Discuss Scratch

Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

NFlex23 wrote:

Pufferfish_Test wrote:

The homepage says 767+ users… what does that mean?! Are there 767 users or more?!
Loving the new design though.
It's not quite an exact count; it might be a little less than the actual amount. It's faster to have Supabase fetch it like that. Do you think I should put “~767 users” instead?
You could floor it to the nearest multiple of 50 or something, and have it displayed as “750+”, I think that would be nice and make sense

Last edited by Redstone1080 (July 29, 2023 00:24:18)

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

Redstone1080 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

Pufferfish_Test wrote:

The homepage says 767+ users… what does that mean?! Are there 767 users or more?!
Loving the new design though.
It's not quite an exact count; it might be a little less than the actual amount. It's faster to have Supabase fetch it like that. Do you think I should put “~767 users” instead?
You could floor it to the nearest multiple of 50 or something, and have it displayed as “750+”, I think that would be nice and make sense
Well, it's only off by 1 or 2, so it's not really that big of a deal. I think I'll just put the number without any symbols next to it.

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Random question, how's Aviate pronounced? I'm thinking of it as AV8, is that correct?

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mybearworld wrote:

Random question, how's Aviate pronounced? I'm thinking of it as AV8, is that correct?
Spot on!

Now that I think about it, it is kind of weird that Aviate's name is a verb… huh.

Last edited by NFlex23 (July 31, 2023 13:53:37)

Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I have added a new “report” page: https://aviate.scratchers.tech/report

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I just added a new `sep` component. It formats a number with commas.

ToastersUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Somewhere along the way we forgot our goal, to create fun and magical statuses. But when we needed it most aviate came back

Sign on the M18 Motorway warning that horses, horse-drawn vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles are forbidden.

Road signs in the Republic of Ireland do not differ greatly from those used elsewhere in Europe – with the notable exception that hazard or warning signs follow the “New World” style of a yellow diamond. The symbols used on these warning signs do, nevertheless, resemble much more closely those used (on red-bordered white or yellow triangles) in the rest of Europe than many of those seen in the United States.

Typical road signs in rural areas of the Republic of Ireland. Here, a fingerpost with old road number and Bord Fáilte logo. Signpost located in Rathangan, Co. Kildare.

Regulatory signs (relating to limits and prohibitions) differ very little from those used in the rest of Europe.

The system of directional signs is based upon, and is very similar to, that employed in the United Kingdom, but is bilingual everywhere except in the Gaeltacht, where only the Irish language is used on signs.

In Ireland, the highest category of road is a motorway (mótarbhealach, plural: mótarbhealaí), indicated by the prefix M followed by a one- or two-digit number (the number of the national route of which each motorway forms a part). The motorway network consists entirely of motorway-grade dual carriageways and is largely focused upon Dublin. There are also several three-lane motorways, while Ireland's busiest road, the M50, incorporates four-lane, five-lane, and six-lane stretches.
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Aviate will now show an indicator when you haven't saved your status. It will also make sure you really want to leave the page so you don't end up losing your unsaved work.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No big new features were added in v2, so I think it's about time we had another one!

Dynamic images enable you to embed your status into many websites in the form of an image. The image is dynamically updated and will use your latest status! Here's what one looks like:

Since Scratch doesn't allow external image hosts, you won't be able to use them on Scratch—the example above is just a regular image—but there are still a lot of possibilities! For example, I put mine on my GitHub profile to show off my status.

Head to your dashboard to learn more!

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nice! It looks like emojis don't really work properly:

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mybearworld wrote:

Thank you! Quoting the dashboard: “Due to technical limitations, emojis are not supported and will be removed.” The image renderer I use—Satori—doesn't support emojis unless you have images for each one. It's weird that they aren't removed from your status though… I'll see what I can do.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

Thank you! Quoting the dashboard: “Due to technical limitations, emojis are not supported and will be removed.” The image renderer I use—Satori—doesn't support emojis unless you have images for each one. It's weird that they aren't removed from your status though… I'll see what I can do.
I copied the exact emoji in your status and put it in mine, and it removes it just fine. It's very odd.

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

I copied the exact emoji in your status and put it in mine, and it removes it just fine. It's very odd.
Oh, sorry, I missed that part! Could it be about this emoji being generated through a component?
{if {eq {random 1 3} 1} "bear emoji" {if {eq {random 1 2} 1} "ice bear emoji" "panda bear emoji"} }

Last edited by mybearworld (Aug. 17, 2023 21:42:56)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mybearworld wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

Oh, sorry, I missed that part! Could it be about this emoji being generated through a component?
{if {eq {random 1 3} 1} "bear emoji" {if {eq {random 1 2} 1} "ice bear emoji" "panda bear emoji"} }
Yeah, one of those emojis was probably unsupported by the library I was using, but it should be fixed now. I'm using something different.

bunnyCoder16
Scratcher
500+ posts

Highlight this text and Ctrl + Shift + Down
Do not click this

Thanks to the Water Otters for the amazing banner
Also thanks to @PeriwinkleVibes for making the banner

Thanks to Wolf Shop for the amazing banner
Also thanks to @Lunarsister for making the banner
bunnyCoder16
Scratcher
500+ posts

status not saving.
clicked save a lot of times!

Highlight this text and Ctrl + Shift + Down
Do not click this

Thanks to the Water Otters for the amazing banner
Also thanks to @PeriwinkleVibes for making the banner

Thanks to Wolf Shop for the amazing banner
Also thanks to @Lunarsister for making the banner
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bunnyCoder16 wrote:

That will copy your ocular status so you can reuse parts of it.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bunnyCoder16 wrote:

status not saving.
clicked save a lot of times!

Can you post a gif or something showing what's happening?

happex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

(#409)
Since Scratch doesn't allow external image hosts, you won't be able to use them on Scratch—the example above is just a regular image—but there are still a lot of possibilities! For example, I put mine on my GitHub profile to show off my status.

You can make something that creates a project for each first-time status and update its thumbnail for each edit

Like {“success”:true,“username”:“happex”,“status”:“…”} would become {“success”:true,“username”:“happex”,“status”:“…”,“id”:123456789}, and then your script would somehow update the 123456789's thumbnail on save

Doucement
happex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lol no more aviate

Doucement