Discuss Scratch

coderwe2
Scratcher
500+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

I think the log out buttton shouldn't be near the dashboard button so if the person accidentally presses it

This is a signature. Fun fact: A few people have more then 10k posts

Shift+down arrow my whole signature

Creator of shellOS

Css high-intermediate
Not good at design in scratch lol
Been in scratch for 1year and 5months (i lost password to my old accounts)
Active in forum(mostly collab)

<:D>//protects me from evil kumquats 
Collabs:GALAXYOS, VoidOS,LightOS, ShellOS, Aspect BoD(i might have been fired long time ago),Lightspeed incorporated and more…

Programming languages i know
Html/Css/JavaScript/scratch code blocks/a little python

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

coderwe2 wrote:

I think the log out buttton shouldn't be near the dashboard button so if the person accidentally presses it
I'm not sure where else it would go though.

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

coderwe2 wrote:

I'm not so sure, it's not very likely that someone would press the wrong button and even if they did all they would have to do would be to one-click sign in again.

coderwe2
Scratcher
500+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

coderwe2 wrote:

There should be at least a warning when someone accidentally logs out.

Creator of shellOS

Css high-intermediate

Collabs:GALAXYOS, VoidOS,LightOS, ShellOS, Aspect BoD(i might have been fired long time ago),Lightspeed incorporated and more…

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

coderwe2 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

coderwe2 wrote:

How does it know they did it by accident?

kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

coderwe2 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

coderwe2 wrote:

Do you mean like an “Are you sure you want to log out?”

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
coderwe2
Scratcher
500+ posts

Adzboy wrote:

coderwe2 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

coderwe2 wrote:

How does it know they did it by accident?

When someone try to logout there should be a warning, even if its for purpose.

Creator of shellOS

Css high-intermediate

coderwe2
Scratcher
500+ posts

kccuber wrote:

coderwe2 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

coderwe2 wrote:

yes

kccuber wrote:

coderwe2 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

coderwe2 wrote:

yeah

Creator of shellOS

Css high-intermediate

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

If you've got one click sign in auth set up, then logging in again after accidentally logging out is a breeze. I don't think there should be a confirmation because it's more frequent to deliberately click the logout button than to do that accidentally.

coderwe2
Scratcher
500+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

If you've got one click sign in auth set up, then logging in again after accidentally logging out is a breeze. I don't think there should be a confirmation because it's more frequent to deliberately click the logout button than to do that accidentally.

thats not working for me

Creator of shellOS

Css high-intermediate

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

coderwe2 wrote:

thats not working for me
Well if that doesn't work for you then I don't know how you are able to log in in the first place… Just make sure to check the checkbox about one click sign in when using Scratch Auth.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

coderwe2 wrote:

Looky1173 wrote:

thats not working for me
You can go here to add a new one-click sign in account.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I actually just removed the {visitor} component due to it requiring a username as a query parameter. That could technically be used to track who uses Aviate, and I don't want that to happen.

scratchusername40
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You should make a default status so when people sign up it's not just blank

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchusername40 wrote:

Any suggestions of what that would be? I feel like it being blank works out pretty well.

dinonil
Scratcher
89 posts

NFlex23 wrote:

scratchusername40 wrote:

Any suggestions of what that would be? I feel like it being blank works out pretty well.
Maybe a list of other users status's?
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dinonil wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

scratchusername40 wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but how could a status be a list of statuses?

dinonil
Scratcher
89 posts

NFlex23 wrote:

dinonil wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

scratchusername40 wrote:

Oh I misread that, I'm just saying you should have a special page with everyone's status's.

Last edited by dinonil (July 6, 2022 15:46:20)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dinonil wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

dinonil wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

scratchusername40 wrote:

Oh I misread that, I'm just saying you should have a special page with everyone's status's.
I thought about it before, but I decided not to make that since statuses might have inappropriate stuff in them. Only admins can see the full list and modify statuses. It would also be kind of slow since there are almost 300 statuses and the number keeps growing.

Last edited by NFlex23 (July 6, 2022 15:50:14)