Discuss Scratch

PinkTabbyHunterLargo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Warn users when they've exceeded an asset size/JSON file size limit

support, but as ResExsention said, it would be better as an optional thing.

oh noice I got the first post on the second page lol

Last edited by PinkTabbyHunterLargo (Aug. 26, 2019 09:36:03)

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

watching the ATs dissolve
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. This would be handy for griffpatch and others who make very advanced projects, but, it should pop up whenever you press the share button.

Last edited by DarthVader4Life (June 25, 2021 01:19:34)

Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I find it interesting that this suggestion has gotten little traction. The current system is an objectively bad choice from a UX standpoint and I want it fixed, and I'm sure many others want it too. It can't possibly be that hard to add this.

Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wow

Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Aaaand the bump doesn't work of course

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Not sure why this is not a feature.

Support. This would help with people not getting confused about why a project is not saving.

God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17

Advice:
Saying “Support” or “No Support” doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
A question that has already been answered doesn't need to be answered twice with the same answer - bring something new to the table.
WaterComesBack
Scratcher
100+ posts

:O

I JUST REALIZED I CASTED THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD!!!
i have nothing to say

BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
okay enough, welcome to my siggy. (press down+shift while highlighting a part of my signature to see the rest of my sig)
E

whoops sorry for the accidental e

h

h

h

stop viewing this

move (999999999) steps
move (999999) steps

ende
Starstriker3000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WaterComesBack wrote:

i have nothing to say
???
WaterComesBack
Scratcher
100+ posts

Starstriker3000 wrote:

WaterComesBack wrote:

i have nothing to say
???
Go to page 1. You'll find out what I mean

BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
okay enough, welcome to my siggy. (press down+shift while highlighting a part of my signature to see the rest of my sig)
E

whoops sorry for the accidental e

h

h

h

stop viewing this

move (999999999) steps
move (999999) steps

ende
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BUMP

PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! This will help users when they're confused why their projects aren't saving, which happens to me sometimes.
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Scratcher
100+ posts

Flowermanvista wrote:

bump
Please don't spam

Hello, I am
(8243874::operators)
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

8243874 wrote:

Flowermanvista wrote:

bump
Please don't spam
This topic has been dead for 8 days. How is a simple bump well within the allowance for a bump “spam”?

imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ResExsention wrote:

Sheep_maker wrote:

ResExsention wrote:

Sounds distinctly annoying.

This should be optional. I would rather make the whole project in one go and then slowly cut down the project size than to be constantly pinged about how everything is above the limit.
Maybe this warning only shows in the online editor?

No. I use both the online and offline editors.

It should be optional either way.
The Scratch Team probably wouldn’t want to make it optional since it would add an odd suppress size warnings checkbox somewhere.

I don’t think it would be too annoying if it was implemented correctly. Ideally it would only warn after the first time it failed to save due to the size limit. After that, it would only create a warning if the user manually pressed the save button. Failed autosave wouldn’t create periodic warnings after the first time. There would be no warnings in the offline editor.

The only time I can think of this being annoying is if you are frequently going above and under the size limit. This could potentially be fixed by limiting the number of times the message appears automatically since loading the page.

Scratch to Pygame converter: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/600562/
mr_coolcat
Scratcher
14 posts

I really do think it a good idea. I think it should have a percentage somewhere on the screen of the amount of space you had felt on the project. So yeah, I fully support it. I know one person who is working on a project and his project was amazing which I can see it be on the front page of the Scratch website which is a shame that the game is cancelled.

Also, I need to address this and I don't want to cause any fight, but it is still something that needs to be addressed. Spamming means repeating the same message which you did. Just stop it, it is just rude and pretty disrespectful. Just spamming won't help anyone at all and is really unprofessional.

I want to leave this in a positive note and say I fully support it