Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Terraria Topic

TheUltimatum wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

TheUltimatum wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

I got Terraria on PS4 for Christmas. I have found the dungeon but I need to get better equipment. I have an iron broadsword, a godly silver pick axe, a silver axe, an iron bow, an enchanted boomerang and quite a few other items. Any tips on strategies to defeat Skeletron?
If playing splitscreen is possible or you have lots of friends who also have the game I'd recommend having at him all at once. Multiple players vs skeletron is a really good strat.
It is possible, but any tips on single player?
Single player? Get the best gear you can, explore the world to death. Beat your worlds miniboss, Get full demonite or crimsonite whichever your world has. Make sure you have a gun and quite a few bullets. Then go try to beat him.
I'd reccomend at the very least gold/platinum armor, a gold/platinum bow, if you can afford it the minishark (any bullets), and if you can find it, the water bolt (just hover the manual cursor over all of the books in the dungeon and press your action button, only do it for ones over 0 depth (use a depth meter to tell, dropped by cave bats)) or dungeon guardians will spawn and are impossible to kill at that stage (although when you get the ufo mount in late hardmode dungeon guardians become a joke to fight and kill ))

Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2018 17:45:39)

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
braycoe
Scratcher
94 posts

Terraria Topic

TheUltimatum wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

TheUltimatum wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

I got Terraria on PS4 for Christmas. I have found the dungeon but I need to get better equipment. I have an iron broadsword, a godly silver pick axe, a silver axe, an iron bow, an enchanted boomerang and quite a few other items. Any tips on strategies to defeat Skeletron?
If playing splitscreen is possible or you have lots of friends who also have the game I'd recommend having at him all at once. Multiple players vs skeletron is a really good strat.
Single player? Get the best gear you can, explore the world to death. Beat your worlds miniboss, Get full demonite or crimsonite whichever your world has. Make sure you have a gun and quite a few bullets. Then go try to beat him.
Yeah, if you get a minishark skeletron will die easy.
braycoe
Scratcher
94 posts

Terraria Topic

I'm doing an expert hardcore playthrough. I'm at the beginning of the game but I will fight EoC soon! I want the shield!!!!
78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

TheUltimatum wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

TheUltimatum wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

I once defeated him with a sharanga and a whole load of arrows.

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.
I mostly play Fortnite, Minecraft, the Touhou Project series and Terraria

Oh, you won’t see this without a ctrl+shift+down.
People need better thumbnails.
Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

I just had the weirdest luck.
I'm doing an expert mode mage playthrough, and I got a Water Bolt, Diamond Staff and Vilethorn, so I was feeling pretty good about myself, so I tried to beat the EoW. Twice, died both times.
I then immediately got a natural EoC spawn, and died.
A meteor landed and I went to look for it. Then a goblin army spawned.
Then I was doing ocean fishing when King Slime spawned.

That was four events in the span of ~10 minutes.

Also, doing the goblin army made me remember why the water bolt is amazing pre-hardmode.

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
Tinyhero888
Scratcher
100+ posts

Terraria Topic

78ch3 wrote:

TheUltimatum wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

If possible, get an enchanted sword and then kill EoW or BoC and craft armor then battle. You aren't prepared yet.
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

Tinyhero888 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

TheUltimatum wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

If possible, get an enchanted sword and then kill EoW or BoC and craft armor then battle. You aren't prepared yet.
Step 1: Get meteorite armour
Step 2: Get a space gun
Step 3: …
Step 4: Profit

Alternatively, the Bee's Knees (dropped by Queen Bee who's sort of a mid pre-hardmode boss) is an EXCELLENT weapon even a little ways into Hardmode.
But yeah, and iron broadsword and bow are nowhere near good enough for Skeletron. Probably could do the EoC with the boomerang, though.

Also, always remember the golden duo of arena setup: Campfire and Heart Lantern.

78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

I killed the eye of Cthulu again with Purple Clubberfish, demon bow and Ruthless enchanted boomerang.

I have 20 defence: Ancient shadow helmet, Gi, ebonwood greaves, And the only defensive items are an armoured copper watch, warding aglet and guarding climbing claws.

Weapons: Purple Clubberfish, demon bow, War Axe of the Night, Enchanted boomerang (^) and agile sickle. I don’t use my pickaxe. Any upgrades or weapons to get (mainly magic)?

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.

Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

Tinyhero888 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

TheUltimatum wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

Step 1: Get meteorite armour
Step 2: Get a space gun
Step 3: …
Step 4: Profit

Alternatively, the Bee's Knees (dropped by Queen Bee who's sort of a mid pre-hardmode boss) is an EXCELLENT weapon even a little ways into Hardmode.
But yeah, and iron broadsword and bow are nowhere near good enough for Skeletron. Probably could do the EoC with the boomerang, though.

Also, always remember the golden duo of arena setup: Campfire and Heart Lantern.
Ok. I’ll try to find a way to get Skeletron to my arena or make one there. I might try get some of that stuff.

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

78ch3 wrote:

I killed the eye of Cthulu again with Purple Clubberfish, demon bow and Ruthless enchanted boomerang.

I have 20 defence: Ancient shadow helmet, Gi, ebonwood greaves, And the only defensive items are an armoured copper watch, warding aglet and guarding climbing claws.

Weapons: Purple Clubberfish, demon bow, War Axe of the Night, Enchanted boomerang (^) and agile sickle. I don’t use my pickaxe. Any upgrades or weapons to get (mainly magic)?
Magic weapons, huh?
Well, there's a chance you can find a Water Bolt on the bookshelves near the top of the dungeon. It's the blue book with the white/yellow stripe on it. Just make sure you don't go below 0 depth, or a Dungeon Guardian spawns which 1-shots you.

If you can't get that, wait until a meteorite lands (happens after smashing at least 1 shadow orb), then bomb it. You can mine it, but dynamite is much more effective
A full set of meteorite armour lets you use the space gun for 0 mana (also made with meteorite). One good meteorite should let you craft everything you want, and once you have that stuff you're basically set all the way to Hardmode.

78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

Magic weapons, huh?
Well, there's a chance you can find a Water Bolt on the bookshelves near the top of the dungeon. It's the blue book with the white/yellow stripe on it. Just make sure you don't go below 0 depth, or a Dungeon Guardian spawns which 1-shots you.

If you can't get that, wait until a meteorite lands (happens after smashing at least 1 shadow orb), then bomb it. You can mine it, but dynamite is much more effective
A full set of meteorite armour lets you use the space gun for 0 mana (also made with meteorite). One good meteorite should let you craft everything you want, and once you have that stuff you're basically set all the way to Hardmode.
Alright. If I can find a shadow orb, I’ll use my bombs on it. Before that I’ll try to get better equipment to kill EoW. I’ll make a nightmare pickaxe and I’ll try to get hellstone stuff (Possibly a sharanga if it still exists on my version. I hate games where only specific platforms have an item, except for desktop which is usually the first. Minecraft PE had beetroot but now it is on all platforms)

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

78ch3 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

-snip-
Magic weapons, huh?

Alright. If I can find a shadow orb, I’ll use my bombs on it. Before that I’ll try to get better equipment to kill EoW. I’ll make a nightmare pickaxe and I’ll try to get hellstone stuff (Possibly a sharanga if it still exists on my version. I hate games where only specific platforms have an item, except for desktop which is usually the first. Minecraft PE had beetroot but now it is on all platforms)
Well, the Sharanga won't exist for much longer on console: they're getting rid of the console-exclusive content when 1.3 rolls around. So you might want to consider a different weapon. Think I've mentioned this but the Bee's Knees is an EXCELLENT weapon, but if that's not an option then molten fury's fine. Or, if you've killed EoC, you can just make a light's bane, since you can upgrade that to the night's edge, which is a pretty darn good weapon.

78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

-snip-
Magic weapons, huh?

Well, the Sharanga won't exist for much longer on console: they're getting rid of the console-exclusive content when 1.3 rolls around. So you might want to consider a different weapon. Think I've mentioned this but the Bee's Knees is an EXCELLENT weapon, but if that's not an option then molten fury's fine. Or, if you've killed EoC, you can just make a light's bane, since you can upgrade that to the night's edge, which is a pretty darn good weapon.
The purple clubberfish is the best I got, but I’ll try. I kept my light’s bane to make the NE. It is simple once you hit hardmode: kill a mechanical boss, make an Excalibur, get 2 broken hero swords, make Terra Blade. But that comes later. Right now, I need to get more equipment. I’ll try for a fiery greatsword. I’ll try for Bee’s knees or even Molten Fury. Thanks for the advice.

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

78ch3 wrote:

-snip-
The purple clubberfish is the best I got, but I’ll try. I kept my light’s bane to make the NE. It is simple once you hit hardmode: kill a mechanical boss, make an Excalibur, get 2 broken hero swords, make Terra Blade. But that comes later. Right now, I need to get more equipment. I’ll try for a fiery greatsword. I’ll try for Bee’s knees or even Molten Fury. Thanks for the advice.
Well, it's not actually that simple in Hardmode, I believe you can only get Terra Blade post-Plantera, since Mothron doesn't actually spawn until you've beaten Plantera. Repeaters are actually SUPER broken: with an Adamantite/Titanium Repeater and holy arrows you can basically decimate all the mech bosses really easily.
Also, Terra Blade isn't really that amazing of a weapon IMO. If you're killing Mothrons to make the Terra Blade the Eye of Cthulhu yoyo is super powerful, if a bit short-ranged. You can pretty easily go all the way to Moon Lord with it.

Except while I was writing this I remembered console + mobile are still 1.2. Derp.
But my point still stands once they get 1.3 which is coming pretty soon.

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

Bought Terraria a few days ago. Built a shelter in a cave and am now being chased around by floating eyeballs. Delightful.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
braycoe
Scratcher
94 posts

Terraria Topic

I'm going to play my expert hardcore playthrough. I'll tell about it later. Wish me good luck
TheSpanishDan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

jji10 wrote:

Bought Terraria a few days ago. Built a shelter in a cave and am now being chased around by floating eyeballs. Delightful.
fun

a u r o r a b o r e a l i s

Dan Engine v0.1
watch my object show
braycoe
Scratcher
94 posts

Terraria Topic

Terraria Expert Hardcore Attempt 1 #1: I started. I built a house and thought, “this is easy” but of course I was wrong! I was almost killed by 4 slimes! Then I got better stuff. It was night. I was building a second house while killing zombies. Then I was almost killed by 2 zombies. I also have a lot of potions. I'm going to continue right now.
Captain_Purple
Scratcher
100+ posts

Terraria Topic

tfw you complete terraria expert hardcore

ASCENSION

i haven't done it and probably never will
braycoe
Scratcher
94 posts

Terraria Topic

Captain_Purple wrote: