Warn users when they've exceeded an asset size/JSON file size limit

beep

this is a link
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

If someone could “bump” the GitHub issue (just add a comment asking about the status of it), that would be very nice.

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

this is a link
9cjames1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, if people start losing time and work in projects it's gonna be Scratch's fault for not warning us before exceeding the limit.
dr189801
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support!

Welcome to my signature! Here you can find an amazing roleplay, and here you can find a great riddle studio! In the meantime, check out my profile! Oh, and here is a great lucid dreaming studio!
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

This thing is really coming to a head. Seriously, for multiple days in a row, I've seen more than one new topic in the Bugs and Glitches forum about save issues - and I'm sure that ~99% of those are being caused by the size limits. If you support this, I encourage you to add it to your signature - that will help get the word out and increase awareness.

Also, if someone could “bump” the GitHub issue (just add a comment asking about the status of it), that would be very nice.

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
funderburker
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support! :3

kjhgsdgfhjkjhdytfutiyohugyftdyigyuftdtrdfg
mrkeith101
Scratcher
500+ posts

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppppppppppooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Hi! I'm mrkeith101 and thanks for reading my post! I would always like to help.
Please view some of my projects! It's so easy! Just click my profile pic and click on one of my projects!
Contest plz join! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/643397339/

ScratchCatHELLO
Scratcher
1000+ posts

funderburker wrote:

Support! :3

mrkeith101 wrote:

support [shortened by ScratchCatHELLO for clarity]

Please don't spam. Also, please say why you support, not just that you support.

ScratchCatHELLO
I have 5600+ posts, I've been on scratch for 5 1/2 years, I'm a Forum Helper™ and I have a Scratch Wiki account!
I like: Python, CSS, Javascript, Rust

Python 3 Text Adventure
cool new browser game - cursed laughing-crying emoji - Illuminati - you know waterbenders, but do you know stock-imagebenders? - snek - vibin' - Bump song (vevo) - Speed bump - yee - fred - m i c k e y
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

This thing is really coming to a head. Seriously, for multiple days in a row, I've seen more than one new topic in the Bugs and Glitches forum about save issues - and I'm sure that ~99% of those are being caused by the size limits. If you support this suggestion, I encourage you to add it to your signature - that will help get the word out and increase awareness.

Also, if someone could “bump” the GitHub issue (just add a comment asking about the status of it), that would be very nice.

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This doesn't happen? Support. It's fine if people are limited by project size, but at least tell them when they've exceeded max project size.

dimayajonelcid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yeah, I think this could be useful! I literally made a “Song List” (unshared) of the songs used in my backpack, and oh boy, it has a ridiculous amount of songs. Yet, there are so many songs in the list that either some of the songs don't load or the page crashes! Seriously, I literally use them for my PE workouts in Online Learning (10:35 - 10:50 AM LOL) and, yeah.

I would like to see the asset size of my actual files, as they have all been put into one sprite. I want to see how bad it is, and how many sprites it would take to get the thing running.

BCMGF1137/19
Team: H: The Series

I'm going to avoid using Support/No Support in my forum posts from now on, since they are generally pointless

44 Phonemes. Very few usage rules. Self-explanatory. Join Alphabest. Simplify your life.

My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14541.0.0, Chrome 111.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

Your everyday, generic internet user.

penguinie1567, in reaction to the above sentence fragment, said: “I would do it without the comma.”
if <(inSchool?) = [true]> then
if <(pick random (1) to (1000)) = [1]> then
set [online v] to [true]
else
set [online v] to [false]
end
end
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

happy 2021 and Bump

the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I posted my support here all the way back on page one and I will do it again. How has this not been implemented yet!? And yet Scratch Team totally cares about their suggestions… Scratch Team, I love you for making Scratch, but you're also remarkably slow, lazy and/or bad at paying attention to your users.

Ilikesonic100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump bump bump bump bump bump bump
when [Scratch opened v]
forever if <on forums? :: sensing> :: control
bump
end
define bump
change y by (90000000)

Last edited by Ilikesonic100 (Jan. 11, 2021 15:57:56)

Ilikesonic100

Me! My friend! A smart guy! First project! Weekly Featured! My store! Highlight THIS to see more!

This is a kumquat storage chamber. I have them weakened!
(pick random ((O::pen) + (O::list)) to (undefined::)::variables) :: custom ring // This is my old guard. He's back!
wall (cement::grey) (cement::grey)::control hat
wall::control cap
when (kumquat) detected :: hat #ff00ff
blast energy out of (kumquat)::#ff00ff
kumquats here (kumquat :: grey) (kumquat :: grey) (kumquat :: grey) (kumquat :: grey) (kumquat :: grey) (kumquat :: grey) :: #ff00ff cap
(kumquat energy):: grey ring
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is offtopic, but it's incredibly annoying when the ‘project couldn\’t save' notification gets in the way of the green flag.

lm1996
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

This is offtopic, but it's incredibly annoying when the ‘project couldn\’t save' notification gets in the way of the green flag.
Same.

Lm / She/her / D&D DM / April 3rd /
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It's an old topic
There's bound to be a lot of bumps along the way. In fact, Since this topic is almost 1.5 years old, Flowermanvista could easily get away with 500+ bumps.

Last edited by gosoccerboy5 (Jan. 12, 2021 14:55:53)