Discuss Scratch

__evelyn
New to Scratch
100+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

NFlex23 wrote:

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Adzboy wrote:

(#377)

NFlex23 wrote:

Aviate is now accessible through https://aviatestatus.space thanks to @imjack14!
Huh, not working for me
same, it says DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
It doesn't work for me now either. It says the domain has invalid configuration on the Vercel dashboard. I think that means the problem is on @imjack14's end and not mine.
That is really odd! It doesn't work for me either now…
The domain provider says it is still active and I never made any change to the cloudflare configuration

Last edited by __evelyn (April 3, 2023 17:40:41)

stay bumfuzzled
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

imjack14 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Adzboy wrote:

(#377)

NFlex23 wrote:

Aviate is now accessible through https://aviatestatus.space thanks to @imjack14!
Huh, not working for me
same, it says DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
It doesn't work for me now either. It says the domain has invalid configuration on the Vercel dashboard. I think that means the problem is on @imjack14's end and not mine.
That is really odd! It doesn't work for me either now…
The domain provider says it is still active and I never made any change to the cloudflare configuration
Did you use the CNAME or A record? Maybe try the other.

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Aviate v2 has officially been released! This includes a new domain, thanks to @9gr: https://aviate.scratchers.tech

I have tried to migrate everyone's status by hand, so I'm very sorry if your status has any errors in it. Please reach out if you have any questions.

One important change: admins have been removed with this update. This is not because of anything anyone has done, but for security and to keep things simple. Aviate has not had any incidents yet, so I think I will be able to manage moderation by myself for now. Thank you so much for volunteering your time!

There are many other changes that you can explore by looking around the new site. Please report any bugs you find here or on my profile. Thank you!

New support banner:

[url https://aviate.scratchers.tech][img]https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/a05059d19518cc7e5040712b129abc3a.png[/img][/url]

Last edited by NFlex23 (July 26, 2023 21:06:01)

Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

happex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Let's gooooo !

Translation of let's go:

Doucement
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

happex wrote:

Let's gooooo !

Translation of let's go:

Of course the first bug came from a last-minute bug “fix” . I'll see what I can do.

Edit: it should work now.

Last edited by NFlex23 (July 26, 2023 21:25:28)

happex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

(#385)

happex wrote:

Let's gooooo !

Translation of let's go:

Of course the first bug came from a last-minute bug “fix” . I'll see what I can do.

Edit: it should work now.
Okay x) And could you add international forum ?

Last edited by happex (July 26, 2023 21:28:06)

Doucement
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

happex wrote:

{50000} isn't a component. Use the plain number 50000 instead.

Last edited by NFlex23 (July 26, 2023 21:28:22)

happex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pretty cool animation on set btw

Doucement
Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Aviate v2 has officially been released! This includes a new domain, thanks to @9gr: https://aviate.scratchers.tech

<Snip>
Awesome! Imma check it out now!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If you're wondering what's new…
  • New components
  • Complete design overhaul
  • User counter on front page—one of the most requested features
  • Tutorial for learning how statuses work
  • New feedback page that uses giscus
  • Completely redone dashboard with: syntax highlighting, new component index, rules section, and some added magic
  • Updated internals that might make everything a bit faster
  • A very small easter egg hidden somewhere for you to find… when I say small, I mean small and kind of lame. Sorry :P

Last edited by NFlex23 (July 27, 2023 15:23:48)

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Suggestion for a component: {ordinal number} - this would return number but with the correct ordinal suffix (e.g. 1 -> 1st, 32 -> 32nd, 56 -> 56th, etc)

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

W update

AIGamesDeveloper in big 2024.
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mybearworld wrote:

Suggestion for a component: {ordinal number} - this would return number but with the correct ordinal suffix (e.g. 1 -> 1st, 32 -> 32nd, 56 -> 56th, etc)
Awesome suggestion—I have just added it!

Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can I add Aviate statuses on Snazzle? Also, is there an API endpoint for changing statuses?

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
PoIygon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Noooooooo! Now i forgot to request admin on this account again from michaelwave. But good job for making aviate better again!

Redstone1080 wrote:

Can I add Aviate statuses on Snazzle? Also, is there an API endpoint for changing statuses?
There is either a /docs page or when you change your status look in the network tab for the request sent to the server so then you can copy it.

Last edited by PoIygon (July 27, 2023 20:25:17)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

The endpoint for fetching a status is https://aviate.scratchers.tech/api/<username>. You can set your status by POSTing to https://aviate.scratchers.tech/dashboard with your session cookie and the updated status.

Last edited by NFlex23 (July 27, 2023 20:30:44)

Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Redstone1080 wrote:

The endpoint for fetching a status is https://aviate.scratchers.tech/api/<username>. You can set your status by POSTing to https://aviate.scratchers.tech/dashboard with your session cookie and the updated status.
Thanks, adding it now

PoIygon wrote:

There is either a /docs page or when you change your status look in the network tab for the request sent to the server so then you can copy it.
Forgot I could do that lol

Last edited by Redstone1080 (July 27, 2023 20:38:11)

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
Pufferfish_Test
Scratcher
500+ posts

The homepage says 767+ users… what does that mean?! Are there 767 users or more?!
Loving the new design though.

This is my signature, and appears below eeevvvveeerrrryyy post I write
Try out Ocular

Good evening. I am a gerbil. Are you a gerbil? I know I am. Gerbils are possibly the most important beings in the universe; they are super intelligent and they eat carrots so we don't have to.
If you are reading this, you're probably thinking one of 3 things:
  1. This dude's not a gerbil, he's a pufferfish/human/bison/whatever other organism/inanimate object you mistakenly believe I am.
  2. Why am I reading this????????
  3. I'm hungry
The first one is INCORRECT, and I'm going to have to ask you not to spread that false rumour.
The second one is a valid question, and one that has no satisfactory answer other than that you're really ,really, really bored.
As for the 3rd one - so am I. You're not alone.
Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pufferfish_Test wrote:

The homepage says 767+ users… what does that mean?! Are there 767 users or more?!
I think it means that there is at least 767 users but there could be more (someone might join as you view the page).

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pufferfish_Test wrote:

It's not quite an exact count; it might be a little less than the actual amount. It's faster to have Supabase fetch it like that. Do you think I should put “~767 users” instead?

Last edited by NFlex23 (July 28, 2023 20:55:59)