Discuss Scratch

MaterArc
Scratcher
500+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

It means “In a hurry”

Roles: Head Aviate Admin, Forumer, SDS Helper, Scratch Wikian, and Community Helper, SCC 2022.
Achievements: 7x trending, 18x Scratch Studio Curator, 9x SDS Helper, 7x Curated, etc

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

ISTILLMAKESTUFF wrote:

What does “on the fly” mean? Just wonderin
In this case, it means “quickly” or “fast”, or even “while doing something else”.

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ISTILLMAKESTUFF wrote:

What does “on the fly” mean? Just wonderin
when you need to quickly create a good status

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
ISTILLMAKESTUFF
Scratcher
500+ posts

K thanks

Very first post- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/565039/ And no, I am totally not embarassed about it. (Especially the blocks)

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
700th post
MaterArc
Scratcher
500+ posts

bump

Roles: Head Aviate Admin, Forumer, SDS Helper, Scratch Wikian, and Community Helper, SCC 2022.
Achievements: 7x trending, 18x Scratch Studio Curator, 9x SDS Helper, 7x Curated, etc

Aneri9714
Scratcher
100+ posts

I am a bit confused about how to use avitate here.

Abandoned forumer

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Aneri9714 wrote:

Head to https://aviateapp.eu.org/dashboard to set your status.

Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Aneri9714 wrote:

aviate get request how

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

Aneri9714 wrote:

aviate get request how
You can also go to https://aviateapp.eu.org/user/dynamicsofscratch if you're not making a program that uses Aviate.

If you're using Python:
import requests
status = requests.get('https://aviateapp.eu.org/api/dynamicsofscratch').json()['status']
print(status)
For other languages, like JavaScript, it's very similar.

ZZC12345
Scratcher
500+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

Aneri9714 wrote:

aviate get request how
You can also go to https://aviateapp.eu.org/user/dynamicsofscratch if you're not making a program that uses Aviate.

If you're using Python:
import requests
status = requests.get('https://aviateapp.eu.org/api/dynamicsofscratch').json()['status']
print(status)
For other languages, like JavaScript, it's very similar.
JS (await-async syntax):
console.log(
  (
    await ( // Wait for res.json()
      await fetch("https://aviateapp.eu.org/api/dynamicsofscratch") // Wait for network fetch
    ).json()
  ).status // Get status
);

This is my signature. Go check out my GitHub if you want to!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Make sure to check out these cool projects, written in real code! (outdated, sorry)
Aviate - Itinerary - Scratch Auth - Orange OS Linux Distro - ocular - Leopard - PyHelp - My GitHub
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Components now return 0 if the data isn't found, instead of causing the whole status to not work:

It's better than nothing IMO.

MaterArc
Scratcher
500+ posts

How did you make it show there? (the status i mean)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MaterArc wrote:

How did you make it show there? (the status i mean)
From the Aviate browser extension (look at the bottom of FAQs).

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Aviate now has a custom authentication project — https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/722544679/
Thanks to @Looky1173 for adding that feature to Scratch Auth!

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Aviate now has a custom authentication project — https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/722544679/
Cool!

ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just for clarification, statuses containing browser extension references aren’t OK, right?

I assume they aren’t, since we’re mentioning this service on Scratch, and that would be a way to get around the BEUSP policy.

Last edited by ScolderCreations (Aug. 23, 2022 15:36:44)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScolderCreations wrote:

Just for clarification, statuses containing browser extension references aren’t OK, right?

I assume they aren’t, since we’re mentioning this service on Scratch, and that would be a way to get around the BEUSP policy.
Yes, statuses must follow all Scratch's rules and CG's, including BEsUP. I just added a new section to the dashboard that should clarify things a bit:

Also, is section 8 of the ToU updated? I can't remember if it was always like this: My memory has failed me yet again.

Last edited by NFlex23 (Aug. 23, 2022 17:17:01)

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Also, is section 8 of the ToU updated? I can't remember if it was always like this:
It has been like that at least since 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140606113437/http://scratch.mit.edu/terms_of_use/

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maximouse wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

Also, is section 8 of the ToU updated? I can't remember if it was always like this:
It has been like that at least since 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140606113437/http://scratch.mit.edu/terms_of_use/
Oops, you're right.