Discuss Scratch

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Allowing other image hosting sites incase CubeUpload shuts down

EDawg2011 wrote:

I feel bad for you. I feel like the ST doesn't care about these people.
Assets & Uploads were never made to be used an image host. Assets was for the editor's sprite/costume hosting and uploads is just for thumbnails and profile images, nothing else.

Plus they said it's being misused anyways (Sure, we have to take their word for it - But atleast that's less of a pain on their back than they already have)
Call me careless if you want by going defense, however I do not see that as careless.

Jotaro Kujo wrote:

Good grief.
Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - github - github pages site - tamaNOTchi
stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

This dialouge box has more than one sentence to say!

undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

support for reasons in op

yes
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

*Sigh*… Support. I wish that the ST would be back on getting us image hosting again. At this rate, I'm going to have to get a CubeUpload account. But anyways, the ST really should whitelist a few more image hosts. PostImages and ImageBB seem as good as any, perhaps better than most. Of course, I don't know much about image hosts.

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats? Finally foruming again. Support for reasons in OP and no support for all the other reasons.

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
EDawg2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zydrolic wrote:

Call me careless if you want by going defense, however I do not see that as careless.
Is leaving @Xzillox not being able to view or post images because the only reliable image host left on the forums is blocked on their device careless?

Please note that I may sometimes make a mistake and give wrong information.

Can you please put this at/near the top of your signature and tell people that tag spam isn't allowed and it manipulates the algorithm, to start a chain and spread the word? - Thanks, @EDawg2011.

But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.

(Highlight text + down arrow + shift to see the rest of my signature.)

Help find out who ate @cheddargirl's signature! l JOIN WORLD DOMINATION INC. TODAY! l Donate your soul! l me when i accidentally spread misinformation l Platformer Skibidi

<0-0::sensing>//This is Charles; he protects my signature from evil kumquats.
when I'm spawned::events hat//This is the code Charles' brain runs on.
forever
if <[100] > (distance to [an evil kumquat v])> then
delete the evil kumquat::control
end
end

Be moist.

EDawg2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Please note that I may sometimes make a mistake and give wrong information.

Can you please put this at/near the top of your signature and tell people that tag spam isn't allowed and it manipulates the algorithm, to start a chain and spread the word? - Thanks, @EDawg2011.

But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.

(Highlight text + down arrow + shift to see the rest of my signature.)

Help find out who ate @cheddargirl's signature! l JOIN WORLD DOMINATION INC. TODAY! l Donate your soul! l me when i accidentally spread misinformation l Platformer Skibidi

<0-0::sensing>//This is Charles; he protects my signature from evil kumquats.
when I'm spawned::events hat//This is the code Charles' brain runs on.
forever
if <[100] > (distance to [an evil kumquat v])> then
delete the evil kumquat::control
end
end

Be moist.

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EDawg2011 wrote:

(#684)
Is leaving @Xzillox not being able to view or post images because the only reliable image host left on the forums is blocked on their device careless?
The part above literally answers you with “No, you are just acting like uploads and assets were intended to be used as image hosts in the first place”.
Read again:

Zydrolic wrote:

(#681)
Assets & Uploads were never made to be used an image host. Assets was for the editor's sprite/costume hosting and uploads is just for thumbnails and profile images, nothing else.

Plus they said it's being misused anyways (Sure, we have to take their word for it - But atleast that's less of a pain on their back than they already have)

Jotaro Kujo wrote:

Good grief.
Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - github - github pages site - tamaNOTchi
stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is CubeUpload still at risk of shutting down? I suppose it still would be worth allowing more image hosts anyways.

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7salad3salad wrote:

Is CubeUpload still at risk of shutting down? I suppose it still would be worth allowing more image hosts anyways.
Yes,

The forum boogeymen are out to get you

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-nvm - I misunderstood the suggestion-

Last edited by PaperMarioFan2022 (Jan. 12, 2024 15:19:06)

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

(#689)
Yep. I heard that it was shut down for whatever reason. And there's barely any image hosters to use (only ones that are paid services).
no lol its still up, it never shut down
this is from 2019, cubeupload never suffered a shutdown, only low funds

Jotaro Kujo wrote:

Good grief.
Suggestions
Other

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

7salad3salad wrote:

Yep. I heard that it was shut down for whatever reason. And there's barely any image hosters to use (only ones that are paid services).
Cubeupload is still actively up and running. This topic was created in 2019 and was most recently updated in 2021.

Last edited by 7salad3salad (Jan. 11, 2024 18:47:51)

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES
scratchusername40
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CubeUpload ain't gonna shut down. Period. If it does, this thread is not the right place for discussing a replacement (and the scratch team probably won't even listen to any of this discussion if that happens)

gdfsgdfsgdfg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchusername40 wrote:

CubeUpload ain't gonna shut down. Period. If it does, this thread is not the right place for discussing a replacement (and the scratch team probably won't even listen to any of this discussion if that happens)
This was from 2019
the time when CubeUpload shutdown temporarily

1000th post also use -forbidden- or highlight and ctrl (optional on some browsers) + shift + down arrow for more of my siggy

We have the craps ®

I gotta go touch sum grass

If it causes issues make it optional - gdfsgdfsgdfg

Do some research before replying to my posts - gdfsgdfsgdfg

curse you 60 sec rule

glory to Gdfsg Land

gdfsgdfsgdfg returns

Ocular(don’t look at my old posts plz)
PostPercent

kumquats? nah
my siggy is built with titani- *gets eaten*

Gdfsg Radio Station:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1000736602

Are you sleeping you tall cat (project):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1002042247/

The only suggestions I fully support are:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/924995948/

Don’t force me to get proof
get it yourself

my favorite topic is this (due to comedic purposes):
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/709979/

my favorite post is this (it’s deleted but I got it from ocular):
https://ocular.jeffalo.net/post/7517300

Grand borrowing cars IV intro and loading (template):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/972295666/

Guess the game by its mission name:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/750145/

GBC (GTA) topic:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/751981/

BF (Battlefield) topic:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/753243/

still don’t have the popularity lol (atleast I reached 100 followers)

Skill issue

reject
Embrace :)
Caramels_Secrets
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support. The forums would be dull with no images.

Your local Roblox girl.
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 120.0, No Flash version detected.

IT'S xD NOT XD!!!
I'm like Barbie 2.0 lol.
Check out my projects & my studios!
-Telekore-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Help me look for a cartoon I watched when I was younger!
Help me work on an upcoming iceberg!
She/they, autistic, cis female, I am bi, CD-R and DVD-R enthusiast.
< i have chronic llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch // Check out my drone project! // I am coleslawphobic.
Threads I created: Experimental Music, Obscure Cartoons, Puns and Jokes, Software Gore/Tech Fails, Unicode, Synthesizers, Obsolete and Peculiar Media Formats
Don't eat glue, kids. <- this part of my sig appeared in a dream so I wanted to put it here

FYI: “alot” and “aswell” aren't real words. Every spellchecker I've used puts a red squiggle under those “words”.
jumpship
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch should just have its own image host. I find it pretty foolish to rely on third-party sites, since I believe Scratch has the resources to make image hosting a thing.

scratchusername40
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jumpship wrote:

Scratch should just have its own image host. I find it pretty foolish to rely on third-party sites, since I believe Scratch has the resources to make image hosting a thing.
They did, assets.scratch.mit.edu. It was used for hosting assets in projects, but it worked on the forums. It wasn't technically supported, but some people figured out how to use it. You had to use a browser extension to use it. After tolerating it for a year or two, they finally banned it from the forums a couple months ago (despite the minimal effect it had compared to all project assets). So it's fair to say they don't want to do that.

Xzillox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchusername40 wrote:

After tolerating it for a year or two, they finally banned it from the forums a couple months ago
they didn't specifically ban assets, it just came with the main site filter since it was already filtered there.
it appears I was wrong that they didn't specifically ban it. I got assets mixed up with get_image. (thanks to @54387a for clarifying this)

54387a wrote:

Yes they did because when it was 1st implemented, you could workaround the block by using scratchr2/static/.%2E/.%2E instead of get_image/.%2E, but you can't do it anymore.

Last edited by Xzillox (Feb. 3, 2024 04:06:57)

14 | Professionally soading since 1998™ | Can't view/post images | Useful forum posts | internetometer | weird notebok | 100th post | tax evasion clicker | RIP | 500th post | forum post hall of fame (#2) | 1000TH POST!!

get games off the trending music category!

a cool thing I found: if you type “(c​)” it will show up as ©

I decided to stop using the support convention

give me song suggestions on my profile (I mostly listen to rock and metal)

when tuned to [drop c v] :: hat events
repeat until <drenched in sweat? :: sensing>
blast some epic [system of a down v] riffs :: motion
end

iiii];​)
ISTILLMAKESTUFF
Scratcher
500+ posts

ASSETTTSSSSSSSSS

Very first post- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/565039/ And no, I am totally not embarassed about it. (Especially the blocks)