Discuss Scratch

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

Looky1173 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

I just checked to see if my alternate account was unblocked so I could share the authentication project there, but now unfortunately both of my alts are blocked! I just sent another Contact Us message about it, so hopefully the ST will respond this time.
What happened? I hope it wasn't because of the custom auth project…
The auth project is shared on this account (not one of my alts), so it couldn't have been from that. Sorry if my post above was worded weird.

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

NFlex23 wrote:

Looky1173 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

I just checked to see if my alternate account was unblocked so I could share the authentication project there, but now unfortunately both of my alts are blocked! I just sent another Contact Us message about it, so hopefully the ST will respond this time.
What happened? I hope it wasn't because of the custom auth project…
The auth project is shared on this account (not one of my alts), so it couldn't have been from that. Sorry if my post above was worded weird.
That's good to know!

TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've kinda been wondering about this: What would happen to Aviate and its adoption rate if Ocular would lose its status feature? Ocular-Rewritten (which is probably a beta for a future release of Ocular) deemphasizes the dashboard/account system, so what if it was just simply removed entirely? What would happen then?
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheGlassPenguin wrote:

I've kinda been wondering about this: What would happen to Aviate and its adoption rate if Ocular would lose its status feature? Ocular-Rewritten (which is probably a beta for a future release of Ocular) deemphasizes the dashboard/account system, so what if it was just simply removed entirely? What would happen then?
Aviate would continue to exist like it does already, and I imagine more people would start to use it. Maybe a SA thing would be accepted then too.

That reminds me, Aviate just hit 360+ users!

Last edited by NFlex23 (Sept. 20, 2022 11:17:46)

Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Maybe a SA thing would be accepted then too.
Well, from my 2 seconds of searching, there's already an Aviate addon request for SA.

R.I.P Zydrolic, 2023-2024
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

Maybe a SA thing would be accepted then too.
Well, from my 2 seconds of searching, there's already an Aviate addon request for SA.
Yes, but it was rejected due to there already being a status system (ocular).

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We're at exactly 400 users!

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Congrats on that milestone!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

Congrats on that milestone!
Thank you.

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Awesome!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Adzboy wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

Awesome!
Thanks!

MichaeIWave
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey NFlex i think i might switch accounts to MichaeiWave from Poiygon. Can you give me privileges on this account?

PoIygon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MichaeIWave wrote:

(#332)
Hey NFlex i think i might switch accounts to MichaeiWave from Poiygon. Can you give me privileges on this account?
I can confirm

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PoIygon wrote:

MichaeIWave wrote:

(#332)
I can confirm
Sure, but first please sign in with the new account and create a status. This will add you to the database.

MichaeIWave
Scratcher
100+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

(#334)

PoIygon wrote:

MichaeIWave wrote:

(#332)
I can confirm
Sure, but first please sign in with the new account and create a status. This will add you to the database.
done

Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

you should add support for something i call “live statuses” where they update in real time. maybe only a few people would be able to have them at first, but you could slowly roll out the feature to more and more people as it becomes more stable and you gain enough resources to accomodate the system.

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
MichaeIWave
Scratcher
100+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

(#336)
you should add support for something i call “live statuses” where they update in real time. maybe only a few people would be able to have them at first, but you could slowly roll out the feature to more and more people as it becomes more stable and you gain enough resources to accomodate the system.
I think he already implemented this. Do you know a thing called statistics?

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

Since statuses “run” on an API request, not in the database, you would need to implement live statuses client-side—Aviate can't do it for you.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MichaeIWave wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

(#334)

PoIygon wrote:

MichaeIWave wrote:

(#332)
I can confirm
done
Finished! I'll add you to the on-site list shortly.

ISTILLMAKESTUFF
Scratcher
500+ posts

Feedback thing is really cool.

Very first post- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/565039/ And no, I am totally not embarassed about it. (Especially the blocks)