other religions/beliefs
    over 20 loves/favorites, and 200 views (what if it has 5 loves and 150 views?)
Now, all curators have to curate something! I would curate projects with good art/animation, great scripting, or even things I like (even if the scripting and art are bad). I will curate games and animations, but also other things I don't know where to categorize.

Examples: Rōbloxian's World by dtnc21. This short video has great/smooth animation and is really funny.
Jewel Robbery by Cookman. A hilarious animation of a robbers failed attempt to steal a gem.
P-Wing's Flying Adventure by fushega. This is a fun flight side-scroller game where you fly and shoot Paratroopas (no violence) to get to the flag. (inspired by Mario)
The Great Sword: (Pre)^5-Alpha by SnowLeopardNP. This is a beta version to an RPG game he is making. The scripting is good, and it's really fun to fight the enemy.

Thank you for reading this!

Last edited by D-Man9293 (Jan. 18, 2014 15:07:55)

Actually, I never thought about it before. All the Muppets are left-handed.
EugenTheBoy
Scratcher
44 posts

Dear Scratch,

I want to curate because i maked a lot of projects since my joining date in November 2013. And i would like to choose me about of my projects.

From EugenTheBoy.

My browser / operating system: Windows XP, Chrome 32.0.1700.76, Flash 12.0 (release 0)

http://scratch.mit.edu/users/EugenTheBoy/

My browser / operating system: Windows XP, Chrome 32.0.1700.76, Flash 12.0 (release 0)
Semi99999
Scratcher
34 posts

Paddle2See wrote:

artemisrules wrote:

There's no fixed schedule - we will leave you a comment if you are selected. Thanks so much for taking the time to apply.
Lol your a servant to multiple cats? did you help make the scratch 1.4? I used the hero in the fruit game example, but I did give you credit

:DSemi99999:D
IKO_22-19
Scratcher
5 posts

Scratch-Hero
Scratcher
21 posts

I have nail projects that I REALLY want people to look at. I am doing a competition and everything. Although my ‘2014 Nail Studio’ has just over 170 people who have looked at it, U can see how many people have looked at featured projects. Projects that don't get that much attention should be advertised!
timsugi
Scratcher
5 posts

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bookworm7214
Scratcher
100+ posts

timsugi wrote:

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please don't spam this thread. . . .

Original text:
“Scratch is an educational programming language aimed at children. It was developed in MIT, America.”
..35 translations later, Bing gives us:
“Australia Institute created the children's education, it doesn't matter.”
The above translation is courtesy of Akuna Bad Translator.
Please welcome my sister, gingerninja97, to the Scratch website!
< You (or more correctly, lesser known Scratchers) won't be unknown anymore.
JollySushi
Scratcher
15 posts

I cant wait until Im promoted!
hazza2002
New to Scratch
2 posts

play the bouncy ball game 2 scratch
ebailey19
Scratcher
20 posts

I have already submitted an application, but I have more to add to it. I would want to curate projects that show effort and creativity. I would curate projects with users that are not (yet) popular, but have amazing projects. I personally really enjoy collaboration projects and would love to curate these in particular. Thank you again for your consideration.

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars.
scrachet23
Scratcher
5 posts

I want to be a Curator because I am very fun
st19_galla
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scrachet23 wrote:

I want to be a Curator because I am very fun
You wont get the curator position by just saying your fun. You should try and make a speech to boost your chances! Good Luck!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ | I'ᗰ ᔕT19_Gᗩᒪᒪᗩ! | ᑎEᗯ TO ᔕᑕᖇᗩTᑕᕼ? ᐯIᔕIT TᕼE ᗯEᒪᑕOᗰIᑎG ᑕOᗰᗰITTEE! |
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀| ᗩ GᑌIᗪE TO (ᑎOT) ᑎEᑕᖇOᑭOᔕTIᑎG! | ᐯIᔕIT TᕼE ᔕᑕᖇᗩTᑕᕼ ᗯIKI ᖴOᖇ ᗩᑎY ᑫᑌEᔕTIOᑎᔕ! |

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ This signature is looking a bit… вℓυє, why don't we add a bit of яє∂?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Đ₳Ɽ₦, ₳₦ ɆVłⱠ ₭Ʉ₥QɄ₳₮ ł₴ Ɇ₳₮ł₦₲ ₥Ɏ ₴ł₲₦₳₮ɄⱤɆ!