Discuss Scratch

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

ISTILLMAKESTUFF wrote:

Feedback thing is really cool.
Thanks!

I guess I'll answer your feedback here since it's easier.
You should be able to cancel curly brackets eg \{ \} so that you could write js and aviate wont think that it is a component
You can already do that (sort of): the {open} and {close} components return { and } respectively.
You should add an overflow scroll bar to see the whole status, itll be much easier for mobile users
I'm not a mobile user, but (IIRC) can't you swipe left to see the rest of the text?

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

NFlex23 wrote:

I'm not a mobile user, but (IIRC) can't you swipe left to see the rest of the text?
You can

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

ISTILLMAKESTUFF
Scratcher
500+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

You can
Huh, if I'm on my mom's X, I need to highlight. Maybe I should try again later…

Very first post- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/565039/ And no, I am totally not embarassed about it. (Especially the blocks)

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

We're at exactly 400 users!

Congrats!

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

Congrats!
Thank you! There are actually 412 users now.

Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

Congrats!
Thank you! There are actually 412 users now.
deep dabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
ISTILLMAKESTUFF
Scratcher
500+ posts

12 users in 6 days = 2 users per day.

If you keep this up, you'll have a thousand users in 294 days.

Very first post- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/565039/ And no, I am totally not embarassed about it. (Especially the blocks)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forgot to update everyone: the statuslang has been completely rewritten. It still works exactly the same on the outside, but the internal API has been much improved. Here's the source code for anyone interested.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Has anyone noticed Aviate's winter magic?

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Has anyone noticed Aviate's winter magic?
Yes!

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You should add a random fact component. You can use my api (https://a.jdev.eu.org) and use the /fact endpoint (/fact/hourly for hourly fact). Though if it ends up getting too popular it might crash the server if too many people use it.

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (Dec. 26, 2022 21:28:47)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

You should add a random fact component. You can use my api (https://a.jdev.eu.org) and use the /fact endpoint (/fact/hourly for hourly fact). Though if it ends up getting too popular it might crash the server if too many people use it.
I try to minimize the amount of API calls so Aviate is always fast. If I added a fact component, it would be from a local list, like the joke component.

ISTILLMAKESTUFF
Scratcher
500+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I try to minimize the amount of API calls so Aviate is always fast. If I added a fact component, it would be from a local list, like the joke component.
pretty sure he was just trying to advertise

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ISTILLMAKESTUFF wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

pretty sure he was just trying to advertise
It was an example of an API. There's many others hosted on way better servers.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

500 users.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey everyone, please vote for your favorite aspect of Aviate here: https://pollster-1-y4360773.deta.app/polls/mdB9dQudGzEw

This will help influence some cool stuff coming in the future!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also, if you have the time, please fill out this form as well: https://formate-1-c8903033.deta.app/f/help-improve-aviate

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

500 users.

MyScratchedAccount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Links:

Give An Internet - - My Profile - My Best Project Of The Week - Am I Online? - on wiki, go to my talk

Scratched//Boy/Him/He////Likes Apples//Coder //
—-
Go to Codin[co