Discuss Scratch

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

braycoe wrote:

Terraria Expert Hardcore Attempt 1 #1: I started. I built a house and thought, “this is easy” but of course I was wrong! I was almost killed by 4 slimes! Then I got better stuff. It was night. I was building a second house while killing zombies. Then I was almost killed by 2 zombies. I also have a lot of potions. I'm going to continue right now.
tell me when you get the aviators

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Terraria Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

-snip-
The purple clubberfish is the best I got, but I’ll try. I kept my light’s bane to make the NE. It is simple once you hit hardmode: kill a mechanical boss, make an Excalibur, get 2 broken hero swords, make Terra Blade. But that comes later. Right now, I need to get more equipment. I’ll try for a fiery greatsword. I’ll try for Bee’s knees or even Molten Fury. Thanks for the advice.
Well, it's not actually that simple in Hardmode, I believe you can only get Terra Blade post-Plantera, since Mothron doesn't actually spawn until you've beaten Plantera. Repeaters are actually SUPER broken: with an Adamantite/Titanium Repeater and holy arrows you can basically decimate all the mech bosses really easily.
Also, Terra Blade isn't really that amazing of a weapon IMO. If you're killing Mothrons to make the Terra Blade the Eye of Cthulhu yoyo is super powerful, if a bit short-ranged. You can pretty easily go all the way to Moon Lord with it.

Except while I was writing this I remembered console + mobile are still 1.2. Derp.
But my point still stands once they get 1.3 which is coming pretty soon.
Adamantite/Titanium repeater? No no no, you should use those to fight hallowed mimics and get the Daedalus Stormbow, which when paired with holy arrows decimates the mechanichal bosses (especially the Destroyer, although I destroyed it with nothing but full titanium, an obsidian shield, wings, lightning boots, two other accesories that i don't remember and a phasesaber which was practically unmodified (it only had a knockback modifier which is pretty useless), while standing still the whole time!)
(if in 1.2.4 just use my tactic listed above to destroy the destroyer and then craft a hallowed repeater)

Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 8, 2018 00:55:29)

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

Greenduck54 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

-snip-
The purple clubberfish is the best I got, but I’ll try. I kept my light’s bane to make the NE. It is simple once you hit hardmode: kill a mechanical boss, make an Excalibur, get 2 broken hero swords, make Terra Blade. But that comes later. Right now, I need to get more equipment. I’ll try for a fiery greatsword. I’ll try for Bee’s knees or even Molten Fury. Thanks for the advice.
Well, it's not actually that simple in Hardmode, I believe you can only get Terra Blade post-Plantera, since Mothron doesn't actually spawn until you've beaten Plantera. Repeaters are actually SUPER broken: with an Adamantite/Titanium Repeater and holy arrows you can basically decimate all the mech bosses really easily.
Also, Terra Blade isn't really that amazing of a weapon IMO. If you're killing Mothrons to make the Terra Blade the Eye of Cthulhu yoyo is super powerful, if a bit short-ranged. You can pretty easily go all the way to Moon Lord with it.

Except while I was writing this I remembered console + mobile are still 1.2. Derp.
Adamantite/Titanium repeater? No no no, you should use those to fight hallowed mimics and get the Daedalus Stormbow, which when paired with holy arrows decimates the mechanichal bosses (especially the Destroyer, although I destroyed it with nothing but full titanium, an obsidian shield, wings, lightning boots, two other accesories that i don't remember and a phasesaber which was practically unmodified (it only had a knockback modifier which is pretty useless), while standing still the whole time!)
(if in 1.2.4 just use my tactic listed above to destroy the destroyer and then craft a hallowed repeater)
Yeah, Stormbow is even MORE ridiculous. Repeaters are already bad enough.

Best thing about the Stormbow is that it makes farming Martian Madness with sub-par weapons super easy.

78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

-snip-

Yeah. I also thought, if I get meowmere, I’ll be OP. I’ll farm the ML to get all the weapons, reforge them to legendary, use the strongest armour and use warding modifiers. I have 2 choices for melee: star wrath and Meowmere. What should I Get?

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.
I mostly play Fortnite, Minecraft, the Touhou Project series and Terraria

Oh, you won’t see this without a ctrl+shift+down.
People need better thumbnails.
Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

78ch3 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

-snip-

Yeah. I also thought, if I get meowmere, I’ll be OP. I’ll farm the ML to get all the weapons, reforge them to legendary, use the strongest armour and use warding modifiers. I have 2 choices for melee: star wrath and Meowmere. What should I Get?
If at all possible, both, but they're both really good so either would do. Meowmere is generally considered the strongest sword in the game, and it's great AOE, but I'm fairly sure Star Wrath is a better boss killer. Realistically, any Moon Lord drop makes the farming process much easier, be it Star Wrath, SDMG, Last Prism etc.
In terms of armour and accessories, I'd say try to get all the pillar armour, and for accessories reforge them to Lucky for ranger and Warding/Menacing for basically everything else. Lucky's really good for a ranger loadout since sniper rifle is pretty dang powerful and you can get it up to a near 100% crit chance.

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

I actually just beat the WoF in Expert Mode for the first time. I forgot how ridiculously broken Beenades are.

78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

I actually just beat the WoF in Expert Mode for the first time. I forgot how ridiculously broken Beenades are.
Warning: Hardmode incoming! Secure base and create artificial biomes!

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.

Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

78ch3 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

Already shielded my base, don't care about biomes yet. Once I beat Moon Lord I'm probably going to completely purify the top bit of my world, except maybe for a shielded-off surface Hallow.
Currently I've got Mythril ranged set and am working towards either Adamantite or Frost armour. Probably Frost.

Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Terraria Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

Already shielded my base, don't care about biomes yet. Once I beat Moon Lord I'm probably going to completely purify the top bit of my world, except maybe for a shielded-off surface Hallow.
Currently I've got Mythril ranged set and am working towards either Adamantite or Frost armour. Probably Frost.
I'd reccomend you at least dig tunnels around the corruption/crimson and hallow now, so they never become uncontrollable. Just dig tunnels right at the edge of them from the surface all the way to the Underworld, following them along, around 5-8 blocks wide, on each side. This will pretty much stop them in their tracks (Do this especially if corruption/crimson spawned on the jungle)

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
that's better
;
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

Greenduck54 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

I'd reccomend you at least dig tunnels around the corruption/crimson and hallow now, so they never become uncontrollable. Just dig tunnels right at the edge of them from the surface all the way to the Underworld, following them along, around 5-8 blocks wide, on each side. This will pretty much stop them in their tracks (Do this especially if corruption/crimson spawned on the jungle)
Don't actually care enough. I'll probably just try to kill a mech boss (probably Destroyer or Twins) and then do the whole world-splice clentaminator thing.
If I remember correctly, a four-block gap is the minimum gap corruption/crimson/hallow can't spread over, right?

78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

Greenduck54 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

Don't actually care enough. I'll probably just try to kill a mech boss (probably Destroyer or Twins) and then do the whole world-splice clentaminator thing.
If I remember correctly, a four-block gap is the minimum gap corruption/crimson/hallow can't spread over, right?
Yes, but if it is empty space, corruption/crimson thorns may grow to cross the gap. Fill it will clay, snow or any untransformable Block. Also make sure to have it at least 20 blocks above the surface, with a 2 Block high 5 Block wide lip to make sure it can’t get over.

As another tip, the hallow can’t spread through the jungle, but corruption/crimson CAN. If you like, spread hallow around the jungle, as it is the only incorruptible biome.

Dirt is technically immune to corruption/crimson/hallow, it is only the grass that isn’t. Nevertheless, don’t use it for barriers.

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

78ch3 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

Greenduck54 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

Yes, but if it is empty space, corruption/crimson thorns may grow to cross the gap. Fill it will clay, snow or any untransformable Block. Also make sure to have it at least 20 blocks above the surface, with a 2 Block high 5 Block wide lip to make sure it can’t get over.

As another tip, the hallow can’t spread through the jungle, but corruption/crimson CAN. If you like, spread hallow around the jungle, as it is the only incorruptible biome.

Dirt is technically immune to corruption/crimson/hallow, it is only the grass that isn’t. Nevertheless, don’t use it for barriers.

Yeah, just read that jungle is corruptible.
Time to break out the holy waters.
*wastes all 3 of my platinum buying hallow seeds*

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

Anyone else know about the invincibility exploit you can do with target dummies and the slimy saddle?

Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Terraria Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

Anyone else know about the invincibility exploit you can do with target dummies and the slimy saddle?
yes.

that's better
;
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

Greenduck54 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

yes.
C H E E S E F E S T

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

I feel like either Queen Bee drops way too much gold for its difficulty, or the WoF doesn't drop enough for its difficulty.

braycoe
Scratcher
94 posts

Terraria Topic

Expert Hardcore: already at 6. 3 and 4 were ridiculously bad. Me when I died on 3 and 4: HhHEHeHHeHeheheheheheelolol

Last edited by braycoe (Jan. 11, 2018 17:26:49)

Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Terraria Topic

DaEpikDude wrote:

I feel like either Queen Bee drops way too much gold for its difficulty, or the WoF doesn't drop enough for its difficulty.
ikr, 25 gold per expert bee kill is kinda rediculous. (and 10 gold is a lot for normal where it's way easier)

that's better
;
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria Topic

Greenduck54 wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

ikr, 25 gold per expert bee kill is kinda rediculous. (and 10 gold is a lot for normal where it's way easier)
In my normal expert world what I do when I need to grind gold is I get a bunch of abeeminations and just kill QB like ~10 times since it's stupid easy with a Phoenix Blaster.

By the way: Phoenix Blaster's easily one of the best Pre-Hardmode weapon, next to Water Bolt, Night's Edge and Enchanted Sword.

Also, I started a summoner/thrown playthrough (I feel like they go well together: summon has great end-game stuff, thrown has great early-game stuff) but I kinda got bored and just imported bee stuff from another world. ‾\(シ)/‾

Tokicastle123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Terraria Topic

Hello, I am going through an expert playthrough with 5 people, any tips on the WoF?

see: when baked beans go too far enough: the clorif norp stortpb.